Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,944 posts
  • 215 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by robin
  • Topic is favorited by 55 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“When do you expect Gameseum to open for business?”

• Thanksgiving 2018 2 votes
      2%
    • Beginning of 2019 0 votes
    • March 2019 1 vote
      1%
    • April 2019 2 votes
      2%
    • "Summer" 2019 16 votes
      16%
    • It won't, but surely all donated money and machines will be returned. 80 votes
      79%

(101 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

download (resized).png
    Cyberbullying (resized).jpg
    06937ec6de46e466341c1b9b8e283cebbcdf51fc.png.jpg (resized).png
    6c4f86ab8711c7a3f71270bba621c1c51e279831.png.jpg (resized).png
    e87f011d764ae7b096ba18f74f10cc733a16412b.png.jpg (resized).png
    8E28E40B-E58A-4638-B4A0-6A4614B22CAA (resized).jpeg
    0FD16E5B-57B9-4296-9DE7-9CFAC564067C (resized).jpeg
    B46DA714-CFA6-4780-871A-16917769D91C (resized).jpeg
    0F07A909-BD47-42BA-A82F-74FE65890521 (resized).jpeg
    03F1224B-CCEF-44E0-8F49-9A47491F9049 (resized).jpeg
    Colson (resized).jpeg
    B4F28AA5-7D73-4FF3-9A7A-9AB65282D6E2 (resized).jpeg
    CC92318E-53CA-4CD8-B9A2-1E2F73A4E3D0 (resized).jpeg
    307046CF-33FB-4727-AD75-FDA55BA3DF76 (resized).jpeg
    AB72D8C3-B930-409A-89C0-8033C092E7F2 (resized).jpeg
    75E7F39D-2FCE-4D01-8DBE-4CCB47249F4F (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 3,944 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 79.
    #1251 4 years ago
    Quoted from toddtuckey:

About half hour from TNT is a flat rate arcade that charges $3 per fifteen minutes...or an all day pass for $35. Here is his website. https://www.thegameisafootarcade.com/ The main picture shows a single store space...he has now almost tripled the space in the last month as he is doing very well. He is now open six days a week and apparently interest is growing! I think Steve's pricing is very fair, and he told me he will have games in reserve as he rotates games in and out if there are failures (chassis, broken ramp, etc) and have others to put in.
    We here at TNT also offer flat rate play Monday through Friday as long as no parties are booked...so you have to call. We have now been booking quite a few of these small group "parties". We charge for 1 to 2 people $25 for one hour and $40 for two hours, 3 to 6 people is $40 for one hour and $75 for two hours, and 7 to 10 people $50 for one hour and $90 for two hours. Our games change as we sell them...but we keep cockpit drivers on hand and the Dance Dance machine...we always have a selection of new machines too. Todd

Says pins are virtual and some are vertical? WTF...no real pins? I'll stick to the pinball gallery!! IMO

#1252 4 years ago
    Quoted from toddtuckey:

About half hour from TNT is a flat rate arcade that charges $3 per fifteen minutes...or an all day pass for $35. Here is his website. https://www.thegameisafootarcade.com/ The main picture shows a single store space...he has now almost tripled the space in the last month as he is doing very well. He is now open six days a week and apparently interest is growing! I think Steve's pricing is very fair, and he told me he will have games in reserve as he rotates games in and out if there are failures (chassis, broken ramp, etc) and have others to put in.
    We here at TNT also offer flat rate play Monday through Friday as long as no parties are booked...so you have to call. We have now been booking quite a few of these small group "parties". We charge for 1 to 2 people $25 for one hour and $40 for two hours, 3 to 6 people is $40 for one hour and $75 for two hours, and 7 to 10 people $50 for one hour and $90 for two hours. Our games change as we sell them...but we keep cockpit drivers on hand and the Dance Dance machine...we always have a selection of new machines too. Todd

Todd,

Based off of what you have seen online how would you rate Steve’s machines quality vs yours? I would say you are probably fine charging a flat rate or per hour for the public to play your games but I would also guess that all of your pins have leg bolts. Just saying probably not an apples to apples comparison.

#1253 4 years ago
    Quoted from Ericc123:

Todd,
    Based off of what you have seen online how would you rate Steve’s machines quality vs yours? I would say you are probably fine charging a flat rate or per hour for the public to play your games but I would also guess that all of your pins have leg bolts. Just saying probably not an apples to apples comparison.

I’ll go with cherries to lemons

#1254 4 years ago

Todd,

Steven's games are all a++ . Pay attention .

#1255 4 years ago

How far is Steves place from Lancaster?
    Im going to be out there pretty soon and would check it out for the hell of it if its not far.

Also, what else is around Lancaster as far as places to play pinball.

#1256 4 years ago

Its in Lancaster county, if you're around Oct. 11th and 12th is the York show...what else? Amish....

#1257 4 years ago
    Quoted from Coindork:

Im going to be out there pretty soon and would check it out for the hell of it if its not far.

It's about 20-25 minutes north of Lancaster on rt 222.

There aren't many good places to play pinball directly in Lancaster but about 45 minutes east on rt 30 gets you to Pinball Gallery in Malvern, which is well worth the ride. $20 for a full day, $8 per hour. ~75 pins including all the new games (Jurassic Park, Wonka, Oktoberfest, etc) and a bunch of arcades too. They recently got a Cosmotrons, which I have yet to see anywhere else.

Also about 45 minutes east of Lancaster but on rt 23 is the Village Arcade in Saint Peter's Village. Only open noon-5pm Sat & Sun but they have ~30 EMs in nice shape, all set to two credits per quarter. Let me know if you're gonna be there, I live in town and will walk over - buy you a beer or whatever. 20 minutes further east on rt 23 is Railroad Bar & Grill/Pincrossing, which has amazing food and ~17 very nice modern pins.

PM me if I can help, I lived in downtown Lancaster for many years and know it like a cab driver.

#1258 4 years ago
    Quoted from Coindork:

Also about 90 minutes east in Allentown is PennSkate Arcade https://www.facebook.com/PennSkateArcade/ It's open Friday 5-9:30, Sat 11:00-4:00 & 4:30 - 9:30, Sunday 11:00-4:00 only $10 a session. 20 pins and 8 arcades.

#1259 4 years ago

Decades looks pretty cool - located in downtown Lancaster
    https://www.decadeslancaster.com/

#1260 4 years ago
    Quoted from emkay:

It's about 20-25 minutes north of Lancaster on rt 222.
    There aren't many good places to play pinball directly in Lancaster but about 45 minutes east on rt 30 gets you to Pinball Gallery in Malvern, which is well worth the ride. $20 for a full day, $8 per hour. ~75 pins including all the new games (Jurassic Park, Wonka, Oktoberfest, etc) and a bunch of arcades too. They recently got a Cosmotrons, which I have yet to see anywhere else.
    Also about 45 minutes east of Lancaster but on rt 23 is the Village Arcade in Saint Peter's Village. Only open noon-5pm Sat & Sun but they have ~30 EMs in nice shape, all set to two credits per quarter. Let me know if you're gonna be there, I live in town and will walk over - buy you a beer or whatever. 20 minutes further east on rt 23 is Railroad Bar & Grill/Pincrossing, which has amazing food and ~17 very nice modern pins.
    PM me if I can help, I lived in downtown Lancaster for many years and know it like a cab driver.

We should do a meetup in Saint Peter's someday.

#1261 4 years ago

Thanks for all the suggestions.
    So this was kind of a last minute trip.
    I'm flying to Philly tomorrow morning and renting a car to drive to Lancaster.
    I have to work during the day Thursday, but I'll be around tomorrow night and Thursday night.

Think I'm going to check out Gameseum tomorrow night just for the hell of it and spend an hour and 5 minutes there.
    After that ill hit up Railroad Bar & Grill/Pincrossing to eat and get some beers (food looks awesome).

Thursday night ill probably do similar and try to hit up Pinball Gallery since they close earlier and then hit up Railroad bar & Grill again afterwards.

If anybody wants to meet up for a beer, let me know.
    Cheers
    Kent

#1262 4 years ago
    Quoted from Coindork:

Thanks for all the suggestions.
    So this was kind of a last minute trip.
    I'm flying to Philly tomorrow morning and renting a car to drive to Lancaster.
    I have to work during the day Thursday, but I'll be around tomorrow night and Thursday night.
    Think I'm going to check out Gameseum tomorrow night just for the hell of it and spend an hour and 5 minutes there.
    After that ill hit up Railroad Bar & Grill/Pincrossing to eat and get some beers (food looks awesome).
    Thursday night ill probably do similar and try to hit up Pinball Gallery since they close earlier and then hit up Railroad bar & Grill again afterwards.
    If anybody wants to meet up for a beer, let me know.
    Cheers
    Kent

Also check out the pinmap for this area on here...I try to keep it as up to date as possible for the Lancaster County area. Nobody has a real cluster of machines in one place, but it makes for fun barhopping if there are certain pins on location you want to play.

#1263 4 years ago

This topic has made me aware of some amazing locations that if I’m ever in the east/central Pa area will definitely visit.
    Unfortunately musty EM’s don’t get me excited so I don’t think I’ll ever make it to the Gamesuem.

#1264 4 years ago
    Quoted from Pinsforfun:

Also about 90 minutes east in Allentown is PennSkate Arcade https://www.facebook.com/PennSkateArcade/ It's open Friday 5-9:30, Sat 11:00-4:00 & 4:30 - 9:30, Sunday 11:00-4:00 only $10 a session. 20 pins and 8 arcades.

Allentown is closer to two hours NE of Lanc but a good deal if you have time to play and they're open. I managed to come in 5th (I think?) at their monthly tourney last night. They've got an awesome collection of 80's Bally/Midway games you don't usually see on location - BMX, Blackwater 100, Motordome, Radical, Skateball, Spy Hunter, etc.

Quoted from VectorGamer:

Decades looks pretty cool - located in downtown Lancaster
    https://www.decadeslancaster.com/

It's not bad and the food is good too. I think they only have three pins right now though. Last time I was there, one of them still had a working add credit button.

Quoted from JoshPA:

We should do a meetup in Saint Peter's someday.

Anytime bro! I'll pm you my #.

#1265 4 years ago

Landed in Philly this afternoon and had the evening free so started making the rounds.
    I haven't spent that much time in Pennsylvania aside from a couple trade shows in Philly and a spent a weekend once in the Poconos at a buddy's cabin (thats about it).
    I have to say, its a nice drive and really pretty part of the country.

Anyhow, got checked into my hotel in Lancaster and had time to kill.
    Went and checked out Gameseum and PinCrossing/Railroad Street Bar & Grill.

I'll make an individual post about each place as to not jumble it up.
    I actually thought both places were cool, but in very different ways.

#1266 4 years ago

Let me preface this by the fact that it was a Wednesday night and it had been raining so not a lot of people were out and about.

I actually thought the town of Ephrata was kind of cool.
    Granted I only saw it at night and it was raining, but there were a lot of really cool old building and it had this neat old town vibe that I really don't get to see much where I live in Arizona.
    I thought their location was pretty descent as there is more than ample parking with two parking lots adjacent to the building.

Anyhow, went inside and got a wrist band.
    Steves wife or girlfriend was working the table at the front and was really quite nice.
    FYI, she did not charge me upfront for a pass and I payed at the end for the amount of time I stayed.
    I stayed under an hour so she prorated me and it was around $7, which I thought was fine.

All BS aside I thought the place was descent enough.
    I'm not really a snob when I come to playing games out on location, I'll play just about anything as long as its working properly.
    If I were local I would go there from time to time to kill an hour or so.
    Yeah, maybe some of the games were a little rough, but the place was full of pins and arcade machines and its a fully stocked arcade.
    There were a few solid state pins and the rest were EMs, but most were working.
    I went down the line and played every pin that was there and for the most part they were all playable and fun.
    A few were a bit rough, but totally playable.
    I love his Williams Sorcerer which was cosmetically not the best(a bit beat actually), but the machine played just fine and I had fun with it.
    I think only two of the pins were down, so it sounds like he's actually making progress getting things up and running.

There are a lot more arcade games than pins.
    It looks to me like he's spent some time acquiring some new machines.
    There were a few sit down driving games and other and other things that looked like they were being staged to get integrated into the lineup.
    Not really anything special or rare in the arcade games, but most were working and there were some descent titles that are fun.
    Quite a few are old operator conversions, things like Rush N Attack in a Williams cabinet etc, but whatever I like that game.
    I think if he can manage to stay in business for a few years and continue to reinvest profits into new and better machines he can potentially build this into something.

Yes, it was a little musty but to be fair it was raining out and the place has a bunch of old EM games in it.
    Not the best arcade I've ever been to, but pretty far from the worst.

Anyhow, I thought it was descent and wish him well with it.
    I know we all like to poke the bear here but I hope he builds this into something.
    It will be interesting to revisit in the future and see what he does with it.

BTW, Steve was actually there in the back doing repair work on some boards with a Hakko soldering iron, so the kid is actually working on fixing his stuff.
    I walked by him but didn't say anything, I figured just let him work.

It looks like I may be coming out this way a couple times a year for work related stuff, so if I do I would check it out again.

IMG_3670 (resized).jpgIMG_3670 (resized).jpgIMG_3673 (resized).jpgIMG_3673 (resized).jpgIMG_3671 (resized).jpgIMG_3671 (resized).jpgIMG_3672 (resized).jpgIMG_3672 (resized).jpgIMG_3674 (resized).jpgIMG_3674 (resized).jpg
    #1267 4 years ago

After I left Gameseum I headed over to Pincrossing at the Railroad Street Bar & Grill.
    It was a bit of a drive, but well worth it.

Once again, raining and not a lot of people out and about.
    It was a little after 10 when I got there and I think there were 3 people in the bar (one might have even worked there, not sure).
    All the chairs were stacked on the tables and the pins were turned off, so I asked the bartender if I could play pinball and she went and turned or the main row.
    That was fine by me as that was the row the the Jersey Jacks and newer Sterns.
    Got to actually put some descent time in on Wonka without having to wait in line which was nice.
    Played mostly that, Pirates and Dialed In.
    Dialed in must either be new or recently been reset because I put up 4th place.
    Anyhow, I really liked this place and would definitely go back.
    I could see this being one of my regular spot if I was local.

In typical dive bar fashion they did close up early though.
    Although the website says they are open till 2AM, is was really slow and they called last call at 11:30.
    I didn't mind soo much because it was an hour drive back to my hotel anyway.
    Neat place.

IMG_3678 (resized).jpgIMG_3678 (resized).jpgIMG_3677 (resized).jpgIMG_3677 (resized).jpgIMG_3679 (resized).jpgIMG_3679 (resized).jpgIMG_3680 (resized).jpgIMG_3680 (resized).jpg
    #1268 4 years ago

Hey, hey, now. Don’t you be positive here. LOL.

#1269 4 years ago

Cool review. Maybe it's better than we thought? This is one of the times I wouldn't mind being proven wrong. Decent is alot better than we were expecting. All I can say is good job

#1270 4 years ago
    Quoted from Coindork:

In typical dive bar fashion they did close up early though.

LOL
    The Rail is far from a dive bar.

#1271 4 years ago
    Quoted from ectobar:

LOL

Maybe that wasn’t the right choice of words.
    Local bar maybe?
    Anyhow my point was that’s not an uncommon thing at smaller bars on a night that’s not busy

#1272 4 years ago
    Quoted from Coindork:

Maybe that wasn’t the right choice of words.
    Local bar maybe?
    Anyhow my point was that’s not an uncommon thing at smaller bars on a night that’s not busy

Linfield, Pa. is not a major city either

#1273 4 years ago
    Quoted from ectobar:

LOL

If it doesn’t stick to the posted hours its a dive bar. One of the worst things you can do as a business is to not adhere to the hours you claim to be open for. Even if the place is empty, you gotta stay until closing. People want to know they can count on your business being professional and reliable.

#1274 4 years ago

I get it and agree. But I've certainly dabbled in hanging out in dive bars, and the Rail is far too nice to be considered one.

Enjoyed your write ups. I'm a reg at the Gallery and Rail, so keep us posted when you're around and maybe we can meet up.

#1275 4 years ago
    Quoted from vicjw66:

If it doesn’t stick to the posted hours its a dive bar. One of the worst things you can do as a business is to not adhere to the hours you claim to be open for. Even if the place is empty, you gotta stay until closing. People want to know they can count on your business being professional and reliable.

Dive bars don't usually have nice pins like those either.

#1276 4 years ago

If you want a real dive bar with a pin in it in downtown Lancaster, check out BKSOR at Hildy's, or Ohallerans. I think both still allow smoking.

#1277 4 years ago

Actually I think I used the term dive bar correctly judging by the second definition. It doesn’t just refer to a dispreputsble run down hole in the wall bar.
    The second definition: “It may also refer to a neighborhood bar where local residents gather to drink and socialize”.

#1278 4 years ago

Anyhow, I just wanted to be clear I didn’t mean that to be interpreted in a derogatory or disrectful way. I really liked the place.

#1279 4 years ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

If you want a real dive bar with a pin in it in downtown Lancaster, check out BKSOR at Hildy's, or Ohallerans. I think both still allow smoking.

Now you’re talking. Get them to add games at Brendee’s, the Shamrock and the Tally Ho and you’ll have a hell of a dive pin crawl. Prolly wanna Uber in and out of O’Halloran’s though!

#1280 4 years ago
    Quoted from emkay:

Now you’re talking. Get them to add games at Brendee’s, the Shamrock and the Tally Ho and you’ll have a hell of a dive pin crawl. Prolly wanna Uber in and out of O’Halloran’s though!

Yikes, Tally Ho! That is some place!

#1281 4 years ago
    Quoted from djreddog:

Yikes, Tally Ho! That is some place!

Hahaha It was a little dicey in the 90's but nowadays is pretty tame. Gunter is a helluva cook and his son in law Brandon was one of my boys back in the day, aka DJ Sensei.

The Shamrock is far more dangerous with the hookers & crack dealers, and somebody got shot dead on the front stoop of O'Halloran's last year.

#1282 4 years ago
    Quoted from emkay:

Hahaha It was a little dicey in the 90's but nowadays is pretty tame. Gunter is a helluva cook and his son in law Brandon was one of my boys back in the day, aka DJ Sensei.
    The Shamrock is far more dangerous with the hookers & crack dealers, and somebody got shot dead on the front stoop of O'Halloran's last year.

I was just in the Shamrock a week ago! It was actually pretty fun and a good crowd... But ya never know there. Love my Lancaster dives!

#1283 4 years ago
    Quoted from brucipher:

I was just in the Shamrock a week ago! It was actually pretty fun and a good crowd... But ya never know there. Love my Lancaster dives!

What pin do they have in there these days? Last I heard, it was SW.

#1284 4 years ago
    Quoted from brucipher:

Yeah, I love 'em too. Even the ones from days gone by like Manor Tavern, the Wonder Bar, Jamie's Place, Caribbean Breeze... Miguel's! I was never a big fan of the Blue Star but they had their moments.

Used to drink in the Sundown Lounge underage. They had a Tommy pin back then.

#1285 4 years ago

I keep thinking of this Geico commercial.

#1286 4 years ago
    Quoted from emkay:

Yeah, I love 'em too. Even the ones from days gone by like Manor Tavern, the Wonder Bar, Jamie's Place, Caribbean Breeze... Miguel's! I was never a big fan of the Blue Star but they had their moments.
    Used to drink in the Sundown Lounge underage. They had a Tommy pin back then.

Sundown usually has a Stern machine there these days... Last time I was there it was Metallica.

#1287 4 years ago
    Quoted from dmacy:

I keep thinking of this Geico commercial.

It's nice to know I'm not the only one that saw that commercial and had the same connection.

#1288 4 years ago
    Quoted from Pablito350:

It's nice to know I'm not the only one that saw that commercial and had the same connection.

That and seeing that kid from Stranger Things. I think they have the same teeth.

#1289 4 years ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

What pin do they have in there these days? Last I heard, it was SW.

Sorry - somehow missed seeing this post. There was no pin there...

#1290 4 years ago

This kid? Always looks like he has NO teeth...

untitled (resized).pnguntitled (resized).png
    #1291 4 years ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

This kid? Always looks like he has NO teeth... [quoted image]

He doesn’t. He has cleidocranial dysostosis.

#1292 4 years ago
    Quoted from djreddog:

He doesn’t. He has cleidocranial dysostosis.

You're right! And here I was thinking you made that shit up...

#1293 4 years ago

Well there wasn’t a look at me post last month from gameseum, so either his numbers were off and reality set in, or he matured some.....let’s hope it’s the latter. Anybody been there recently? There hasn’t been much for reviews lately so can’t tell what’s up. Unless they were all negative and he removed them again.

#1294 4 years ago

Just visited his FB page. He posted about how good the crowd was last Friday night and in the picture I counted 6 people.

#1295 4 years ago

His hours any different now that school started? Can't imagine much happening during the daytime.

#1296 4 years ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

His hours any different now that school started? Can't imagine much happening during the daytime.

According to FB he's open now so it doesn't look like it changed. What he should do is offer a lunch time special from like 12-2. Pinball Gallery charges $5 per hour from 11:30-1:30 weekdays.

#1297 4 years ago

How about Air bnb at his house for the whole a++ s.v.s. experience

#1298 4 years ago

I gave him my fair share of heckling, but its been a few months, he is still open and not totally burned out on the whole thing...good for him I hope he makes it.

#1299 4 years ago
    Quoted from Phat_Jay:

Anybody been there recently?

Funny you ask, I went to a friend's annual Labor Day picnic in the area and somebody brought up Gameseum. He asked me if I'd checked it out yet and I just chuckled and said no, then asked if he had. He hadn't but said his brother in law visited and was pretty disappointed. Said way too many games were off or broken and didn't feel it was worth the $, even just for an hour. He made the same observation as others have in this thread about how weird it was to have this kid telling him what arcades in the 80's used to be like.

Quoted from VectorGamer:

What he should do is offer a lunch time special from like 12-2. Pinball Gallery charges $5 per hour from 11:30-1:30 weekdays.

That's what originally got me going there. Sometimes I have Fridays off and when the kid's in school and the wife's at work, two hours of cheap pinball is a siren call I can't resist. Since then I've spent over $1500 there on entrance/tournament/league fees and annual memberships, so it definitely paid off for them.

1 week later
    #1300 4 years ago

He's building quite the collection. Pretty soon he's going to run out of room at that location.

There are 3,944 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 79.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gameseum-gaming-gala-sept-15/page/26?hl=boat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.