Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,944 posts
  • 215 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by robin
  • Topic is favorited by 55 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“When do you expect Gameseum to open for business?”

• Thanksgiving 2018 2 votes
      2%
    • Beginning of 2019 0 votes
    • March 2019 1 vote
      1%
    • April 2019 2 votes
      2%
    • "Summer" 2019 16 votes
      16%
    • It won't, but surely all donated money and machines will be returned. 80 votes
      79%

(101 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

download (resized).png
    Cyberbullying (resized).jpg
    06937ec6de46e466341c1b9b8e283cebbcdf51fc.png.jpg (resized).png
    6c4f86ab8711c7a3f71270bba621c1c51e279831.png.jpg (resized).png
    e87f011d764ae7b096ba18f74f10cc733a16412b.png.jpg (resized).png
    8E28E40B-E58A-4638-B4A0-6A4614B22CAA (resized).jpeg
    0FD16E5B-57B9-4296-9DE7-9CFAC564067C (resized).jpeg
    B46DA714-CFA6-4780-871A-16917769D91C (resized).jpeg
    0F07A909-BD47-42BA-A82F-74FE65890521 (resized).jpeg
    03F1224B-CCEF-44E0-8F49-9A47491F9049 (resized).jpeg
    Colson (resized).jpeg
    B4F28AA5-7D73-4FF3-9A7A-9AB65282D6E2 (resized).jpeg
    CC92318E-53CA-4CD8-B9A2-1E2F73A4E3D0 (resized).jpeg
    307046CF-33FB-4727-AD75-FDA55BA3DF76 (resized).jpeg
    AB72D8C3-B930-409A-89C0-8033C092E7F2 (resized).jpeg
    75E7F39D-2FCE-4D01-8DBE-4CCB47249F4F (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 3,944 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 79.
    #1201 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Good point. Nobody leaves the house once the temp drops below 70.

I thought it got below 70 in the winter out east and there were snow storms, but hey nobody's as smart as you Levi....

#1202 4 years ago
    Quoted from VectorGamer:

He posted this pic yesterday. He could probably get a lot more games in if he moved/got rid of that poverty console gaming table.

What do you mean? It’s beyond comfortable to sit on a metal chair and play video games for four hours. Especially if you like hemorrhoids.

#1203 4 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

What do you mean? It’s beyond comfortable to sit on a metal chair and play video games for four hours. Especially if you like hemorrhoids.

I think it's pronounced Asteroids. It's a rare game I think.

#1204 4 years ago
    Quoted from tslayer71:

I would thing people would be less likely to be walking around town, leave the house, but only my opinion....

I run a pinball tournament in Pennsylvania, we always see lower turnouts during summer months. Fall and winter usually have more people coming out to play in our tournament.

#1205 4 years ago
    Quoted from mkecasey:

I run a pinball tournament in Pennsylvania, we always see lower turnouts during summer months. Fall and winter usually have more people coming out to play in our tournament.

Guess I was wrong - sorry for expressing an opinion......

#1206 4 years ago
    Quoted from tslayer71:

Wow standing room only! Colder weather may not be good for business. Winter is coming Steven - tick toc.... tick toc....

I think that's an alright crowd for a Monday. Assuming that's actually from yesterday. There's a retro arcade near me and if I go there on a weekday, summer or winter, it's a freaking ghost town. And they have much, much more than Gameseum. 3x the arcade games, food, minigolf, bounce houses, redemption games, pins, air hockey, pool tables

#1207 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Isn't colder weather GOOD for business?
    Seems like places like arcades would do worse in the summer when people are out doing stuff.

But then the kids are in school M-F. I know school starts before Labor Day in some areas. Heck, it started yesterday in Reno.

#1208 4 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

But then the kids are in school M-F. I know school starts before Labor Day in some areas. Heck, it started yesterday in Reno.

So what's a solid business plan for an arcade? Only be open in the summer when everybody is on vacation?

#1209 4 years ago

Don't a lot of game places open in early afternoon and then have extended summer/weekend hours for this very type of reason?

#1210 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Seems like places like arcades would do worse in the summer when people are out doing stuff.

We have always done better with our sites in the winter. The small exceptions are water parks and camp grounds.

#1211 4 years ago
    Quoted from tslayer71:

Wow standing room only! Colder weather may not be good for business. Winter is coming Steven - tick toc.... tick toc....

Back to school may not be good for business!

#1212 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It depends on the location. In my estimation, for this location and what it is, it won't really matter. Unless it's specifically a tourist area in which case it will do worse. It also is highly dependent on the hours they are open or not.

It's actually highly complex. I have managed to work in or closely enough to know the finances of seven different locations.

#1213 4 years ago
    Quoted from goatdan:

It depends on the location. In my estimation, for this location and what it is, it won't really matter.

That's good news for the Gamesuem then.

#1214 4 years ago
    Quoted from tslayer71:

Guess I was wrong - sorry for expressing an opinion......

Sorry, I didn’t mean any harm with my comment. I was just trying to explain what I’ve seen in my experience. My apologies.

#1215 4 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

Like hemorrhoids? I LOVE hemorrhoids! A+++

#1216 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

That's good news for the Gamesuem then.

Maybe... but how many visitors will return again after their 1st visit or become regular customers if the machines don’t change and no new machines are added?
    And by adding new machines I mean machines released in the last 1-5 years not Earthshaker which was released in 1989.
    It doesn’t matter how many old games or A++ classic video games are added to the row. Unless that is Playing galaga on the original machine becomes the latest craze with customers lined up deep like in the old days when real arcades would add 3-5 of the same new machine just so customers didn’t have to wait to play.
    As much as I wish, those days are gone forever!

#1217 4 years ago
    Quoted from ultimategameroom:

Maybe... but how many visitors will return again after their 1st visit or become regular customers if the machines don’t change and no new machines are added?
    And by adding new machines I mean machines released in the last 1-5 years not Earthshaker which was released in 1989.
    It doesn’t matter how many old games or A++ classic video games are added to the row. Unless that is Playing galaga on the original machine becomes the latest craze with customers lined up deep like in the old days when real arcades would add 3-5 of the same new machine just so customers didn’t have to wait to play.

Compared to the arcades of the 80’s, Gameseum is like the back area of a Goodwill store.

#1218 4 years ago

Don't need that...just need a single multicade....then you can claim you have ALL the classics!

#1219 4 years ago

He needs to get a nice row of modern pinballs then start a league. Leagueseum at Gameseum

#1220 4 years ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:

Compared to the arcades of the 80’s, Gameseum is like the back area of a Goodwill store.

The most bestest rarest, most valuable A++ goodwill ever

#1221 4 years ago

This evening, I spent a few thoroughly enjoyable hours at Jilly's Arcade on the Ocean City, NJ boardwalk. It's a large place with a good variety of modern and vintage arcade machines. Best of all, they have 2 rows of pinballs at only 25 cents per play and the titles are good.

Below are photos of the pinballs at Jilly's.

Check out the funny sign, which was posted above South Park.

I'm an average player, on a good day. But, tonight, I was in the zone on Aerosmith.

20190813_222618 (resized).jpg20190813_222618 (resized).jpg20190813_230852 (resized).jpg20190813_230852 (resized).jpg20190813_222659 (resized).jpg20190813_222659 (resized).jpg20190813_232341 (resized).jpg20190813_232341 (resized).jpg
    #1222 4 years ago

Jilly's usually gets a new pin each year, what's new this year?

#1223 4 years ago
    Quoted from ZNET:

Check out the funny sign, which was posted above South Park.

That’s the original topper. Similar to the disclaimer at the beginning of each South Park episode, but reworded for pinball. Come on rookie.

#1224 4 years ago

I don't totally agree with that. But what would get me to be a returning customer might be different than others.

If an arcade wants me to visit their place they got to have some rare titles or games that are hard to emulate along with the popular titles (Galaga, Pac-Man, Donkey Kong etc). I can stay at home and play Galaga and I'm not missing much by not playing the cabinet. Funspot has some video games like a Space Encounters mini, Tunnel Hunt, Death Race and SubRoc where you really need to play the cabinet to get the best experience. I don't see any video games in the current Gameseum lineup that makes me want to visit.

As far as pinball, I enjoy playing EMs and early solid states as much as the modern pins. I don't have a problem with the Gameseum lineup being EM heavy as I've ventured out to Village Arcade on occasion (although, I've always made a stop at Pincrossing as well to grab lunch and play some more pinball as it's only 10 miles away) which has only EMs. I can't justify making a trip to Gameseum as he doesn't have near enough pins. He would have to triple the amount of pins he has on location to make a trip worthwhile assuming that most of them are in working order.

And then after all that, Gameseum would have to shuffle up their lineup to get me as a returning customer. I stopped going to Timeline Arcade because every time I was there (about a year between visits) they had the same old games.

Finally there's the price issue. $7 for a half hour or $10 an hour is not a bargain. $25 for all day play is not an option because he doesn't have a lineup that would get me to stay for more than an hour.

#1225 4 years ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

Jilly's usually gets a new pin each year, what's new this year?

The Munsters is new.

#1226 4 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

That’s the original topper. Similar to the disclaimer at the beginning of each South Park episode, but reworded for pinball. Come on rookie.

Yep, Lloyd pointed that out in a different thread. The game also came with a figurine, evidently.

What the heck do I know about South Park? I'm an EM guy!

#1227 4 years ago
    Quoted from ZNET:

What the heck do I know about South Park? I'm an EM guy!

Says the guy with an NIB Beatles pin.

#1228 4 years ago

Steven , we want more 80's games

#1229 4 years ago
    Quoted from VectorGamer:

Funspot has some video games like a Space Encounters mini, Tunnel Hunt, Death Race and SubRoc where you really need to play the cabinet to get the best experience.

This. For all that Otaku says about rare games, he doesn’t really have any. He really needs to invest in some truly rare games or at least games whose experience cannot be easily emulated. Games like Discs of Tron environmental or a Cockpit Star Wars or Death Race.

Speaking of Death Race, it’s stick figures running over “gremlins” was banned for its theme. Just the other day I put a dollar in this Death Race clone that was in the kiddie section of the mall. When you run over the aliens, they get zapped. What was once banned is now considered suitable for little kids.
    7B360829-DB49-4A9C-8713-58EA14109F9B (resized).jpeg7B360829-DB49-4A9C-8713-58EA14109F9B (resized).jpegE4FB50BB-2360-49A8-B779-C913FAD25766 (resized).jpegE4FB50BB-2360-49A8-B779-C913FAD25766 (resized).jpeg

#1230 4 years ago

Otaku has yet to show pictures of an actual restoration. They don’t exist. If they did, he’d proudly display them. He’s a hoarder gathering every cheap game he can find.

#1231 4 years ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:

Otaku has yet to show pictures of an actual restoration. They don’t exist. If they did, he’d proudly display them. He’s a hoarder gathering every cheap game he can find.

Just like everything else with this guy. All the games added after the place opened were purchased since then, not from his "enormous" collection he promised to rotate games in from. All that talk about how authentic his games are with CRTs instead of LCDs but he keeps adding cabinets with LCDs - NFL Blitz being the most recent. Excuses and bullshit, completely out of his control unless you like it.

#1232 4 years ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:

But he sure is the king of shameless self promotion, is he not? Every game they get is the best of the best, in unbelievable condition and you just wont find a game like that anywhere else.
    Better hurry in, those all day passes are selling like crazy! There must be a limited number of them, so you need to get there quick! My question is . . . Is that a good thing? I HATE crowded arcades. If I'm buying a super A++ value all day pass, the last thing I want to do is wait for other people to get done playing something I want to play.

#1233 4 years ago
    Quoted from GWalton:

But he sure is the king of shameless self promotion, is he not? Every game they get is the best of the best, in unbelievable condition and you just wont find a game like that anywhere else.
    Better hurry in, those all day passes are selling like crazy! There must be a limited number of them, so you need to get there quick! My question is . . . Is that a good thing? I HATE crowded arcades. If I'm buying a super A++ value all day pass, the last thing I want to do is wait for other people to get done playing something I want to play.

Dude if someone is on galaga you can play the multi cade with the LCD!

#1234 4 years ago
    Quoted from vicjw66:

This. For all that Otaku says about rare games, he doesn’t really have any. He really needs to invest in some truly rare games or at least games whose experience cannot be easily emulated. Games like Discs of Tron environmental or a Cockpit Star Wars or Death Race.
    Speaking of Death Race, it’s stick figures running over “gremlins” was banned for its theme. Just the other day I put a dollar in this Death Race clone that was in the kiddie section of the mall. When you run over the aliens, they get zapped. What was once banned is now considered suitable for little kids.
    [quoted image][quoted image]

Judging by one of the vids he posted, I would say that Konami Lifeforce cab (sans the pcb) is his rarest piece. Unfortunately, that pcb alone is north of 4 bills.

Some of the aforementioned games you listed, and rare games in general, are fetching some serious coin. Looks like most of his pickups are done by the cheap end. For the most part, the days are over finding a DOT, cockpit SW or a Death Race on bargain prices...

#1235 4 years ago

The only thing rare at the gameseum would be the owner showering and wearing regular pants...

#1236 4 years ago

Vector Gamer has a good point, having games that are not easily emulated would bring me back. I'd love to play a Chicago Coin Speedway, Night Driver, Hard Driving, Sprint 2, Super Sprint, Gorf, Tron, Air Hockey, Monaco GP, Turbo, Tapper. I happen to like properly playing EM games just as much as SS/DMD. The problem is that most people are unable get EM's to the point where they play properly which makes people who try them for the fist time think they are boring.

#1237 4 years ago
    Quoted from tslayer71:

The only thing rare at the gameseum would be the owner showering and wearing regular pants...

Doubt that would be enough to get rid of the “stink”.

#1238 4 years ago
    Quoted from Schusler:

Some of the aforementioned games you listed, and rare games in general, are fetching some serious coin. Looks like most of his pickups are done by the cheap end. For the most part, the days are over finding a DOT, cockpit SW or a Death Race on bargain prices...

For sure, but if the gameseum has taken in as much revenue as claimed, he really should invest in a “museum piece” or two. A game like Death Race could have a nice plaque by it “first banned video arcade game” with a nice write-up about it’s significance. He could probably find old newspaper articles or news stories about the game on the web and put it on a loop where you push the button to watch. You know, actually make it a game museum.

#1239 4 years ago

It's been awfully quiet this week. Ephrata goes back to school next Wednesday I wonder if he's going to change his hours?

#1240 4 years ago
    Quoted from VectorGamer:

It's been awfully quiet this week. Ephrata goes back to school next Wednesday I wonder if he's going to change his hours?

Seriously, have any pinsiders other than rocketman been there?

#1241 4 years ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

Seriously, have any pinsiders other than Rocketman been there?

Not everyone is up to date on their shots. Just saying .

#1242 4 years ago

Hes buying another TNT game...thumbs down that video. I cant watch him.

#1243 4 years ago
    Quoted from GLSP3022:

Hes buying another TNT game...thumbs down that video. I cant watch him.

Think I saw some brown stains in his sweat pants.

#1244 4 years ago

Poof!

#1245 4 years ago

Lol. Pretty funny

That said, I think it’s time for everyone to enjoy their hobby and let the little weasel and his imaginary fiefdom flounder and die. Way too much time being spent on him.

#1246 4 years ago

Sorcerer from TNT .

#1247 4 years ago

Sorcerer is a good older pin. That one certainly will need a fair amount of work before it should be used on a gameroom floor daily; unless you want a bare wood playfield.

Hopefully he will be able to get all that done nicely and get it playing well again.

#1248 4 years ago

Ohh...what the heck is a prototype transistor????

#1249 4 years ago
    Quoted from albummydavis:

Lol. Pretty funny
    That said, I think it’s time for everyone to enjoy their hobby and let the little weasel and his imaginary fiefdom flounder and die. Way too much time being spent on him.

Yeah, instead of printing up t-shirts, I decided to spent the cash on an Xbox One X.
    However, I will revisit the shirts if there is renewed interest or the DBRY escalates.

#1250 4 years ago

About half hour from TNT is a flat rate arcade that charges $3 per fifteen minutes...or an all day pass for $35. Here is his website. https://www.thegameisafootarcade.com/ The main picture shows a single store space...he has now almost tripled the space in the last month as he is doing very well. He is now open six days a week and apparently interest is growing! I think Steve's pricing is very fair, and he told me he will have games in reserve as he rotates games in and out if there are failures (chassis, broken ramp, etc) and have others to put in.
    We here at TNT also offer flat rate play Monday through Friday as long as no parties are booked...so you have to call. We have now been booking quite a few of these small group "parties". We charge for 1 to 2 people $25 for one hour and $40 for two hours, 3 to 6 people is $40 for one hour and $75 for two hours, and 7 to 10 people $50 for one hour and $90 for two hours. Our games change as we sell them...but we keep cockpit drivers on hand and the Dance Dance machine...we always have a selection of new machines too. Todd

There are 3,944 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 79.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gameseum-gaming-gala-sept-15/page/25 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.