Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,944 posts
  • 215 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by robin
  • Topic is favorited by 55 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“When do you expect Gameseum to open for business?”

• Thanksgiving 2018 2 votes
      2%
    • Beginning of 2019 0 votes
    • March 2019 1 vote
      1%
    • April 2019 2 votes
      2%
    • "Summer" 2019 16 votes
      16%
    • It won't, but surely all donated money and machines will be returned. 80 votes
      79%

(101 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

download (resized).png
    Cyberbullying (resized).jpg
    06937ec6de46e466341c1b9b8e283cebbcdf51fc.png.jpg (resized).png
    6c4f86ab8711c7a3f71270bba621c1c51e279831.png.jpg (resized).png
    e87f011d764ae7b096ba18f74f10cc733a16412b.png.jpg (resized).png
    8E28E40B-E58A-4638-B4A0-6A4614B22CAA (resized).jpeg
    0FD16E5B-57B9-4296-9DE7-9CFAC564067C (resized).jpeg
    B46DA714-CFA6-4780-871A-16917769D91C (resized).jpeg
    0F07A909-BD47-42BA-A82F-74FE65890521 (resized).jpeg
    03F1224B-CCEF-44E0-8F49-9A47491F9049 (resized).jpeg
    Colson (resized).jpeg
    B4F28AA5-7D73-4FF3-9A7A-9AB65282D6E2 (resized).jpeg
    CC92318E-53CA-4CD8-B9A2-1E2F73A4E3D0 (resized).jpeg
    307046CF-33FB-4727-AD75-FDA55BA3DF76 (resized).jpeg
    AB72D8C3-B930-409A-89C0-8033C092E7F2 (resized).jpeg
    75E7F39D-2FCE-4D01-8DBE-4CCB47249F4F (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 3,944 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 79.
    #1151 4 years ago
    Quoted from Dooskie:

Tim Arnold isn't the poster boy of being dressed like a businessman, but at least the hair isn't all over the place and he has sense enough to wear a polo and something other than sweatpants or sweatshorts. You don't have to try too hard to be presentable. Tim does his own thing, and he's done it well enough and long enough that he can run the place respectably enough to do just fine. But Steve isn't Tim Arnold, and he's possibly in for some doses of hard reality if he's not careful.
    My last comments and observations. I don't wish anything bad on Steve. Good luck with your venture.[quoted image]

Do you guys think Steve will be like Tim Arnold and donate a boatload of money to the Salvation Army? Nah, I don't...

#1152 4 years ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

Do you guys think Steve will be like Tim Arnold and donate a boatload of money to the Salvation Army? Nah, I don't...

Lmfao....bizzaro world opposite!

#1153 4 years ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

He wouldn't even sell pins bought with other people's money to help his dog. I'd love to see him insult someone's wife in person. I hope the gameseum has a good dental plan...

#1154 4 years ago
    Quoted from tslayer71:

He wouldn't even sell pins bought with other people's money to help his dog. I'd love to see him insult someone's wife in person. I hope the gameseum has a good dental plan...

lol, epic.

#1155 4 years ago
    Quoted from tslayer71:

That's horrible to say. That being said, I'm sitting here with a big grin on my face and trying my hardest not to laugh. <<shaking my head>>
    One of the best posts I've seen in a long time. I needed a chuckle tonight.

#1156 4 years ago
    Quoted from tslayer71:

I hope the gameseum has a good dental plan...

Shots fired.. haha

Fucking terrible though.

#1157 4 years ago
    Quoted from Procrastinator:

“Blah blah blah Jody was with your wife”
    -FYI, Jody is a blanket name for the guy a woman cheats with.
    This isn’t the first time he’s gone after people’s wive’s

Quoted from Phat_Jay:

Just a nasty shot at another pinsiders wife. I mean why attack someone who never did anything to him? Im sure shes a nice lady, whats the point in attacking her?

What kind of conspiracy theories are you guys dishing into? This is why we're at where we're at, utter nonsense.

Jody = JodyG, a male Pinsider I was having a dig at, because I mean it's mutual. Nobody's wives were involved until somebody decided to make a stupid comment and I decided to equally return the favor, but there's nothing about this fictious Jody wife who doesn't exist or the slang term for somebody's wife cheating, WTF? Holy moly - Jody is a guy! You guys are digging deep... or just really missed the point.

Quoted from PoBoyPinball:

There is actually a lot of advice in here for Steven and people trying to help him but he doesn’t see it. The www.gameseum.com or .org all people are really are telling you is square that away before someone else does.

That is something I looked into years ago. Both domain names are taken and are being squatted for over 10 years now. Just because a site isn't up, doesn't mean the domain names aren't purchased. It's simply a picture frame without a picture in it, so it looks like it's "down" or "non-existent". There is nothing to square away and all avenues were explored years ago... I'm not clueless. I'm not sure who started the rumor that I was too dumb to register site names, as that'd be silly, and the WHOIS registry tells the story. It's not advice - it's clueless banter and a bunch of guys talking like they know things they do not to try and dig deep to find SOMETHING to complain or laugh about.

#1158 4 years ago

Also, regarding the trademark, it's a federal crime to illegitimately register a mark that you aren't intending to use in good faith, but more importantly since this is clearly not a moral argument: it's also impossible to file for a mark "just because" - within a legal statement of use you must provide pictures upon pictures and a billion different descriptions of a mark being used in commerce, being used under the classes and terms you registered it for, etc... Your $800 investment in trying to troll a trademark would've not gone well whether or not I had it already and beyond. It is far more than just "finders keepers"... it's setup that way to prevent squatting of good marks (i.e. domain names, Pinside usernames). Even on an intent-to-use basis, you have about 6 months before you must submit and pay even more registration fees. It would have never worked and at that price your attorney would have been laughing all the way to the bank... I feel kind of bad for you if he said A) it could be done B) it was like... $800.

#1159 4 years ago

This is priceless.....

#1160 4 years ago

Honestly the most enjoyable part of all of this, albeit hard to choose, was the inter-thread drama of grown men asking for donations to fund their trolling on a thread about them being angry how some kid asked for donations, and then watching Dooskie flake out (and catch flack for being a flake) and telling everybody just to ignore me, as NintenBear or whatever his name is sits in the corner surrounded by crickets as nobody is interested in his pathetic plan either. This place needs its own reality show. I'd subscribe.

You're allowed to stop posting anytime...

Quoted from Dooskie:

And just for the hell of it, I sent my attorney an email this afternoon. I'm having him check first thing in the morning to see of 'Gameseum' is available for trademark. If it isn't, it was worth paying him $60 for 10 minutes of his time. If it is available, Steve, bidding starts at $5,000 for the name. And if you do not own the trademark, my attorney will be contacting you to remove ALL of your signage at your location, along with every single reference to 'Gameseum' on your social media.
    You need to take this very very seriously pal.

Quoted from Dooskie:

'Gameseum' is not currently a registered trademark, and the name is available, at least as of 10 a.m. this morning.

Quoted from Dooskie:

Are there any attorney's here that could donate their time to trademark the name? I'd be happy to pitch in to help with the other expenses involved in doing this. For as funny as it would be to do this I just don't feel like eating $400 per hour to do this on my own.

Quoted from Orko:

Ok, I’m going to throw this out there. I contacted an attorney to trademark Gameseum. All in all it’s $645.00 plus a 200.00fee to the court. If anyone is interested, I’ll submit the paperwork, but I’ll need help with the funds. So if you guys want to create the biggest troll of them all, private message me.

Quoted from Orko:

Well if you guys are interested, I can make it happen. But I would need some donations to make it happen.

Quoted from pacmanretro:

The pricing doesn't sound right, honestly...but I haven't been involved in it for a while.

Quoted from Orko:

I can break it down piece by piece, but at this point it would be a waste of time since no one wants to crowd finance it. So I’m out then.

Quoted from Dooskie:

So you've had this posted for about an hour, and you're already 'out'? Makes me wonder......

Quoted from Orko:

I jumped ship since no one seemed to be interested in doing it? So that’s why. I’m not going to go all in if nobody has got my back. Then I’m the one losing my money and am really got trolled. Likewise, if anyone else is interested, go for it.

Quoted from tslayer71:

To Dooskie: Kinda like you bringing it up in the first place, and then doing nothing huh?

[5 minutes later...]

Quoted from Dooskie:

Don't acknowledge him or his Gameseum. Let him swim or sink on his own.

God, I'm ROFLing. That complete 360 flake out at the end just puts the cherry on the top of this sitcom episode - the sign of a defeated Dooskie. His attorney probably finally told him how much of a complete idiot he was being because he felt bad this guy was paying by the hour, or maybe he just realized he was defeated. Looks like this shitshow is starting to crack at the seams.
    giphy (resized).pnggiphy (resized).png

#1161 4 years ago
    Quoted from Dooskie:

My attorney will be contacting you to remove ALL of your signage at your location, along with every single reference to 'Gameseum' on your social media.

I call this one "Grandpa tries to understand the United States Patent Trademark Office and act tough with threats while his attorney overcharges him by thousands and offers terrible, completely wrong advice about how trademarks and trademark applications work while probably laughing at this guy as he drives to the bank". Have you figured out AOL yet, or still working on it?

Quoted from Dooskie:

I'm getting this framed.

#1162 4 years ago

Dude, if you have all this free time, why not use it constructively and learn which way to turn a leg bolt or which key reverses fraudulent GoFundMe transactions?

#1163 4 years ago
    Quoted from yzfguy:

Dude, if you have all this free time, why not use it constructively and learn which way to turn a leg bolt or which key reverses fraudulent GoFundMe transactions?

If you want to talk about free time we should probably look at why this thread about nothing all that exciting is 24 pages long from grown men with families and careers... must be a sad life to use all that little free time bantering on the entire about some guy who's just laughing at you because of how ridiculous this all is. I'm just enjoying the ride after close. It's so disconnected from how things actually are, no reason to not indulge like it's a Kardashian fake reality show. It's at the good part where all the people who previously were on the same side are starting to throw jabs at each other and it all falls apart. Maybe we'll get lucky and get some more Dooskie vs. NintenBear content by tomorrow. It's been a little slow today on this thread.

#1164 4 years ago

Are you guys remembering to eat, and getting some fresh air and some sun, and all that? Just figured I'd check on ya. It seems a little obsessive in here to say the least.

379ioy (resized).jpg379ioy (resized).jpg

#1165 4 years ago

Damn it. If I upvote a few posts can I get some more downvotes added to my "ration"?

IMG_5391 (resized).PNGIMG_5391 (resized).PNG
    #1166 4 years ago

See the owner of Gameseum picture time

Pic 1
    D1712F90-B204-48E6-BB11-4D5D38DB1511 (resized).jpegD1712F90-B204-48E6-BB11-4D5D38DB1511 (resized).jpeg

#1167 4 years ago

Pic 2

ED29D21D-A75B-4DCA-B2B5-7FAEF76B9D38 (resized).jpegED29D21D-A75B-4DCA-B2B5-7FAEF76B9D38 (resized).jpeg
    #1168 4 years ago

Pic 3

62AA9A82-CF0D-478C-9864-D9095B3B4CF3 (resized).jpeg62AA9A82-CF0D-478C-9864-D9095B3B4CF3 (resized).jpeg
    #1169 4 years ago

Sometimes forum threads are like the movie War Games.

DKmDY0ZVAAANVG3 (resized).jpgDKmDY0ZVAAANVG3 (resized).jpg
    #1170 4 years ago
    Quoted from Otaku:

Also, regarding the trademark, it's a federal crime to illegitimately register a mark that you aren't intending to use in good faith, but more importantly since this is clearly not a moral argument: it's also impossible to file for a mark "just because" - within a legal statement of use you must provide pictures upon pictures and a billion different descriptions of a mark being used in commerce, being used under the classes and terms you registered it for, etc... Your $800 investment in trying to troll a trademark would've not gone well whether or not I had it already and beyond. It is far more than just "finders keepers"... it's setup that way to prevent squatting of good marks (i.e. domain names, Pinside usernames). Even on an intent-to-use basis, you have about 6 months before you must submit and pay even more registration fees. It would have never worked and at that price your attorney would have been laughing all the way to the bank... I feel kind of bad for you if he said A) it could be done B) it was like... $800.

There are too many all over the place things in this to even begin...but it's, well...an interesting view from a very small window let's just say.

#1171 4 years ago

I think Steven is partaking in a bit of wishful projection by making shitty comments about the wives of pinsiders. We all know that he has nothing to worry about when it comes to someone trying to steal his woman away.

#1172 4 years ago
    Quoted from Dooskie:

In spite of all the horrible, nasty things you have said about Pinside, and the people on Pinside, I've seen a bunch of posts on here saying they hope you are successful. There have even been a few that have said they would come down and help you with your machines. You might consider taking a step back and thinking about that.
    You've mentioned several times that you're 'only a kid.' If you could find a way to check a little bit of your ego at the door, maybe be a little bit humble.....these guys are pretty forgiving and could really give you a hand in making your venture a success. And I'm pretty sure all it would cost you is saying 'thank you,' a 6-pack and a pizza, and you'd gain a ton of new friends, and a whole lot of respect.
    Just my .02 (actually, I think my $20 towards your sump pump a couple of years ago gives me a little latitude).

Quoted from Dooskie:

When you're 21 you know everything, and everyone else is an idiot. As an assistant golf professional when I was 22 through 25 years old, there wasn't anything you could tell me. My first job as a head professional, same thing. I look back on that now and just shake my head. Fortunately people liked me, a couple of successful business people and long-time golf professionals spent some time with me, and they were a big help. Fortunately I was smart enough to listen.
    The same thing with happen with Steven. Hopefully he'll connect with someone that he respects, he'll realize that he has two ears and one mouth for a reason, and he'll look back on all of this and (possibly) wish he'd gone about things a little differently. He may or may not realize the opportunity that was knocking at his door with this great group of guys with all of this knowledge on Pinside.

Quoted from Dooskie:

Not defending this kid at all. However, 'lying' is a pretty harsh description. 'Fluffing' might be a better term, and every single business does it.

Quoted from Dooskie:

So again, not defending this kid. And it goes without saying that he's made (and continues to make) a ton of mistakes and bad decisions.
    But.....
    He does have his place open. And while I know there are a couple of you guys that have pinball halls, and have fantastic collections, how many of you have (or can say you have) gotten this far along? It's easy to sit back and pile on, but what was it that Teddy Roosevelt said in his 'arena' speech?
    "It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat."
    Kudo's for that Steven. Hope you can figure a few other things out without getting beat up too bad along the way. And I have no doubt that in 20 years or so, you'll look back at everything you've done the past three years and wonder what the heck you were thinking.

Hey Steven, you're 100% right with every single thing you've said about me. And you know, I've never posted anything nice about you, never tried to pass along what little bit I may have learned throughout my life, never wished you to be successful, and have never stuck up for you on Pinside (and you're right again, you never asked me to). Yeah, some silly things do get posted on this site, and I've posted my share. With me, it's just giving my brain a 10 minute break here and there from what I do for a living. Good luck with your venture. Vos erant 'iens ut postulo.

#1173 4 years ago

you keep posting but you never answer anyones questions.

what is it about your place that makes it a museum? what kind of attractions are there? any rare artifacts? just curious

#1174 4 years ago

Why do you think it’s appropriate to takes shots at people’s wives?

Why do ignore calls for you to refund the money people donated to help you, which you apparently did not spend for the designated “cause”?

#1175 4 years ago
    Quoted from InfiniteLives:

you keep posting but you never answer anyones questions.
    what is it about your place that makes it a museum? what kind of attractions are there? any rare artifacts? just curious

I'm sure there's some form of tax benefit...

#1176 4 years ago

Yuk it up Cha-Ka. It may not be today or tomorrow, but I can't wait until karma catches up with you....

#1177 4 years ago

Steven,
    Here is what I would love to read from you:

1) Your experiences, growing pains and what you have learned from opening an arcade.
    2) Your business model and thoughts on adapting it as you grow.
    3) Ideas for growth as you get a better idea of customers needs, habits and expectations.
    4) Reasons why you feel Pinsiders/hobbyists/locals should come to experience the arcade.

Can't help but think many of us would enjoy reading that, and it may remove some of the negativity ever present in this thread.

Thanks,
    Jim

#1178 4 years ago
    Quoted from Flowst:

Steven,
    Here is what I would love to read from you:
    1) Your experiences, growing pains and what you have learned from opening an arcade.
    2) Your business model and thoughts on adapting it as you grow.
    3) Ideas for growth as you get a better idea of customers needs, habits and expectations.
    4) Reasons why you feel Pinsiders/hobbyists/locals should come to experience the arcade.
    Can't help but think many of us would enjoy reading that, and it may remove some of the negativity ever present in this thread.
    Thanks,
    Jim

See, I can't agree with that. I agree with good to be reflecting on those points....but I can NOT agree that there are many people here that want to read an incoherent, 10 paragraph, it's not my fault, run on sentence....just sayin.

#1179 4 years ago
    0339887D-5EF9-4169-9FA8-87D744E2EF0A (resized).jpeg0339887D-5EF9-4169-9FA8-87D744E2EF0A (resized).jpeg
    #1180 4 years ago

Is "gameseum" an open Tm, state, or federal?

Just curious...

#1181 4 years ago
    Quoted from pacmanretro:

Is "gameseum" an open Tm, state, or federal?
    Just curious...

Why?

#1182 4 years ago

Just a general curiosity while we were on subject of that sort of thing. Never mind, wasn't of any inportance specifically.

#1183 4 years ago

A÷÷

#1184 4 years ago

I saw this today and thought of this thread. Apparently unobtanium.

9311197E-8F65-4A13-94A7-3DCEB43CE51A (resized).jpeg9311197E-8F65-4A13-94A7-3DCEB43CE51A (resized).jpeg
    #1185 4 years ago

It’s like a turd you just can’t flush! Keeps floating back up

#1186 4 years ago

What, no Gameseum news in two days? Has the tide finally turned and it's a roaring success?

#1187 4 years ago
    Quoted from jwilson:

What, no Gameseum news in two days? Has the tide finally turned and it's a roaring success?

If he's as busy as he claims to be I find it hard to believe that he doesn't have pictures of this place packed wall to wall from the weekend. He would definitely post them to show off so I can't take any of his comments about his success seriously. A picture is worth a thousand words and would likely shut up the mob. That or paying everyone back the money that you stole from them.

#1188 4 years ago
    Quoted from Ericc123:

That or paying everyone back the money that you stole from them.

It was the finest, rarest, bestest theft of funds ever.....

#1189 4 years ago

Yeah....hype is SO played out that it isn't even worth making fun of the narcissistic delusional lies any longer.........

The exaggeration WAY beyond business hyping has become just plain sad....

When I see actual pics on here of a "busy" business; Along with the pics of over a hundred games, museum collection pieces, and an atmosphere so much better than the arcades of the day (as the claims have been), I will be sure to continue posting how I feel about it.

Until then, I think there isn't much else to bother saying...

#1190 4 years ago

I’m not really in to popcorn but I love pistachios.

#1191 4 years ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:

I’m not really in to popcorn but I love pistachios.

Miss the 'xyz does it xxx style' commecials

#1192 4 years ago

Snoop Dogg does it habitually

abc_pistachios_ad_130203_wg (resized).jpgabc_pistachios_ad_130203_wg (resized).jpgimages-1 (resized).jpegimages-1 (resized).jpegsnoop-1 (resized).jpgsnoop-1 (resized).jpg
    #1193 4 years ago

Never know what direction this thread will take.

#1194 4 years ago

I think there was animal abuse??

#1195 4 years ago
    Quoted from chad:

I think there was animal abuse??

FIRST of all! It is rude to spit...

SECOND, that is NOT the pistachio way!

#1196 4 years ago

He posted this pic yesterday. He could probably get a lot more games in if he moved/got rid of that poverty console gaming table.

Gameseum (resized).jpgGameseum (resized).jpg
    #1197 4 years ago

Wow standing room only! Colder weather may not be good for business. Winter is coming Steven - tick toc.... tick toc....

#1198 4 years ago
    Quoted from tslayer71:

Wow standing room only! Colder weather may not be good for business. Winter is coming Steven - tick toc.... tick toc....

Isn't colder weather GOOD for business?

Seems like places like arcades would do worse in the summer when people are out doing stuff.

#1199 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Isn't colder weather GOOD for business?
    Seems like places like arcades would do worse in the summer when people are out doing stuff.

I would thing people would be less likely to be walking around town, leave the house, but only my opinion....

#1200 4 years ago
    Quoted from tslayer71:

I would thing people would be less likely to be walking around town, leave the house, but only my opinion....

Good point. Nobody leaves the house once the temp drops below 70.

There are 3,944 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 79.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gameseum-gaming-gala-sept-15/page/24?hl=ericc123 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.