Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,944 posts
  • 215 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by robin
  • Topic is favorited by 55 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“When do you expect Gameseum to open for business?”

• Thanksgiving 2018 2 votes
      2%
    • Beginning of 2019 0 votes
    • March 2019 1 vote
      1%
    • April 2019 2 votes
      2%
    • "Summer" 2019 16 votes
      16%
    • It won't, but surely all donated money and machines will be returned. 80 votes
      79%

(101 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

download (resized).png
    Cyberbullying (resized).jpg
    06937ec6de46e466341c1b9b8e283cebbcdf51fc.png.jpg (resized).png
    6c4f86ab8711c7a3f71270bba621c1c51e279831.png.jpg (resized).png
    e87f011d764ae7b096ba18f74f10cc733a16412b.png.jpg (resized).png
    8E28E40B-E58A-4638-B4A0-6A4614B22CAA (resized).jpeg
    0FD16E5B-57B9-4296-9DE7-9CFAC564067C (resized).jpeg
    B46DA714-CFA6-4780-871A-16917769D91C (resized).jpeg
    0F07A909-BD47-42BA-A82F-74FE65890521 (resized).jpeg
    03F1224B-CCEF-44E0-8F49-9A47491F9049 (resized).jpeg
    Colson (resized).jpeg
    B4F28AA5-7D73-4FF3-9A7A-9AB65282D6E2 (resized).jpeg
    CC92318E-53CA-4CD8-B9A2-1E2F73A4E3D0 (resized).jpeg
    307046CF-33FB-4727-AD75-FDA55BA3DF76 (resized).jpeg
    AB72D8C3-B930-409A-89C0-8033C092E7F2 (resized).jpeg
    75E7F39D-2FCE-4D01-8DBE-4CCB47249F4F (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 3,944 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 79.
    #1101 4 years ago

Thread summary:

Otaku: make money by making nice with the pinside community. Lots of people are willing to help you succeed.

Pinside: Otaku has kinda sucked in the past, but let's forget it. He's young and spreading pinball. If he reaches out to the community, all it good.

Sound fair?

#1102 4 years ago
    Quoted from Otaku:

Not really. It wasn't that exciting. I really don't care to rile anybody up - just a couple of warnings.

You'll never know about them. You're ignoring the thread.

#1103 4 years ago

Visited “The Pinball Lounge” in Oviedo Fl today. Really liked playing the new games. “Beatles” was my favorite.

#1104 4 years ago

LmFAo at oldtaco warnings and threats and misspelled legal words etc....

Dude, really....how can you talk SO much shit about pinsiders/klovers after all the help, then people respond to it as they would be expected to, then you say you are gone forever multiple times, then you say you don't care, but then you keep jumping back in with more crazy child arrogant threats and unbacked bs???

Man...just learn some humility and stop talking out your A$$....and maybe some day people will be on your side again.

But we have all seen this SO many times....so never mind.

I'm in for a few bucks towards available sites/names/etc now.

#1105 4 years ago

We love you Otaku, keep it coming!

#1106 4 years ago

Expo Shirts will be black with green print.
    Homeless shirts will be white with black print.

#1107 4 years ago
    Quoted from Parzival:

Thread summary:
    Otaku: make money by making nice with the pinside community. Lots of people are willing to help you succeed.
    Pinside: Otaku has kinda sucked in the past, but let's forget it. He's young and spreading pinball. If he reaches out to the community, all it good.
    Sound fair?

For years I've already been off of the site. Believe me, there's no active argument from my end... and any threads about me/my personal business, be it bad OR good, have been made by others, despite how many people like to act like I'm somehow shoving it in their face - I haven't been an active member in years and have never promoted on Pinside. I throw a bit of truth in here or there as needed, but other than that the fire is burning due to others, whether it be new threads, or replies. I've come to realize it's a lot of lonely people with a lot of time on their hands, and sometimes it becomes obsessive. While I mean only this thread, I think that goes for this whole site - and how people can bask in such negativity on 100 page threads about dimpled playfields mixed with death threats, yet you can tell they love the hate and drama. It's all very bleak. It's an atmosphere that for some reason really harbors this activity unfortunately, and with sub-par moderation a select few users run the site more than the mods do. Anywhere else on the web this thread would've been closed 90 pages ago... not to mention the hundreds if not thousands of rules broken, not sure why they even have them. It's a free for all. Why many have left Pinside for other social communities, "normal" social communities.

It started out pitiful but now is definitely getting unsettling and creepy, and it will be a nice relief when it stops - but at the same time, I don't lose sleep over it. It goes away when the browser tab closes and life happily goes on. Whenever the fire stops burning, sounds good to me. Nothing I can do. It's pretty much all lies anyways, and I'm admittedly a lot less dramatic and less interesting to warrant such a hub-bub, but I'm humbled.

The fact of how much a naive 16 year old asking for help with only good intentions can so deeply rattle some really insecure grown men that they continue bantering 3-4 years later is shocking. Drive a lifted truck too?

#1108 4 years ago
    Quoted from Otaku:

For years I've already been off of the site. Believe me, there's no active argument from my end.

#1109 4 years ago
    Quoted from Otaku:

For years I've already been off of the site. Believe me, there's no active argument from my end... and any threads about me/my personal business, be it bad OR good, have been made by others, despite how many people like to act like I'm somehow shoving it in their face - I haven't been an active member in years and have never promoted on Pinside. I throw a bit of truth in here or there as needed, but other than that the fire is burning due to others, whether it be new threads, or replies. I've come to realize it's a lot of lonely people with a lot of time on their hands, and sometimes it becomes obsessive. While I mean only this thread, I think that goes for this whole site - and how people can bask in such negativity on 100 page threads aboiut dimpled playfields mixed with death threats. It's an atmosphere that for some reason really harbors this activity unfortunately, and with sub-par moderation a select few users run the site more than the mods do.
    It started out pitiful but now is definitely getting unsettling and creepy, and it will be a nice relief when it stops - but at the same time, I don't lose sleep over it. It goes away when the browser tab closes and life happily goes on. Whenever the fire stops burning, sounds good to me. Nothing I can do. It's pretty much all lies anyways, and I'm admittedly a lot less dramatic and less interesting to warrant such a hub-bub, but I'm humbled.

Where you able to get rid of the stink?

#1110 4 years ago

Man this thread is like Dominos.
    Log off and 45 minutes later it delivers.

#1111 4 years ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:

Visited “The Pinball Lounge” in Oviedo Fl today. Really liked playing the new games. “Beatles” was my favorite.

I was there today myself did we see each other ?

#1112 4 years ago
    Quoted from Otaku:

For years I've already been off of the site. Believe me, there's no active argument from my end... and any threads about me/my personal business, be it bad OR good, have been made by others, despite how many people like to act like I'm somehow shoving it in their face - I haven't been an active member in years and have never promoted on Pinside. I throw a bit of truth in here or there as needed, but other than that the fire is burning due to others, whether it be new threads, or replies. I've come to realize it's a lot of lonely people with a lot of time on their hands, and sometimes it becomes obsessive. While I mean only this thread, I think that goes for this whole site - and how people can bask in such negativity on 100 page threads about dimpled playfields mixed with death threats, yet you can tell they love the hate and drama. It's all very bleak. It's an atmosphere that for some reason really harbors this activity unfortunately, and with sub-par moderation a select few users run the site more than the mods do. Anywhere else on the web this thread would've been closed 90 pages ago... not to mention the hundreds if not thousands of rules broken, not sure why they even have them. It's a free for all. Why many have left Pinside for other social communities, "normal" social communities.

You steal from people and lie to others, but you're humbled. Makes sense to everyone.

#1113 4 years ago
    Quoted from TecumsehPlissken:

I was there today myself did we see each other ?

Was there around 10 and left around noon. Didn’t really talk to anyone.

#1114 4 years ago
    Quoted from Spencer:

You steal from people and lie to others, but you're humbled. Makes sense to everyone.

Probably THOUSANDS of rules broken

#1115 4 years ago

Do lifted trucks get all the girls....and wives? Asking for a friend...

#1116 4 years ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:

Where you able to get rid of the stink?

Come on now, Jody wasn't that bad.

#1117 4 years ago

Played Wizard! Not worthy to be there. Family a Guy and The Beatles were my favorites.

#1118 4 years ago

Dude...Just address the GoFundMe basement flooding scam....errrr...I mean request... and much of this ill will might go away.

#1119 4 years ago

Who’s Jody?

#1120 4 years ago

His fiancée

#1121 4 years ago

PinRob's wife. Rank.

#1122 4 years ago
    Quoted from Dooskie:

So you've had this posted for about an hour, and you're already 'out'? Makes me wonder......

Kinda like you bringing it up in the first place, and then doing nothing huh?

#1123 4 years ago
    Quoted from Otaku:

PinRob's wife. Rank.

Another super classy comment from the pathetic loser that is Steven.

#1124 4 years ago
    Quoted from Orko:

I jumped ship since no one seemed to be interested in doing it? So that’s why. I’m not going to go all in if nobody has got my back. Then I’m the one losing my money and am really got trolled. Likewise, if anyone else is interested, go for it.

Id be in for $50....

#1125 4 years ago

When is Gameseum going to get a new pinball game? Why acquire the old stuff when you can get the new stuff?

#1126 4 years ago

I'm, frankly, personally amazed that he has enough time to spare on a Saturday night to even respond on here while raking in the thousands.

#1127 4 years ago
    Quoted from pacmanretro:

I'm, frankly, personally amazed that he has enough time to spare on a Saturday night to even respond on here while raking in the thousands.

Just enjoying the view. Too busy to work on games on weekends... just isn't room for it with all the people all day, and you don't want to get in their way. Any operator will tell you the same. So I've been enjoying the view and watching dinner and a movie... err, popcorn and Pinside

#1128 4 years ago
    Quoted from Otaku:

Just enjoying the view. Too busy to work on games on weekends... just isn't room for it with all the people all day, and you don't want to get in their way. Any operator will tell you the same. So I've been enjoying the view and watching dinner and a movie... err, popcorn and Pinside

Great to see you’re posting. Keep it up!

#1129 4 years ago
    Quoted from Otaku:

Post pics.

#1130 4 years ago
    Quoted from pacmanretro:

LmFAo at oldtaco warnings and threats and misspelled legal words etc....
    Dude, really....how can you talk SO much shit about pinsiders/klovers after all the help, then people respond to it as they would be expected to, then you say you are gone forever multiple times, then you say you don't care, but then you keep jumping back in with more crazy child arrogant threats and unbacked bs???
    Man...just learn some humility and stop talking out your A$$....and maybe some day people will be on your side again.

Why? The formula works for building pinball podcasts apparently

#1131 4 years ago
    Quoted from Otaku:

Just enjoying the view. Too busy to work on games on weekends... just isn't room for it with all the people all day, and you don't want to get in their way. Any operator will tell you the same.

Okay, I've been very nice, but don't start claiming you know what other operators do.

A real operator when a game goes down fixes it. Otherwise, the game isn't earning money. Period.

Crappy operators may not prioritize their games because they aren't worried.

I've worked for and with multiple operators. The garbage ones took that view. My favorite line from one was why bother fixing the pins, they earn as much broken as they do fixed. I wasn't in a position to argue. The good ones fix their games.

The bad ones went out of business.

#1132 4 years ago

Haha wowzers....this dude is something else. Definitely never disappoints...

“I’ve totally grown up and could care less because I’m making so much money and you pathetic losers need to get a life, I’m simply too mature for this and won’t be dragged down by you sad knuckledraggers”

10 minutes later:

“Blah blah blah Jody was with your wife”
    -FYI, Jody is a blanket name for the guy a woman cheats with.

This isn’t the first time he’s gone after people’s wive’s...clearly is projecting some traumatic experience that happened to him, and it says a lot about his insecurities.

The craziest thing to me though, is the actual certifiable levels of narcissism in his posts. His ridiculous empty threats, the over the top lies and half truths, and insanely stupid attacks on others just proves he does not, and will not ever get it. People aren’t here because they actually care about him or his arcade, we’re here because it’s like watching a car accident in slow motion. The carnage is just too crazy not too watch.

I’m sure when I was his age I made some terrible decisions, but I also had humility to know when people tried to help me, to get out of my own way. The people that have still offered to help him... I absolutely commend you, and it’s definitely been multiple people in this thread alone. Thankfully he knows everything and doesn’t need anyone’s help, which just means this thread will continue It’s incredibly destructive and almost comical level of insanity.

It’s been great entertainment so far, and clearly this guy doesn’t disappoint. Carry on!

#1133 4 years ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:

Alright! Otaku has thrown a log onto the fire. Thanks!

7BF26ABD-80EE-4130-A721-AE83C3EC862E (resized).jpeg7BF26ABD-80EE-4130-A721-AE83C3EC862E (resized).jpeg
    #1134 4 years ago

There is actually a lot of advice in here for Steven and people trying to help him but he doesn’t see it. The www.gameseum.com or .org all people are really are telling you is square that away before someone else does. The sweet pants thing and appearance, you are now a business owner how you and your partner look reflects on how people see your business. No one is telling you to buy a 3 piece suit they are simply saying put on some cargo pants or shorts and comb your hair. If you two look nice people won’t necessarily notice or remember that, but if you two don’t they will. The same goes for your games and your space you want to leave a good impression to keep them coming back.

My one thing I would suggest is the word humble look it up. Try to understand what it means. Yes there are times in life you will need to stand up for your self and that’s fine. But not everything should be a battle and not everything is someone else fault.

This is your business do with it as you please you will make it successful or fail.

#1135 4 years ago

Edit: On second thought, never mind. You'll never get it. You've already burned bridges with the Pinside community.

Funny how you loved Pinside when you were begging for money.

#1136 4 years ago

I’ve yet to see one picture of the place “packed”..kinda odd.

#1137 4 years ago
    Quoted from PoBoyPinball:

There is actually a lot of advice in here for Steven and people trying to help him but he doesn’t see it. The www.gameseum.com or .org all people are really are telling you is square that away before someone else does. The sweet pants thing and appearance, you are now a business owner how you and your partner look reflects on how people see your business. No one is telling you to buy a 3 piece suit they are simply saying put on some cargo pants or shorts and comb your hair. If you two look nice people won’t necessarily notice or remember that, but if you two don’t they will. The same goes for your games and your space you want to leave a good impression to keep them coming back.
    My one thing I would suggest is the word humble look it up. Try to understand what it means. Yes there are times in life you will need to stand up for your self and that’s fine. But not everything should be a battle and not everything is someone else fault.
    This is your business do with it as you please you will make it successful or fail.

In spite of everything that Steve has said and done to the folks here on Pinside, people still offer to help him, and all he continues to do is tell them to piss off. Read through all of the comments on this thread alone. What everyone should consider doing is to just ignore him. Don't acknowledge him or his Gameseum. Let him swim or sink on his own. And if he ever does come crawling back, which I wouldn't put past him (especially if he has a pipe break in his building), everyone can collectively tell him to piss off.

#1138 4 years ago

Just stop helping the kid and offering advice. He clearly wants to live on a lonely island. Let him do it. Stop answering him on Facebook and here when he has a question.

He wants the white horse, time to ride it.

#1139 4 years ago
    Quoted from Otaku:

Too busy to work on games on weekends... just isn't room for it with all the people all day, and you don't want to get in their way. Any operator will tell you the same.

That's a good one there....'I like that, I think I'll leave it up for all to enjoy'.

Boy! If I had a buck for every time I walked in to repair a game on the floor and it pissed off customers....ohh wait, I'd be broke.

Bar, restaurant, fun center, game room, etc....most customers always seem happy you are fixing something so they can play it, or even more so, they are curious about what you are doing (which admittedly can be a bit much if it is a packed bar of drunks or something). But they are almost always happy they can start playing again and rarely do they not give you a little space if you need and ask nicely for it.

A large helpful suggestion would be to.....ohh never mind...

#1140 4 years ago
    Quoted from Otaku:

Drive a lifted truck too?

Is there a problem with that?

You DO realize you're in Ephrata, right? Half your clientele probably drives lifted trucks.

#1141 4 years ago
    Quoted from GWalton:

Is there a problem with that?
    You DO realize you're in Ephrata, right? Half your clientele probably drives lifted trucks.

Not clientele anymore if they read this stuff he posts

#1142 4 years ago
    Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Just stop helping the kid and offering advice. He clearly wants to live on a lonely island. Let him do it. Stop answering him on Facebook and here when he has a question.
    He wants the white horse, time to ride it.

Quoted from Dooskie:

What everyone should consider doing is to just ignore him. Don't acknowledge him or his Gameseum.

I agree. That’s what I chose to do a few pages ago after my long rant. Every time we type the name of his shitcade we up the search engine results.

#1143 4 years ago
    Quoted from pacmanretro:

Not clientele anymore if they read this stuff he posts

Trust me, they're not reading this thread. They are the type that are completed enchanted with these games that they didnt know still existed. They arent hobbyists and have no clue that theres been a thriving arcade community for decades.

The truck comment rubbed me the wrong way because it shows a definite sense of elitism. It was bad enough seeing the narcissism and condescension in every Facebook post, now I see that there are some real insecurities going on here.

#1144 4 years ago

He did get me that “Jody” comment. Didn’t know what that meant.

#1145 4 years ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:

Just a nasty shot at another pinsiders wife. I mean why attack someone who never did anything to him? Im sure shes a nice lady, whats the point in attacking her?

#1146 4 years ago
    Quoted from Otaku:

If you really had the stomach condition you claimed to have that kept you from any kind of employment back when you were begging for money for sump pumps and dehumidifiers not too long ago then you definately wouldn’t be able to eat popcorn.
    Serious question... other than unlocking the front door and turning on the lights /games each day,does putting on wristbands and taking cash from a few customers really fill out a 10 hour day?
    It would seem to be the perfect time to repair/restore games.

#1147 4 years ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:

Jody is another Lancaster county pinsider who has been critical of how the GoFundMe money has been spent.
    Just more lashing out randomly, because we are all in cahoots even though we live vast distances from each other.

#1148 4 years ago

Tim Arnold isn't the poster boy of being dressed like a businessman, but at least the hair isn't all over the place and he has sense enough to wear a polo and something other than sweatpants or sweatshorts. You don't have to try too hard to be presentable. Tim does his own thing, and he's done it well enough and long enough that he can run the place respectably enough to do just fine. But Steve isn't Tim Arnold, and he's possibly in for some doses of hard reality if he's not careful.

My last comments and observations. I don't wish anything bad on Steve. Good luck with your venture.

10902172_web1_PINBALL-APR21-16_004 (resized).jpg10902172_web1_PINBALL-APR21-16_004 (resized).jpg
    #1149 4 years ago
    Quoted from Dooskie:

Tim Arnold isn't the poster boy of being dressed like a businessman, but at least the hair isn't all over the place and he has sense enough to wear a polo and something other than sweatpants or sweatshorts. You don't have to try too hard to be presentable. Tim does his own thing, and he's done it well enough and long enough that he can run the place respectably enough to do just fine. But Steve isn't Tim Arnold, and he's possibly in for some doses of hard reality if he's not careful.
    My last comments and observations. I don't wish anything bad on Steve. Good luck with your venture.[quoted image]

Thats a big ass gumball machine. I want one.

#1150 4 years ago
    Quoted from Dialsoft:

Thats a big ass gumball machine. I want one.

You will have a sore jaw in less than a week!

There are 3,944 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 79.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gameseum-gaming-gala-sept-15/page/23?hl=atari_daze and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.