Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,944 posts
  • 215 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by robin
  • Topic is favorited by 55 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“When do you expect Gameseum to open for business?”

• Thanksgiving 2018 2 votes
      2%
    • Beginning of 2019 0 votes
    • March 2019 1 vote
      1%
    • April 2019 2 votes
      2%
    • "Summer" 2019 16 votes
      16%
    • It won't, but surely all donated money and machines will be returned. 80 votes
      79%

(101 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

download (resized).png
    Cyberbullying (resized).jpg
    06937ec6de46e466341c1b9b8e283cebbcdf51fc.png.jpg (resized).png
    6c4f86ab8711c7a3f71270bba621c1c51e279831.png.jpg (resized).png
    e87f011d764ae7b096ba18f74f10cc733a16412b.png.jpg (resized).png
    8E28E40B-E58A-4638-B4A0-6A4614B22CAA (resized).jpeg
    0FD16E5B-57B9-4296-9DE7-9CFAC564067C (resized).jpeg
    B46DA714-CFA6-4780-871A-16917769D91C (resized).jpeg
    0F07A909-BD47-42BA-A82F-74FE65890521 (resized).jpeg
    03F1224B-CCEF-44E0-8F49-9A47491F9049 (resized).jpeg
    Colson (resized).jpeg
    B4F28AA5-7D73-4FF3-9A7A-9AB65282D6E2 (resized).jpeg
    CC92318E-53CA-4CD8-B9A2-1E2F73A4E3D0 (resized).jpeg
    307046CF-33FB-4727-AD75-FDA55BA3DF76 (resized).jpeg
    AB72D8C3-B930-409A-89C0-8033C092E7F2 (resized).jpeg
    75E7F39D-2FCE-4D01-8DBE-4CCB47249F4F (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 3,944 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 79.
    #1051 4 years ago
    Quoted from easye9901:

The first time I went to Round 1 in Exton, I told the one lady at the counter, that they should get some pinball machines here.
    The lady replied "I don't think they make pinball machines anymore sir, but there is a pinball art gallery down the road in Malvern".
    I walked out and was laughing the whole way to my car

I'll make sure I add that to my rounds. I try to stop in places like that and ask about pinball, just so they keep having to say no. My wife hates it but I try to drag the whole family in and then sadly walk out.

There's a bowling alley in Peenixville* that pulled their pins a couple years ago, I still go in and ask now and then.

* - read the police logs, they're hysterical

#1052 4 years ago
    Quoted from emkay:

I'll make sure I add that to my rounds. I try to stop in places like that and ask about pinball, just so they keep having to say no. My wife hates it but I try to drag the whole family in and then sadly walk out.
    There's a bowling alley in Peenixville* that pulled their pins a couple years ago, I still go in and ask now and then.
    * - read the police logs, they're hysterical

Lol, I do something way more pointless....my local italian restaurant/pizza place doesnt have onion rings. They are a full restaurant, bar, pizza place etc with large menu and every other bar appetizer etc....but no onion rings.

So every time I stop in or call, I ask if they have onion rings.

A couple months ago, I placed an order of 2 pizzas, pop, wings, mushrooms, etc for people coming over. Then I asked for onion rings. They said no, so I cancelled order and called next place.

Didn't seem to make a difference, but I like the ideology of it working for pinball

#1053 4 years ago

How many of those 1,800 people will actually return?

#1054 4 years ago
    Quoted from pinlink:

Maybe they should keep repairing and have a Grandester+++ opening soon to attract them back?

#1055 4 years ago
    Quoted from pinlink:

I'm sure he got the curiosity seekers and some that wanted their nostalgia fix.

I don't have any classic arcades in my area. If there was one, what would make me a repeat customer is
    #1 the machines have to be in good working order
    #2 the machines on the floor rotated fairly often so the lineup isn't the same old for months on end
    #3 give me something rare or something that is difficult to emulate at home (for example Environmental Discs Of Tron or an old b/w arcade game from the 70s)
    #4 good food and beer helps

I think Steven could stand to make a trip out to Pinball Gallery and take some notes.

#1056 4 years ago
    Quoted from VectorGamer:

I spent a lot of time as a kid playing the Atari 2600 at that Sears. When this place opens and I go it'll be a trip seeing another establishment there.
    Any another details on this?

Anyone remember the Sears private labeled Atari video game system branded Tele-Games?

#1057 4 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

Anyone remember the Sears private labeled Atari video game system branded Tele-Games?

I remember them well.

#1058 4 years ago
    Quoted from tslayer71:

Ouch - that sucks Steven. Don't worry I have a name for ya. You can just call it 'The Shitty Arcade'.
    Welcome to the dark side Dooskie

“Shitcadia” LOL

#1059 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Please Steven. Get some pants. I've already offered to buy them for you. Do it for yourself. Do it for your business. Do it for all of us.

Hey what not start a gofundme account ?

Bwahahahahahaha

#1060 4 years ago

After reading some of the recent comments on his posts it appears the tied is already turning a little bit. One person said the prices were insane and that’s why he made a new post about how much .25 equals today to try and justify his pricing.

One person with commenting about how the place doesn’t feel like an arcade is someone who I saw post regularly about how excited he was for the place to open and how he was going to go all the time. My guess is he will do about 1000 passes this month of the remaining people who haven’t filtered through yet and then it will start to fall off a cliff as far as entrees.

367727AB-E8DF-45E0-9F87-A9935DA0375A (resized).png367727AB-E8DF-45E0-9F87-A9935DA0375A (resized).png48B0B7E1-8ACD-40D7-A83D-960E2ED91FC9 (resized).jpeg48B0B7E1-8ACD-40D7-A83D-960E2ED91FC9 (resized).jpeg506596CB-BA14-49B5-8D89-D6FA4F484AEA (resized).jpeg506596CB-BA14-49B5-8D89-D6FA4F484AEA (resized).jpeg
    #1061 4 years ago

Also didn’t take him long to start running emulation in a cabinet and try to pass it off as amazing.
    3F325733-52B1-41B7-9564-EA11433CDB2A (resized).png3F325733-52B1-41B7-9564-EA11433CDB2A (resized).pngE77FA1B1-D2D6-4BA9-911C-3547C7BC2940 (resized).pngE77FA1B1-D2D6-4BA9-911C-3547C7BC2940 (resized).png

#1062 4 years ago

As much as I don’t care for modern games, you have to mix it up with some of that stuff and offer variety.
    People love things like linked drivers and modern shooting games.
    Right now is a really good time to be buying that sort of thing.
    They are big enough that they are not all that sought after by the home collector market if no other reason because of space and are at an age where they are not yet classics.
    Many of the modern drivers, shooters and sit down environmental game can be bought relatively cheap at auction and do really well. People love this sort of stuff.

#1063 4 years ago

$7 for a half hour? Hell I can play well over a half hour on one quarter on asteroids.

I know some around here can play the newer pins well over a half hour on one credit. So $1 somewhere else or $7?

#1064 4 years ago
    Quoted from Travish:

$7 for a half hour? Hell I can play well over a half hour on one quarter on asteroids.
    I know some around here can play the newer pins well over a half hour on one credit. So $1 somewhere else or $7?

Agreed! Me and a buddy put 2 bucks in a Munsters last night and ended up playing well over an hour on the credits we earned.

#1065 4 years ago

$2 for 3 plays on new pins here, usually I can pick up one additional play by match or high score. So easily $2 for 30 min on NEW machines.

#1066 4 years ago

I was pondering going this weekend just to walk around and see what its like (since I'm so close). Not really trying to go if there is mold, anyone notice a smell walking in?

Screenshot_20190802-152008_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190802-152008_Chrome (resized).jpg
    #1067 4 years ago
    Quoted from Dr-Willy:

One person said the prices were insane and that’s why he made a new post about how much .25 equals today to try and justify his pricing.

A secret if most pay one price arcades is you do pay far more to enter than you would in the machines. At a quarter per play, and an average of 3 minutes a game, a person would need to play for 5 hours straight just to break even at $25 / head.

At $10 / hour, your games need to be 90 seconds or less to break even.

Successful places leverage total machine, rarity, popularity, or whatever else to help justify the cost.

Having said all of that, people will definitely complain about the price no matter what. A lesson for anyone running an arcade is there is a set of people who will believe at all times that it is too expensive and too crowded, often at the same time.

#1068 4 years ago

At work we don't say 3 words in front of anybody.

Mold
    Lead
    Asbestos

#1069 4 years ago
    Quoted from Travish:

At work we don't say 3 words in front of anybody.
    Mold
    Lead
    Asbestos

I’ll add a fourth: Cockroaches

#1070 4 years ago
    Quoted from Travish:

At the local bar I play at it's $1 per play for pinball. On non-league nights I won't spend more than $5 on pinball for the night. Usually I'm there just to drink beer and socialize. Last night I spent $4 on pinball although I was only there for maybe 1-1/2 hours. Got a few replays and matches.

#1071 4 years ago

Game Galaxy in Tennessee has 130 pins and hundreds of arcades for play on an entrance fee/free play model and its $10 for the whole day... They also have a console section with all sorts of stuff. classic pins all the way to they had the new black knight, willy wonka and jjp pirates.

#1072 4 years ago

Well, there it is. You were wondering why Museum is in the name...that musty Museum smell..no extra charge.

#1073 4 years ago

I guess a non-working Team One wasn’t the best choice for a de-humidifier.

#1074 4 years ago
    Quoted from easye9901:

I was pondering going this weekend just to walk around and see what its like (since I'm so close). Not really trying to go if there is mold, anyone notice a smell walking in?[quoted image]

Didn't see this review yet. If it sticks around long enough, I'm curious what people have to say.

I'm honestly kinda surprised since it is all so new inside that it would be like that.

In fairness, maybe it is just old game smell???

Mildew/mold....no beuno!
    Old game smell...muy beuno!

#1075 4 years ago
    Quoted from easye9901:

I was pondering going this weekend just to walk around and see what its like (since I'm so close). Not really trying to go if there is mold, anyone notice a smell walking in?[quoted image]

As with every bad review, the reply is this is not their fault and due to unique circumstances.

#1076 4 years ago
    Quoted from pacmanretro:

Didn't see this review yet. If it sticks around long enough, I'm curious what people have to say.

It's a Google review, so it's there, along with his response.

Quoted from GWalton:

As with every bad review, the reply is this is not their fault and due to unique circumstances.

That's a Bingo!

#1077 4 years ago

Looks like they dragged in some fresh dumpster games and had nowhere else to put them but on their game room floor to let the customers smell. Otaku even admits they stunk. Nonetheless, an unfair review.

#1078 4 years ago

Literally every bad review they say we sorry your feeling this way but this isn’t our fault. Such bull. It’s your business, own the faults with it and make it better.

#1079 4 years ago

Gameseam - one man's trash is another man's gameseam or gameseam - dumpster diving since 2019

#1080 4 years ago
    Quoted from midniight:

Gameseam - one man's trash is another man's gameseam or gameseam - dumpster diving since 2019

Nice effort.

#1081 4 years ago

ooh that smell, can’t you smell that smell?
    B49F4451-BB18-4A8A-B8B4-F2510EF4584E (resized).jpegB49F4451-BB18-4A8A-B8B4-F2510EF4584E (resized).jpeg

#1082 4 years ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:

[quoted image]

Dear customer...thank you for your honest review. Sorry I dumpster dive and place in my business instead of storage or garage or grandma's basement.....please accept a full day pass free of charge from us, and we hope that you will be able to leave an appropriate review of your next visit as well.

Thank you for your patronage.

Ohh wait....

#1083 4 years ago

Ok, I’m going to throw this out there. I contacted an attorney to trademark Gameseum. All in all it’s $645.00 plus a 200.00fee to the court. If anyone is interested, I’ll submit the paperwork, but I’ll need help with the funds. So if you guys want to create the biggest troll of them all, private message me.

#1084 4 years ago
    Quoted from Orko:

Ok, I’m going to throw this out there. I contacted an attorney to trademark Gameseum. All in all it’s $645.00 plus a 200.00fee to the court. If anyone is interested, I’ll submit the paperwork, but I’ll need help with the funds. So if you guys want to create the biggest troll of them all, private message me.

It doesn’t cost that much, I pretty sure. He’s charging you a fair amount.

#1085 4 years ago

GameZeum is a better name. No confusion there.

#1086 4 years ago

I like how he both explains and throws another business under the bus at the same time. I guess shifting blame only works if you name another party.

#1087 4 years ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:

[quoted image]

"I'll let 'the staff' know........."
    There's a 'staff'?

#1088 4 years ago
    Quoted from albummydavis:

It doesn’t cost that much, I pretty sure. He’s charging you a fair amount.

I’m going through an attorney. If you guys don’t want to help, then I’ll just let it go and not do anything with it.

#1089 4 years ago

It would be an EPIC troll.
    I would probably laugh along if it happened.
    But, for me anyway, it seems like a step away from hamless ridicule toward being actively obnoxoius.
    So, yeah, I'm out. But I can very much see the humor, and incentive, particularly for those who got taken in his begging, or those he's been directly dickish to.

#1090 4 years ago

Well if you guys are interested, I can make it happen. But I would need some donations to make it happen.

#1091 4 years ago

The pricing doesn't sound right, honestly...but I haven't been involved in it for a while.

#1092 4 years ago
    Quoted from pacmanretro:

The pricing doesn't sound right, honestly...but I haven't been involved in it for a while.

I can break it down piece by piece, but at this point it would be a waste of time since no one wants to crowd finance it. So I’m out then.

#1093 4 years ago
    Quoted from Orko:

I can break it down piece by piece, but at this point it would be a waste of time since no one wants to crowd finance it. So I’m out then.

So you've had this posted for about an hour, and you're already 'out'? Makes me wonder......

#1094 4 years ago

On one hand, actively spending that much money to troll someone really proves Steven's point about sophomoric old men.

On the other, if he had to buy his trademark back for the price of, say, a sump pump and dog surgery and other shadily premised donations...

#1095 4 years ago
    Quoted from Orko:

Man, some of you are truly pathetic. And I mean it! Asking for money to "troll" a trademark, and trying to crowdfund it? God, that's the most ironic thing ever, isn't it? Some of you are going from "too much time on their hands" to "obsessive scary". Seriously, take a look at yourself. $845????? And don't you notice other Pinsiders kind of taking a step back from something that utterly stupid while you drudge forward? My word.

Surprised mods didn't shut this thread down yet before legal action is involved towards certain users, certain areas of this discussion are no longer just hateful and harassment but now are treading into odd waters. Hopefully "legal action" means cease and desists and not a restraining order to creepy Mr. "NintenBear" over here.

Anyways, the trademark is revived due to a USPTO system bug and all is well - applications for the mark as closed (and were never open anyways awaiting 2 months to total abandonment), and the statement of use is processed I do have full rights to the mark as if it is completely finished, which I've had since my Notice Of Allowance (NOA) was approved approximately a year ago. Again, tread carefully. Oy vey, some of you are total children - pot calling kettle black is a massive understatement at this point. Leave me alone.

Cropped_image_20190803_201600_8563423541056751656 (resized).pngCropped_image_20190803_201600_8563423541056751656 (resized).png
    #1096 4 years ago

Quoted from Orko:I can break it down piece by piece, but at this point it would be a waste of time since no one wants to crowd finance it. So I’m out then.

Bahahahaha!

#1097 4 years ago

Alright! Otaku has thrown a log onto the fire. Thanks!

#1098 4 years ago

I jumped ship since no one seemed to be interested in doing it? So that’s why. I’m not going to go all in if nobody has got my back. Then I’m the one losing my money and am really got trolled. Likewise, if anyone else is interested, go for it.

#1099 4 years ago

Not really. It wasn't that exciting. I really don't care to rile anybody up - just a couple of warnings.

#1100 4 years ago
    Quoted from Orko:

I jumped ship since no one seemed to be interested in doing it? So that’s why. I’m not going to go all in if nobody has got my back. Then I’m the one losing my money and am really got trolled. Likewise, if anyone else is interested, go for it.

There are 3,944 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 79.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gameseum-gaming-gala-sept-15/page/22?hl=midniight and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.