Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,944 posts
  • 215 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by robin
  • Topic is favorited by 55 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“When do you expect Gameseum to open for business?”

• Thanksgiving 2018 2 votes
      2%
    • Beginning of 2019 0 votes
    • March 2019 1 vote
      1%
    • April 2019 2 votes
      2%
    • "Summer" 2019 16 votes
      16%
    • It won't, but surely all donated money and machines will be returned. 80 votes
      79%

(101 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

download (resized).png
    Cyberbullying (resized).jpg
    06937ec6de46e466341c1b9b8e283cebbcdf51fc.png.jpg (resized).png
    6c4f86ab8711c7a3f71270bba621c1c51e279831.png.jpg (resized).png
    e87f011d764ae7b096ba18f74f10cc733a16412b.png.jpg (resized).png
    8E28E40B-E58A-4638-B4A0-6A4614B22CAA (resized).jpeg
    0FD16E5B-57B9-4296-9DE7-9CFAC564067C (resized).jpeg
    B46DA714-CFA6-4780-871A-16917769D91C (resized).jpeg
    0F07A909-BD47-42BA-A82F-74FE65890521 (resized).jpeg
    03F1224B-CCEF-44E0-8F49-9A47491F9049 (resized).jpeg
    Colson (resized).jpeg
    B4F28AA5-7D73-4FF3-9A7A-9AB65282D6E2 (resized).jpeg
    CC92318E-53CA-4CD8-B9A2-1E2F73A4E3D0 (resized).jpeg
    307046CF-33FB-4727-AD75-FDA55BA3DF76 (resized).jpeg
    AB72D8C3-B930-409A-89C0-8033C092E7F2 (resized).jpeg
    75E7F39D-2FCE-4D01-8DBE-4CCB47249F4F (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 3,944 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 79.
    #1001 4 years ago
    Quoted from Dialsoft:

Free admission if you wear sweatpants.

I know who he talks to and who he doesn't talk to of my friends. I wish them all the best. I don't want anyone to do badly in this business.

#1002 4 years ago
    Quoted from Dialsoft:

I don't want anyone to do badly in this business.

This seems to be the consensus of every single person in this thread who runs an arcade.

Except for one.

#1003 4 years ago

Its a bitch to open one. I admit it put me in the hospital with panic attacks for the first time in my life. I'm a serial entrepreneur and it took a lot out of me.

#1004 4 years ago

This guy really isn’t doing himself any favors with what he writes and is just asking to be trolled even more.

I Wonder when the Gofundme for not making rent is going live?

#1005 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You wouldn't want to go there. Word on the street is that it's not as good as Gamesum.
    Everybody is saying that.

You're right!!
    Looks like no pins either!!

#1006 4 years ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

You're right!!
    Looks like no pins either!!

I have 13 Pinballs in the arcade. No EMs. Im just not a fan of Ems. My earliest pin is the SS Joker Poker. Then I have Jokerz, Funhouse, High Speed, Blackout, Checkpoint, F14 Tomcat, Flash, Sorceror, Rollergames and Kings of Steel are in the shop and coming, Star trek next gen is on the floor. All together 121 arcade cabs and pins. I need to update the site with the pins.

#1007 4 years ago
    Quoted from Dialsoft:

I have 13 Pinballs in the arcade. No EMs. Im just not a fan of Ems. My earliest pin is the SS Joker Poker. Then I have Jokerz, Funhouse, High Speed, Blackout, Checkpoint, F14 Tomcat, Flash, Sorceror, Rollergames and Kings of Steel are in the shop and coming, Star trek next gen is on the floor. All together 121 arcade cabs and pins. I need to update the site with the pins.

I was just checking out your Instagram and facebook pages. Looks like an awesome place, I may just have to make the trip some day.

#1008 4 years ago

Joker Poker is an awesome game. Gotta check out your arcade if I’m ever around.

#1009 4 years ago
    Quoted from Dialsoft:

I just got done checking out your website.
    Looks like a very cool place!
    Love the retro-art on the walls.
    Your classic video game lineup is pretty damn impressive and in comparison makes the A++ line up at the gamuseum look like a complete joke.
    I’ve added your arcade along with the previously mentioned pinball pa to my list of need to visit places if I ever am in the area.

1EE14EF2-EDC5-4225-A134-FE9603B8CF74 (resized).jpeg1EE14EF2-EDC5-4225-A134-FE9603B8CF74 (resized).jpeg9D385148-74E3-40D1-B0D9-5CEBEF6E861B (resized).jpeg9D385148-74E3-40D1-B0D9-5CEBEF6E861B (resized).jpegBA855C31-EA5A-4DBD-843F-BD40EFF2A906 (resized).jpegBA855C31-EA5A-4DBD-843F-BD40EFF2A906 (resized).jpegDFCEB1B1-A638-4729-9A1F-2A60334213E6 (resized).jpegDFCEB1B1-A638-4729-9A1F-2A60334213E6 (resized).jpeg
    #1010 4 years ago
    Quoted from Dialsoft:

Sorry about that. Looked at your website and only saw video games listed. My bad....

#1011 4 years ago
    Quoted from Dialsoft:

No Earthshaker? Any arcade that's worth its salt has one of those.

#1012 4 years ago

Did he buy some new teeth with said funds?

#1013 4 years ago
    Quoted from Ericc123:

Whooaa. Thank God Helicon Brewing has one. I was afraid you would never return.

#1014 4 years ago
    Quoted from Ericc123:

I want one. missed out on one this week. Pins are hard to find man!

#1015 4 years ago
    Quoted from Ericc123:

One of the heaviest pins ever made, right?

#1016 4 years ago

Hey the shaker motor in that thing is like 200 lbs!

#1017 4 years ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

Sorry about that. Looked at your website and only saw video games listed. My bad....

yeah my programmer is working on the website where the game database has different fields for pinballs. Ill try to get that fixed today

#1018 4 years ago
    Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

Whooaa. Thank God Helicon Brewing has one. I was afraid you would never return.

No way man. I'll be there tonight to play in the tournament and see what four Willy Wonka Le's look like side by side.

#1019 4 years ago

Otaku,
    Serious question:

What are the museum attractions on display?

#1020 4 years ago
    Quoted from Dialsoft:

yeah my programmer is working on the website where the game database has different fields for pinballs. Ill try to get that fixed today

Looks like a cool place, would stop in if I'm in the area...Good Luck

#1021 4 years ago
    Quoted from InfiniteLives:

Otaku,
    Serious question:
    What are the museum attractions on display?

The museum is more science based than history based...I think that is the main hiccup.
    Various degrees of mold culture are on display for patrons to touch and feel, and there are a series of physics exhibits titled "How many bolts do you really need to hold the legs on a pinball machine?"

#1022 4 years ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

The museum is more science based than history based...I think that is the main hiccup.
    Various degrees of mold culture are on display for patrons to touch and feel, and there are a series of physics exhibits titled "How many bolts do you really need to hold the legs on a pinball machine?"

Is there an exact science to how many customers can sit around one folding table of consoles?

Or do we have to read books such as "A Brief History of Time" to fully understand what is going on?

#1023 4 years ago
    Quoted from pacmanretro:

Is there an exact science to how many customers can sit around one folding table of consoles?

As much as I dislike Timeline Arcade, the console gaming area is something he got right with couches/chairs and plenty of room. If memory serves the Hanover location has an old floor model CRT TV with an old cushioned chair to play Atari 2600.

#1024 4 years ago
    Quoted from VectorGamer:

As much as I dislike Timeline Arcade, the console gaming area is something he got right with couches/chairs and plenty of room. If memory serves the Hanover location has an old floor model CRT TV with an old cushioned chair to play Atari 2600.

It's one of the only things that works down there. When I made the hour drive for the last time down there, 9 of his pins were down. More than 50% of them.

#1025 4 years ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

It's one of the only things that works down there. When I made the hour drive for the last time down there, 9 of his pins were down. More than 50% of them.

Which arcade?

#1026 4 years ago

Sound like there’s a lot of arcade options in Central PA.

#1027 4 years ago
    Quoted from Dialsoft:

Which arcade?

Timeline Hanover. York isn't much better.

#1028 4 years ago
    Quoted from albummydavis:

Sound like there’s a lot of arcade options in Central PA.

Yes, but only one of them is an A++ location

#1029 4 years ago

The Silverball Museum on the Asbury Park, NJ boardwalk is phenomenal. They've got an incredibly diverse selection of pinball, arcade and video games, including uber rare vintage titles like Gottlieb TKO, Gottlieb EM Joker Poker, Gottlieb Challenger (head-to-head 2 player), United Deluxe Star Super Slugger pitch & bat, Kasco Ninja Gun arcade, and rare modern titles such as Stern Beatles (Diamond edition, only 100 made, $20K - $25K game).

Classics in the line-up include everthing from Midway Flying Turns to Bally Medusa to Williams Banzai Run to Bally Twilight Zone. There's probably an Earthshaker there, as well. . .not sure.
    They have classic EM rifle games, bubble hockey and a photo booth. Prefer newer games? Then, play Dialed In, Wizard of Oz or a modern Stern, which are all there (although the owner rotates games with his Florida location).

Silverball has several skeeball, shuffle alley and other more prototypical games as well. There's a good snack bar, an Elvis statue and a crazy lovebird arcade seat with a steering wheel.

From what I gather, it appears that Marcade is also fashioning itself as a diverse, professional business operation, also in NJ. It would behoove any arcade operator, especially Gameseum, to take cues from the Silverball Museum about how to successfully create and operate an arcade, in my view.

Now that I've posted these photos, I can't wait to return to Silverball!
    Screenshot_20190731-132525_Google (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190731-132525_Google (resized).jpg20190731_140733 (resized).jpg20190731_140733 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190731-132413_Google (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190731-132413_Google (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190731-132506_Google (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190731-132506_Google (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190731-132537_Google (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190731-132537_Google (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190731-131917_Google (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190731-131917_Google (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190731-131903_Google (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190731-131903_Google (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190731-132559_Google (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190731-132559_Google (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190731-132134_Google (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190731-132134_Google (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190731-132844_Google (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190731-132844_Google (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190731-131432_Google (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190731-131432_Google (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190731-132442_Google (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190731-132442_Google (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190731-132820_Google (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190731-132820_Google (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190731-131816_Google (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190731-131816_Google (resized).jpg

#1030 4 years ago
    Quoted from ZNET:

The Silverball Museum on the Asbury Park, NJ boardwalk is phenomenal. They've got an incredibly diverse selection of pinball, arcade and video games, including uber rare vintage titles like Gottlieb TKO, Gottlieb EM Joker Poker, Gottlieb Challenger (head-to-head 2 player), United Deluxe Star Super Slugger pitch & bat, Kasco Ninja Gun arcade, and rare modern titles such as Stern Beatles (Diamond edition, only 100 made, $20K - $25K game).
    Classics in the line-up include everthing from Midway Flying Turns to Bally Medusa to Williams Banzai Run to Bally Twilight Zone. There's probably an Earthshaker there, as well. . .not sure.
    They have classic EM rifle games, shuffle alleys, bubble hockey and a photo booth. Prefer newer games? Then, play Dialed In, Wizard of Oz or a modern Stern, which are all there (although the owner rotates games with his Florida location).
    Silverball has several skeeball, shuffle alley and other more prototypical games as well. There's a good snack bar as well.
    From what I gather, it appears that Marcade is also fashioning itself as a diverse, professional business operation, also in NJ. It would behoove any arcade operator, especially Gameseum, to take cues from the Silverball Museum about how to successfully create and operate an arcade, in my view.
    Now that I've posted these photos, I can't wait to return to Silverball![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Dang, it certainly looks good!

I definitely understand Gameseum is not of that size (or trying to be), but a smaller local place...but certainly a lot can be taken from how other places are setup/run; And be easier to achieve physically and financially on a smaller scale.

One of the other concerns Gameseum should take into account beyond grand opening sales and keeping people coming back, is factoring in that last week was their BIG town event for the year; NOT your typical local weekend.

Kinda like a seasonal tourist town....take the money when in season, but you can't expect to just sit back the rest of the year and expect same results to always be there.

Just an opinion and legit comments.

#1031 4 years ago
    Quoted from pacmanretro:

One of the other concerns Gameseum should take into account beyond grand opening sales and keeping people coming back, is factoring in that last week was their BIG town event for the year; NOT your typical local weekend.

What town event are you referring to? The only "BIG" town event I can think of is the annual fair but that's not until the last week in September.

#1032 4 years ago
    Quoted from emkay:

What town event are you referring to? The only "BIG" town event I can think of is the annual fair but that's not until the last week in September.

He's going to have to work his magic to get people to come in during the fair. The previous tennants had a a big power struggle with the carnies completely blocking their entrances. The way they pack the Midway completely isolates the businesses along that street. The street becomes the sidewalk, and the sidewalk becomes space for carney games. The carneys get territorial about businesses taking money from them, and I would think an arcade will be seen as an even bigger competitor than the old stuck up art people that were there before.

#1033 4 years ago
    Quoted from emkay:

Oops, yeah....my mistake! The way I saw all the FB stuff on this event already, I thought it was July (I.e. this last weekend).

Sorry about that.

Ok, so he may get a bunch of business then....or....NO business based on carnival that is in town wanting it.

Sorry, I guess I had read too much into fameseum's FB hype and thought that that was a current event.

Edit: "Fameseum" really was a typo!.....but I'll leave it

#1034 4 years ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

He's going to have to work his magic to get people to come in during the fair. The previous tennants had a a big power struggle with the carnies completely blocking their entrances. The way they pack the Midway completely isolates the businesses along that street. The street becomes the sidewalk, and the sidewalk becomes space for carney games. The carneys get territorial about businesses taking money from them, and I would think an arcade will be seen as an even bigger competitor than the old stuck up art people that were there before.

I worked as a mechanic for a few years when I was younger, 3 times of the year that got very slow for us the local fair, Thanksgiving and Christmas. Out of all three the fair was probably the worst people spend a lot of money on the local fair’s and didn’t spend any on repairs to their vehicles during those times.

I also agree that it will be hard for him to bring in business during their local fair / event. We have a small festival in May every year in our old downtown as you said the street becomes the sidewalk and people barely go into any of the business during this festival all the money is spent out on the streets with the vendors.

#1035 4 years ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

It's a shitshow, I used to hate fair week every year when I lived down there. Parking is jacked for blocks and blocks around and the carneys are no joke. They know they can get away with anything for the week they're in town. It was fun when I was a teenager because it brought a wide variety of illegal substances and trashy girls (we'd hide in the old abandoned hotel and scare kids that took shortcuts through the property) but as an adult, dealing with the noise/litter/vandalism/traffic/etc really took the joy out of it.

Quoted from pacmanretro:

Oops, yeah....my mistake! The way I saw all the FB stuff on this event already, I thought it was July (I.e. this last weekend).
    Sorry about that.

Honest mistake, he's been heralding the fair as a big bonus for his business for nearly a year now. Keep in mind he's not from Ephrata and has no idea what he's in for. Maybe this is the spectacle everyone's been waiting for to visit! I might even be able to swing free parking nearby since there's no way to get to his place once they've got the roads blocked.

#1036 4 years ago
    Quoted from ZNET:

They have classic EM rifle games, bubble hockey and a photo booth. Prefer newer games? Then, play Dialed In, Wizard of Oz or a modern Stern, which are all there (although the owner rotates games with his Florida location).
    Silverball has several skeeball, shuffle alley and other more prototypical games as well. There's a good snack bar, an Elvis statue and a crazy lovebird arcade seat with a steering wheel.
    Now that I've posted these photos, I can't wait to return to Silverball!

Nice photoshopped images. These have to be fake since there is nowhere in the world that is better than Gameseum.

#1037 4 years ago

"The largest street fair in PA, 200,000+ people walking our streets each season, is a foot from our front door - WE'RE LOCATED IN, AND THE ONLY BUILDING *SURROUNDED BY* THE FAIR MIDWAY!"

I wonder if the organizers of Musikfest know this?

#1038 4 years ago
    Quoted from electricsquirrel:

I wonder if the organizers of Musikfest know this?

But the fair in Ephrata is an A++ fair and what they do is revolutionary. According to Otaku, the word on the street is Musikfest is struggling hard in attendance numbers, and still haven't figured out how to do a street festival. But that's not Ephrata - I wish them SUCCESS

#1039 4 years ago

Ephrata is able to claim largest *street* fair, as the Midway is all located in the streets. There are bigger fairs in the state, for sure... But Ephrata has the largest street fair.

#1040 4 years ago

Got any good carney stories? Not sure why but I find the idea of people fighting the carneys funny

Quoted from emkay:

It's a shitshow, I used to hate fair week every year when I lived down there. Parking is jacked for blocks and blocks around and the carneys are no joke. They know they can get away with anything for the week they're in town. It was fun when I was a teenager because it brought a wide variety of illegal substances and trashy girls (we'd hide in the old abandoned hotel and scare kids that took shortcuts through the property) but as an adult, dealing with the noise/litter/vandalism/traffic/etc really took the joy out of it.

Honest mistake, he's been heralding the fair as a big bonus for his business for nearly a year now. Keep in mind he's not from Ephrata and has no idea what he's in for. Maybe this is the spectacle everyone's been waiting for to visit! I might even be able to swing free parking nearby since there's no way to get to his place once they've got the roads blocked.

#1041 4 years ago

dirt (resized).jpgdirt (resized).jpg

#1042 4 years ago

I'm wondering what his plan is - are the hours going to change so he can take a day off or is he going to hire someone so he can stay open 7 days a week? Does he adjust the schedule once school opens? Working 7 days a week isn't sustainable especially for someone that claimed they couldn't work in the first place. With the $30K he earned in his first month, he can afford to hire someone.

#1043 4 years ago
    Quoted from VectorGamer:

With the $30K he earned in his first month, he can afford to hire someone.

wonder how much of that "30k" goes to rent, bills, etc. will it go to leg bolts? or locks?

#1044 4 years ago

Breaking news for those that like modern pins... Round1 Bowling/Arcade is coming to the vacated Sears space at Park City Center in Lancaster. They typically have up to 8 new Stern machines at each location...so Lancaster will finally have a place to play more than one modern pin in a single location! Sweatpants optional.

#1045 4 years ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

Breaking news for those that like modern pins... Round1 Bowling/Arcade is coming to the vacated Sears space at Park City Center in Lancaster. They typically have up to 8 new Stern machines at each location...so Lancaster will finally have a place to play more than one modern pin in a single location! Sweatpants optional.

I spent a lot of time as a kid playing the Atari 2600 at that Sears. When this place opens and I go it'll be a trip seeing another establishment there.

Any another details on this?

#1046 4 years ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

The Round 1 in Exton doesn't have any pins (I haven't checked in a while though) and was all video/redemption games.

#1047 4 years ago
    Quoted from VectorGamer:

I spent a lot of time as a kid playing the Atari 2600 at that Sears. When this place opens and I go it'll be a trip seeing another establishment there.
    Any another details on this?

News just broke this afternoon. https://lancasteronline.com/news/local/round-to-bring-games-food-to-vacated-sears-space-at/article_87c564a8-b47e-11e9-b00f-c7fba6f73245.html

As far as pins go, some of the other locations of Round1 listed on Pinside have anywhere from 2-8 pins. The space vacated by Sears is huge...so I don't know if they will have all of that space or just a portion of it. We shall see.

#1048 4 years ago
    Quoted from MRudowsky:

The Round 1 in Exton doesn't have any pins (I haven't checked in a while though) and was all video/redemption games.

Yea Round 1 in Exton does not have any pins. I wouldn't count on them having any at the new location either.

#1049 4 years ago
    Quoted from MRudowsky:

The first time I went to Round 1 in Exton, I told the one lady at the counter, that they should get some pinball machines here.
    The lady replied "I don't think they make pinball machines anymore sir, but there is a pinball art gallery down the road in Malvern".
    I walked out and was laughing the whole way to my car

#1050 4 years ago
    Quoted from VectorGamer:

With the $30K he earned in his first month, he can afford to hire someone.

Quoted from InfiniteLives:

wonder how much of that "30k" goes to rent, bills, etc. will it go to leg bolts? or locks?

But where did that $30K number come from? Stevie Wonder didn't put it out there.

Quoted from Phat_Jay:

So 1866 times $10 is $18,660 which is the shortest pass avail according to his website. But he said all day passes outnumber the shortest so at least 934 of them are at $25 ea, or $23,350. Plus the 932 at $10, or $9320. Added together we get $32,670, at least. So we’re to believe he made at least $32k in a month but can’t fix his flippers, buy legbolts, or a pair of pants?!

Except he also quietly started offering a half-hour pass for $7. His claim was that day passes outnumber the shortest but how many people are gonna spend $7 vs $10? I'm guessing not many. So let's re-work those numbers: if 100 people got the half-hour pass ($700) and 101 people got the day pass ($2,525), that leaves 1,665 for the hour pass ($16,650) giving us $19,875 instead of $32,670. All of his claims about income are still technically true but we have a third less cash in play. I'm sure you can tweak those numbers and come up with even less.

See how easy it is to turn bullshit into numbers? This kid is a haircut and a trip to Men's Wearhouse away from making millions in politics. He doesn't have to know how to fix anything in that business either.

There are 3,944 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 79.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gameseum-gaming-gala-sept-15/page/21?hl=nintenbear and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.