Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,944 posts
  • 215 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by robin
  • Topic is favorited by 55 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“When do you expect Gameseum to open for business?”

• Thanksgiving 2018 2 votes
      2%
    • Beginning of 2019 0 votes
    • March 2019 1 vote
      1%
    • April 2019 2 votes
      2%
    • "Summer" 2019 16 votes
      16%
    • It won't, but surely all donated money and machines will be returned. 80 votes
      79%

(101 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

download (resized).png
    Cyberbullying (resized).jpg
    06937ec6de46e466341c1b9b8e283cebbcdf51fc.png.jpg (resized).png
    6c4f86ab8711c7a3f71270bba621c1c51e279831.png.jpg (resized).png
    e87f011d764ae7b096ba18f74f10cc733a16412b.png.jpg (resized).png
    8E28E40B-E58A-4638-B4A0-6A4614B22CAA (resized).jpeg
    0FD16E5B-57B9-4296-9DE7-9CFAC564067C (resized).jpeg
    B46DA714-CFA6-4780-871A-16917769D91C (resized).jpeg
    0F07A909-BD47-42BA-A82F-74FE65890521 (resized).jpeg
    03F1224B-CCEF-44E0-8F49-9A47491F9049 (resized).jpeg
    Colson (resized).jpeg
    B4F28AA5-7D73-4FF3-9A7A-9AB65282D6E2 (resized).jpeg
    CC92318E-53CA-4CD8-B9A2-1E2F73A4E3D0 (resized).jpeg
    307046CF-33FB-4727-AD75-FDA55BA3DF76 (resized).jpeg
    AB72D8C3-B930-409A-89C0-8033C092E7F2 (resized).jpeg
    75E7F39D-2FCE-4D01-8DBE-4CCB47249F4F (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 3,944 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 79.
    #951 4 years ago

So how much is it to buy the gameseum name? If someone wants to do it I'll be happy to chip in some $ via paypal...

#952 4 years ago
    Quoted from JayDee:

Better proofread that

Thanks, sorry about that.

#953 4 years ago

I'm f'ing pissing my pants laughing, at this thread!

#954 4 years ago
    Quoted from Darcy:

Have you looked up gameseum.org ? Since the place has museum in its name.

gameseum.org is available. I think those are something like $12 to register.

#955 4 years ago

Well, he’s already registered and incorporated as an LLC.

ECD0137A-5E17-4205-A233-584D8CA926F0 (resized).jpegECD0137A-5E17-4205-A233-584D8CA926F0 (resized).jpeg
    #956 4 years ago

Are there any attorney's here that could donate their time to trademark the name? I'd be happy to pitch in to help with the other expenses involved in doing this. For as funny as it would be to do this I just don't feel like eating $400 per hour to do this on my own.

#957 4 years ago
    Quoted from Phat_Jay:

So 1866 times $10 is $18,660 which is the shortest pass avail according to his website. But he said all day passes outnumber the shortest so at least 934 of them are at $25 ea, or $23,350. Plus the 932 at $10, or $9320. Added together we get $32,670, at least. So we’re to believe he made at least $32k in a month but can’t fix his flippers, buy legbolts, or a pair of pants?! B.s.
    But I’m sure the state of PA will enjoy that check for 6% sales tax of $1960 for last month!
    [quoted image]

Wait, is that his fiancé in that pic with the brown hair or was it the good looking blond He’s been photographed with previously? Either way he’s done better than one would expect.

I would be shocked if he really has had that many paid customers in a month. If that’s the case, he should invest in at least a few modern pins.

#958 4 years ago

The 2010 census put the population of Ephrata at 13,394. I'm sure some people came to his arcade from out of town but he's trying to say that he got 14% of his towns population there in a month? Even if some people came back multiple times I'm not sure that I buy it.

#959 4 years ago
    Quoted from Dooskie:

Are there any attorney's here that could donate their time to trademark the name? I'd be happy to pitch in to help with the other expenses involved in doing this. For as funny as it would be to do this I just don't feel like eating $400 per hour to do this on my own.

You really don't need to be an attorney. I know tons of people who have successfully registered logos, names, etc. There's something funky about his, I think. The fact that something happened to it so quickly is odd. Just go to the uspto.gov site.

#960 4 years ago

Whatever .com .org .net is bought should automatically redirect to this thread.

#961 4 years ago

Not too many reviews considering how many customers Gameseum had.

#962 4 years ago
    Quoted from vicjw66:

Wait, is that his fiancé in that pic with the brown hair or was it the good looking blond He’s been photographed with previously? Either way he’s done better than one would expect.
    I would be shocked if he really has had that many paid customers in a month. If that’s the case, he should invest in at least a few modern pins.

Thats his fiance holding the sign.

#963 4 years ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:

Not too many reviews considering how many customers Gameseum had.

He blocked/deleted the honest ones most likely

#964 4 years ago

I just opened an arcade in NJ that is larger, has more games and is a polished retail establishment in a large shopping center that has thousands of people a day coming and going. He bested mine? If that is true he is a genius.

#965 4 years ago

Hes full of it. 1866 dollars i believe. Not head count.

#966 4 years ago

I believe it.
    In a 30 day period that averages just over 60 people a day.
    Surely on a Friday and Saturday night you get more than 60 people which offsets the weekdays.
    I think this number is plausible especially with media coverage etc.

#967 4 years ago

There are barely that many people in Ephrata, for crying out loud! What did somebody say, 18,000?
    Assuming they arent lying, every following month will just get worse unless he gets new games constantly. People wont keep coming back to play the same tired old games.

#968 4 years ago

Oh, almost forgot I had another one.

Gameseum - With nuts this big we don’t need leg bolts.

#969 4 years ago
    Quoted from Phat_Jay:

Hes full of it. 1866 dollars i believe. Not head count.

Quoted from Coindork:

I believe it.
    In a 30 day period that averages just over 60 people a day.
    Surely on a Friday and Saturday night you get more than 60 people which offsets the weekdays.
    I think this number is plausible especially with media coverage etc.

Quoted from GWalton:

There are barely that many people in Ephrata, for crying out loud! What did somebody say, 18,000?
    Assuming they arent lying, every following month will just get worse unless he gets new games constantly. People wont keep coming back to play the same tired old games.

I’m going to go out a limb here, but maybe he’s counting all the people that went over their time allotment and had to pay up again as “new” customers. That sure will build up the numbers quickly

#970 4 years ago
    Quoted from Dialsoft:

I just opened an arcade in NJ that is larger, has more games and is a polished retail establishment in a large shopping center that has thousands of people a day coming and going. He bested mine? If that is true he is a genius.

What’s the name of your arcade and location?

#971 4 years ago

My buddy and I were two of the $10 customers. One hour there was more than enough time for me. We won't be going back anytime soon either - I imagine that will be the case for many of the 1,866.

#972 4 years ago

No reason to register any trademarks, do shirts, or anything else to aggravate the situation.

Like I mentioned before, time will take care of itself one way or another. I encourage you all just to hang back and enjoy the ride in the meantime.

#973 4 years ago
    Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Like I mentioned before, time will take care of itself one way or another. I encourage you all just to hang back and enjoy the ride in the meantime.

We all think we'll be like this

left2 (resized).jpgleft2 (resized).jpg

but in reality we'd be like this

left1 (resized).jpgleft1 (resized).jpg

Have a heart people! He may be an insufferable prick but he's one of us. I'd like to think all of our insults, mocking, and apparent loathing come from a place of concern. He really doesn't seem interested in our help, but among all the sweatpant and Galaga jokes there's some good advice in here.

#974 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

among all the sweatpant and Galaga jokes there's some good advice in here.

Amen. I come to Pinside not for pinball discussions, but for the good advice.

#975 4 years ago

It's just amusing to watch everybody backpedal as it grows and their comments get blown out of the water.

"Oh okay, he succeeded, but it's probably not only his name on the lease..."

"Oh okay, he posted he sold several thousand passes, but we all are SURE that number's inflated..."

I am very happy to say those are both wrong... duh I have no reason to inflate numbers - if the numbers were less than bragging about, I just wouldn't post of the success and just keep doing business as normal, but it's real and too great to not celebrate. Inflation would be dumb. Come on Pinside, if you want to dig into me, at least give credit where credit is due - it's embarassing to watch you all try to come up with alternate scenarios and conspiracy theories instead of just accepting you were, and are, wrong. If you're going to dig into me, at least DON'T do that.

I'm excited to keep growing and improving. There's work to do, but at the same time, we just started and are improving every day. I'm enjoying the ride, and it's going very well.

Am I embarrassed and apologetic by my days of kicking around here when I was 16 and a bit of a firecracker? Sure, but with such a toxic and hatefilled response exactly like this, you can easily see what I got so fired up... there are many threads on Pinside where this happens every single time from men supposedly much more grown and "experienced" than I am. It's scary how much hate some of you have in your souls, and how easily angered you are, I may be a bit abrasive on here at times but I'm just glad it doesn't run that deep in me. That must really suck to be that fired up all the time, and so easily. The best life lesson I learned from 1,000 old cranky guys trying to "teach me said lessons", while insulting me and my appearance no less, wasn't anything in the content of those posts, but rather just to the general lesson to ignore them even more and just stop reacting to them, and that was a good lesson I taught myself. I'm not happy with everything I said back then, but as the same time I'm not surprised I reacted the way I did, and at the age I was at, it could've went a lot worse.

I'll reiterate something I said in a previous post, my mannerism and life is a whole lot more normal, and less dramatic (and dramatically interesting) once you step outside the scope of Pinside's view. It is heavily bent and skewed here, and many of the things that have accumulated over the years are not the result of my own actions but rather completely false after being passed through 80 different posters - suddenly "Otaku thinks CrazyLevi's dog smells like doodoo", when I said "CrazyLevi's dog is a poodle". I forget the term for the effect. Anyways, I'm sure CrazyLevi's dog is great. But yes, just remember it's a much different and very more normal world out there once you step outside of the view of Pinside... especially since my atmosphere is catered to and consists almost entirely of laymen. Never liked the "collector arcade"... think it closes way too many doors by focusing on a niche community. So yes, all of this doesn't cross my mind or have an impact on my life unless I log on to come look at it, which may come as a surprise to those so invested in this daily hate-fest. In reality, it's very anticlimactic. And no, I don't go to work harassing people any day, and we're not in any kind of panic or hardship at all, infact our numbers are growing daily - and we're invested in the longevity of this business, including investments, proper planning, and managing our money, etc. Everything is thriving. I'm aware everybody here is putting that past the "stupid idiot in the sweatpants!!!!!!", but it's how it is - and at the same time, while I'm looking forward to proving you all wrong, I'm very happy to say even that is a very arbitrary reason and really doesn't even cross my mind ever. You are not my reasoning for anything that I do. It's for us, and we're loving it, and we're thriving. And while the added doubt of "there's no way he's doing that good!!!!!" is a nice feeling because I am know I actually am, even that positive side of it doesn't compare to the side of actually enjoying your business, pleasing your local community, and thriving in business. We're very happy and are very successful.

I'm not even upset anymore, and would happily accept having a few drinks with Levi, and kick his ass at Earthshaker in my sweatpants.

(Mark/Dialsoft... with a lot of the info about your arcade that's being passed around by people you consider friends and behind closed doors, I wouldn't brag or at least put others down. The word on the street is you're struggling hard in attendance numbers, and still haven't figured out how to do a cap kit. But that's not me - I wish you SUCCESS.)

#976 4 years ago

#977 4 years ago

I just can't handle ultra modern, state-of-the-art games like Earthshaker.

But I'll accept your challenge on something even rarer, like F-14!

#978 4 years ago

And after all of those words, not one about making right for taking money thru GoFundMe.

#979 4 years ago
    Quoted from Otaku:

Am I embarrassed and apologetic by my days of kicking around here when I was 16 and a bit of a firecracker? Sure, but with such a toxic and hatefilled response exactly like this, you can easily see what I got so fired up... there are many threads on Pinside where this happens every single time from men supposedly much more grown and "experienced" than I am. It's scary how much hate some of you have in your souls, and how easily angered you are, I may be a bit abrasive on here at times but I'm just glad it doesn't run that deep in me. That must really suck to be that fired up all the time, and so easily. The best life lesson I learned from 1,000 old cranky guys trying to "teach me said lessons", while insulting me and my appearance no less, wasn't anything in the content of those posts, but rather just to the general lesson to ignore them even more and just stop reacting to them, and that was a good lesson I taught myself. I'm not happy with everything I said back then, but as the same time I'm not surprised I reacted the way I did, and at the age I was at, it could've went a lot worse.

(Mark/Dialsoft... with a lot of the info about your arcade that's being passed around by people you consider friends and behind closed doors, I wouldn't brag or at least put others down. The word on the street is you're struggling hard in attendance numbers, and still haven't figured out how to do a cap kit. But that's not me - I wish you SUCCESS.)

Quoted from Otaku:

You just completely contradicted yourself....yet again. The only thing you have gotten better at is your constant self-aggrandizing. When are you going to give the gofundme money back?

#980 4 years ago

He’s not going to apologize. He’s not going to reimburse anyone. He refuses to accept any advice. It’s pointless arguing with a fool, I’m out.

#981 4 years ago

TLDR FTW!

#982 4 years ago
    Quoted from Otaku:

Mark/Dailsoft...you're struggling hard in attendance numbers, and still haven't figured out how to do a cap kit. But that's not me - I wish you SUCCESS.)

What he really said.

#983 4 years ago

he can do cap kits but not rebuild flippers, go figure.

your last little blurb is exactly what you should not be typing lol

Quoted from Otaku:

#984 4 years ago

Steven ALWAYS does the horseshit "everybody is talking" bit. He did it back when he was a super immature 19 year old and he does now when he's a super grown up 21 year old.

Word on the street is that Mark wears actual pants, thus commanding more respect from potential customers than someone who only wears sweatpants.

People are talking about it. Lots of people. Everyone is saying it.

#985 4 years ago

So is anyone getting shirts printed and how do I get one?
    This is my favorite so far!

A8665D52-2C1F-4AF1-91FA-B83CFC21770E (resized).jpegA8665D52-2C1F-4AF1-91FA-B83CFC21770E (resized).jpeg
    #986 4 years ago
    Quoted from Otaku:

ignore them even more and just stop reacting to them, and that was a good lesson I taught myself.

Should have hired a tutor. I don't think ignore means what you think it means.

#987 4 years ago

That's an awful lot of typing for somebody who doesnt give a shit about what anybody here thinks.

#988 4 years ago

Haters be Hatin' - OTAKU RULES! ~~~ (Mike Drop)

#989 4 years ago
    Quoted from Dialsoft:

What arcade is this? Location?

#990 4 years ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

You wouldn't want to go there. Word on the street is that it's not as good as Gamesum.

Everybody is saying that.

#991 4 years ago
    Quoted from Otaku:

Am I embarrassed and apologetic by my days of kicking around here when I was 16 and a bit of a firecracker? Sure, but with such a toxic and hatefilled response exactly like this, you can easily see what I got so fired up

Quoted from Otaku:

I'm not happy with everything I said back then, but as the same time I'm not surprised I reacted the way I did, and at the age I was at, it could've went a lot worse.

Dude, you can’t even apologize sincerely without commingling excuses in there. A simple “I’m sorry for my past behavior and taking advantage of my fellow hobbyists” would’ve been enough.

Back when you had your bullshit flood, I know people that donated money to you that barely had any money to their name. They put themselves out thinking you had a true emergency, even though you wouldn’t just sell some of your games to get the money yourself. And you bitched when the same people that donated money to you wouldn’t also drive two hours each way to help you lug all the games up the steps.

Those people went way out of their way to help you, and you spit right in their face by buying games with that money. And at a pinball show right in front of their face.

That is when my opinion of you seriously changed. You are an egotistical, dishonest, self-centered, cocky and arrogant dbag. You think you know everything…but you know very little.

IE...Do you realize how much potential revenue you threw away by alienating 3/4 of the local people on this site? Or how many games (possibly nice or upper level) that may have been donated or loaned to you for your venture? Ponder that one.

But you were right about one thing...wasting time. I’m done with you and this thread. I’ll come back when I see you on the Forbes top 100 list. Good luck with your arcade in Methville.

#992 4 years ago

#993 4 years ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

www.marcade.us

Rockaway NJ.

#994 4 years ago

I had a super long response but bailed.

I have done 31 capkits personally successfully. 2 didn't work out the way I thought. I think its pretty good. I don't typically just do the capkit. I do the pots and the filtercap and width coils and whatever other parts look hosed. I enjoy doing them.

#995 4 years ago

Only 5 more until 1000 posts!

#996 4 years ago
    Quoted from Dialsoft:

I had a super long response but bailed.
    I have done 31 capkits personally successfully. 2 didn't work out the way I thought. I think its pretty good. I don't typically just do the capkit. I do the pots and the filtercap and width coils and whatever other parts look hosed. I enjoy doing them.

Does it upset you knowing there's an entire network of people in Ephrata, PA, who you think are your friends who are saying your place sucks and that you don't know what you are doing?

What's the word on the street in Jersey about the Gameseum?

#997 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Does it upset you knowing there's an entire network of people in Ephrata, PA, who you think are your friends who are saying your place sucks and that you don't know what you are doing?
    What's the word on the street in Jersey about the Gameseum?

Free admission if you wear sweatpants.

There are 3,944 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 79.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gameseum-gaming-gala-sept-15/page/20?hl=atari_daze and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.