Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,944 posts
  • 215 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by robin
  • Topic is favorited by 55 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“When do you expect Gameseum to open for business?”

• Thanksgiving 2018 2 votes
      2%
    • Beginning of 2019 0 votes
    • March 2019 1 vote
      1%
    • April 2019 2 votes
      2%
    • "Summer" 2019 16 votes
      16%
    • It won't, but surely all donated money and machines will be returned. 80 votes
      79%

(101 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

download (resized).png
    Cyberbullying (resized).jpg
    06937ec6de46e466341c1b9b8e283cebbcdf51fc.png.jpg (resized).png
    6c4f86ab8711c7a3f71270bba621c1c51e279831.png.jpg (resized).png
    e87f011d764ae7b096ba18f74f10cc733a16412b.png.jpg (resized).png
    8E28E40B-E58A-4638-B4A0-6A4614B22CAA (resized).jpeg
    0FD16E5B-57B9-4296-9DE7-9CFAC564067C (resized).jpeg
    B46DA714-CFA6-4780-871A-16917769D91C (resized).jpeg
    0F07A909-BD47-42BA-A82F-74FE65890521 (resized).jpeg
    03F1224B-CCEF-44E0-8F49-9A47491F9049 (resized).jpeg
    Colson (resized).jpeg
    B4F28AA5-7D73-4FF3-9A7A-9AB65282D6E2 (resized).jpeg
    CC92318E-53CA-4CD8-B9A2-1E2F73A4E3D0 (resized).jpeg
    307046CF-33FB-4727-AD75-FDA55BA3DF76 (resized).jpeg
    AB72D8C3-B930-409A-89C0-8033C092E7F2 (resized).jpeg
    75E7F39D-2FCE-4D01-8DBE-4CCB47249F4F (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1374 The truth about beelzeboob's escalera from beelzeboob himself Posted by beelzeboob (4 years ago)

Post #3337 List of donations received Posted by LTG (3 years ago)

Post #3472 The four different screen names of Steven. Posted by PismoArcade (3 years ago)

Post #3476 Beelzeboob’s status update. Posted by beelzeboob (3 years ago)

Post #3807 They also have air hockey. Posted by Electrocute (3 years ago)

Post #3868 The Pinside Escalera Posted by beelzeboob (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pacmanretro.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

370 posts in this topic match your search for posts by pacmanretro. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #148 4 years ago
    Quoted from Philk:

Why come on here and type out a book then say you are too busy for Pinside and its environment? Not a good look when the owner of an arcade comes on a forum just to talk shit, grow up buddy. Don't worry, if I hear anyone asking about the gaymuseum I'll let them know exactly how great you are.

HONESTLY, makes me kinda wonder if the other people involved (physical help and financial help) know how he acts and treats his potential clients online; Via multiple platforms.

#165 4 years ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:

Keep it coming, love it!

Don't you understand???
    It's like "boy girl,boy girl, boy girl".... it goes "pinsiders are shit, klovers are shit, pinsiders are shit".....

Now then, can I have some money or free games or WHAT!!!??

1 week later
    #192 4 years ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

I use to live two blocks from his location, it's not revolutionary.

Were bars and massage parlors open that late?

Quoted from jahbarron:

But his payment system is revolutionary

You don't see massage parlor using it do you!?

#198 4 years ago
    Quoted from emkay:

He probably thinks it's no big deal working 74 hours a week without any days off, having never worked before. I know my brain goes flat after about six or seven weeks of that shit.

Ouch...yeah. and that's business open hours; not repair/maintanence/store cleanup hours.

Hopefully that can all be done by multiple people.

#205 4 years ago

But have we heard from any gay paramecium yet?

And will they be atteneding the opening or not???

1 week later
    #222 4 years ago

Why were there coins/tokens laying on a machine?

Quoted from starfighter:

I'm also not sure the wall AC unit keep the place cool enough.

Hopefully there are several units...games and people warm a room quick for sure!

#223 4 years ago

Since it is showed publicly in the video, I wonder if those breakers are the right SWD rated ones for being used as switches under load per the NEC.

Hopefully so.

Just curious...I know TONS of people use regular breakers as their game switches, but standard breakers aren't actually designed for use in that way.

#233 4 years ago

Super low quality FB video post hour ago....

Due to their high quality standards...

New "official grand opening" July 20th now.

Today is now a discounted cost "soft opening", but are open.

Reason given for change....number of games don't work.

Something about food trucks cancelled today too, but video said reason was because it looked like it could rain.

Plus side, video said if you go today and purchase a discounted pass, they will give you a pass for "new grand opening" in a month.

#234 4 years ago

Since video was only posted an hour ago, I hope none of you drove super far today to go play pinball.....

#240 4 years ago

"Each arcade machine even features the original tube-style monitor"

From what I can see.....Somebody didn't tell donkey kong

Effect_20190629_145859 (resized).jpgEffect_20190629_145859 (resized).jpgScreenshot_2019-06-29-14-54-48 (resized).pngScreenshot_2019-06-29-14-54-48 (resized).png
    #241 4 years ago
    Quoted from tslayer71:

Seems like a rookie mistake, but what do we know, he's the expert. I mean it's not like people on this site know anything about video game or pinball repair

If only somebody could put together an "original" repair guide on these subjects

#250 4 years ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

I know he has a chequered past ... and bad pants ... but kudos to the kid.
    He said he was going to do it ... and he did it.
    And it looks pretty good from what I can see in the TV news video.
    Kudos.
    rd

But did HE do it....or does HE just post tons of crap while asking for free money and other friends/family "did it"?????

Legit question, not being a dick.

#251 4 years ago

For real....Did anybody go and take pics??

In all the videos/pics he posted, I didn't get to see the party room or any of the console game systems set up. Also wanted to see the decorations, lighting, and ESPECIALLY the collectable memorabilia etc that make it a museum!

Maybe that's still coming?

#253 4 years ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:

Makes me wonder if it even happened.

I was honestly curious...guess I expected decorated walls, colorful stuff, signs, framed original pieces with descriptions telling stories about them, etc...not a long narrow stark white room

#258 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You can’t charge the public for stuff like this. He also needs a repair staff which he obviously can’t or won’t pay for..

I think you 'can' charge for stuff like this....just super cheap. NOBODY would pay 25 for day, see this, and ever come back.....

If it cost like 5 bucks to play around with some old stuff for a couple hours, sure.

But it would get old fast, and not be profitable in a retail setting for sure...

Even if all the store hours are covered by others, I honestly believe you are right about repair/maintainance....one young person will never be enough to keep it ALL going....and that becomes apparent real quick when stuff on floor already has monitors out, back doors off, games off/down on opening dayday...

Time to bust out a cut off sleeved sweatshirt and knuckle down on repairs!

#259 4 years ago
    Quoted from JayDee:

There’s memorabilia on the walls, you just have to zoom in to see them.[quoted image][quoted image]

LMAO! Thanks for that!!!
    Been a long busy afternoon in shop today, that made my day! Lol.

#261 4 years ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

If you are traveling a distance to come here...are you going to spend $25 for a day here, or spend $25 at Pinball gallery in Malvern...with somewhere in the neighborhood of 70 pins, and most are post 1985. When I was a banned from his Facebook page, he corrected me and said his newest pin was a Comet. I said he mainly had EM's...oops. I guess that deserves a ban. If you want EM's, village Arcade in Honeybrook actually has nice stuff.

Good info.

And here I was planning a Griswold vacation around this

#263 4 years ago
    Quoted from bonzo71:

Pinball Gallery normally has a few that are either out of order or down. It's no big deal. Hopefully he will get a few back up games that he can rotate into place as others break. The em pins will be the least troublesome. I certainly could not have done this at 21..even with help. It is fun to joke around and maybe he has made some mistakes, but I hope that at least a few of us who can get there within a reasonable drive go out and spend $25.
    I am curious to know what you guys feel in that video is "junk." I saw a good cross section of classic arcade games and some decent looking em pins. The arcades I remember did not generally have games that looked new. I recall cigarette burns on control panels, graffiti and chipped cabinets..and nobody really cared as long as it worked properly.

So when you goin?

#271 4 years ago
    Quoted from bonzo71:

Not sure, but I'm open the next couple Saturdays. If you are in the area, some other things to do include the Green Dragon Farmers Market (only open Friday) and Shady Maple Smorgasbord (closed Sunday). Tons of things to do in nearby Lancaster too.

Cool. Be sure to share some pics.

I'm not into paying to sit and play home consoles, but I would like to see a cool setup with bunches of crt tvs going at same time, etc. As well.

#277 4 years ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

No fix needed, what do you expect in Amish country!

Ohhh....is that the deal with Donkey Kong having no monitor but on game floor first day that way? It's the Amish version??

#280 4 years ago
    Quoted from Mitch:

Now hes on Facebook asking how to fix stuck flippers. I can see this place will be running perfectly. No problem.

Simple....read the run on sentence of how to repair pinballs by Otaku.

#283 4 years ago
    Quoted from mbaumle:

EMs are reliable, but you gotta put in the work to get them there. You need to rebuild every stepper, score reel, and triple check every relay is operating properly without sticking. That takes a TON of time.

+1 on the comment that totally gone thru EMs are quite reliable....they really can take a lot of use for years; And come from an era of true craftsmanship!

#295 4 years ago

Let's start a gofundmyass to pay for Levi to go repair machines!!!!

#297 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

If you guys want to pay my car rental, gas, and tolls and buy me lunch for the day, I'll go out there and help Steven out!

Probably would wind up being best thing for him and the business....and well worth the return on investment to have working equipment at establishment.....

But alas, I don't think the last handout got more than a few hundred of their thousands goal....

Maybe it WOULD be worth them, for real, looking into a local tech to help out....That's just business brass tacks, really...

#305 4 years ago
    Quoted from pinlink:

It wouldn't make a difference. Even if Levi could get down there and fixed the flippers, he's not going to go through every machine and give it it a proper shop job like should have been done months ago.
    Look at the facebook screenshot Levi posted. The dude doesn't even want to do a full flipper rebuild on a game going on location that has been in storage. WTF is this kid thinking...

DUDE, Otaku repair guides man! That's where it's at. Save TONS of money....screw all those old people who don't know a damn thing!

#308 4 years ago

DAMN!!!

Better than ENTIRE community knowledge base on Pinside, KLOV, Clay guides, Lloyd, pinwiki, pinball ninja, pinrepair, etc all put together!!!!

#309 4 years ago
    Quoted from pacmanretro:

DAMN!!!
    Better than ENTIRE community knowledge base on Pinside, KLOV, Clay guides, Lloyd, pinwiki, pinball ninja, pinrepair, etc all put together!!!!

Left out VId....sorry VID......here's to you specifically!

#311 4 years ago

"Permanent darker arcade is the plan".

Uhmmm.....now where did that old post/comment go about how this place wasn't going to be "dark" like those shit ass 80s arcades that he apparently has a recollection of?

Screenshot_2019-07-01-17-31-08 (resized).pngScreenshot_2019-07-01-17-31-08 (resized).png
    #317 4 years ago

I'm on the fence on that one....what does the rub and tug charge?

#323 4 years ago
    Quoted from tslayer71:

Come on guys, a dark arcade - that's crazy talk! Everyone knows the arcades of yesteryear were dark to make them dank and seedy and had nothing to do with atmosphere. I don't want to see the crt's and prefer as much overhead light glare as possible. Geese are you guys stupid!

WTF. Where have you been???? We're all STUPID...

#346 4 years ago
    Quoted from ultimategameroom:

Here are some google reviews...
    Pretty funny that he gives himself a 5 star review!!![quoted image][quoted image]

Comments that he doesn't like seem to be quickly removed. I swear I've seen some people questioning stuff, then they weren't there...

#349 4 years ago

Here is some other info found on the website.
    1) most importantly it appears that the dog got the treatment it needed and is alive. (No update on how grandmas basement has faired with the recent flooding rains the area has received , but the machines are moved so I guess that’s her problem to deal with.
    2) I’m not sure if it’s just me but I think the look on the news persons face screams I’m going to scrub myself raw as soon as possible!
    3) to anyone who doubted that food would be served it definitely was.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

They must not have had any event tables to put food on...

#352 4 years ago
    Quoted from emkay:

He removes all sorts of stuff. One person posted asking what happened to Confetti Arcade in Berkshire mall because she had a bunch of unused tokens. I replied that they had moved some of their machines to Coventry mall and she could use up her tokens there. He deleted my comment and told her they closed, then PM'ed me and said he knew they were at Coventry now but it was a small unmanned location. Didn't affect him one way or the other, just seemed petty. Certainly didn't care about her legitimate question.

Since these are types of actions I am currently seeing by a "business owner", can I rate him on that??

#354 4 years ago
    Quoted from pacmanretro:

Since these are types of actions I am currently seeing by a "business owner", can I rate him on that??

By a downvote to me, I'm guessing no

#355 4 years ago
    Quoted from emkay:

He removes all sorts of stuff. One person posted asking what happened to Confetti Arcade in Berkshire mall because she had a bunch of unused tokens. I replied that they had moved some of their machines to Coventry mall and she could use up her tokens there. He deleted my comment and told her they closed, then PM'ed me and said he knew they were at Coventry now but it was a small unmanned location. Didn't affect him one way or the other, just seemed petty. Certainly didn't care about her legitimate question.

I was also someone who had some things removed...and they weren't negative toward business, just questions.

Ohh well.

#366 4 years ago

Without even being mean, I SINCERELY don't think it is wise to open a new business of ANY kind without as near as can get 100 percent equipment running.

If you go into it upside down, it may greatly increase your likelihood of staying that way or even falling back worse; Very quickly.

#368 4 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

100% of equipment running, and cash flow on hand for at least 3-4 months of potential loss or insufficient profits to cover costs, should that occur.

Sooo...not already closing for a day only a week in; After changing grand opening last minute and saying they will be running all normal hours currently, though?

This comment is at least 3rd one I've seen already about people disappointed after planning on taking child/spouse for birthday etc and either not getting to or not being able to play what they planned on going for.

But comments don't seem to stay up too long.
    Screenshot_2019-07-08-11-12-42 (resized).pngScreenshot_2019-07-08-11-12-42 (resized).pngEffect_20190708_111348 (resized).jpgEffect_20190708_111348 (resized).jpg

#370 4 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

Yeah, I’m not big on social media platforms like FB, etc. But for the life of me I don’t understand why a user is able to remove comments. Doesn’t really paint an honest picture of a company if you can’t see all the comments, good and bad.

I don't use much either, but finally got sucked in a little because of business info pages and various hobby groups. So I thought I was losing it trying to find previous comments/posts on there until some other people mentioned same thing about they can remove.

#380 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The leg bolt gofundme is just around the corner I'm sure.
    Or this angle might work, which seems to be his go to when someone asks him why he only has the ugly shitty cabaret Ms. Pac-Man instead of the full-size that everybody prefers:
    "Games without leg bolts are actually MUCH RARER than games with a full set of 8 leg bolts, and much more desirable!"

LMAO....good one Levi.

#381 4 years ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

Liability insurance, not insurance on the moldy assets.

It's in an LLC, so who knows what the articles of the LLC entail. May be name only and games are "rented" or something...so when that kid that is smashed under machine sues, the llc just folds with little assets to even lose.

#383 4 years ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

I also wonder if he has ground prongs on the power plugs intact on all the machines. Its great when you walk up to a machine, start a game...then feel the tingle.

If you enjoy the tingle, you're supposed to pay extra/tip just like up the road

#384 4 years ago
    Quoted from electricsquirrel:

A little short on leg bolts, I've noticed:[quoted image]

Maybe machines sat too long and bolts dissolved? You know how unreliable those EM parts are!

#402 4 years ago

Earlier topic of FB deletions...did anybody recall the comments a lady was asking about an original Pong?

I wanted to reread it next day, but it appeared gone :/

Since it is supposed to be a "hands on museum", and has older games, people keep asking if he has this or that....most of which go unanswered.

A lady inquired about a classic pong game for friend who would love to play one. His statement was something along the lines of how SUPER rare they are, and how they had almost impossible to get/repair tvs in them.

He said something about them having a special Twist (or twisty maybe?) Tube in them that was like impossible....no idea WTF he was talking about, so I just wanted to re read it thinking maybe I missed something.

Guessing someone pointed out his ignorance/arrogance and....bye bye posts....

#405 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The dude can sling some bullshit with the best of them which is another one of his better qualities when it comes to salesmanship and promotion. He almost had ME thinking that ratty cabaret Ms. Pac-Man is "much more desirable!" than the full-size.
    I hate to belabor the point but can you imagine if the guy had a pair of actual pants? I'm not even kidding, he'd be unstoppable. I know you are reading this Steve, I like your gumption. LET ME BUY YOU PANTS!!!
    You know where to find me!

Now then.....WTF is a twist / twisty tube??? I only had 2 thoughts pop into head when I originally read this....CFL light bulbs or Dairy Queen Twist Cones....

I REALLY wish I would have saved a screenshot to reread later :/

#407 4 years ago
    Quoted from PoBoyPinball:

They all went yesterday. He was closed

They should have gone in middle of week...they were open till midnight on a Thursday work night for many.

Was probably packed though....

#412 4 years ago

I seriously STILL looking for pics of party/event room(s) and the home game console area, and especially the museum items...

Am I missing something?

#419 4 years ago

Freshly finished indoor game room certainly does sound like a nicer place for his equipment than a storage....or wet basement at least, I'll say that

#438 4 years ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:

He’s burned a lot of bridges. It’s gonna take awhile.

Besides, he wrote the run on sentence about pinball repair....he doesn't need veteran techs/collectors showing him up.....well....ok, except maybe how to remove 3 screws from a flipper bushing........

#447 4 years ago
    Quoted from jahbarron:

I got the Dominos.

May I suggest little ceasers 5 dollar pizza instead?....

#479 4 years ago
    Quoted from Matesamo:

The first comment on the post is from someone who has a Buzzy Bee in their local Chuck E Cheese, lol. Although I guess since CeC isn't a retro-arcade he is still the only retro-arcade in the world who has one out in the public.

Don't worry.....a comment like that about someone else having one probably won't make it long

#480 4 years ago
    Quoted from pinlink:

Someone has to be curious enough to go on the 20th, eh?

#483 4 years ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

As a former Ephrata resident... You have tons of pizza choice, but 90% of them are crap. I recommend Two Cousins in Reamstown, above all.
    So you have to ask to out credits on the machine? Is he afraid of his machines getting too much use? Ummmm? Instead of sitting there and doing nothing, he could be walking around and maxing his credits out.

How many pieces of commercial equipment in this business are not in any way capable of being able to handle a free play setup???

Should be VERY few, I would think....

#486 4 years ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

It's not uncommon at all to not have free play settings in 80s (or older) gear. It's why credit switch hacks exist...

Just didn't think that would be too many of the machines there....

#488 4 years ago
    Quoted from brucipher:

Wow...not sure how I missed this thread all this time! Just found it today.
    So my buddy and I went to Gameseum on Saturday. Boy was it depressing! There were games all over the place that had "restoration in process" signs on them, a lot of the arcade games didn't have credits on them with signs stating "ask to have credits added", and the quality of the majority of the games was poor (as others have mentioned, trash games). I didn't know there was such a history with the owner and honestly had not been paying too much attention to any of the news articles or videos. Just wanted to check out the new local arcade.
    My buddy is obsessed with Donkey Kong, and was looking forward to playing it based on a photo he had seen. The game was not there. When my buddy asked the owner where it was, he said it was down and made some comment about how finicky the game is (or something like that). My buddy owns a Donkey Kong and I could tell he thought that was odd.
    The owner was pretty much just sitting around doing nothing, and I thought "shouldn't he be using his time restoring all of these machines?!".
    We spent close to one hour there, and it was such a LONG hour! I was so bored. We were so disappointed we hopped in the car and drove to Pinball Gallery (which I embarrassingly had never been too) and had an AWESOME time! I will definitely be going back there again!
    Sorry, didn't take any pictures, and I doubt I will ever go back

How was the museum setup portion?

How about all the home game systems????

The party room area(s)?

I havent seen a single pic or post about these and am curious.

#490 4 years ago

Just watched as many of them as I could take....didn't see any of the stuff I was asking about above....just white room with bunch of games off, and talk of how rare this and that is and how stuff is on freeplay.

#491 4 years ago

I did notice, in video asking for reviews, 2 things:

1) He asked for people to leave good reviews.

2) He mentioned Yelp as a third review place but asked to use other two.....could that be because Yelp ones can't be deleted at will?

#503 4 years ago

does this make any sense to anybody out there?
    The second paragraph, especially.
    [quoted image]

Yes....I can think of at least one individual this makes sense to and that one believes it is true....I'll give you a hint...

Their games aren't at grandma's anymore.

#505 4 years ago

It is a weird response. I would guess it may not be up long. They even edit out their own videos/responses.

#525 4 years ago
    Quoted from emkay:

lol You ain't wrong. Look for the young Russian girls smoking cigarettes on a back porch just across the street in the parking lot off Poplar. Always different ones but usually three or four of them at a time.

Seriously....jeeze...

It's okay if they have the pacman....just watch out for blinky syndrome.

#528 4 years ago

Nobody offers 30 minutes or less. Or it's free anymore

#532 4 years ago
    Quoted from Pablito350:

For those planning on going, please take copious pictures! I'm curious on the condition of the pinball machines in the Mega arcade. I wonder if Stevie will get his pants all sweated up if he doesn't want people taking pictures of his games. Now that I think of it, has anyone seen pictures of the place other than his??

I keep asking and asking.....

Plus, keep asking for info on museum pieces (thought that was the business concept point behind name that was going to differentiate the trademarked name from other little game rooms).

ALSO STILL haven't heard a word about this whole home system setup.

Both these things were repeatedly mentioned on the LLCs website for a long time, and I want to know how it came out.....

#557 4 years ago

I just noticed FB post from other day that said something about Area51 arcade being worked on....I guess now both pinballers and vid players can share the Galaga

#559 4 years ago
    Quoted from starfighter:

Play Galaga! No waiting ... well some waiting ... check that ... no waiting on Galaga !!

Nah...I'm guessing for 10/Hr, people will be lined up to play NES version of Duck Hunt on an lcd screen

#582 4 years ago
    Quoted from illawarra92:

the thing that really does it for me, if you are going to have long hair, either male or female you really need to look after it.

Yeah. I mean, I am VERY "to each their own" type person with styles etc.

I used to love being me when I was young, but you begin to learn early on that hanging out with friends/doing your own thing is not the same game as being professional or running a business.

Not making a personal comment but in general, scraggly hair and sweatpants doesn't scream "professional" or "come have your event here"... just the truth, not being mean saying that.

#599 4 years ago
    Quoted from brucipher:

Apparently he hasn't heard 32 inch screens aren't that big anymore...[quoted image]

Maybe he should have gone for some 32"+ CRTs....probably find them almost free if you, say had plans on opening a gameroom and decided to keep an eye out over a year ago.

#605 4 years ago
    Quoted from Dooskie:

So again, not defending this kid. And it goes without saying that he's made (and continues to make) a ton of mistakes and bad decisions.
    But.....
    He does have his place open. And while I know there are a couple of you guys that have pinball halls, and have fantastic collections, how many of you have (or can say you have) gotten this far along? It's easy to sit back and pile on, but what was it that Teddy Roosevelt said in his 'arena' speech?
    "It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat."
    Kudo's for that Steven. Hope you can figure a few other things out without getting beat up too bad along the way. And I have no doubt that in 20 years or so, you'll look back at everything you've done the past three years and wonder what the heck you were thinking.

I don't think T.R. ever repeatedly asked for hand outs...though I could be wrong....

Just sayin.

But sure. Nice of you to offer some advice and encouragement.

#616 4 years ago

Just saw FB video on the all new console area that was widely talked about a long time ago.....uhmmm, yeah....

Well, no need for CRTs....systems aren't old enough for it to matter.

4 32" TVs on one folding table. Intended for a total of up to 14 people playing between systems.....uhmmmm.....

No wonder he wouldn't respond to peoples questions on FB about if he was getting CRTs, or even people sounding excited and asking what systems they would have.

Anyway....

Guess we are just waiting on the museum portion of the business/name to get put in before tomorrows grander opening.

Screenshot_2019-07-19-17-43-32 (resized).pngScreenshot_2019-07-19-17-43-32 (resized).png
    #618 4 years ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:

He’s on to something. That’s gonna make a HUGE difference tomorrow. Game changer for sure. Hats off to you Otaku! Good luck

Heck YEAH!

He even mentions how everyone can sit and enjoy playing these games like the expensive
    Goes for 70+ dollar super smash Bros! (Took less than a minute to find one shipped for under 30 on ebay....cough cough...BS....cough).

Just take turns sitting

In fairness, I did see other folding chairs in background by party group area...maybe that can be shared if console people will share drinking fountain or something.

Screenshot_2019-07-19-18-39-39 (resized).pngScreenshot_2019-07-19-18-39-39 (resized).png
    #653 4 years ago

If, in order to start a business, he has scrimped and saved for business capitol, purchased everything himself, gotten everything himself, paid for it himself, moved everything, repaired it all, renovated the store, etc etc etc...all himself (for the most part), then YES! I agree he truly deserves credit!!

If it was majority done through donated money and items, friends' and relatives' finances and hard work, etc....NO, sorry but I can't commend that. ANYBODY of ANY age can stand up and 'say look at me and what I did' if someone else made it happen.

I WILL commend him for having an interest in something like this, and trying. Far too many kids don't want to do crap or even have good, healthy interests/hobbies.

Sadly, it's is hard to get fed bs lines and watch many people in community get talked smack to (Directly or indirectly), etc. by same person over last couple years on multiple platforms.
    Yes, young people definitely have things to learn....but sometimes, when you see people trying to explain things just to help and it is on deaf ears, it really shows arrogance and/or ignorance very quickly...and can just as quickly lead to the downfall of things if not realized and corrected sooner than later...

We will see...

#657 4 years ago
    Quoted from VectorGamer:

I guess why wasn't there a special $10 all day play or special visit from Kinko the Clown or an arcade/pinball tournament? From what I see the grand opening of July 20 came and went without any fanfare...

Honestly....the FINAL official grand opening seemed like the least BOOMBASTIC or advertised thing yet....I was kinda surprised. They said they had to cancel catered food etc last month. SO...I REALLY did expect this was going to be SUPER deep in the BS, GRAND opening; With like food, music, tourneys, party, etc....

Hey, speaking of music....where IS all that music and jukebox stuff that was mentioned a long time ago?

And can we have a "glow party" yet????

After SOO long going on about all the things that will be there, and a website that still boasts most of that, maybe it should have been implemented by now???

#660 4 years ago

My mind was so BLOWN with that new era 30+ year old machine last time, I still haven't recovered!

This comment, I'm gonna guess and say it's a Wonka!!!!!
    Screenshot_2019-07-22-17-10-18 (resized).pngScreenshot_2019-07-22-17-10-18 (resized).png

#662 4 years ago
    Quoted from pacmanretro:

My mind was so BLOWN with that new era 30+ year old machine last time, I still haven't recovered!
    This comment, I'm gonna guess and say it's a Wonka!!!!!
    [quoted image]

It's all good to have vintage machines....but this BS, delusional hype CRAP is going to get old even to locals quickly.....a little humility yet there stevie?????

#666 4 years ago
    Quoted from Ericc123:

That's exactly what I was thinking but then I debated how he could afford one.

He either worked hard, scrimped, and saved.....or, he is already so far in the black with this packed place that it is company funds!

#680 4 years ago

I'm going to have to agree with lies etc. Ontop of ignorance on a number of the kids BS posts....saw someone got real good score on F-14; AWESOME for him. Then Steven has to go on saying how it was in their place only a couple weeks and his customers already have higher score than was EVER put on it at the arcade the game came from....are those magical forever memory batteries in that game? Was machine never cleared before he got it? Exaggerate much kid!?

This one cracked me up that I just saw. Simple honest feedback; response clearly by Steven as it is insane run on defensive talk.

Last line about "most of those" costing more than new Sterns!???....uhmmm yeah... Flat out liar. He has to know better than that. This is a small example of what I believe other poster's points were on here; There is an important difference in wording that makes it hype/exaggeration for your business verses looking a fool or liar.

Sorry for multi pics to look through....hard to fit one of his responses into one screen.

Note: bottom pic was original comment posted, but I messed up order of pics and can't get it back. So read bottom pic first before long response.
    Screenshot_2019-07-23-10-28-45 (resized).pngScreenshot_2019-07-23-10-28-45 (resized).pngScreenshot_2019-07-23-10-28-51 (resized).pngScreenshot_2019-07-23-10-28-51 (resized).pngScreenshot_2019-07-23-10-28-58 (resized).pngScreenshot_2019-07-23-10-28-58 (resized).png
    Effect_20190723_105212 (resized).jpgEffect_20190723_105212 (resized).jpg

#685 4 years ago
    Quoted from GWalton:

Earthshaker is the newest and most technologically advanced? Gimme a break!

See, you need to be educated by watching this pinball guru's latest video so you learn.

Apparently it is an A list game and is one of the best pinball machines of all time according to all around the world.

Also, you NEVER see them, but he has seen a lot of them...and...they are only ever in collector's homes now, but they are also still being operated in diners etc.

Why can't I just look away from the trainwreck sometimes....

#694 4 years ago

L....M....F....A....O...

ALREADY bitching at customers now too!? SERIOUSLY????

And besides that....why the hell isn't this proprietary system working???????

Screenshot_2019-07-23-18-36-00 (resized).pngScreenshot_2019-07-23-18-36-00 (resized).pngScreenshot_2019-07-23-18-36-05 (resized).pngScreenshot_2019-07-23-18-36-05 (resized).png
    #697 4 years ago
    Quoted from yzfguy:

Revolutionary..... A clock.

NO!!!!
    Not a clock!!!

Read again....the customers setting their own timers on their phones apparently.

#699 4 years ago

At least it isn't like the 80s arcades!

Enjoying puting in tokens and having special deal days/times on token purchases etc sucked

#702 4 years ago
    Quoted from emkay:

Somehow his Earthshaker weighs 400 pounds, probably because it's the nicest one he's ever seen BY A MILE. It's also worth noting that Earthshaker is regarded as one of the best and also most classic of all time - and one of the highest regarded machines of all time!
    Was this kid homeschooled or something?
    [quoted image]

Pretty damn funny reading him talk about prices of machines after all his gloating about buying cheap ass stuff over the years, for sure.

ACTUALLY, reading his info on website, yes... I believe he actually was home schooled

#705 4 years ago
    Quoted from Pablito350:

The first time Paul and I went to Pinball Gallery we overstayed our planned time by half an hour. Even though we didn't mind paying the overtime because we had so much fun, the nice lady at the counter didn't roll it over to a full day charge. We were enchanted even more with the place, ensuring our many returns. It's things like this example that endears customers to you. Sure, they might lose a little money at the time, but we saw that they take care of their customers.
    They don't go on social media to blast you for going over 5 minutes. They are adults there, they know what it takes to keep customers coming back and how to keep them happy.
    I have to say I could see something like this coming when he made a point he would fully enforce who can park in their 6 parking spaces. There's no grey area in his world when it comes to things like that. Businesses now live in a social media world, he can erase all the facebook posts he wants, but word will get out. He needs to soften up.

Probably just hurting for the extra couple bucks..before next months bills come in.

#733 4 years ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

Part of me thinks this isn't him, but he has a Jungle Lord in the "museum" also...
    http://www.ephratareview.com/news/gameseum-officially-levels-up-for-a-march-grand-opening/[quoted image][quoted image]

Thought exact same things... im 50/50, but honestly, the other guy seems to be asking light technical questions....and those seem beyond otaku. Although, Otaku seems to log in almost every day lately without posting, so he is definitely lurking and reading. Hopefully he listens to the comments and suggestions he is reading.

#735 4 years ago
    Quoted from djreddog:

It's the same account owner. Just ran the IP address and they match.

If that's true, that's shady bullshit after what he has said about pinside people.

Sorry dude, go somewhere else for help at this point....

#747 4 years ago
    Quoted from JayDee:

Probably because these days it seems 21 yr olds haven’t left the parents house yet, let alone have a full time job

Don't exactly think he has either...

#750 4 years ago
    Quoted from InfiniteLives:

my fav part is the name he used... not very incognito at all...

Idk...I'm sure he thought it was clever

#764 4 years ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

You mean be reasonable, like his local competition?[quoted image]

Nahh....I think he should stick to the game plan of publicly complaining about his customers just a couple days after his official grand opening.

#766 4 years ago

I see FB posts on people asking about newer machines....he claims it's "subjective" and won't really answer other than to talk about earthshaker...and when someone made a comment about it being over 30 years old. Their post got deleted.

I also have reapeatedly seen people ask for lists of games they have available, ask if they will get certain games, etc... with no response.

Also saw someone mention they were more a 90s kid and would love to see a few specific 90s games. Sounded like one specific person was even a current customer. His response was to almost basically make fun of how what he asked for wasn't "classic", so no. They won't get them.

This kid is going to fail miserably as soon as family money runs out....sad he can't learn

#767 4 years ago

What was that about baffle with bullshit....

Screenshot_2019-07-25-19-01-25 (resized).pngScreenshot_2019-07-25-19-01-25 (resized).pngScreenshot_2019-07-25-19-01-38 (resized).pngScreenshot_2019-07-25-19-01-38 (resized).pngScreenshot_2019-07-25-19-01-41 (resized).pngScreenshot_2019-07-25-19-01-41 (resized).png
    #771 4 years ago
    Quoted from cosmokramer:

Showoff...[quoted image]

Notice it was plugged in....NOW THEN! Don't make me delete your comments!!

Edit: we believe in FULL charge to our customers FYI!

#774 4 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

17%, low power mode here and proud of it. Couldn’t charge my phone on Ventura Beach today. [quoted image]

Damn it colsond!! I ACTUALLY tried clicking on bottom of your pic where it said 1 new post. Lmao!

#776 4 years ago

Don't worry....I learned from my mistake

#778 4 years ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

I reached out to Kristy to help her and her family find more modern pins in our area. She's posted a couple different pages looking for more modern pins to play.

Good to hear of people spreading the word of places with pinball to play...ESPECIALLY when you see people asking for it

#812 4 years ago

Gameseum, come for my knowledge, enjoy the broken stuff, stay for the sweatpants.

#817 4 years ago
    Quoted from EricHadley:

[quoted image]

Nothing wrong with Game pride.

#832 4 years ago

Again....brass tacks? Word for this kind of constant shameless business "promotion"?.....it's called liar.

#867 4 years ago

Anybody want to share his comments and actions he makes here with his facebook pals or any other business review sites????

I'm sure it won't matter to him; What with his thousands of dollars a weekend.

Screenshot_2019-07-28-17-09-54 (resized).pngScreenshot_2019-07-28-17-09-54 (resized).png
    #869 4 years ago

Lets assume "several thousand a weekend" means AT LEAST 3K.

And, lets call the weekend fri, sat, and sun....ok then, we are already at minum of 40 people per day average paying for all day passes....and even then, that is Gross not net "making" several thousand.

Unless the people funding it all are letting him keep all the money (and/or it is under the table)....kinda like parents spending 20 bucks on supplies for a kid to have a lemonade stand to make 5 bucks.

#905 4 years ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:

Looks like Otaku is curious too. Seems he logged back on today.

Well, at least one of the accounts has to keep up on a site full of conversation he says he doesn't care about (when not threatening joke leagal actions).

#911 4 years ago

Gameseum - Free speech $25/day for all you can say.

#912 4 years ago

Gameseum - Customers, please stop staying too long.

#926 4 years ago

Someone buy both now....

#943 4 years ago

Gameseum - you won't see games in this condition anywhere else.

#1022 4 years ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

The museum is more science based than history based...I think that is the main hiccup.
    Various degrees of mold culture are on display for patrons to touch and feel, and there are a series of physics exhibits titled "How many bolts do you really need to hold the legs on a pinball machine?"

Is there an exact science to how many customers can sit around one folding table of consoles?

Or do we have to read books such as "A Brief History of Time" to fully understand what is going on?

#1030 4 years ago
    Quoted from ZNET:

The Silverball Museum on the Asbury Park, NJ boardwalk is phenomenal. They've got an incredibly diverse selection of pinball, arcade and video games, including uber rare vintage titles like Gottlieb TKO, Gottlieb EM Joker Poker, Gottlieb Challenger (head-to-head 2 player), United Deluxe Star Super Slugger pitch & bat, Kasco Ninja Gun arcade, and rare modern titles such as Stern Beatles (Diamond edition, only 100 made, $20K - $25K game).
    Classics in the line-up include everthing from Midway Flying Turns to Bally Medusa to Williams Banzai Run to Bally Twilight Zone. There's probably an Earthshaker there, as well. . .not sure.
    They have classic EM rifle games, shuffle alleys, bubble hockey and a photo booth. Prefer newer games? Then, play Dialed In, Wizard of Oz or a modern Stern, which are all there (although the owner rotates games with his Florida location).
    Silverball has several skeeball, shuffle alley and other more prototypical games as well. There's a good snack bar as well.
    From what I gather, it appears that Marcade is also fashioning itself as a diverse, professional business operation, also in NJ. It would behoove any arcade operator, especially Gameseum, to take cues from the Silverball Museum about how to successfully create and operate an arcade, in my view.
    Now that I've posted these photos, I can't wait to return to Silverball![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Dang, it certainly looks good!

I definitely understand Gameseum is not of that size (or trying to be), but a smaller local place...but certainly a lot can be taken from how other places are setup/run; And be easier to achieve physically and financially on a smaller scale.

One of the other concerns Gameseum should take into account beyond grand opening sales and keeping people coming back, is factoring in that last week was their BIG town event for the year; NOT your typical local weekend.

Kinda like a seasonal tourist town....take the money when in season, but you can't expect to just sit back the rest of the year and expect same results to always be there.

Just an opinion and legit comments.

#1033 4 years ago
    Quoted from emkay:

What town event are you referring to? The only "BIG" town event I can think of is the annual fair but that's not until the last week in September.

Oops, yeah....my mistake! The way I saw all the FB stuff on this event already, I thought it was July (I.e. this last weekend).

Sorry about that.

Ok, so he may get a bunch of business then....or....NO business based on carnival that is in town wanting it.

Sorry, I guess I had read too much into fameseum's FB hype and thought that that was a current event.

Edit: "Fameseum" really was a typo!.....but I'll leave it

#1052 4 years ago
    Quoted from emkay:

I'll make sure I add that to my rounds. I try to stop in places like that and ask about pinball, just so they keep having to say no. My wife hates it but I try to drag the whole family in and then sadly walk out.
    There's a bowling alley in Peenixville* that pulled their pins a couple years ago, I still go in and ask now and then.
    * - read the police logs, they're hysterical

Lol, I do something way more pointless....my local italian restaurant/pizza place doesnt have onion rings. They are a full restaurant, bar, pizza place etc with large menu and every other bar appetizer etc....but no onion rings.

So every time I stop in or call, I ask if they have onion rings.

A couple months ago, I placed an order of 2 pizzas, pop, wings, mushrooms, etc for people coming over. Then I asked for onion rings. They said no, so I cancelled order and called next place.

Didn't seem to make a difference, but I like the ideology of it working for pinball

#1054 4 years ago
    Quoted from pinlink:

How many of those 1,800 people will actually return?

Maybe they should keep repairing and have a Grandester+++ opening soon to attract them back?

#1074 4 years ago
    Quoted from easye9901:

I was pondering going this weekend just to walk around and see what its like (since I'm so close). Not really trying to go if there is mold, anyone notice a smell walking in?[quoted image]

Didn't see this review yet. If it sticks around long enough, I'm curious what people have to say.

I'm honestly kinda surprised since it is all so new inside that it would be like that.

In fairness, maybe it is just old game smell???

Mildew/mold....no beuno!
    Old game smell...muy beuno!

#1082 4 years ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:

ooh that smell, can’t you smell that smell?
    [quoted image]

Dear customer...thank you for your honest review. Sorry I dumpster dive and place in my business instead of storage or garage or grandma's basement.....please accept a full day pass free of charge from us, and we hope that you will be able to leave an appropriate review of your next visit as well.

Thank you for your patronage.

Ohh wait....

#1091 4 years ago

The pricing doesn't sound right, honestly...but I haven't been involved in it for a while.

#1104 4 years ago

LmFAo at oldtaco warnings and threats and misspelled legal words etc....

Dude, really....how can you talk SO much shit about pinsiders/klovers after all the help, then people respond to it as they would be expected to, then you say you are gone forever multiple times, then you say you don't care, but then you keep jumping back in with more crazy child arrogant threats and unbacked bs???

Man...just learn some humility and stop talking out your A$$....and maybe some day people will be on your side again.

But we have all seen this SO many times....so never mind.

I'm in for a few bucks towards available sites/names/etc now.

#1114 4 years ago
    Quoted from Spencer:

You steal from people and lie to others, but you're humbled. Makes sense to everyone.

Probably THOUSANDS of rules broken

#1115 4 years ago

Do lifted trucks get all the girls....and wives? Asking for a friend...

#1126 4 years ago

I'm, frankly, personally amazed that he has enough time to spare on a Saturday night to even respond on here while raking in the thousands.

#1129 4 years ago
    Quoted from Otaku:

Just enjoying the view. Too busy to work on games on weekends... just isn't room for it with all the people all day, and you don't want to get in their way. Any operator will tell you the same. So I've been enjoying the view and watching dinner and a movie... err, popcorn and Pinside

Post pics.

#1139 4 years ago
    Quoted from Otaku:

Too busy to work on games on weekends... just isn't room for it with all the people all day, and you don't want to get in their way. Any operator will tell you the same.

That's a good one there....'I like that, I think I'll leave it up for all to enjoy'.

Boy! If I had a buck for every time I walked in to repair a game on the floor and it pissed off customers....ohh wait, I'd be broke.

Bar, restaurant, fun center, game room, etc....most customers always seem happy you are fixing something so they can play it, or even more so, they are curious about what you are doing (which admittedly can be a bit much if it is a packed bar of drunks or something). But they are almost always happy they can start playing again and rarely do they not give you a little space if you need and ask nicely for it.

A large helpful suggestion would be to.....ohh never mind...

#1141 4 years ago
    Quoted from GWalton:

Is there a problem with that?
    You DO realize you're in Ephrata, right? Half your clientele probably drives lifted trucks.

Not clientele anymore if they read this stuff he posts

#1152 4 years ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

Do you guys think Steve will be like Tim Arnold and donate a boatload of money to the Salvation Army? Nah, I don't...

Lmfao....bizzaro world opposite!

#1170 4 years ago
    Quoted from Otaku:

Also, regarding the trademark, it's a federal crime to illegitimately register a mark that you aren't intending to use in good faith, but more importantly since this is clearly not a moral argument: it's also impossible to file for a mark "just because" - within a legal statement of use you must provide pictures upon pictures and a billion different descriptions of a mark being used in commerce, being used under the classes and terms you registered it for, etc... Your $800 investment in trying to troll a trademark would've not gone well whether or not I had it already and beyond. It is far more than just "finders keepers"... it's setup that way to prevent squatting of good marks (i.e. domain names, Pinside usernames). Even on an intent-to-use basis, you have about 6 months before you must submit and pay even more registration fees. It would have never worked and at that price your attorney would have been laughing all the way to the bank... I feel kind of bad for you if he said A) it could be done B) it was like... $800.

There are too many all over the place things in this to even begin...but it's, well...an interesting view from a very small window let's just say.

#1178 4 years ago
    Quoted from Flowst:

Steven,
    Here is what I would love to read from you:
    1) Your experiences, growing pains and what you have learned from opening an arcade.
    2) Your business model and thoughts on adapting it as you grow.
    3) Ideas for growth as you get a better idea of customers needs, habits and expectations.
    4) Reasons why you feel Pinsiders/hobbyists/locals should come to experience the arcade.
    Can't help but think many of us would enjoy reading that, and it may remove some of the negativity ever present in this thread.
    Thanks,
    Jim

See, I can't agree with that. I agree with good to be reflecting on those points....but I can NOT agree that there are many people here that want to read an incoherent, 10 paragraph, it's not my fault, run on sentence....just sayin.

#1180 4 years ago

Is "gameseum" an open Tm, state, or federal?

Just curious...

#1182 4 years ago

Just a general curiosity while we were on subject of that sort of thing. Never mind, wasn't of any inportance specifically.

1 week later
    #1189 4 years ago

Yeah....hype is SO played out that it isn't even worth making fun of the narcissistic delusional lies any longer.........

The exaggeration WAY beyond business hyping has become just plain sad....

When I see actual pics on here of a "busy" business; Along with the pics of over a hundred games, museum collection pieces, and an atmosphere so much better than the arcades of the day (as the claims have been), I will be sure to continue posting how I feel about it.

Until then, I think there isn't much else to bother saying...

#1191 4 years ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:

I’m not really in to popcorn but I love pistachios.

Miss the 'xyz does it xxx style' commecials

#1192 4 years ago

Snoop Dogg does it habitually

abc_pistachios_ad_130203_wg (resized).jpgabc_pistachios_ad_130203_wg (resized).jpgimages-1 (resized).jpegimages-1 (resized).jpegsnoop-1 (resized).jpgsnoop-1 (resized).jpg
    #1195 4 years ago
    Quoted from chad:

I think there was animal abuse??

FIRST of all! It is rude to spit...

SECOND, that is NOT the pistachio way!

#1203 4 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

What do you mean? It’s beyond comfortable to sit on a metal chair and play video games for four hours. Especially if you like hemorrhoids.

I think it's pronounced Asteroids. It's a rare game I think.

#1209 4 years ago

Don't a lot of game places open in early afternoon and then have extended summer/weekend hours for this very type of reason?

#1218 4 years ago

Maybe... but how many visitors will return again after their 1st visit or become regular customers if the machines don’t change and no new machines are added?
    And by adding new machines I mean machines released in the last 1-5 years not Earthshaker which was released in 1989.
    It doesn’t matter how many old games or A++ classic video games are added to the row. Unless that is Playing galaga on the original machine becomes the latest craze with customers lined up deep like in the old days when real arcades would add 3-5 of the same new machine just so customers didn’t have to wait to play.
    As much as I wish, those days are gone forever!

Don't need that...just need a single multicade....then you can claim you have ALL the classics!

1 week later
    #1247 4 years ago

Sorcerer is a good older pin. That one certainly will need a fair amount of work before it should be used on a gameroom floor daily; unless you want a bare wood playfield.

Hopefully he will be able to get all that done nicely and get it playing well again.

#1248 4 years ago

Ohh...what the heck is a prototype transistor????

2 months later
    #1317 4 years ago
    Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

shit, with "hundreds of hours of soldering" that solder job looks like a first try effort.

They meant on that board.

#1319 4 years ago
    Quoted from yzfguy:

LMAO!
    Plus, you know that "they" is "him" speaking about himself in the third person.

Just like almost every post sounds like it is on FB, etc.

I know similar things have been repeatedly said about self promotion; Not a bad thing within reason...
    But so SO much of this stuff is insanely over the top and full of false information/exaggeration/flat out lies/etc. that it is hard not to just keep laughing at, at this point.

1 week later
    #1357 4 years ago

Personally, I like the novella written about "the truth".

The saying isn't just 'the truth and nothing but the truth' there's a part in there about the WHOLE truth...

Why no mention of the nasty outlashes towards community on here and on klov etc. Or deleted or ignored posts of people's questions on FB. Or comments about other peoples' wives etc....doubt his wife/girlfriend would appreciate that kind of behavior.

Yeah, sorry...I don't see much change in attitude even when people have tried stopping in and saying good things along with criticisms....not great PR skills for a business owner to have....

#1398 4 years ago

After all the posts recently, I can't help but share this facebook post that gamesome put up a couple weeks ago.

I have No comment...
    Effect_20191101_082424 (resized).jpgEffect_20191101_082424 (resized).jpg

#1402 4 years ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

Otaku should just man up and pay to have your escalera repaired!

Would probably try to pay for it in "charity passes" to gamesome....

#1412 4 years ago
    Quoted from GWalton:

The only one in existence, right?

Rarer and more desirable than even a cabaret Ms. Pac!!!

1 week later
    #1431 4 years ago

Saw Gameseum offered free all day to all vets on Monday.

Galloping Ghost did this as well.

No bs or jokes; Good job guys.

6 months later
    #1502 3 years ago

My family is hungry....

I can't sell games out of my business....
    besides, if I sold some excess inventory, local people might see them and buy them; you guys in the collector community understand that gamers and collectors can't just have that opportunity in a small town area. I need them ALL.

By the way, does anybody know where I can get more asteroids or pole positions?

Effect_20200515_232926 (resized).jpgEffect_20200515_232926 (resized).jpg

#1523 3 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

I humbly stand corrected. I meant that the lame artwork looked like it had been done on a TRS-80.

HEY, now we're bashing trash 80s!!!???

Ok, I'll admit....trs-80 is no color computer 2 or 3

#1526 3 years ago

Is it still PC to use the term when discussing setting my car's timing? It's not advanced....it's....ohh nevermind.

#1548 3 years ago
    2h60xg (resized).jpg2h60xg (resized).jpg
    #1550 3 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Damn he looks sharp!
    But it looks to me like you are just trying on pants, not buying them. Still, baby steps!

I think black jeans look more professional for a business operator than blue, but definitely a better look.

Maybe a compromise is in order.....furry jeans

7303c35432088814575ba0daaba05cf322cc5a9bv2_hq (resized).jpg7303c35432088814575ba0daaba05cf322cc5a9bv2_hq (resized).jpg
    #1553 3 years ago

Somebody please read above for me and post a cliffs notes version.....

All I read was no no, I mean it this time.....again and had to stop.

#1557 3 years ago

LMFAO....REALLY guys! I mean it! I'm gonna run away because I know I'm right....

And I've NEVER had problems on klov....honest. <same people shaking their head>

And Facebook is great, full of different people that are better than you <same people shaking their head....and watching him delete any posts he doesn't like>

I mean it this time guys....... <retells fairytale version of basement story as if it isn't documented in original thread over and over>

Hope EVERYONE hurt by covid one way or another pulls thru strong. I sincerely do!

The rest of the show is someone's own doing...

#1559 3 years ago
    Quoted from yzfguy:

Holy Hell....
    Pretty confident that wasn't your last post. And your account is still active.

Yeah....but last post was like 6 years ago or something

#1589 3 years ago
    Quoted from XeXPinball:

Otaku posted something about this before he left and I looked into it. I was surprised how many popped up, looks like something everybody is doing.
    In a world of this being common the saving grace is he didn't make his own, the cafe did, which is nice. With how much these people are getting I wouldn't blame him if he did, GoFundMe is hot right now
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Is oldtaco back already!???

Lmao...okay okay, who called it first!

IP check?? @mods

Screenshot_2020-05-22-10-21-59 (resized).pngScreenshot_2020-05-22-10-21-59 (resized).pngScreenshot_2020-05-22-10-24-01 (resized).pngScreenshot_2020-05-22-10-24-01 (resized).png

#1590 3 years ago
    Quoted from XeXPinball:

Otaku posted something about this before he left and I looked into it. I was surprised how many popped up, looks like something everybody is doing.
    In a world of this being common the saving grace is he didn't make his own, the cafe did, which is nice. With how much these people are getting I wouldn't blame him if he did, GoFundMe is hot right now
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

As a noob to here, maybe look at this persons track record first before magically making this your first post....

WOW, I'm sure fooled

#1593 3 years ago

Well, funny how you signed up same day he was gone, isn't it?

I would suggest reading more into his history here before going to bat.

Fyi, you posted one place twice and another place that deactivated their gofundme in a hasty attempt to post.

How much did you donate after seeing all his previous actions here and his refusal to listen to advice or sell excess inventory to keep business open??

I don't exactly think everybody is on the band wagon of repeated handouts, then buying up everything, then refusal to sell but making sure to bring up accepting handouts again.

#1594 3 years ago
    Quoted from XeXPinball:

Also trying to spread the word of these other great causes to the like-minded individuals here:
    Timeline Arcade COVID Fund - https://www.gofundme.com/f/timeline-arcade-virus-relief-2020
    Save High Scores Arcade - https://www.gofundme.com/f/gofundmecomfsave-the-arcade
    Logan Arcade Relief Fund -
    https://www.gofundme.com/f/logan-arcade-staff-relief-fund

Yes, you already did that.

#1597 3 years ago
    Quoted from pacmanretro:

Well, funny how you signed up same day he was gone, isn't it?
    I would suggest reading more into his history here before going to bat.
    Fyi, you posted one place twice and another place that deactivated their gofundme in a hasty attempt to post.
    How much did you donate after seeing all his previous actions here and his refusal to listen to advice or sell excess inventory to keep business open??
    I don't exactly think everybody is on the band wagon of repeated handouts, then buying up everything, then refusal to sell but making sure to bring up accepting handouts again.

Why downvotes but not answer question stevie????

Edit:
    I see you (not stevie at all, honest) are just going around downvoting anything said that wasn't positive about otaku now.
    Even mods...
    Guess I'm not so special after all

#1601 3 years ago
    Quoted from yzfguy:

Well,welcome aboard. Unfortunate coincidence that you suddenly discovered pinside and joined when he left and you are downvoting the people who called him out for his nonsense.

See what you get for saying welcome aboard!??

#1602 3 years ago

Link to more opinions from new member for those that missed it...

Enjoy being downvoted.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/arcade-gofundmes-for-covid-good-cause#post-5660397

#1607 3 years ago

Told me in a PM his name is Bryan....so must obviously not be taco.

Even trolled me trying to egg on by encouraging me to publicly post his pm....for some reason. Weird.....

#1608 3 years ago

For a brand new pinsider, he sure learned fast how to list his machines, enter initials, post new threads in correct group, add polls to thread, up/down vote, etc.

Good job Bryan

#1610 3 years ago
    Quoted from yzfguy:

For the record, I know Bryan. He is just trying to help out because his friend is in need. He's got a good heart and is really just trying to do the right thing. Just kidding, it's otaku.

DAMN IT yzf.....You had me for a second!!

#1613 3 years ago

Probably not a bad thing. We can keep it here.
    That wasn't a good thread like others on that category probably are...

#1625 3 years ago
    Quoted from pacmanretro:

Is oldtaco back already!???
    Lmao...okay okay, who called it first!
    IP check?? @mods
    [quoted image][quoted image]

Guessing that IP got checked

Effect_20200523_075929 (resized).jpgEffect_20200523_075929 (resized).jpg
    #1626 3 years ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

For his alleged first day on Pinside, Otaku.....errrrrr......I mean Xexpinball, is already breaking some Pinside records.
    [quoted image]

It was pretty impressive! Maybe the lowest I've seen in such a short time!

Quoted from jibmums:

I'm dying to see a new member with the screenname "NotOtaku".

Do we start a new screenname speculation?

Effect_20200523_075852 (resized).jpgEffect_20200523_075852 (resized).jpg
    #1631 3 years ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

I've never seen this in all my time on Pinside.
    The three people that had previously upvoted him apparently changed their mind.
    [quoted image]

I believe his comments in Lloyds thread were removed. So he lost those up/downs as well. Notice difference in screenshots in my two different posts just above.

Glad....he had NO business disrupting that thread IMO.

2 weeks later
    #1738 3 years ago
    Quoted from Mitch:

If you make a tiny donation you can leave whatever comments you want.... just saying

Can you add a comment with a link here?

Just wondering if people should be well informed of where their money may go. Or why it's needed before inventory sales...

#1740 3 years ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:

The rarest and most sought after pinball machine in the world has been found on eBay. Holly cow!
    [quoted image]

I'm assuming it has a make offer option in case you want to offer more than the buy it now?

#1779 3 years ago
    Quoted from GoodBadUgly:

Holy crap, he was asking for $15,000

Well YEAH....I mean that's probably only the equivalent of the net profits from like 2 weekends anyway, right?

#1796 3 years ago

Since there were multiple comments made previously by him about how they were giving back to the community by giving out free passes (As If that costs a dime out of pocket unless building is at max capacity), maybe the next fundraiser can be paid to them by giving them passes to places?

1 week later
    #1862 3 years ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:

That answers that question. It sure would be kind if someone local would donate a few new games to the “museum”. Hint hint.

Or offer to buy some to free up some cash easily

1 week later
    #1891 3 years ago

Talks a lot, says nothing.

OMG! He would have been an AMAZING candidate and probably a number one poster in the "nothing" thread!!!

#1893 3 years ago

I like this line: "... that's just me... I'm super neutral..."
    are there degrees of neutral?
    He seems to like the word "unhumanlike" too. Is that really a word?
    Pure entertainment!

I believe super neutral is some type of ghost.

#1908 3 years ago

YEAH, but this is how it is envisioned....and written about in FB lore

Effect_20200701_102458 (resized).jpgEffect_20200701_102458 (resized).jpg
    #1911 3 years ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:

Can we delete chapters 1 and 2? Chapter 3 clears it up!
    [quoted image]
    Knew there would be a chapter 3.

What.do you suppose he means by saying if someone doesn't wear a mask they are doing so at their own risk???

Wearings masks or not, the concept is to lower OTHERS' risk from YOU.....not their risk....

An entire novela on the subject and point still poorly executed...

#1941 3 years ago

I bet Texas doesnt have bigger Gofundme though!

#1943 3 years ago

Well yeah....it's JUST in case money....You know, in case it's needed some other time....

Even though there hasn't been a single extra dime given in over 3 weeks.

#1957 3 years ago

To be honest, I had to reread it like 3 times before I got what he meant....

I kept reading it as the games BREAK in minutes. I really DID; And didn't understand why he would post that at first.

#1971 3 years ago
    Quoted from crazypinballguy:

I agree with pookycade ... I had posted earlier in this thread that while a G.F.M. sounds tempting it doesn't feel right for a business that has assets they can sell to stay afloat.
    That being said, my pinball lounge traffic is way, way down, so I might have to start selling some stuff.
    Anybody want to buy 1,000 t-shirts? [quoted image][quoted image]

Do you sell matching sweatpants?

#1977 3 years ago
    Quoted from Bull:

I agree with o e off the above posts.
    I give the kid credit! He is trying to love his dream! I wish I would have done that!!
    He gets bashed a lot for reasonable purposes, however he is giving it a shot.
    I am not at all defending him though.
    I have been reading these threads about him since day one. The GoFundMe stuff is all a joke.
    He comes off in his message as an arrogant ass who is smarter than the average Joe!
    I would love to see his “magic wand” skills as I went to school for 6 months to learn how to properly solder electronics and have been for 25 years.
    His years of experience doesn’t even come close to most of the people on here, including myself I never ran a route but I fixed my fair share of machines helping people just for the satisfaction of keeping them running.
    However as they say, as they say about publicity none is bad!!
    Meaning I almost want to drive 3 hours to go see this train wreck.
    And when he says “magic wand” I pray he is talking about a soldering iron and not something else!!

having clocked many many hours under eye loupe or microscope soldering, when he can properly change out 0402 SMD components by hand with his "magic wand", then I'll be impressed.

Although.....now that I think about it....a tiny magic wand or requiring digital microscopes to handle the work may not wind up sounding all that impressive

Never mind; Now that I think of it that way, I'm gonna go bust out an Ungar like 200 watter!!

#2015 3 years ago

Let's see some opinions....who else has already seen a years worth of novellas requiring skimming at best since the triumphant I'm different this time this time return?

Just curious

#2030 3 years ago

Am I actually seeing him say how much better they planned than most etc etc. And that they are doing good on recovering (yet still asking for money)!??

Just curious....will XeXPinball be having a business account too?

#2037 3 years ago

If there was ever going to be a pinside thread of best quote of the week, this would certainly be a good condidate
    giphy.gifgiphy.gif

#2044 3 years ago
    Quoted from edward472:

Shouldn't you be running your business right now instead of dicking around on Pinside........

That's why the pinside "business account" will 'not be run by him'

#2049 3 years ago
    Quoted from Otaku:

Crayola. No RoseArt BS around here.

Gofundme makes high end crayons more affordable

#2051 3 years ago
    Quoted from Otaku:

Waiting to flip the breakers on at 12. Until then, it's fun times with Pinside

Or you could go hustle on making a game sale or doing a side gig of some kind to help afford to keep your own business afloat and take down your gofundme

#2053 3 years ago
    Quoted from edward472:

Never met a business owner that only worked during their business' hours

NOPE! Me either!

#2065 3 years ago
    Quoted from La4s:

Hope you are reporting the GoFundMe as business income on your books. I'm sure the IRS would be interested in seeing those books.

This is all he has to tell them if they call...

2078c48f3a9017934b26f8832bd0f916 (resized).jpg2078c48f3a9017934b26f8832bd0f916 (resized).jpg
    #2074 3 years ago
    Quoted from edward472:

Why are you still here and not running your business.....

He is...let a couple customers in, use computer for a minute, brag about it on social media, sit back down and check gofundme accounts and pinside/klov.

#2076 3 years ago
    Quoted from Palmer:

He is talking about your fake account where you pretended to be someone else. Have an answer now?

Who tried saying publicly to me that they would donate money to a game place if I did....well....I did.....what happened on their end?

#2086 3 years ago
    Quoted from Flowst:

10,000 customers per year?
    Assuming you are open every day (never sick, no holidays etc) that works out to 27.4 customers per day. Let's call it 30 to be fair.
    Each person spending $25, that is $750 daily revenue; with an annual revenue of $273,750 excluding any unknowns like vending machine income etc.
    Why solicit go-fund me's?
    Why the lack of new titles, or redemption games?
    Why haven't you made good on old debts?
    I have to ask, for clarification....What is your business plan, or growth strategy?
    - Jim

I did this math, figured how many people per hour average he would see etc. After he said he had 2 today....

WasI going to comment, but just shook my head and stopped myself. Lol

#2099 3 years ago
    Quoted from Flowst:

I have seen all of the acrimony in this thread. Some may be appropriate.
    Regardless, you deserve credit for starting a new business, even more so at your younger age. I admire your pinball selections too. I hope you can reach new audiences and inspire the appreciation that we had as kids.
    To be fair though, most of the modern arcade locations rely heavily on food and drink sales. Ticket redemption games appeal in that "kiddie casino" aspect. As they are heavily corporate, success is contingent on profit, not fun. The pandemic is weeding out a lot of these struggling locations.
    Why no new titles if you are as successful as you say? Wouldn't the Stern offerings, or CGC remakes be a feasible addition? Maybe even rotate games in and out of the line up?
    - Jim

Are you thinking he needs to be egged on into even longer rants and have more millennial illusions of self granger or further have self ego stroked?

#2106 3 years ago

Any comments I ever left or questions I asked on Facebook always got deleted.

#2112 3 years ago
    Quoted from 1974DeltaQueen:

Older folks? You mean experienced and educated persons with MBA’s , Engineering Degrees, scientists, technicians, and managerial positions in marketing ? Yeah Dipshit we know all about Social Media and various electronic forms of advertising. What else we know is you’re a sniveling little snot who will never grow up, man up, or have any sense of financial responsibility. The cool thing is you’re blocked from my tired eyes so I cannot read the 7000 word full of yourself steaming pile of shit posts.

You know, back in my day young man, we didn't talk to millennial like that! But thats because the telegraph system took forever as a social media review service

Nothing like still hearing same oldtaco still being biased against older, more experienced people......shocking.....

#2114 3 years ago
    Quoted from Da_Vagrant:

You said 10,000 customers weren't necessarily @$25/each, but you'd probably need 12,000 @$25 to pull a surgeon's income. You need to get your story straight
    I suppose one thing in your favour... You're not the only person struggling: I do see many go-fund-me campaigns for doctors and surgeons these days. In fact, my favourite coffee shop just started collecting money for a local cardiac surgeon

Maybe we need to start a gofundmyass for this good doctor so he can afford to visit the tacocade.

231bve (resized).jpg231bve (resized).jpgimages-3 (resized).jpegimages-3 (resized).jpeg
    #2128 3 years ago

Ohhh, are we talking about people's wives again? Just wondered....

#2148 3 years ago

Good thing he's (NO REALLY I mean it THIS time) being so much cooler about everything than before....just like he said

#2159 3 years ago
    Quoted from Otaku:

have never interacted with you

Uhmm, hey Stevie......YEAH. I actually defended you numerous times early on before your poor actions a long time ago. I also reached out to you personally, but you ignored it. I also offered sound advice numerous times to help.

I also sent you messages of encouragement and support a long time ago; to which you never could even be bothered to take the time to respond to. You posted novels about how you didn't have time to respond to people or their messages though; kind of a slight, fyi.

You have continually fueled things, insulted people, mocked people, had nasty things to say about people's wifes, tried various accounts, etc. etc.

YES, I HAVE interacted with you plenty. You are simply too ignorant and vain....and frankly narcessistic, to realize it or to realize how treating people in this manner affects you or your business.

I asked LEGIT (and not even negative) questions on facebook before to which my comments were deleted and/or ignored.

I saw over and over again others' comments and questions reach this same fate on anything you had control over removing.

So AGAIN, yes; YES we HAVE interacted.

With over TEN THOUSAND customers a year, how can you assume I never was there by the way? Just curious. But no, for the record, I couldn't be paid to enter your facility after how you have interacted (and continue to interact) with myself and SO many others.

I have tried offering advice, support, defense, smart ass attitude in hopes you will catch on etc. etc.

I have also simply stated my opinions and jokes on here as I am publicly allowed to. And without having to give farewell speeches and run away over and over; or say I'm better than all the old timers that made this stuff even possible etc etc.

I am SHOCKED you continue to disrespect so many and strut your arrogance, but feel it is everyone else's fault.

You know how you said younger people are just better at understanding internet stuff etc? Well....guess there are some things middle aged and older aged generations are just plain better at understanding too.

Best wishes in figuring things out sooner than later for your own sake.

Now then, let's get back to our reguarly scheduled program.

Ohh, and thanks for forcing me into an otaku length post. Lol.

Sorry about that Banger

#2160 3 years ago
    Quoted from Otaku:

Well, I was ideally hoping to source the parts and save him the trouble (and also the money being tight too, but still)... Randy, when I rented one earlier this year (same model) I took a look at what you possibly meant... you said the lifting arms, and that make sense, not much else down there. I've tried hard to source the lifting arm(s) the last few months (may need to buy the chains with them? Seems like one assembly, but can't find that either), and was actually hoping to stop over in person to install them for you, but I can only seem to source the rubber feet which surely isn't what you need. Whether you get somebody to bend that one back, or find a replacement, let me know your cost and I'll make it right as soon as I physically can (this month or next), and would be happy to come visit and help you physically if you need an extra set of hands in making this right. I would also love to send some extra for your kindness when I'm able. Had no idea anything was awry until it was brought to my attention in this thread years later, I wish I knew earlier. Even teenage me would've made that one right had I known, I always respected what you did for me and have a little more class than Pinside likes to let on. I continued to use it after the incident no problem so I hope you've been able to use it since... I'm embarrassed I didn't look close enough to notice anything, and didn't bring it up because I thought all was well/not even a scratch and was very ashamed of my slip-up. Obviously now knowing it did infact have damage, it's an entirely different situation, and I definitely want to make it right. You did a lot for me and I really have always appreciated it deeply.

Since you offered money, said you would, etc etc. And he didn't ask for parts....he is clearly asking for a check, maybe you should just pay the man for damages done by you. Frankly, and ESPECIALLY after all this time and effort, you should pay the repair bill of him dropping it off at a shop or give him extra monies for his labor time of the repair. Not right he should eat it after yet another person was simply trying to help you.

Or...to summerize as previously stated much more eloquently than I..... #paytheboob

#2180 3 years ago
    Quoted from Otaku:

Lol, because none of this means shit. I know you've never visited - you live in Illinois, and I can't imagine you made the voyage for lil' ol' me, given how angry you are. And if you HAD visited in disguise or even not, you'd have a different opinion, because I would have treated you with extreme respect, consideration, and kindness like I do everybody in my life, especially my customers. Pinside is the exception, and I've definitely treated some people HERE like shit, and I apologize for that, but that's the exception (and was almost always me dishing it back at half the severity). Again, there's no lessons to be learned here because how I treat people on Pinside is not how I treat people in general, not even close. None of this applies to my life. It's a skewed image of myself because here I have to act a certain way to get a point across, and generally defend myself against the hounds any time I want to try and post here. Stop for a minute, and put yourself in my situation here and think how the hell you would come up with a response to all of this - there's no perfect way, and it's definitely a big one-step-forward-two-steps-back situation any time Pinside gets fired up about something, especially when most of it is lies like the big fundraiser hoax. I'm not about to apologize for something I didn't do. When you have to be in defense mode 100% of the time on here you have to act a certain way. This happens time and time again here with people like Kaneda, Moberg, and others, and you wonder why - Pinside is so vicious it doesn't let people be themselves and have a chance for redemption, and eventually they paint you as so much worse than what you really are, you may as well just say "fuck it". You're all out of touch, completely. My life in comparison is peaceful and I'm not in "defense mode" in my normal life, and just live normally and respectfully - I'm not "Otaku" any time I log off of here, nor do any of these mannerisms connect to who I actually am, my personality here is basically a farce, a product of having to do an unnecessary explanation for anything I do, put up with this BS, 20-30 bored and sorry grown men hanging out in the basement ganging up on a teenager at once on the internet and seeing what the hell happens for fun, and the wonderful part of the internet is most of the stuff anybody types comes off wrong at times too. This is an incredibly different situation and perhaps you should be more understanding of why I act the way I do here (and not in my daily life) and why it is necessary. It's really just stupid at this point, and has nothing to do with my life, how I run my business, or how I treat people - I'm actually commended quite a bit of my people skills, and I really go out of my way on a daily basis to be one of the nicest and most respectful people in town, in a world of many people who generally are lacking in that department. I'm a totally different person outside of Pinside, one that certainly exceeds all of your little life lessons and recommendations, so stop trying to teach me a lesson - because I already learned all these little things years ago, even if it doesn't show here in this weird little situation. Heck yeah, I may be a dick on Pinside, but you shouldn't base that on how I am as a person at all - I'm just matching the energy and the room of everybody else, but that's a rare exception to my usual kind and mature behavior, Pinside is the exception not the rule for sure. Sure, my people skills may be lacking on Pinside, but I'm not about to be licking the boots of the guys who have insulted me down to the core and continue to do so, and certainly not act like any of these buffoons have anything useful to teach by being passive-aggressive, holier than thou, and rude for 4 years. Don't you think anybody who wants to "teach" me something would've reached out privately or not at all, not put me on the spot in public for upvotes? It's all for personal gain and I know none of you genuinely care, and that's just how it is. It's a shit show. Respect me and I'll respect you - nobody here respects me, and that's just the way it is. I don't care, but don't expect it back, we're all adults here. Oh, and I don't want some wordy explanation on why I have to earn your respect in response to this, because frankly I don't give a damn at this point - I have no desire to know anybody in this thread, mend any of these relationships, and this is a very niche thing I'd be happy to leave behind in whole and just burn the bridge. It's not an accurate picture of me or my life, and it doesn't affect my life. It's so distorted and laughable at this point it's just worth tossing the whole thing out, because this is like my weird little fake reality with a select few guys thousands of miles away, compared to a much larger picture nobody here seems to grasp and shouldn't be a part of anyways. If I was genuinely anything like you think I am, I would be very lonely, and VERY unsuccessful - I am neither. This is not how I am, but is kind of how you're forcing me to be, as an exception to my normal ways. Beat the nicest dog enough, it'll bite, and you love it. It's the Pinside way - I was not the first and I will not be the last - I suspect mistermoberg is next to go off the rails with how much he is screwing things up and being naive, and how people are pushing back in that same classic way. But he doesn't deserve it, and neither do I. Kaneda is a bit of a different story but it's the same shit, different instance, and a lot of the fault lies on Pinside's hands. Stay out of my life... and unlike some of you, Pinside is NOT my life. I'll pay back Boob, but seriously, the rest of you should GTFO, and should've a long time ago. It's clear you don't understand 99% of my life, and are trying to make assumptions and recommendations based on the 1%, and they're inaccurate, and useless and a waste of time as such.
    I'm tired of the internet harassment and being followed around, so quit the Dr. Phil explanations, and just let it go. It's creepy, I don't know any of you, you certainly don't know me... it's time to stop making assumptions on people through the internet regardless of how I act or don't act, because the thing about the internet is it tends to skew people and misrepresent them all by itself, nor am I acting myself here whatsoever. If I was the shitlord I know I am come off as here thanks to having to write wordy and excessive posts to even get a word in above all this useless noise, I wouldn't have the success, friends, or good life that I do. It's worth assuming this "Otaku" thing as a frickin' alter ego at this point, because I don't act how I act, none of this applies to my daily life, and it's a very unique situation that would be good to just go away. Regardless of what you think, there is nothing to be learned here. Except never ask Pinside for help, because you guys end up chasing most of the people who ask for help off of the site, I was just an extreme scenario due to the fundraiser.
    You're out of touch, all of you. Just saying. It's not me. And yes, I know how I've come off here, and how this will come off, but you're wrong. And I will succeed.
    You're just being textbook Pinside, there's a whole KLOV thread about it and how you scare anybody away who is new, asking for help like I did, or isn't apart of your clique, so it's not me, it's the toxicity of the community here making this what it is, and EVERYBODY knows it: https://forums.arcade-museum.com/showthread.php?t=472426
    Boob can expect a check, and I respect him, regardless of what he thinks of me. The rest of you should quit trying, for everybody's sake. You're wrong, and you're out of touch, no matter what your snarky, upvoted, last-laugh-attempt reply to this is.

youre-no-daisy-at-all (resized).jpgyoure-no-daisy-at-all (resized).jpg
    #2184 3 years ago

Thread headlines for those who have something else to do today too other than read novels...

'...I have no desire to know anybody in this thread, mend any of these relationships, and this is a very niche thing I'd be happy to leave behind in whole and just burn the bridge...'

- Gameseum owner on his feelings towards largest community of arcade pinball and gamers.

'...You're all out of touch, completely...'

- Steven Van Splinter on feelings towards entire community of people including ones who have previously helped him.

Effect_20200718_103050 (resized).jpgEffect_20200718_103050 (resized).jpg
    #2186 3 years ago

I will say, at least gameseum listened to people about stopping the gofundme yesterday.

I'm not sure why the comments read that the money was used to pay rent, bills etc., considering that when the gofundme was started just last month, it was described as a fund needed for down the road not now. That to me seems a bit misrepresented as to EXACTLY what peoples donations were going towards... WAS it for rent that was due etc?, was it a cushion for future rent as description said when people donated? Or, did someone pay their rent, so as to allow next amount of money they get of their own to be used to just buy more games with?

Scenario seems VERY familiar

But, regardless....a sincere congratulations on listening and taking down a hand out request if it is no longer needed.

Effect_20200718_104609 (resized).jpgEffect_20200718_104609 (resized).jpgEffect_20200718_104839 (resized).jpgEffect_20200718_104839 (resized).jpg
    #2189 3 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Okay, I'm back to set the record straight once again...this time with more illustrations! I'll try to do this shorter than Otaku-length:
    To all of you here, I appreciate you getting my back on this. And to Steven - I really don't harbor a grudge. Life's too short, and I haven't gotten COVID or had people firebomb my house because I'm a older white male (yet!), so I just count my blessings every day.
    For me, the issue isn't about the money (although making it right would be a good thing). It was more the fact that damage was done to a brand-new Escalera, and nothing was said about it when it was returned. I had to find out about it when Steven posted on an Escalera thread about how he doesn't like it because he dropped it down the stairs with a machine on it (once? multiple times? does it really matter?). He neglected to mention that it was a borrowed one, it was brand new, and it was mine. That actually hurt...and anyone that knows me here and has sent abuse my way (or has seen me bust my own balls) knows I don't get hurt too often.
    So that's the deal. Here are the pictures of the damage. The entire chain assembly has to be replaced because the T-supports are part of the whole thing. It's really tough to see in the three pictures, but the first picture shows the support on the left chain which is at a right angle to the machine. No damage. The second picture shows the right support which is slightly angled to the right (look at the metal support to see how it and the rubber foot don't really line up with the chain - the foot isn't at a right angle anymore). The third picture is where the support took the brunt of the impact. I can't imagine the force it took to bend that triple-layer metal piece. I had to bang it back into at least a functional position to get it to grab the stairs again when moving a machine.
    The scrapes and shit that were on the unit when he returned it, I can live it. That would have happened anyway over time.
    #BoobHasSpoken [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Yikes. No wonder he didn't like them....I bet it didn't handle well at all after it got bent.

Without a single starting ANYTHING, I am in full agreeance that something should have at least been said up front. Even if he couldn't afford to fix it then.

But he has known of problem for a LOOONG time now. There is ZERO excuse not to have made SURE it was repaired by someone to like new by now.

I kind of understand the feeling of getting such a nice toy and being excited to offer to share it/show its use! I know I was when I got mine.

Accidents happen, we all know it wasn't malicious and was possible that he didn't understand it was acting poorly because it was damaged since he never used them before, etc.

Hopefully he can simply find out what it costs to have escalera or a distributor repair it the right way.

Thank you for sharing the pictures. Scary how that shows how much force can be behind the weight of our games!

#2190 3 years ago

Added note....why didn't he pay to repair that before his last game haul purchase he seemed to brag about?

Seen TONS of new equipment acquisitions....haven't seen him ever seem to have money to repair the previous wrongs....

Maybe he can start a gofundme for repaying past transgressions?

#2202 3 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

#paytheboob
    You know, it occurs to me that this is precisely what they say to guys in strip clubs...

And I've seen some equipment at some places like that that could use a little work too!

#2238 3 years ago

I actually questioned that in the last tnt video I saw as well....

Could potentially endanger any guest going to his business with stuff like that...

Be careful guys!

#2266 3 years ago
    Quoted from no-extra-balls:

Were you not alerted to any damage when you watched it fall down the stairs with a game on it?

NO! Boob didnt tell him that could damage it!

#2269 3 years ago
    Quoted from Otaku:

On a more positive note, we had a great time at our usual dinner last night - party of 9. I took the time to explain the situation to others, and those I talked to (without bias) agreed that it's reasonable to pay it back when I can in the next few months especially since the issue was not brought up for 2 years, and is not hurting anybody, rather than put my family and business in jeopardy by making any stupid financial decisions. It'll get paid back, and not too long from now, and that's what matters. No more long posts required. I understand you guys aren't very sympathetic to the situation but I'm doing my best, and I think the situation will work out well between me and Randy when the time comes - it's between us.
    [quoted image]

Not hurting anybody??? Maybe not on your end....typical selfishness.

Maybe go ahead and keep tossing him that 100 cash you just mentioned as a good faith gesture then...untill you CAN replace it.

#2273 3 years ago

Sorry #paytheboob

You being out a very valuable piece of equipment, should you need it (for hobby or business use), doesn't affect him; so he basically just said it shouldn't affect you either while he works on him only.

#2275 3 years ago
    Quoted from Otaku:

Yes, I actually thought of that too, I actually just got done putting Randy in my bank's online bill pay feature a few minutes ago - it essentially mails checks instantly. I've just sent him $100, most I can do right now, but that won't be all, I hope to continue to do so. Now, I don't want to just do that monthly as it would take forever depending on how much he wants (I am hoping full purchase price if I can swing it), so hopefully soon I'll be able to eliminate the entire situation in a more timely fashion - but it's a start I hope.
    [quoted image]

For REAL, nice to see that go to boob to at least show some effort.

II think EVERYONE understands things are tightened up for all right now.

And I agree, 100 a month would take FOREVER. But 100 now and more asap (not 9 more months from now) is a good start.

At 1/4 capacity, a bet a surgeon could pay him the rest by next month though

#2281 3 years ago
    Quoted from Otaku:

Yes, I actually thought of that too, I actually just got done putting Randy in my bank's online bill pay feature a few minutes ago - it essentially mails checks instantly. I've just sent him $100, most I can do right now, but that won't be all, I hope to continue to do so. Now, I don't want to just do that monthly as it would take forever depending on how much he wants (I am hoping full purchase price if I can swing it), so hopefully soon I'll be able to eliminate the entire situation in a more timely fashion - but it's a start I hope.
    I only just found his address (PITA!) or I would have done this in October no problem... I hate that it looks like a knee-jerk reaction to all of this, because it's not.
    It's a good way to handle the situation despite the global economic downturn.
    [quoted image]

Sorry, but I removed my upvote on this because you added the part about how you "would have" done this back in October...blah blah. That was added as a feel good excuse for yourself, unfortunately; and was not necessary.

It is good to see you work on righting it, but at the same time....EVERYONE is right that you COULD focus on it more, sell an extra game, use some of that 'for the future' hand out money, etc......

HELL, maybe you even have some games boob is interested in or something even, if you are having a hard time finding buyers.

#2282 3 years ago
    Quoted from ISayIts4MyKids:

Steven,
    Regarding your post 2259. I read the whole thing. You are not fooling anyone with your long winded diatribe. It's just babble and an excuse not to pay him. If you have pinball machines that you own you have the ability to pay him back. The fact that you "found out" years after it happened isn't Boobs fault. It's your fault!!
    An honest person, when returning the Escalera would say "I dropped your machine on accident. I am really sorry. Can we please go over it together with a fine toothed comb to make sure it is ok?" Or something along those lines. You didn't do that! The delay in finding out the machine was damaged is due to YOU being a liar. You are a liar and a scoundrel.
    You owe Boob. That means every dollar you spend is actually his money. Why should he sit there with a broken machine while you have games in storage?
    Sell some of your stored games. Sell some of the games you have on the floor. If Pinsiders knew the money was going to Boob I bet they would sell easily.
    You may become the richest, most "successful" person in the world but if you get there by being a disgusting liar your success is worthless.
    PS. Plus one star for sending him $100. Nice job
    #paytheboob

Didn't see your post till I posted mine.

I fail to see how selling a machine to right wrongs would hurt business....

#2292 3 years ago
    Quoted from cougtv:

This overcomplicates things. Otaku should buy you a new unit and he should get the damaged one. Or restore your machine to like new condition which might be impossible. Care and custody.
    Boob is a good person and should be made whole.
    #paytheboob

I do see your point.

I LOVE adding the charity thing in there, but it would probably only work out well if the gofundme got up to the right amount....

Like, ok....say Steven pays up and gets damaged unit, and boob gives money to charity....what happens if the gofundme doesn't raise enough??? Then boob loses out on getting enough money for a new unit and may wind up with not having one at all...unless that's okay with Randy...

#2293 3 years ago
    Quoted from Otaku:

Whatever floats your boat pacmanretro, can't send a check if I don't have an address, and after 2 and a half years and only visiting once, I couldn't exactly remember it off the top of my head. (That'd be weird) I did remember he said Snooki's aunt lives down the street, but that didn't really help in any Google searches. I actually even tried Google Maps at one point because I'm from Central NJ and knew the area pretty well and remembered what the house looked like, but it was too difficult... but I went out of my way to try and do this thing back in October despite Randy being such a humble guy.
    Luckily I found it eventually on my own. It's the story changes my post in any way and isn't an excuse, it's just important explanation of the situation. The fact that it was damaged at all wasn't presented to me until October 2019, meanwhile I have hotheads like ISayIts4MyKids here wondering why I didn't pick up the tab in April 2017... or May 2017... or June 2017... nobody reads anymore, so of course I'm going to be over-specific and explain my side of the story.
    With not being alerted until October 2019, and not having open communication thus far with Boob, I'm doing what I can to make it right. Unfortunately that start naturally landed in the middle of a pandemic, so it's going to have to be slower, but I look forward to making things right regardless. It's not any of your concern.

see...I simply can not accept that as an excuse AT ALL.

If you can ACTUALLY sit there and say you didn't pay him ANYTHING till now because you didn't have his address, then I don't even know how to respond.

You clearly found it magically now. But, besides that, if you couldn't get ahold of him in any way, I would venture to guess more than one person on pinside may have heard of him before and been able to help.

When did you put money aside for him since you learned of this in october instead of spend spend spend??

And how many messages, threads, posts, pms, etc etc did you try? Did you maybe try posting (even in this thread) back in october saying "Hey guys!! I have a check for Randy, does anybody know how to contact him. Or can they let him know please!"??????

Yeah....sorry, but that's a pathetic excuse. Just is.

#2432 3 years ago

Well....as completely pathetic and worthless as pinside apparently is to otaku, at least the gameseum user profile gets to remain active.

This way, even though he says we (and pinside) are essentially all total shit, he gets to continue to use pinside for free advertising and posting for his business without having to contribute a dime into it or pay much ANYTHING forward on here ...

#2436 3 years ago
    Quoted from phil-lee:

I wouldn't have the nerve to create a false account and Post on it. He did and thought nothing about it.
    Must have a brass set. Then, when everyone assumes he has gone, returns and acts like everything is kosher.

Just for you

Effect_20200722_205805 (resized).jpgEffect_20200722_205805 (resized).jpg
    #2459 3 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

BOOBEHTYAP!
    BOOBEHTYAP!
    BOOBEHTYAP!
    [quoted image]
    Did Otaku REALLY claim he's "gone forever?"
    Hes never gone, ever. Much like the spirits at the old Overlook Hotel.

Otaku's not here Mr. Levi

#2469 3 years ago
    Quoted from Dr-Willy:

I think I speak for everyone in this thread when I say, Get Fucked!
    #shutyourmouthandpaytheF’nboob
    I’ll take my violation strike now.

You didn't say anything against a member so I dont see how

#2484 3 years ago
    Quoted from edward472:

Saw this earlier today in one of my FB groups while scrolling through some comments. The OP was looking for opinions on a hydraulic lift cart. I bet he thought beelzeboobs escalara was terribly unreliable too
    [quoted image]

Impossible! You couldn't have seen that! Because it's been made quite clear that pinsiders are just pinsiders....not real people or potential customers that exist on other platforms or the live world.

#2525 3 years ago
    Quoted from Ericc123:

So you are saying that this was a lie? #paytheboob
    [quoted image]

Well, lie or not....the fact is that date came and went. . . .

#paytheboob

#2530 3 years ago

Still SUCKS that you have to do the repair job now and don't have a nice original machine, it took THIS long, and was hidden from you Randy.

I certainly wouldn't feel bad about it.

It is great to hear you are at least getting the parts....hopefully OEM.

Still....not exactly what you wanted.

Plus, he publicly said he wants to replace your entire machine when he can. So hopefully he still plans on doing that when he can to make it right with what he promise. THEN maybe he could still swap you for the new one and he will wind up withwith beelze repaired unit.

That honestly seems only fair; especially after ALL of this hassle!

But again, cool to hear he is sending you some parts.

Thanks for the update!!

#2535 3 years ago
    Quoted from RWH:

5 days from now will we all be saying:
    #paidtheboob

No...

#theboobfixedit

Or

#theboobhadtofixit

#2536 3 years ago

By the way RWH am I the only one who sees your avatar as a giant crab claw?

Or possibly a scorpion?

It's obvious zoomed in, but the little pic gets me every time.

#2541 3 years ago
    Quoted from RWH:

I rotate between Star Race and Circus and by the way who told you I had crabs?

OHHH NO!! I'm not going to want a case opened against me for a public comment about that!

#2550 3 years ago
    Quoted from jaytrem:

#bringbackthecrab

Lmao. You beat me to a # thought

Respect to his for now replacement though.

#2553 3 years ago
    Quoted from captainadam_21:

Was the routing number 123456789?

That's the boobs luggage combination.

#2554 3 years ago
    Quoted from RWH:

Crab is back!

pixar (resized).jpgpixar (resized).jpg
    #2602 3 years ago
    Quoted from Gameseum:

This isn't Steven nor his fiancee (who is not involved whatsoever), and I've been asked to speak on Steven's behalf, speaking with Steven in the process.
    Steven said he would like you to accept the parts, and request his assistance if you need help installing them.
    It just isn't exactly fair that he continues to be buried despite doing the right thing, when all the facts are there for people to see, and it is now becoming clear the situation is a lot less one-sided. He never wrote the dropping the handtruck post in the manner you described over the years (and solely talked about dropping a pinball machine), he tried repeatedly to privately compensate you which was denied, he was legitimately unaware of any damage for several years, and you repeatedly ghosted the situation over the period of several years, which is fine, but not fine when you very publicly decide to change your mind without even attempting to message Steven privately first.
    In 2017, he had no reason to suspect any damage, because it was only 3-4 stairs, and the handtruck pulled forward, fell on top of the machine, left it floating in the air strapped to the machine, and from what those witnessing it saw, never even touched the ground. It tipped forward with the machine and was over very quickly and uneventfully, in the air on top of the machine. Him or anybody else who witnessed the incident would have had absolutely no reason to suspect any damage, so you can't blame him for that either. It was very anticlimatic, and Steven just put it upright and continued using it without issue.
    For instance, the pinball machine, which took the fall, was still in good enough condition to be used without any kind of repair whatsoever. It was a very minor fall, whereas I think people here think it was down an entire staircase. This was a split-level New Jersey home with only four measly steps leading to the basement, and thus the fall was very minor, with no reason to suspect damage, especially with how it landed in the air and seemed to have never made impact anywhere.
    While Steven has admitted fault just based on assuming that's what it must have been and trusting your/Randy's intuition, there is generally no other reason for him or the people that were there to suspect that is where the damage was caused, and he still is unable to pinpoint how it may have happened. It's still all very possible this isn't where the damage occured, but naturally is the most reasonable explanation.
    Under the heat of 2017 Pinside watching the situation and borrowing process closely, and feeling there was no damage and no reason to suspect any, I think you are allowing him too few reasons on why he wouldn't tell you. If you were in his shoes, assessed no damage and continued to use the equipment for several days without issue, and it was a minor fall, with several hundred people awaiting a detailed summary of the borrowing process, would YOU tell? He barely felt it was an issue himself, as the fall was relatively minor, and we are all genuinely surprised to hear years later that there was damage. He just picked it up and kept using it... and there was not that "Oh shit I gotta not tell him that" moment you are expecting, and I think rather than actively trying to hide it from you, it slipped his mind because it was so minor. Have you ever considered that?
    Steven is nothing close to a villain, even in this situation. It's been very blown out of proportions, was an accident in both regards, and Steven is beyond happy to just make things right and respects you Randy... always has.
    Good day, and we all look forward to this ending amicably.

Blah blah freakin blah!!!

Not steve or his wife? (Mom?)....

Were you there to witness what you are saying or inspect equipment?

#bangameseumaccount

#2610 3 years ago

Makes me wonder what his friends are like. Everyone sees machine and Escalera fall downstairs.
    Steven and friends stare at each other wide eyed:
    "Still looks minty fresh to me!"
    I guess if you ever buy a game from Steven you have to ask every single question possible because unless something's actually broken in half he won't see any reason to mention it. So Steven, was this game every dropped down the stairs? Used as a surfboard? Boat anchor?
    Haha. What am I saying. Why would he sell a game when he can always start a gofundmooch?

Lol. I looked at a used car from a guy like that once.

He told me it has no mechanical issues or fluid problems. I drove it around a couple blocks and brake locked up on it. I limped it back to him and asked; He informed me I must have done something.

While it was sitting in his drive and we were talking, I noticed it began leaking coolant a fair amount on ground. I mentioned how he said it didn't have any mechanical issues or fluid problems. His response........'well, you didn't specifically ask about the radiator; yeah it needs a new one'. WTF....I tried reasoning with guy and he got pissy at me, went on and on, and said if I'm worried about specific problems I need to ask.

I offered a reduced amount on the vehicle to cover repairing these items and he got INSANE defensive and balled me out until I finally just got in my car and left....

Moral of the story....I went away and realized that's not the type of person to do business with....

#2611 3 years ago

Steven after selling the pinball machine:
    Buyer: "You said this machine was Home Use Only"
    Steven: "It is! I only dropped it down the stairs at home. It was never dropped down the stairs on route"

#2613 3 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

I just got home after going for a drive to lower my blood pressure and I figured out what was really bothering me:
    Steven, if you actually did send me the parts (because I don't know where that check you supposedly sent went to), then you had actually stepped up and did the right thing after all this time. It was positive karma coming your way, and the people on this site would have said good on you and let this thread die a peaceful death.
    But then you come back on here (or your wife, mother, neighbor, homeless man on the street) under another account and stir shit up by placing the blame on ME somehow...and you were in the clear! SMH
    The ability to undo anything good that you do for others by not knowing when to shut your mouth? That's a rare talent, my friend.

Your ending emoji made me think of less painful lessons than all of this....and this one only took a couple explanations...

4e8f490c-26cc-4736-919e-a32cfbcd9c88_screenshot (resized).jpg4e8f490c-26cc-4736-919e-a32cfbcd9c88_screenshot (resized).jpg

#2619 3 years ago
    Quoted from dontfeed:

I'm surprised anyone from Gamenauseum has time to post anything what with tens of thousands patrons busting the doors down just to get in everyday.

And I'm surprised its 'not his wife' posting since the only gameseum business post specifically said it was 'MRS. gameseums' account

Is it a business account? Or someone elses personal account?

Screenshot_2020-07-26-15-06-32 (resized).pngScreenshot_2020-07-26-15-06-32 (resized).png

#2623 3 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Correct. And can I add that this post REALLY creeped me out...

Who the fuck is WE if it's his wife's account?

You mean theirs creeped you out? Not mine RIGHT!!!?

#2626 3 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Correct. Edited for clarity.

Your check is in the mail for correcting that

#2628 3 years ago

Can someone clarify this for me...

If you were, say the king of social media, how low should your approval ratio go on your "business" profile before you start thinking the problem may be you....or that you aren't making yourself look better?

Or do you just tell the community, that your business caters to, to basically stick it because you prefer to feel you're bigger than the Beatles (my words there....only ever heard how they earn as much as surgeons with tens of thousands of happy customers)?
    Screenshot_2020-07-26-15-44-58 (resized).pngScreenshot_2020-07-26-15-44-58 (resized).png

#2641 3 years ago
    Quoted from bangerjay:

I’ve already figured there’s some pegging

The term pegging is used in peoplesoft (supply chain software). Used to be a cute blonde office lady at my work who used it.

It was all I could do to keep a straight face every time she talked about how she loved pegging!

#2660 3 years ago
    Quoted from yzfguy:

I can't wait to comment on Mrs Otaku's diatribe clone posts as "YZFWIFE"

We start seeing stuff like that and next thing you know there's going to be a "MrsXeXpinball"

#2686 3 years ago

Back during his 'great flood' days:

I was tight on extra cash at that time, so I sent him some correspondence at least encouraging him and wishing him best and saying sorry I couldn't give or I would have.

Even shared some own person hardship experiences (health and other stuff) in messages to let him know he wasn't alone.

He couldn't be bothered to even respond to me; and at this time, I hadn't done anything other than encourage and defend him back then.

I'm pretty sure I have heard others say they were never acknowledged for their efforts either...

#2697 3 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Didn't get anything yet. I would have posted if I had. Looks like it's been delayed a day if you believe the tracking info. Bigger question: What happened to the $100 he sent and proved he sent with a screen shot?

Maybe he found a last minute 100 dollar deal on another duplicate game...

#2700 3 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

[quoted image]

Recently did one of those cancer screening tests you have to mail back in....

I couldn't stop singing in my head 'it's my S*!T in a box' for like 3 days....

#2714 3 years ago
    Quoted from Otaku:

Honestly, I'd love to just buy you a new one of the same model, and you can trade me the old one if you like and skip all the other stuff... but it's going to be a while before I see that kind of money all at once. But that's what I was hoping to do.

Steven

AWESOME Otaku sent some parts FINALLY! I obviously wouldn't hold my breath on the cash he 'sent'.

Still sucks you will have a repaired instead of new unit like "Steven" recently said he still planned to do eventually.

Better than nothing like you had received all this time.....idk if it really makes it "right" in my book, but glad to see you may be able to at least fix yours up a bit now.

#2715 3 years ago
    Quoted from Palmer:

[quoted image]

That was Otaku....see, he's gone. It's just Steve now...

#2717 3 years ago
    Quoted from Grizlyrig:

So...that test is no joke.
    My mother-in-law was diagnosed with cancer after doing that test and then going for a colonoscopy.
    After a year and a half it just ate her up and killed her. It runs in that side of the family.
    So do whatever they say to buy some time.
    -Mike

That's terrible to hear. Definitely sorry to hear of your loss. My mother lost her colon cancer battle within these last couple years as well...hence my extra testing.

ABSOLUTELY, everybody get tested and stay safe!!!

Certainly WASN'T making light of the testing of course!

Everybody copes in their own way...

#2726 3 years ago
    Quoted from pookycade:

Hey at least it looks like he went for a more tasteful warm white. It’s what Comet deserves. All I can say on my end is that for now only broken parts and pre-purchased upgrades are being installed right now. If new money is being put on the table to buy new upgrades it’s a very poor investment at this time.
    As to “understanding” social media I don’t much get the approach on showing LED upgrades. While I have used my Facebook page for some polemics on mask wearing (have to, I’m a doctor), the primary focus has been on assuring safety and showing people coming back out. For us it is I believe slowly working though the jury is still out

Maybe he will install UV lights in the next machine!

#2735 3 years ago
    Quoted from pookycade:Ya know you can dip in that well once, twice, maybe three times but eventually you stop running out of people to scam for money with a sad sack “just tryin to survive” story. If he had any sense he would have actually put away those funds so he could survive this downturn. Or at least delayed the damn purchases 6 months for keeping up appearances. But he probably figures: 1 for the pandemic fund, 2 for shiny new crap I want to buy, another 1 for the pandemic fund ... I do not think these will turn out to be good business decisions here. Hope I’m wrong for his sake. None of us would have a problem with truthful begging. But a real easy way to turn your best supporters into enemies is for them to find out you just used the money to buy new stuff rather than save your place. At this rate expect a liquidation sale sooner rather than later.

Yeah....but a 'SIT INSIDE COCKPIT VERSION' of a kit game is going to bring in TENS of thousands!!!

#2754 3 years ago
    Quoted from Gameseum:

Despite the disagreements and large continued doubt in the certain areas/accusations regarding what this situation ever was and especially has turned out to be, Steven has already previously reached out to Randy at the time of purchase (July 24th, 2020) via Facebook with a full private apology for the events in 2017 and forward, and in regards to your comment, at that time, Steven has already previously proposed an open offer to make the trip to East Hanover, NJ himself if need be, to assist in repairing the hardware as a sign of goodwill and to lend a hand, and has provided Randy with his personal phone number to make that call if he feels it is needed. He is certainly open to having that offer fulfilled if Randy needs a hand, and wishes Randy nothing but the best.
    Best wishes!
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]

And what about the public statement that he made saying he still planned to purchase a new unit entirely for him when he could???

#2762 3 years ago
    Quoted from Gameseum:

Hi,
    Steven's $100 check, meant as payment towards the parts, was upgraded (and thus cancelled) to instead buying the parts in full immediately, rather than over time via payments. I think a lot of people are misunderstanding the point of the $100 (it was not "sorry" money - Steven preferred to offer genuine apologies alongside of repaying the "debt" in full), which was meant as money towards the cost of the parts, and is unneeded as the parts were quickly re-decided to be purchased directly by Steven instead at the cost of $324.12 a day or two later, and the check was reasonably cancelled as per the money being redirected to there. Steven certainly didn't want to make Randy wait to receive payments over time (and those bank checks are slow to begin with), so he upgraded the situation as soon as he was was able and mended it immediately and directly instead, instead of doing payments over time, which is certainly the better way for the situation to be handled by all means. The money was solely meant for parts, and instead was rerouted towards the company to send the parts to Randy - I'm not sure why that's not coming across. The "money" still arrived.
    Not sure how/why the $100 is still being expected, after the situation was entirely mended by the parts being paid in full instead. It's one or the other: No reason for payments as the situation was paid back in full, which was the sole purpose of the $100 - to go towards parts. The parts were paid in full directly instead, and have been successfully delivered, solving the entire problem. There is no reason for duplicate payments of course. The situation has already been paid and resolved in full, leaving no remaining balance or no need for payments.
    So nice to hear all the parts arrived as intended and we wish you the best Randy!
    As we close out this situation, the two receipts (dated 07/24/2020 for reference in regards to this thread) are attached below for full public transparency.
    [quoted image][quoted image]

Pulling back a measly hundred bucks that appeared to be sent as 'good faith' type money AND not even telling him....expecting boob's time to be worth nothing, not offering to pay for repairs but instead offer to come tinker with a device steven obviously has no knowledge on servicing...

Using a pinside "business account" in this way....

#Mostfuckedupwaytodobusinessever

#2767 3 years ago
    Quoted from pacmanretro:

And what about the public statement that he made saying he still planned to purchase a new unit entirely for him when he could???

Crickets from 'gameseum business account'...just like last 3 times I asked...

#2771 3 years ago
    Quoted from InfiniteLives:

the faster he responds to posts the easier it is to see its steven typing on that account lol

Well, Wednesdays are Stevens day off, so no need to have all those employees cover work for him while gameseum takes care of pinside questions

#2773 3 years ago

Ok, for the illiterate as I must be, when will Steven be purchasing a brand new escalera as he stated he would previously?????

Read read read your own novel please.

#2780 3 years ago
    Quoted from Otaku:

Honestly, I'd love to just buy you a new one of the same model, and you can trade me the old one if you like and skip all the other stuff... but it's going to be a while before I see that kind of money all at once. But that's what I was hoping to do.

Steven

PLEASE!!!
    Can someone help my illiterate ass figure out what these words say?????????

Edit: meant !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#2788 3 years ago
    Quoted from brucipher:

Yeah - last I knew Steven was going to either buy a whole new one, or pay in increments until he repaid the debt for a new one. Nice "upgrade" to parts that have to be installed on a used one.

This kind of crappy stuff is why I showed concern.to Randy earlier on; When he was spit balling about possible ways to get a new one and possibly steven get one and help charity.

I'm glad, for Randy's sake, he didn't go down that path and wind up getting skunked in the deal. It was a nice thought though.

#2790 3 years ago
    Quoted from DBLM:

You don't buy replacement parts for a "supposed" situation.

Again....it was Otaku that did that....it was only supposedly Steven.

Ohh wait, which one of them was the one that finally admitted they knew it was wrong recently?

Guess that museum place should try reading otaku posts some time...

#2794 3 years ago
    Quoted from Atari_Daze:

Do they have that kind of time?

Only on Wednesdays

#2796 3 years ago
    Quoted from Atari_Daze:

Do they have that kind of time?

When I was younger, I worked for a local op who would frequently just leave me a little list of stuff that needed done in the shop.

If gameseum leaves to do lists written like pinside posts, I feel bad for "employees".

'Today, I would like you to clean the marquees and bezels off, wipe down counters, ... <insert War and Peace all as one sentence> ... , then go on social media and upset some potential customers.'

#2803 3 years ago

Steve-aseum
    You act like this was resolved amicably between you and Boob and it should have remained private. You are missing several points:
    1. You didn't do ANYTHING until the pinball community got involved. So, no, this wasn't resolved between you two. You did not voluntarily step up and do the "right" thing until you, or someone close to you, realized it was just bad business to put it off.
    2. You sent a screenshot of a check you sent him and posted it here as proof of your good intentions and integrity. Then you cancelled the check! You never mentioned it so how would the community know?!? Cancelling the check was a real douche move. You definitely owed it to him.
    3. Your offer to "lend a hand" to Boob is so gross and disgusting. I do not understand how you don't see this. You lied to him. You deceived him. You crapped on his generosity. If I were him just hearing your name would make me sick. Why would I want to look at your face? Why would I want to let your nefarious ass in my house or near my equipment?
    4. The fact that Boob is happy with this resolution (unconfirmed) is immaterial. All that shows is that Boob is a freaking Angel and deserves wings. How do you not understand how unbelievably awesome Boob treated you?! Both before and after. You did nothing noble. He could have taken you to court for damaging his machine. The fact that he didn't hound you for the money or berate you for your appalling behavior doesn't make you in the right.
    5. Look at your feedback ratios. People here arent basement dwelling trolls (well...unless your game room is in your basement!). We are professionals, business owners and hard workers. This is an expensive hobby and we have better things to do than to waste our time downvoting strangers. You are earning those downvotes because your way of interacting with society is just gross and disgusting. I'm sorry I've used disgusting so many times in this post but it just fits your behavior perfectly.

Even just with covid, I wouldn't want a person coming into my home for something like that....And yeah, definitely wouldn't want to have to spend afternoon side by side working with guy who jacked my stuff in first place, regardless.

Seems the bigger reality is boob is a good person and also probably just accepted the best he felt he was going to get any time soon out of the damages done....not as amicably thrilled as Otaku and friends try to make it sound.

Nothing like repeatedly going on a public forumn and claiming it's not public.

#2834 3 years ago
    Quoted from pinlink:

How fucked in the head do you have to be to create 18 different accounts, talk about yourself in the third person, and truly believe that you are fooling people.

Runaway Deactivation.....

Hmmmm....seems familiar....now who was it that did that all the time

Screenshot_2020-08-06-09-48-32 (resized).pngScreenshot_2020-08-06-09-48-32 (resized).png
    370 posts in this topic match your search for posts by pacmanretro. You are on page 1 of 2.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pacmanretro.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gameseum-gaming-gala-sept-15/page/1?tu=pacmanretro and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.