Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,944 posts
  • 215 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by robin
  • Topic is favorited by 55 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“When do you expect Gameseum to open for business?”

• Thanksgiving 2018 2 votes
      2%
    • Beginning of 2019 0 votes
    • March 2019 1 vote
      1%
    • April 2019 2 votes
      2%
    • "Summer" 2019 16 votes
      16%
    • It won't, but surely all donated money and machines will be returned. 80 votes
      79%

(101 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

download (resized).png
    Cyberbullying (resized).jpg
    06937ec6de46e466341c1b9b8e283cebbcdf51fc.png.jpg (resized).png
    6c4f86ab8711c7a3f71270bba621c1c51e279831.png.jpg (resized).png
    e87f011d764ae7b096ba18f74f10cc733a16412b.png.jpg (resized).png
    8E28E40B-E58A-4638-B4A0-6A4614B22CAA (resized).jpeg
    0FD16E5B-57B9-4296-9DE7-9CFAC564067C (resized).jpeg
    B46DA714-CFA6-4780-871A-16917769D91C (resized).jpeg
    0F07A909-BD47-42BA-A82F-74FE65890521 (resized).jpeg
    03F1224B-CCEF-44E0-8F49-9A47491F9049 (resized).jpeg
    Colson (resized).jpeg
    B4F28AA5-7D73-4FF3-9A7A-9AB65282D6E2 (resized).jpeg
    CC92318E-53CA-4CD8-B9A2-1E2F73A4E3D0 (resized).jpeg
    307046CF-33FB-4727-AD75-FDA55BA3DF76 (resized).jpeg
    AB72D8C3-B930-409A-89C0-8033C092E7F2 (resized).jpeg
    75E7F39D-2FCE-4D01-8DBE-4CCB47249F4F (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 3,944 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 79.
    #751 4 years ago
    Quoted from BillySastard:

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit.

What Stonehedge did for rocks, Oataku has done for Bullshit

#752 4 years ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

That is going to take money away from the leg bolt fund

Nothing another go fund me cant solve.

#753 4 years ago
    Quoted from djreddog:

It's the same account owner. Just ran the IP address and they match.

What a douche. Hey, lets slam Pinside with one account and ask for help on another. Sounds about right.

#754 4 years ago
    Quoted from BillySastard:

Why is his age constantly mentioned? It's brought up twice in that short article, and at the beginning of the arcade walkthrough. Am I supposed to be impressed that he's 21? Right now I roll my eyes every time is see it.

I just assumed it's to put things in perspective for the reader.
    He keeps saying his place is better than any arcade that was around in the 80's, yet he 21 years old which probably makes him born in 1998 (depending on what month he was born).
    He has no clue what the vibe or depth of a true 80s arcade would be like just based on age alone.
    That like me opening up a Speakeasy and telling people my place is way more authentic than anything that was ever available during the Prohibition Era.

#755 4 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

I thought it was against the rules to create multiple accounts?

As the Oracle of Wisconsin would say: Mods, please run an IP check to verify this and report back.

d514234bf9e8dfcd670315266964cf04f78e717c (1) (resized).pngd514234bf9e8dfcd670315266964cf04f78e717c (1) (resized).png
    #756 4 years ago

fixed it for ya ... Colsond3

col23 (resized).jpgcol23 (resized).jpg
    #757 4 years ago

A “quite modern era” move

#758 4 years ago
    Quoted from Coindork:

He keeps saying his place is better than any arcade that was around in the 80's, yet he 21 years old which probably makes him born in 1998 (depending on what month he was born).
    He has no clue what the vibe or depth of a true 80s arcade would be like just based on age alone.
    That like me opening up a Speakeasy and telling people my place is way more authentic than anything that was ever available during the Prohibition Era.

His birthday falls on the Allentown Pinfest or right around it.

And yes, lines like "all of our games are more expensive than most think, $100 "OLD GAME" specials went away 25 years ago" do come off as disingenuous to me.

#759 4 years ago

The real answer to "what would make an 80s arcade better" is 90s pins.

#760 4 years ago

Because he took money from me on two occasions before and didn’t use it for the represented or intended purpose, does that mean he used it to open this, or to purchase games for the Mega Arcade?

And if so, doesn’t that mean I’m part owner?

#761 4 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

Because he took money from me on two occasions before and didn’t use it for the represented or intended purpose, does that mean he used it to open this, or to purchase games for the Mega Arcade?
    And if so, doesn’t that mean I’m part owner?

You get a free 1 hour pass. But don’t go 1 hour and 6 min if you don’t want to be charged for the second hour.

#762 4 years ago

Kid shouldn’t nickel and dime people to death, he’ll lose his customer that way. I suggest splitting it down the middle, 29 minutes round down, 31 minutes round up. Played 2 hr 29min, charge for 2 hours, etc.

#763 4 years ago
    Quoted from EricHadley:

Kid shouldn’t nickel and dime people to death, he’ll lose his customer that way. I suggest splitting it down the middle, 29 minutes round down, 31 minutes round up. Played 2 hr 29min, charge for 2 hours, etc.

You mean be reasonable, like his local competition?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #764 4 years ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

You mean be reasonable, like his local competition?[quoted image]

Nahh....I think he should stick to the game plan of publicly complaining about his customers just a couple days after his official grand opening.

#765 4 years ago
    Quoted from EricHadley:

My guess is that he's van splintering it down the middle.

#766 4 years ago

I see FB posts on people asking about newer machines....he claims it's "subjective" and won't really answer other than to talk about earthshaker...and when someone made a comment about it being over 30 years old. Their post got deleted.

I also have reapeatedly seen people ask for lists of games they have available, ask if they will get certain games, etc... with no response.

Also saw someone mention they were more a 90s kid and would love to see a few specific 90s games. Sounded like one specific person was even a current customer. His response was to almost basically make fun of how what he asked for wasn't "classic", so no. They won't get them.

This kid is going to fail miserably as soon as family money runs out....sad he can't learn

#767 4 years ago

What was that about baffle with bullshit....

Screenshot_2019-07-25-19-01-25 (resized).pngScreenshot_2019-07-25-19-01-25 (resized).pngScreenshot_2019-07-25-19-01-38 (resized).pngScreenshot_2019-07-25-19-01-38 (resized).pngScreenshot_2019-07-25-19-01-41 (resized).pngScreenshot_2019-07-25-19-01-41 (resized).png
    #768 4 years ago
    Quoted from pacmanretro:

This kid is going to fail miserably as soon as family money runs out....sad he can't learn

Yeah man. Don’t listen to your customers = formula for disaster and eventual closure. Especially at such a young age, if he can’t draw from experience and suggestions from others and openly welcome constructive criticism, it won’t last long.

#769 4 years ago
    Quoted from pacmanretro:

What was that about baffle with bullshit....[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Showoff...

20190725_171211 (resized).jpg20190725_171211 (resized).jpg
    #770 4 years ago
    Quoted from pacmanretro:

What was that about baffle with bullshit....

You mean you wouldn’t rather play F-14 or Earthshaker if a Metallica, MB or Deadpool was sitting there?

He knows what they mean by “new” games. Him assuming people are stupid and treating them as such will be another one of his continuous, big mistakes.

He could at least be honest and say “with start up costs, right now we cannot afford to add brand new games at the moment. But we do plan to add several new titles as we grow our customer base and expand.”

#771 4 years ago
    Quoted from cosmokramer:

Showoff...[quoted image]

Notice it was plugged in....NOW THEN! Don't make me delete your comments!!

Edit: we believe in FULL charge to our customers FYI!

#772 4 years ago
    Quoted from pacmanretro:

FULL charge to our customers

#773 4 years ago

17%, low power mode here and proud of it. Couldn’t charge my phone on Ventura Beach today.

0F2A47AE-F85A-45F1-A71F-C5193C3B526A (resized).png0F2A47AE-F85A-45F1-A71F-C5193C3B526A (resized).png
    #774 4 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

17%, low power mode here and proud of it. Couldn’t charge my phone on Ventura Beach today. [quoted image]

Damn it colsond!! I ACTUALLY tried clicking on bottom of your pic where it said 1 new post. Lmao!

#775 4 years ago
    Quoted from pacmanretro:

Damn it colsond!! I ACTUALLY tried clicking on bottom of your pic where it said 1 new post. Lmao!

LMFAO.

#776 4 years ago

Don't worry....I learned from my mistake

#777 4 years ago

I reached out to Kristy to help her and her family find more modern pins in our area. She's posted a couple different pages looking for more modern pins to play.

#778 4 years ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

I reached out to Kristy to help her and her family find more modern pins in our area. She's posted a couple different pages looking for more modern pins to play.

Good to hear of people spreading the word of places with pinball to play...ESPECIALLY when you see people asking for it

#779 4 years ago
    Quoted from pacmanretro:

I see FB posts on people asking about newer machines....he claims it's "subjective" and won't really answer other than to talk about earthshaker...and when someone made a comment about it being over 30 years old. Their post got deleted.
    I also have reapeatedly seen people ask for lists of games they have available, ask if they will get certain games, etc... with no response.
    Also saw someone mention they were more a 90s kid and would love to see a few specific 90s games. Sounded like one specific person was even a current customer. His response was to almost basically make fun of how what he asked for wasn't "classic", so no. They won't get them.

Aside from pinball I also collect arcade games and have a fairly sizable collection (about 70 machines mostly 70s-80s).
    I'm not really into 90s games (only own a few), but that doesn't change the fact that there is a growing demographic of players that grew up with scrolling beat em ups, fighting games, drivers, shooting games etc.
    In the current arcade/barcade/retrocade scene there are many 90s arcade games that are a staple and you must have.
    People love the four player scrolling button masher beat em ups like The Simpsons, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles etc.
    These are some of the biggest earners in the pay as you go model as players like to sit there with their friends and play until they beat the game.
    They are not the classics from my childhood, but they are still classics none the less in the current era.
    Things like Mortal Kombat and Street Fighter etc (same thing).
    Games where you can get multiple people playing in tandem are a must.
    Things like Rampage, Ivan Stuart Off Road, NBA Jam etc.
    Old stuff is cool, but you have to have variety and cover multiple decades as thats what your clientele wants.
    Especially so when you're talking about families that will come in where different people in the group are from different generations.

#780 4 years ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

OMG you’re stealing his customers!! Earth shaker is new and exciting to him , especially since it came out 9 years before he was an embryo.

Classic Narcissist is my diagnosis. I’m not really a Psychologist I just play one one the internet .

I can tell you about the vibe in the 60’s, 70’s, early 80’s I stopped playing in the early 80’s when EM’s vanquished .

This kid is like a broken record. I remember York 2015 his games were crap and he was begging people for 5$ saw it first hand. Then in the following year he’s got a gofundme flood scam going on. I see him in Allentown running around with cupcakes (18th birthday ) and I avoided him thinking he was charging for them. Later that day I see he’s buying a Skyjump in the flea market with no intentions of repaying anyone for his basement flood. Defend him and support him if you may, I just can’t.

#781 4 years ago
    Quoted from Coindork:

These are some of the biggest earners in the pay as you go model as players like to sit there with their friends and play until they beat the game.

Adults do this, children will press the modded credit button until the lives reach 999 and the game will run on forever until you turn it off. I’ll never put a Konami beat ‘em up in a “free play” setting ever again after having to listen to The Simpsons run hours on end.

#782 4 years ago

I saw this post last night. He deleted my response stating that I've been playing arcade and pinball on location long before he ever opened.

FuckingBullshit (resized).pngFuckingBullshit (resized).png
    #783 4 years ago
    Quoted from VectorGamer:

I saw this post last night. He deleted my response stating that I've been playing arcade and pinball on location long before he ever opened.[quoted image]

This clown is something else. He would lose his goddamn mind if he ever set foot in Pinball PA.

#784 4 years ago

well, he took some advice and posted info about the games above them it seems

unless those are warnings about his 5 minute rule

#785 4 years ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

This clown is something else. He would lose his goddamn mind if he ever set foot in Pinball PA.

I had never heard of it so I checked out the pinball pa website.
    Looks like they have approx. 200+ video games and 120+ pins.
    If I’m ever in the area I will definitely check it out!

#786 4 years ago
    Quoted from ultimategameroom:

I had never heard of it so I checked out the pinball pa website.
    Looks like they have approx. 200+ video games and 120+ pins.
    If I’m ever in the area I will definitely check it out!

The number of games there is almost overwhelming. Its been over a year since I have been there, but the selection is pretty excellent. They didn't have many games under 5 years old, but there are plenty of cool games like Bonzai Run that I have never been able to play before.

#787 4 years ago

I must be a glutton for punishment, checking back to see what dumb shit he writes on his Facebook page.
    If anybody posts anything contrary to what he perceives as his own vast knowledge of pinball and video games, he will actually argue with them in the comments. Instead of just admitting that he cant afford newer games yet, he will just deny they are good games or he'll say they are sparse and hard to find.
    I grew up in the 70s and 80s and I personally havent seen as many pinballs on location as I do now. They are everywhere and pinball is HUGE!
    I've been collecting pins since before this kid was born and I've forgotten more info than he knows total. I used to be indifferent toward this whole venture and just kind of shrugged it off. But now seeing the way he spouts off how great he is and manipulates his comments by deleting anything negative, I'm actively rooting against it.
    When local people tell me they may check it out, I tell them to just come to my place and play for free.

#788 4 years ago
    Screenshot_20190726-143104_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190726-143104_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190726-143145_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190726-143145_Chrome (resized).jpg
    #789 4 years ago

Pinball PA is pretty incredible, I would guess they're well over that 120 pin number and have some seriously rare titles. Most of the early Sterns (Star Gazer, Viper, Iron Maiden, Catacomb, Orbiter 1, Quicksilver, etc), a Joust head-to-head, probably the only Williams Thunderball on location anywhere, etc. Some Stern LEs like TRON Legacy, a Hercules... and their arcade titles are equally impressive - Discs of TRON Environmental, Omega Race cockpit, lots of rare cabaret games, etc. Unfortunately the owner is a real jackass and it makes it hard for me to want to spend money there even though my wife's family lives in the area and we're usually out there at least once a year.

Quoted from GWalton:

They are everywhere and pinball is HUGE!

It really is amazing. The other day I was on the Stern site and tried out their pin locator, didn't realize half the bars in Lancaster city now have a new Stern or two on location. When I lived down there, Laserdome was pretty much the only place with new Sterns and then some stray 90's pins here and there (Hurricane at a dive bar in Lititz, Junkyard at a bowling alley in Mt. Joy, that sort of thing). My wife works in New Holland and she and some of her co-workers go to Shooter's Crossing after work, now her co-workers are regularly texting her their best scores on whatever new Stern they have (so far: Mustang, Aerosmith, Walking Dead, Star Wars, now Deadpool I think) and one of them has started hitting bars on her drive home that have pins. Shit is live!

#790 4 years ago
    Quoted from GWalton:

[quoted image][quoted image]

That’s just ridiculous. And I know Joe pretty well, he bought a MSF off me a few years ago. Good guy and knows his shit. We keep in touch.

The more I read Gofundme’s responses to customer inquiries, the more it’s starting to annoy me. He knows all...but can’t rebuild friggin flippers, which is easy as hell. What a joke.

#791 4 years ago

Pinball Pa is excellent. I always have a great time when I visit.

IMG_4510 (resized).JPGIMG_4510 (resized).JPGIMG_4511 (resized).JPGIMG_4511 (resized).JPGIMG_4513 (resized).JPGIMG_4513 (resized).JPGIMG_4514 (resized).JPGIMG_4514 (resized).JPG
    #792 4 years ago
    IMG_4515 (resized).JPGIMG_4515 (resized).JPG
    #793 4 years ago

Now THAT is a mega arcade!

#794 4 years ago
    Quoted from Ericc123:

[quoted image]

Wish it were closer!!

#795 4 years ago

It's got nothing on Gameseum!

Steven said so, you can't find another collection ANYWHERE like the A++ collection at Gameseum.

#796 4 years ago
    Quoted from pinlink:

It's got nothing on Gameseum!
    Steven said so, you can't find another collection ANYWHERE like the A++ collection at Gameseum.

Plus I see a game that appears to be turned off in one of those pictures. They must not have an owner who's an experienced tech on site to fix the games immediately.

#797 4 years ago

Wow! How far away is Pinball Pa from jackass's place?

#798 4 years ago
    Quoted from emkay:

My wife works in New Holland and she and some of her co-workers go to Shooter's Crossing after work

I used to work at the cream cheese factory back in the 90s. I'm guessing that's the same place I used to go to after work only back then I think it was called RR Trax.

Also Pinball PA has a whole bunch of arcade games I've never seen anywhere else in this day. I pooped my pants when I saw a working Tazz-Mania. Love that game.

#799 4 years ago
    Quoted from tslayer71:

Wow! How far away is Pinball Pa from jackass's place?

Pinball PA is on the western side of the state.

#800 4 years ago

Pinball gallery has better arcades and tons more pinball (of course), and it's only 60 minutes from gameseum.

There are 3,944 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 79.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gameseum-gaming-gala-sept-15/page/16?hl=vectorgamer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.