Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,944 posts
  • 215 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by robin
  • Topic is favorited by 55 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“When do you expect Gameseum to open for business?”

• Thanksgiving 2018 2 votes
      2%
    • Beginning of 2019 0 votes
    • March 2019 1 vote
      1%
    • April 2019 2 votes
      2%
    • "Summer" 2019 16 votes
      16%
    • It won't, but surely all donated money and machines will be returned. 80 votes
      79%

(101 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

download (resized).png
    Cyberbullying (resized).jpg
    06937ec6de46e466341c1b9b8e283cebbcdf51fc.png.jpg (resized).png
    6c4f86ab8711c7a3f71270bba621c1c51e279831.png.jpg (resized).png
    e87f011d764ae7b096ba18f74f10cc733a16412b.png.jpg (resized).png
    8E28E40B-E58A-4638-B4A0-6A4614B22CAA (resized).jpeg
    0FD16E5B-57B9-4296-9DE7-9CFAC564067C (resized).jpeg
    B46DA714-CFA6-4780-871A-16917769D91C (resized).jpeg
    0F07A909-BD47-42BA-A82F-74FE65890521 (resized).jpeg
    03F1224B-CCEF-44E0-8F49-9A47491F9049 (resized).jpeg
    Colson (resized).jpeg
    B4F28AA5-7D73-4FF3-9A7A-9AB65282D6E2 (resized).jpeg
    CC92318E-53CA-4CD8-B9A2-1E2F73A4E3D0 (resized).jpeg
    307046CF-33FB-4727-AD75-FDA55BA3DF76 (resized).jpeg
    AB72D8C3-B930-409A-89C0-8033C092E7F2 (resized).jpeg
    75E7F39D-2FCE-4D01-8DBE-4CCB47249F4F (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 3,944 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 79.
    #701 4 years ago

Wow I didn’t know earthshaker weighed more than the wide body sttng did.....

And the Moocher getting mooched on huh? Kinda sucks getting punked like that eh Steven?

#702 4 years ago
    Quoted from emkay:

Somehow his Earthshaker weighs 400 pounds, probably because it's the nicest one he's ever seen BY A MILE. It's also worth noting that Earthshaker is regarded as one of the best and also most classic of all time - and one of the highest regarded machines of all time!
    Was this kid homeschooled or something?
    [quoted image]

Pretty damn funny reading him talk about prices of machines after all his gloating about buying cheap ass stuff over the years, for sure.

ACTUALLY, reading his info on website, yes... I believe he actually was home schooled

#703 4 years ago

The first time Paul and I went to Pinball Gallery we overstayed our planned time by half an hour. Even though we didn't mind paying the overtime because we had so much fun, the nice lady at the counter didn't roll it over to a full day charge. We were enchanted even more with the place, ensuring our many returns. It's things like this example that endears customers to you. Sure, they might lose a little money at the time, but we saw that they take care of their customers.
    They don't go on social media to blast you for going over 5 minutes. They are adults there, they know what it takes to keep customers coming back and how to keep them happy.
    I have to say I could see something like this coming when he made a point he would fully enforce who can park in their 6 parking spaces. There's no grey area in his world when it comes to things like that. Businesses now live in a social media world, he can erase all the facebook posts he wants, but word will get out. He needs to soften up.

#704 4 years ago

My two cents of advice: I think it’s best not to announce to customers how much the pins cost. I’m a piano tuner, and I don’t try to impress anyone on my website by saying how much my strobe tuner cost. I know what they value is the tuning itself. I assume most of the Gameseum customers aren’t pinheads like us and don’t care about the cost of the machines nearly as much as the experience of playing them at that venue. That’s what they’re paying for and basing the value on.

#705 4 years ago
    Quoted from Pablito350:

The first time Paul and I went to Pinball Gallery we overstayed our planned time by half an hour. Even though we didn't mind paying the overtime because we had so much fun, the nice lady at the counter didn't roll it over to a full day charge. We were enchanted even more with the place, ensuring our many returns. It's things like this example that endears customers to you. Sure, they might lose a little money at the time, but we saw that they take care of their customers.
    They don't go on social media to blast you for going over 5 minutes. They are adults there, they know what it takes to keep customers coming back and how to keep them happy.
    I have to say I could see something like this coming when he made a point he would fully enforce who can park in their 6 parking spaces. There's no grey area in his world when it comes to things like that. Businesses now live in a social media world, he can erase all the facebook posts he wants, but word will get out. He needs to soften up.

Probably just hurting for the extra couple bucks..before next months bills come in.

#706 4 years ago
    Quoted from pacmanretro:

Probably just hurting for the extra couple bucks..before next months bills come in.

Maybe, but if his history is telling us anything, and by him running out with his first few thousand buying a pin, he's probably going to buy a pin or arcade game with that money.

quick edit- of course he has to buy new stuff to keep people coming in, but he has to make sure the bills are paid first. A business plan would help with this.

#707 4 years ago
    Quoted from pacmanretro:

L....M....F....A....O...
    ALREADY bitching at customers now too!? SERIOUSLY????
    And besides that....why the hell isn't this proprietary system working???????[quoted image][quoted image]

I figured from day 1 his proprietary system was writing the times on their wrist bands. I guess that didn’t happen until after the second grand opening.

#708 4 years ago

I'm thinking someone else is paying the bills or at least the rent...for now.

#709 4 years ago

Obviously savvy investors if they're letting a Mastermind like Steven run the place

#710 4 years ago
    Quoted from tslayer71:

Obviously savvy investors if there letting a Mastermind like Steven run the place

They’re

#711 4 years ago

Is there a "How to Sell Snake Oil" manual he's reading? This guy is a pro.

#712 4 years ago

I went Saturday and had a good time. Some of the games were a bit worse for ware, but there were enough working games for me to stay busy for a couple hours. In my opinion, he should sell 4 or 5 of the non working pins and buy something newer/working. Perhaps another shopped pin and a used dynamo air hockey to fill the area. He might consider a larger selection of snacks/soda to make a few extra $'s. As other have said, I hope he add some coin door locks too.

#713 4 years ago

Damn customers being rude. Keep track of time.

#714 4 years ago

Hmm, a revolutionary wristband system that you write the time on...you mean, the same thing Timeline York and Pinball Gallery has been using for years now?

#715 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

along with a skee ball where you have to keep your own score...

Otaku , if your Skee Ball displays aren't working you may want to consider my replacement display boards.

-Rob
    -visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or my replacement LED Display Boards for model H & model S Skee Ball

#716 4 years ago
    Quoted from rkahr:

otaku , if your Skee Ball displays aren't working you may want to consider my replacement display boards.
    -Rob
    -visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or my replacement LED Display Boards for model H & model S Skee Ball

That is going to take money away from the leg bolt fund

#717 4 years ago

The problem with not having his machines on coin drop is he doesn't have enough machines to support the hourly rate. I would be ticked off if I showed up and the majority of my $10 for the hour is spent waiting on machines to be freed up. How many working pinball machines does he have currently on the floor?

#718 4 years ago
    Quoted from VectorGamer:

The problem with not having his machines on coin drop is he doesn't have enough machines to support the hourly rate. I would be ticked off if I showed up and the majority of my $10 for the hour is spent waiting on machines to be freed up. How many working pinball machines does he have currently on the floor?

Define “working”

#719 4 years ago
    Quoted from VectorGamer:

You're not that far from Ephrata, check it out and report back...

#720 4 years ago

Sad thing is that many of us would have no problem going over there and doing everything we can to help get his games running if he wasn't such a flaming douche over the years, and presently. That is the sad thing about Gameseum. Many locals want to see something like this make it, but Oktau has literally done everything possible to kill any local goodwill he had available. Hell, I would have hauled my Ghostbusters or Torpedo Alley up there for his grand opening if the place was being run by someone who was actually a decent, mature human.

#721 4 years ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

You're not that far from Ephrata, check it out and report back...

2 hours round trip.

#722 4 years ago
    Quoted from VectorGamer:

2 hours round trip.

Don't forget, you can do 110-120 mph on 222 and still get rear ended. So figure that into your time

#723 4 years ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

Torpedo Alley

I’ll take that game off your hands.

#724 4 years ago

I don't think he would take any help on fixing his games? He is an expert in his own mind. I cant see him letting someone work on his games out on the floor? now maybe site unseen off site, maybe?

#725 4 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

I’ll take that game off your hands.

I'll keep you in mind..I may part with it at some point

#726 4 years ago
    Quoted from PoBoyPinball:

I don't think he would take any help on fixing his games? He is an expert in his own mind. I cant see him letting someone work on his games out on the floor? now maybe site unseen off site, maybe?

He uses this site for tech help. At least thats my guess.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/earthshaker-family-rom-question#post-5111515

#727 4 years ago

I thought it was against the rules to create multiple accounts?

#728 4 years ago

That must be an account used by his revolutionary staff.

#729 4 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

I thought it was against the rules to create multiple accounts?

I believe if you have a business you can have a personal account and a separate business account.

#730 4 years ago
    Quoted from yzfguy:

That must be an account used by his revolutionary staff.

All I keep thinking...

2EB15A57-F7E1-4D3B-9F70-43121925FF99 (resized).jpeg2EB15A57-F7E1-4D3B-9F70-43121925FF99 (resized).jpeg
    #731 4 years ago

Overstaying 5 minutes is generous?
    Hell I go to New York a couple times a year and at least once a trip I go to Modern Pinball (who uses the wristband hourly system).
    I’m normally meeting friend there and arrive before them. So basically I’m there 20 minutes or so before them and already playing.
    When my hour is up I’m not paying another hour to wait 20 mins for my friends to finish up. Nor does the business care if I play for another 20 mins while I wait for my friends (I have asked).
    Unless people are staying for hours (or all day) this is pretty pointless.

#732 4 years ago

Part of me thinks this isn't him, but he has a Jungle Lord in the "museum" also...

http://www.ephratareview.com/news/gameseum-officially-levels-up-for-a-march-grand-opening/

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #733 4 years ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

Part of me thinks this isn't him, but he has a Jungle Lord in the "museum" also...
    http://www.ephratareview.com/news/gameseum-officially-levels-up-for-a-march-grand-opening/[quoted image][quoted image]

Thought exact same things... im 50/50, but honestly, the other guy seems to be asking light technical questions....and those seem beyond otaku. Although, Otaku seems to log in almost every day lately without posting, so he is definitely lurking and reading. Hopefully he listens to the comments and suggestions he is reading.

#734 4 years ago

It's the same account owner. Just ran the IP address and they match.

#735 4 years ago
    Quoted from djreddog:

If that's true, that's shady bullshit after what he has said about pinside people.

Sorry dude, go somewhere else for help at this point....

#736 4 years ago
    Quoted from djreddog:

HaHaHaHaHaHa.............
    (Breathes Hard)
    HaHaHaHaHaHa..............

I had not put that together, but it completely fits.

#737 4 years ago
    Quoted from djreddog:

guilty.gifguilty.gif
    #739 4 years ago

This kid is a goddamn media whiz!

I'm constantly impressed by the way he's managed to get continued media hits on this thing going back 2 years. I know ephrata isn't the most exciting place in the world ("Annual Ice Cream Social" makes it on the news there) but hot damn!!! Gotta give him some credit, we know spending money ain't his thing so getting the local media to constantly provide him with free advertising is huge.

#740 4 years ago

How fitting that his last name is Van Splinter. Because it looks like you could get a hand splinter playing that Gorgar

07E1EF88-4499-404C-AA91-862796553D33 (resized).jpeg07E1EF88-4499-404C-AA91-862796553D33 (resized).jpeg
    #741 4 years ago

I'm gonna need confirmation but is that the first recorded photo of him wearing pants or shorts that don't have a draw string?!

Working our way up to elastic. Could a belt be next??!

#742 4 years ago
    Quoted from BillySastard:

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit.

Once the arcade closes, I see a possible future for Steve in used car sales.

“You didn’t order the metallic peat?
    This is the new wagon queen family truckster. This is a Damn Fine automobile...”

BCA9514E-2B58-4468-96F9-AB872B357068 (resized).jpegBCA9514E-2B58-4468-96F9-AB872B357068 (resized).jpeg
    #743 4 years ago

You think you hate it now? Wait till you drive it!

#744 4 years ago

What? No restoration videos or photos at Gameseum! Must be top secret.

#745 4 years ago

Why is his age constantly mentioned? It's brought up twice in that short article, and at the beginning of the arcade walkthrough. Am I supposed to be impressed that he's 21? Right now I roll my eyes every time is see it.

#746 4 years ago
    Quoted from BillySastard:

Why is his age constantly mentioned? It's brought up twice in that short article, and at the beginning of the arcade walkthrough. Am I supposed to be impressed that he's 21? Right now I roll my eyes every time is see it.

Probably because these days it seems 21 yr olds haven’t left the parents house yet, let alone have a full time job

#747 4 years ago
    Quoted from JayDee:

Probably because these days it seems 21 yr olds haven’t left the parents house yet, let alone have a full time job

Don't exactly think he has either...

#748 4 years ago

Another account? What a clown...

#749 4 years ago
    Quoted from Ronnie1114:

Another account? What a clown...

my fav part is the name he used... not very incognito at all...

#750 4 years ago
    Quoted from InfiniteLives:

my fav part is the name he used... not very incognito at all...

Idk...I'm sure he thought it was clever

There are 3,944 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 79.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gameseum-gaming-gala-sept-15/page/15?hl=wolverinetuner and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.