Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,944 posts
  • 215 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by robin
  • Topic is favorited by 55 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“When do you expect Gameseum to open for business?”

• Thanksgiving 2018 2 votes
      2%
    • Beginning of 2019 0 votes
    • March 2019 1 vote
      1%
    • April 2019 2 votes
      2%
    • "Summer" 2019 16 votes
      16%
    • It won't, but surely all donated money and machines will be returned. 80 votes
      79%

(101 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

download (resized).png
    Cyberbullying (resized).jpg
    06937ec6de46e466341c1b9b8e283cebbcdf51fc.png.jpg (resized).png
    6c4f86ab8711c7a3f71270bba621c1c51e279831.png.jpg (resized).png
    e87f011d764ae7b096ba18f74f10cc733a16412b.png.jpg (resized).png
    8E28E40B-E58A-4638-B4A0-6A4614B22CAA (resized).jpeg
    0FD16E5B-57B9-4296-9DE7-9CFAC564067C (resized).jpeg
    B46DA714-CFA6-4780-871A-16917769D91C (resized).jpeg
    0F07A909-BD47-42BA-A82F-74FE65890521 (resized).jpeg
    03F1224B-CCEF-44E0-8F49-9A47491F9049 (resized).jpeg
    Colson (resized).jpeg
    B4F28AA5-7D73-4FF3-9A7A-9AB65282D6E2 (resized).jpeg
    CC92318E-53CA-4CD8-B9A2-1E2F73A4E3D0 (resized).jpeg
    307046CF-33FB-4727-AD75-FDA55BA3DF76 (resized).jpeg
    AB72D8C3-B930-409A-89C0-8033C092E7F2 (resized).jpeg
    75E7F39D-2FCE-4D01-8DBE-4CCB47249F4F (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 3,944 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 79.
    #651 4 years ago
    Quoted from yzfguy:

I can't say I'd compare the gathering of old games to the inventing and creating that happened in that garage.

Agree. I just think it's great that he had the drive to get this done, even if it was rather unconventional. Lots of young slackers around these days.

#652 4 years ago
    Quoted from Chippewa-Pin:

Lots of young slackers around these days.

Kinda like using "Go Fund Me"
    -Mike

#653 4 years ago

If, in order to start a business, he has scrimped and saved for business capitol, purchased everything himself, gotten everything himself, paid for it himself, moved everything, repaired it all, renovated the store, etc etc etc...all himself (for the most part), then YES! I agree he truly deserves credit!!

If it was majority done through donated money and items, friends' and relatives' finances and hard work, etc....NO, sorry but I can't commend that. ANYBODY of ANY age can stand up and 'say look at me and what I did' if someone else made it happen.

I WILL commend him for having an interest in something like this, and trying. Far too many kids don't want to do crap or even have good, healthy interests/hobbies.

Sadly, it's is hard to get fed bs lines and watch many people in community get talked smack to (Directly or indirectly), etc. by same person over last couple years on multiple platforms.
    Yes, young people definitely have things to learn....but sometimes, when you see people trying to explain things just to help and it is on deaf ears, it really shows arrogance and/or ignorance very quickly...and can just as quickly lead to the downfall of things if not realized and corrected sooner than later...

We will see...

#654 4 years ago
    Quoted from Chippewa-Pin:

Wasn't there some computer company that started in a garage? I think they ended up OK.

Good point. Also the entire world was created in just six days so this museum will be WAY better since it took longer to open.

#655 4 years ago

Sorry but some of us are still sour about this kid asking for money cuz his grandmas basement flooded endangering his games, and when he was given money to buy pumps and fans he turned around and bought more games with it. And then there was the time his dog was dying and needed surgery to live and people gave him money for it, and the dog miraculously recovered without surgery, and the money was spent on Oreos and Cheetos instead of returning it or donating it to charity. And then after all that he goes on a rant here ripping on pinsiders saying we all suck, and then going on klov and calling us all stupid old mean dumbasses. If I’ve left anything out or am incorrect feel free to correct me. Ya, normally I’d be the first to congratulate him, but given his past it seems more like a bad joke.

#656 4 years ago
    Quoted from Phat_Jay:

Ya mean the very bestest a-double plus grander opening? Kid talks like a new chinese restaurant.

I guess why wasn't there a special $10 all day play or special visit from Kinko the Clown or an arcade/pinball tournament? From what I see the grand opening of July 20 came and went without any fanfare...

#657 4 years ago
    Quoted from VectorGamer:

I guess why wasn't there a special $10 all day play or special visit from Kinko the Clown or an arcade/pinball tournament? From what I see the grand opening of July 20 came and went without any fanfare...

Honestly....the FINAL official grand opening seemed like the least BOOMBASTIC or advertised thing yet....I was kinda surprised. They said they had to cancel catered food etc last month. SO...I REALLY did expect this was going to be SUPER deep in the BS, GRAND opening; With like food, music, tourneys, party, etc....

Hey, speaking of music....where IS all that music and jukebox stuff that was mentioned a long time ago?

And can we have a "glow party" yet????

After SOO long going on about all the things that will be there, and a website that still boasts most of that, maybe it should have been implemented by now???

#658 4 years ago
    Quoted from pacmanretro:

Honestly....the FINAL official grand opening seemed like the least BOOMBASTIC or advertised thing yet....I was kinda surprised. They said they had to cancel catered food etc last month. SO...I REALLY did expect this was going to be SUPER deep in the BS, GRAND opening; With like food, music, tourneys, party, etc....
    Hey, speaking of music....where IS all that music and jukebox stuff that was mentioned a long time ago?
    And can we have a "glow party" yet????
    After SOO long going on about all the things that will be there, and a website that still boasts most of that, maybe it should have been implemented by now???

I wasn’t surprised. Otaku seems like the least likely person to pick up the check at the table.

#659 4 years ago

Kinda surprised 12 local news agencies didn't cover his 7th grand opening celebration?

#660 4 years ago

My mind was so BLOWN with that new era 30+ year old machine last time, I still haven't recovered!

This comment, I'm gonna guess and say it's a Wonka!!!!!
    Screenshot_2019-07-22-17-10-18 (resized).pngScreenshot_2019-07-22-17-10-18 (resized).png

#661 4 years ago
    Quoted from Phat_Jay:

Sorry but some of us are still sour about this kid asking for money cuz his grandmas basement flooded endangering his games, and when he was given money to buy pumps and fans he turned around and bought more games with it. And then there was the time his dog was dying and needed surgery to live and people gave him money for it, and the dog miraculously recovered without surgery, and the money was spent on Oreos and Cheetos instead of returning it or donating it to charity. And then after all that he goes on a rant here ripping on pinsiders saying we all suck, and then going on klov and calling us all stupid old mean dumbasses. If I’ve left anything out or am incorrect feel free to correct me. Ya, normally I’d be the first to congratulate him, but given his past it seems more like a bad joke.

Wait, you forgot about the slandering of my wife...

#662 4 years ago
    Quoted from pacmanretro:

My mind was so BLOWN with that new era 30+ year old machine last time, I still haven't recovered!
    [quoted image]

It's all good to have vintage machines....but this BS, delusional hype CRAP is going to get old even to locals quickly.....a little humility yet there stevie?????

#663 4 years ago

I think he's counting on Ephrata folks to be so far removed from modern times that they still ride around in buggies, churn their own butter, and have never seen a DMD pinball.

#664 4 years ago
    Quoted from pacmanretro:

[quoted image]

Probably Earthshaker.

#665 4 years ago
    Quoted from DBLM:

Probably Earthshaker.

That's exactly what I was thinking but then I debated how he could afford one.

#666 4 years ago
    Quoted from Ericc123:

That's exactly what I was thinking but then I debated how he could afford one.

He either worked hard, scrimped, and saved.....or, he is already so far in the black with this packed place that it is company funds!

#667 4 years ago
    Quoted from Phat_Jay:

Can't wait for someone to say, hey he's just a kid. No actually he's been an adult now for three years. Yes we've all done dumb stuff when we were younger, but that's different from being dishonest and disrespectful....

#668 4 years ago

It's an Earthshaker. He was looking to buy one on the Mid Atlantic pinball Facebook page a few days back.

#669 4 years ago
    Quoted from yzfguy:

I can't say I'd compare the gathering of old games to the inventing and creating that happened in that garage.

That garage had a WOZ that made the magic happen.

Not sure a WOZ would help here.

#670 4 years ago

Hope he’s saving some $ to pay the bills.

#671 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinRob:

Hope he’s saving some $ to pay the bills.

Hope he’s making some money to pay the bills

#672 4 years ago

Earthshaker confirmed.

#673 4 years ago

Earthshaker is the newest and most technologically advanced? Gimme a break!

I saw somebody comment in one of his posts that theyd like to donate some games to him. At least people are willingly giving him stuff and he doesnt have to beg on GoFundMe, but still annoying to see.

#674 4 years ago

I’ll sell him an Earthshaker and send Dominos pizzas with it

#675 4 years ago

An F-14 blows my mind every time I see one....at air shows.

#677 4 years ago

Wtf. Hint : that’s not what it’s supposed to be!

#678 4 years ago

"I surprise myself sometimes with how much I know."

#680 4 years ago

I'm going to have to agree with lies etc. Ontop of ignorance on a number of the kids BS posts....saw someone got real good score on F-14; AWESOME for him. Then Steven has to go on saying how it was in their place only a couple weeks and his customers already have higher score than was EVER put on it at the arcade the game came from....are those magical forever memory batteries in that game? Was machine never cleared before he got it? Exaggerate much kid!?

This one cracked me up that I just saw. Simple honest feedback; response clearly by Steven as it is insane run on defensive talk.

Last line about "most of those" costing more than new Sterns!???....uhmmm yeah... Flat out liar. He has to know better than that. This is a small example of what I believe other poster's points were on here; There is an important difference in wording that makes it hype/exaggeration for your business verses looking a fool or liar.

Sorry for multi pics to look through....hard to fit one of his responses into one screen.

Note: bottom pic was original comment posted, but I messed up order of pics and can't get it back. So read bottom pic first before long response.
    Screenshot_2019-07-23-10-28-45 (resized).pngScreenshot_2019-07-23-10-28-45 (resized).pngScreenshot_2019-07-23-10-28-51 (resized).pngScreenshot_2019-07-23-10-28-51 (resized).pngScreenshot_2019-07-23-10-28-58 (resized).pngScreenshot_2019-07-23-10-28-58 (resized).png
    Effect_20190723_105212 (resized).jpgEffect_20190723_105212 (resized).jpg

#681 4 years ago

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit.

#682 4 years ago
    Quoted from BillySastard:

Perfect to put on his facebook page, even though it will last there for about 5 mins

#683 4 years ago

guess the kid went to the kaneda school of self promotion.. Just keep talking and forget about accuracy.. its just entertainment!

#684 4 years ago
    Quoted from BillySastard:

This is one of my favorite sayings.

#685 4 years ago
    Quoted from GWalton:

Earthshaker is the newest and most technologically advanced? Gimme a break!

See, you need to be educated by watching this pinball guru's latest video so you learn.

Apparently it is an A list game and is one of the best pinball machines of all time according to all around the world.

Also, you NEVER see them, but he has seen a lot of them...and...they are only ever in collector's homes now, but they are also still being operated in diners etc.

Why can't I just look away from the trainwreck sometimes....

#686 4 years ago

Galaga didn't even make the top 5? This place must be chalk full of hits!

#687 4 years ago

Chock.

#688 4 years ago

I could only watch like 7 seconds of his latest video before I started to cringe...

This is my favorite thread on Pinside right now. I practically jump out of my office chair every time I see new posts.

#689 4 years ago
    Quoted from VectorGamer:

I could only watch like 7 seconds of his latest video before I started to cringe...
    This is my favorite thread on Pinside right now. I practically jump out of my office chair every time I see new posts.

It’s like watching Chernobyl from the bridge without the after effects

#690 4 years ago

If you walk in there, peruse a whole row of beat up half-working/non working EMs, along with a skee ball where you have to keep your own score...

I'm pretty sure something like Earthshaker would indeed appear to be the pinnacle of pinball technology.

#691 4 years ago

For someone who wasn’t there back then, he certainly feels like he was. Odd that he’s never mentioned juke boxes, 45’s, air hockey, electronic dart boards, foosball, pool tables. You know, the minor things. He probably wouldn’t know what era to place them.

#692 4 years ago

1st I wish the kid success, he did it he is open and running. It’s all up to him on how it goes. In all honesty I hope you are able to succeed. If I’m ever in his area I will stop in give him the $25 for a day pass and play some games.

Okay now with that said.

The videos, the A++ classic row video games and even better then the 80's arcades they didn't even have all of these games??? I'm from a small town we had all of those and more, where is Frogger, Donkey Kong to name a few that are missing? Maybe those are A+++?
    I think we all want to offer some advice but we all know the kid won’t have it. But since I’m old I actually have been in arcades as a kid (13 years old in 1980) and in today’s arcades I will offer a little.

Color, we had it in the 80’s they still have it in arcades, add some color to the place. Locks, I know you’re on free play but you don’t want anyone getting hurt, order your locks from PBR same keys for everything that way keep 1 on your key chain and 1 on your girlfriends and lock up those coin doors you don’t want a kid or an adult getting hurt. Storage, don’t make your new arcade a storage unit, if they aren’t working get them out of there, put them in a storage unit, maybe 1 or two out of order games for a short time is okay, but don’t be that guy or place, its great you have all of these games but keep the working ones on the floor.

So this is a game museum correct? Why not add a little framed sheet above each game with the hype / facts, Frogger came out in 19XX there were 50 god zillion made the creator was Joe Blow and so on. Add some original flyers hype up the game and add some color all in 1 shot.

Good Luck Kid

#693 4 years ago

ES "One of the -A- list games of all time" I think he cleared 3 FOB (foot of bong) before he shot the video....

#694 4 years ago

L....M....F....A....O...

ALREADY bitching at customers now too!? SERIOUSLY????

And besides that....why the hell isn't this proprietary system working???????

Screenshot_2019-07-23-18-36-00 (resized).pngScreenshot_2019-07-23-18-36-00 (resized).pngScreenshot_2019-07-23-18-36-05 (resized).pngScreenshot_2019-07-23-18-36-05 (resized).png
    #695 4 years ago

Poetic justice in his place being overrun by moochers taking advantage of his revolutionary admission system.

If I were running a place like that I’d probably see hourly as a pain in the ass. Should probably just do an all day ticket, and a discounted evening ticket.

#696 4 years ago

Revolutionary..... A clock.

#697 4 years ago
    Quoted from yzfguy:

Revolutionary..... A clock.

NO!!!!
    Not a clock!!!

Read again....the customers setting their own timers on their phones apparently.

#698 4 years ago

Yep, hourly rate is going to be a PITA. But now he’s got a hard-limit and hardcoded limit so that will take care of all his probs.

#699 4 years ago

At least it isn't like the 80s arcades!

Enjoying puting in tokens and having special deal days/times on token purchases etc sucked

#700 4 years ago

Somehow his Earthshaker weighs 400 pounds, probably because it's the nicest one he's ever seen BY A MILE. It's also worth noting that Earthshaker is regarded as one of the best and also most classic of all time - and one of the highest regarded machines of all time!

Was this kid homeschooled or something?

925001E1-2C0E-4571-80C8-DFE3C057F879 (resized).jpeg925001E1-2C0E-4571-80C8-DFE3C057F879 (resized).jpeg

There are 3,944 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 79.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gameseum-gaming-gala-sept-15/page/14?hl=ericc123 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.