Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,944 posts
  • 215 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by robin
  • Topic is favorited by 55 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“When do you expect Gameseum to open for business?”

• Thanksgiving 2018 2 votes
      2%
    • Beginning of 2019 0 votes
    • March 2019 1 vote
      1%
    • April 2019 2 votes
      2%
    • "Summer" 2019 16 votes
      16%
    • It won't, but surely all donated money and machines will be returned. 80 votes
      79%

(101 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

download (resized).png
    Cyberbullying (resized).jpg
    06937ec6de46e466341c1b9b8e283cebbcdf51fc.png.jpg (resized).png
    6c4f86ab8711c7a3f71270bba621c1c51e279831.png.jpg (resized).png
    e87f011d764ae7b096ba18f74f10cc733a16412b.png.jpg (resized).png
    8E28E40B-E58A-4638-B4A0-6A4614B22CAA (resized).jpeg
    0FD16E5B-57B9-4296-9DE7-9CFAC564067C (resized).jpeg
    B46DA714-CFA6-4780-871A-16917769D91C (resized).jpeg
    0F07A909-BD47-42BA-A82F-74FE65890521 (resized).jpeg
    03F1224B-CCEF-44E0-8F49-9A47491F9049 (resized).jpeg
    Colson (resized).jpeg
    B4F28AA5-7D73-4FF3-9A7A-9AB65282D6E2 (resized).jpeg
    CC92318E-53CA-4CD8-B9A2-1E2F73A4E3D0 (resized).jpeg
    307046CF-33FB-4727-AD75-FDA55BA3DF76 (resized).jpeg
    AB72D8C3-B930-409A-89C0-8033C092E7F2 (resized).jpeg
    75E7F39D-2FCE-4D01-8DBE-4CCB47249F4F (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 3,944 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 79.
    #601 4 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

He needs to wash his hair. Maybe get it cut or styled too. Otherwise he will scare away the few customers he gets.

Might as well stack a few canoes outside and pipe in Dueling Banjos as your theme music

#602 4 years ago
    Quoted from 1974DeltaQueen:

Gee that’s F’d up . What's Next ? Here’s a pinball where the score reels don’t turn just grab a GayMuseum pad & pencil . SMFH

You could probably ask to borrow the abacus when he's not busy crediting up machines.

#603 4 years ago

Only a couple of SkyRockets were ever built? Should of held onto mine.

#604 4 years ago

So again, not defending this kid. And it goes without saying that he's made (and continues to make) a ton of mistakes and bad decisions.

But.....

He does have his place open. And while I know there are a couple of you guys that have pinball halls, and have fantastic collections, how many of you have (or can say you have) gotten this far along? It's easy to sit back and pile on, but what was it that Teddy Roosevelt said in his 'arena' speech?

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat."

Kudo's for that Steven. Hope you can figure a few other things out without getting beat up too bad along the way. And I have no doubt that in 20 years or so, you'll look back at everything you've done the past three years and wonder what the heck you were thinking.

#605 4 years ago
    Quoted from Dooskie:

So again, not defending this kid. And it goes without saying that he's made (and continues to make) a ton of mistakes and bad decisions.
    But.....
    He does have his place open. And while I know there are a couple of you guys that have pinball halls, and have fantastic collections, how many of you have (or can say you have) gotten this far along? It's easy to sit back and pile on, but what was it that Teddy Roosevelt said in his 'arena' speech?
    "It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat."
    Kudo's for that Steven. Hope you can figure a few other things out without getting beat up too bad along the way. And I have no doubt that in 20 years or so, you'll look back at everything you've done the past three years and wonder what the heck you were thinking.

I don't think T.R. ever repeatedly asked for hand outs...though I could be wrong....

Just sayin.

But sure. Nice of you to offer some advice and encouragement.

#606 4 years ago
    Quoted from ultimategameroom:

Even if you were near his location (looks like you are 3-4 hours away!!!)that’s a really lame thing to do/say. I checked out your website and your place looks amazing!
    If I’m ever in the area I’ll definately check it out!

Thanks for the kind words. I appreciate anyone that has been or heard of us to at least give us a shot. As you can see in this thread, prior to that I tried to be supportive. I don't know if it is true it was said or not but it kind of sad to hear these type of things. I have help so many other operators and arcade bar owners with every level of business to keep them going. He would have been no different but since he has all the answers I will cheer for him from the sidelines.

#607 4 years ago
    Quoted from brucipher:

Apparently he hasn't heard 32 inch screens aren't that big anymore...[quoted image]

Top notch Sceptre brand TVs right there!
    100 bucks each at Walmart. Huge investment!

#609 4 years ago
    Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

Thanks for the kind words. I appreciate anyone that has been or heard of us to at least give us a shot. As you can see in this thread, prior to that I tried to be supportive. I don't know if it is true it was said or not but it kind of sad to hear these type of things. I have help so many other operators and arcade bar owners with every level of business to keep them going. He would have been no different but since he has all the answers I will cheer for him from the sidelines.

?

#610 4 years ago
    Quoted from GWalton:

Top notch Sceptre brand TVs right there!
    100 bucks each at Walmart. Huge investment!

Even at $80 per tv with no tax that's $400. It might actually take him quite awhile to make that back in admissions. But hey at least he went big and didn't skimp out and go for the 24" model.

#611 4 years ago

Watched his video, cringe worthy for certain. I was born in 1970; his recollection of 80’s arcades is wildly different from mine.
    His endless hype of rarity and wonderment is disagreeable. Despite his personality, I wouldn't have any issue spending the full day $25 fee. There’s still enough in my opinion to warrant contributing that towards his success. Doubtful I would be there for very long, but lets give him some credit?

Absolutely I couldn't talk to him though

#612 4 years ago
    Quoted from Dooskie:

But.....

I don’t think teddy ever verbally flipped a room off before speaking either.... the kid did call pinsiders some very unsavory words.

#613 4 years ago
    Quoted from Dooskie:

Not defending this kid at all. However, 'lying' is a pretty harsh description. 'Fluffing' might be a better term, and every single business does it.

He's flat out lying every 30 seconds. Its so bad its actually good.

#614 4 years ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:

Only a couple of SkyRockets were ever built? Should of held onto mine.

That comment also caught my attention. Then, I realized that he was trying to explain that Bally made only 2 games designed by Harry Williams (Skyrocket and Firecracker). His excitement during the interview appears to have caused some incoherence.

I've decided to root for his success. I think that he should make a nice donation to Pinside for the generosity of many here, when he needed help saving his games from a flood.

So I wish his arcade much success. The kid is in his early twenties. He's running his own arcade. He's managed to find a girlfriend (despite the unkempt hairstyle).

Steve has decades to learn from his mistakes, just like us old-timers when we were his age. In the meantime, every new arcade, in its own way, serves to generate renewed interest in the hobby among the younger generations.

#615 4 years ago

Guy from that vid doing the filming needs to focus on the games. The shaggy dog was talking about each game and highlighting unique features about each, yet most of the time the camera was on the gameseum dude rather than the games and features being spoken about.

I gotta laugh at the way he could talk up a hand job from an armless pixie. Everything is apparently rare and the best of the era and the most desirable....

I would like to start a go fund me for not only some alternative to sweatpants, but a haircut or at the very least a brush and elastic to tie it back. Perhaps some spare $$’s for some dental work wouldn't go astray either.

Good luck to him with his venture, I honestly mean that. But a bit of humility and recognition of room for growth wouldn’t go astray.

#616 4 years ago

Just saw FB video on the all new console area that was widely talked about a long time ago.....uhmmm, yeah....

Well, no need for CRTs....systems aren't old enough for it to matter.

4 32" TVs on one folding table. Intended for a total of up to 14 people playing between systems.....uhmmmm.....

No wonder he wouldn't respond to peoples questions on FB about if he was getting CRTs, or even people sounding excited and asking what systems they would have.

Anyway....

Guess we are just waiting on the museum portion of the business/name to get put in before tomorrows grander opening.

Screenshot_2019-07-19-17-43-32 (resized).pngScreenshot_2019-07-19-17-43-32 (resized).png
    #617 4 years ago
    Quoted from pacmanretro:

Just saw FB video on the all new console area that was widely talked about a long time ago.....uhmmm, yeah....
    Well, no need for CRTs....systems aren't old enough for it to matter.
    4 32" TVs on one folding table. Intended for a total of up to 14 people playing between systems.....uhmmmm.....
    No wonder he wouldn't respond to peoples questions on FB about if he was getting CRTs, or even people sounding excited and asking what systems they would have.
    Anyway....
    Guess we are just waiting on the museum portion of the business/name to get put in before tomorrows grander opening.
    [quoted image]

He’s on to something. That’s gonna make a HUGE difference tomorrow. Game changer for sure. Hats off to you Otaku! Good luck

#618 4 years ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:

He’s on to something. That’s gonna make a HUGE difference tomorrow. Game changer for sure. Hats off to you Otaku! Good luck

Heck YEAH!

He even mentions how everyone can sit and enjoy playing these games like the expensive
    Goes for 70+ dollar super smash Bros! (Took less than a minute to find one shipped for under 30 on ebay....cough cough...BS....cough).

Just take turns sitting

In fairness, I did see other folding chairs in background by party group area...maybe that can be shared if console people will share drinking fountain or something.

Screenshot_2019-07-19-18-39-39 (resized).pngScreenshot_2019-07-19-18-39-39 (resized).png
    #619 4 years ago
    Quoted from pacmanretro:

Heck YEAH!
    He even mentions how everyone can sit
    Just take turns sitting.[quoted image]

Come on, he’s trying to recapture the nostalgia of having to sit on the floor at your house with you friends lol

#620 4 years ago

I enjoyed the pet carrier/ game system security thingy under the table it also doubles a safety Incase the table were to break. Do not want to damage those 32”ers.

#621 4 years ago
    Quoted from pacmanretro:

[quoted image]

This has to be a joke right? I'd say who came up with this stupid idea but I already know...

#622 4 years ago

From an insurance standpoint, I could see that folding table toppling over if someone gets to enthusiastic playing Mario Kart on the N64.

#623 4 years ago

I work with quite a few guys in their 20s and early 30s and they might prefer some Mario Cart to pinball. Lets see how it plays out.. I see he added Fireball Classic too. People who are not in the hobby are likely to enjoy F14 or an Em pin just as much as a $6500 new stern.

#624 4 years ago

This could’ve been cool, and fulfill his museum idea. Could’ve had a bunch of crts hooked up to atari’s, intellivisions, apple II’s and Nintendo’s showing the growth and evolution of home arcade systems. Heck coulda made a living room circa 1980 something with console tv, an orange sofa, couple green recliners on a shag carpet left over from the 70’s, woulda been kick ass. But no. He sets a few flat panels on a card table and calls it a day.
    Talk about phoning it in.....

#625 4 years ago
    Quoted from bonzo71:

People who are not in the hobby are likely to enjoy F14 or an Em pin just as much as a $6500 new stern.

That's curious, I was thinking it's the opposite. With video gaming and movies being prolific, the LCD and video integration is something more relatable and appealing and more likely to draw new people in.

Anyone have both types of machines and have newbs visit that can offer insights on this? Wasn't this a big factor that made WoZ more appealing to non-pinheads and also caught the attention of women that otherwise overlooked pinball?

#626 4 years ago
    Quoted from bonzo71:

I work with quite a few guys in their 20s and early 30s and they might prefer some Mario Cart to pinball. Lets see how it plays out.. I see he added Fireball Classic too. People who are not in the hobby are likely to enjoy F14 or an Em pin just as much as a $6500 new stern.

Yeah, I'm sure they will love playing on fold up chairs, plastic tables and rubbing knees with others. Sounds so exciting!

#627 4 years ago
    Quoted from Spencer:

Yeah, I'm sure they will love playing on fold up chairs, plastic tables and rubbing knees with others. Sounds so exciting!

That’s how we played Madden back in the day. You know you all had that one friend...that every damn single time it was 4th down all you heard was “It’s a fake!” For me, that was my boy Steve. MFer never punted.

#628 4 years ago
    Quoted from Phat_Jay:

This could’ve been cool, and fulfill his museum idea. Could’ve had a bunch of crts hooked up to atari’s, intellivisions, apple II’s and Nintendo’s showing the growth and evolution of home arcade systems. Heck coulda made a living room circa 1980 something with console tv, an orange sofa, couple green recliners on a shag carpet left over from the 70’s, woulda been kick ass. But no. He sets a few flat panels on a card table and calls it a day.

The National Video Game Museum in Frisco Texas has exhibits like this.
    They basically have a wall with all the different generations and manufacturers of console games over the years with plaques next to them telling you about the system.
    They also have some cool exhibits like a kids bedroom and decorated in a contemporary manner with a tube TV and console hooked up to it.
    There is also an exhibit that made out to look like a game store during the market crash in the mid 80s and there is a display bargain bin of NOS Atari 2600 cartridges with price tags on them with blow out price on them. It's a pretty well put together museum. Went there during TPF this year.
    Full vintage arcade there that is set up in a very authentic way the way the walls are painted etc.
    Worth checking out for sure.

The Nationaal Videogame Museum in Zoetermeer Netherlands has a lot of similar exhibits.
    Display cases with various console systems, vintage living room set ups with consoles and TVs, computer gaming areas, full arcade etc.
    Virtually all arcade, computer and console gaming though.
    There was only one pin when I was there which was Popeye Saves the Earth.

#629 4 years ago
    Quoted from Coindork:

The National Video Game Museum in Frisco Texas has exhibits like this.
    They basically have a wall with all the different generations and manufacturers of console games over the years with plaques next to them telling you about the system.
    They also have some cool exhibits like a kids bedroom and decorated in a contemporary manner with a tube TV and console hooked up to it.
    There is also an exhibit that made out to look like a game store during the market crash in the mid 80s and there is a display bargain bin of NOS Atari 2600 cartridges with price tags on them with blow out price on them. It's a pretty well put together museum. Went there during TPF this year.
    Full vintage arcade there that is set up in a very authentic way the way the walls are painted etc.
    Worth checking out for sure.
    The Nationaal Videogame Museum in Zoetermeer Netherlands has a lot of similar exhibits.
    Display cases with various console systems, vintage living room set ups with consoles and TVs, computer gaming areas, full arcade etc.
    Virtually all arcade, computer and console gaming though.
    There was only one pin when I was there which was Popeye Saves the Earth.

Yes! This is why I get worked up. It coulda been so much more! If he had just asked people who were there what it was like and took their ideas and ran with it. Instead of telling US what it was like. We were there man!

#630 4 years ago
    Quoted from Phat_Jay:

I'll admit that sounds cool and it would cost next to nothing other than the time and effort to pick up those old tv's.

#631 4 years ago
    Quoted from Phat_Jay:

Yes! This is why I get worked up. It coulda been so much more! If he had just asked people who were there what it was like and took their ideas and ran with it. Instead of telling US what it was like. We were there man!

As far as the console gaming section goes a lot of the items that could/should be used to give it an authentic vintage feel can be acquired for very little or in many cases free.
    Stacking 4 flat screen TVs on a folding table is a bad idea.
    Someone is going to get up from a chair and bang their knee on the table and send those falling to the floor.
    They are cheap TVs and will be broken in no time.

Period correct televisions (80s-90s) can be picked up for virtually nothing if not free via craigslist etc.
    The only ones that are in demand are certain 19 inch models that can be used for direct tube swaps with arcade monitors.
    People literally throw this sort of thing away or send it to the recycling center.
    If he spent some time scouring CL etc he could pick up plenty of vintage tube TVs and pair them with consoles that are around the same vintage.
    I.E. pair an Atari 2600 up with a vintage wood grain side TV, N64 with an all black Sony or Zenith etc.

The same thing goes for furniture.
    You can pick up entertainment centers, desks etc from the 80s for nothing.
    Most of it is well built and robust but is totally out of fashion at the moment and can be had for next to nothing.
    It might be very plain looking clear stained pine furniture, but it would be authentic looking and hold up well.
    Pair up a vintage entertainment center with a vintage TV, vintage game console and a vintage couch (thats clean) and that sets up a cool nostalgic environment.

#632 4 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

That’s how we played Madden back in the day. You know you all had that one friend...that every damn single time it was 4th down all you heard was “It’s a fake!” For me, that was my boy Steve. MFer never punted.

Lol, agreed but those were your friends.

#633 4 years ago
    Quoted from Phat_Jay:

Then open your own place. You could sell your bobble head look-alike's there!

#634 4 years ago

.... from my visit on Wednesday. Building has some cool Railroad murals and this was an old railroad freight building with the tracks right next to the building where the sidewalk is in front of the cars. Diagonally behind the building is the old Ephrata railroad station redone as township offices. Caboose across the street adds to the railroad theme so if you like railroads which I do so this was a first good impression.

1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg4 (resized).jpg4 (resized).jpg5 (resized).jpg5 (resized).jpg
    #635 4 years ago

I went to Gameseum knowing what Steven has gone through and that he is doing this his way so I didn't expect a full blown place full of working pins. There were 3 SSs, Comet played well but had display issues so you didn't know what ball you were on. F-14 and Gorgar played real good. The SSs are set to 3 balls and the EMs set to 5 balls. 8 EMs were turned on. Yes, there were the missing leg bolt pins and coin doors open on some which is a safety concern. The 5 EMs from Team One to Wild Wild West are non working and all except 4 Square look in decent shape so hopefully he can get these running. Rancho and Skipper are also "museum pieces". Strato Flight played well, MIBS played ok but the marbles didn't shoot up, Magnotron played ok, Lady Luck played but scoring was funky. Mayfair played real good. One reason I went there was to play Skyrocket as I have the partner game Firecracker. I know Skyrocket doesn't look that good but it played well however had a quirk were the lit 5,000 point firework playfield light gave you an extra ball. The firework display did work and is neat to watch as it stays rotating the lights until your ball hits a target/hole.

I would not drive far to go to this place but the next time I'm working in Ephrata, I will stop by to see how things are going. Folks around Ephrata may never have been to a real arcade before to know what a bigger venue has to offer with lots of games so maybe this kid can make a go of it at 22, I know when I was 22, I sure couldn't.

10 (resized).jpg10 (resized).jpg11 (resized).jpg11 (resized).jpg12 (resized).jpg12 (resized).jpg6 (resized).jpg6 (resized).jpg7 (resized).jpg7 (resized).jpg8 (resized).jpg8 (resized).jpg9 (resized).jpg9 (resized).jpg
    #636 4 years ago

rocketman is this today? Isn't it supposed to be the new grand re-opening or something?

#637 4 years ago

Somehow this thread always makes me think of Jonathan Davis.
    B33166A1-0E44-4574-B1E2-A7AE4EDAC811 (resized).jpegB33166A1-0E44-4574-B1E2-A7AE4EDAC811 (resized).jpeg

9449D213-091A-405E-98AB-5E874D3450A0 (resized).jpeg9449D213-091A-405E-98AB-5E874D3450A0 (resized).jpeg
    #638 4 years ago
    Quoted from rocketman:

I went to Gameseum knowing what Steven has gone through and that he is doing this his way so I didn't expect a full blown place full of working pins. There were 3 SSs, Comet played well but had display issues so you didn't know what ball you were on. F-14 and Gorgar played real good. The SSs are set to 3 balls and the EMs set to 5 balls. 8 EMs were turned on. Yes, there were the missing leg bolt pins and coin doors open on some which is a safety concern. The 5 EMs from Team One to Wild Wild West are non working and all except 4 Square look in decent shape so hopefully he can get these running. Rancho and Skipper are also "museum pieces". Strato Flight played well, MIBS played ok but the marbles didn't shoot up, Magnotron played ok, Lady Luck played but scoring was funky. Mayfair played real good. One reason I went there was to play Skyrocket as I have the partner game Firecracker. I know Skyrocket doesn't look that good but it played well however had a quirk were the lit 5,000 point firework playfield light gave you an extra ball. The firework display did work and is neat to watch as it stays rotating the lights until your ball hits a target/hole.
    I would not drive far to go to this place but the next time I'm working in Ephrata, I will stop by to see how things are going. Folks around Ephrata may never have been to a real arcade before to know what a bigger venue has to offer with lots of games so maybe this kid can make a go of it at 22, I know when I was 22, I sure couldn't.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks for posting this.
    All things considered, I actually don't think the place looks all that bad.
    All BS aside, I have to give Steve some credit for actually pulling this off.
    I know when I was in my early 20s I could not have done it.
    My priorities at that age were more along the lines of drinking and chasing tail.
    Anyhow, if most of the EM pins are working I would stop in there and play them.
    EM pins are certainly not my main thing, but I enjoy playing them from time to time.
    Its only $10, hell I pay more than that for parking sometimes and thats about the cost of a beer at a concert these days.

Yes he may be goofy and a bit clueless in many departments, but if he can survive a few years this place has potential to become something more.
    He's clearly way under capitalized as is apparent from many of his choices and the quality of his games, but the foundation is there.
    If he can survive long enough and build on it, more and better quality games will come eventually.
    You would be surprised the kind of games he will probably get offered in the next few years if he can stay in business.
    I know a couple of the local arcade owners here get offered some pretty cool stuff from the random non pinball or non arcade person that have a machine at home and don't know what to do with it.

The place certainly needs some decor and stuff to hang on the walls.
    I'm going to go dig in my garage this weekend and mail him some stuff.
    I'm sure I have a stack of pinball flyers, arcade posters and stuff like that just collecting dust.
    Got some extra leg bolts ill throw in the package as well that I'm sure will go to good use.
    Even though this kid is as fucked up as a soup sandwich, I hope he pulls it off.

#639 4 years ago
    Quoted from tjprice222:

rocketman is this today? Isn't it supposed to be the new grand re-opening or something?

Read post #634 Wed.

#640 4 years ago

I've posted a few sarcastic but not mean posts in this thread. I'm giving the kid a little credit after seeing the end results.

Everyone can look back a few years on themselves and think WTF. Learn as you go.

With that said, get a haircut.

#641 4 years ago

Do you all really think he is doing this on his own? I don't

#642 4 years ago
    Quoted from rocketman:

I would not drive far to go to this place but the next time I'm working in Ephrata, I will stop by to see how things are going. Folks around Ephrata may never have been to a real arcade before to know what a bigger venue has to offer with lots of games so maybe this kid can make a go of it at 22, I know when I was 22, I sure couldn't.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

How were you able to play any games with so many people there?!
    Sorry, just had to say it. Haha

Btw, there have been plenty of real arcades near Ephrata over the years.

#643 4 years ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

Do you all really think he is doing this on his own? I don't

No, I don't.
    My guess would be convinced a family member or something along those lines (but thats just speculations).
    It costs a lot of money to start a business no matter how cheap you try to do it.

#644 4 years ago

Theres an old saying that "there is no such thing as bad publicity".
    Thought I would mention that even threads like this help promote his location in a sense by keeping it in public view, and relevant.

Funny story about that.
    In the 90s I had a client that owned several adult book stores.
    Your typical brick and mortar jack shack where you could buy videos, toys etc with movie booths in the back.
    One day there was a christian group out front protesting holding signs that said stuff like "burn in hell", "Jesus knows what you're doing" and other colorful things.
    They were literally out there for days protesting in front of this guys store.
    Anyhow, after a few days he called the local news station and they sent a van down and filmed a piece on the protest.
    The next day the protestors didn't show up.
    I guess they figured that since the news showed up and covered the story they won or achieved their goal.
    My client told me that his business took off after that.
    People were coming in saying things like "I had no idea you guys were here until I say it on the news".

#645 4 years ago
    Quoted from rocketman:

No backglass on Rancho, I’m taking it as sarcasm referring to them as “museum pieces”
    . I got a crappy Rancho glass he could use instead of nothing

#646 4 years ago
    Quoted from 1974DeltaQueen:

No backglass on Rancho, I’m taking it as sarcasm referring to them as “museum pieces”
    . I got a crappy Rancho glass he could use instead of nothing

Start a go fund me account for him to buy it from you.

#647 4 years ago

So what was grand about his opening on Saturday? I didn't see anything posted leading up to it except for the unveiling of the console gaming folding table and chairs.

#648 4 years ago

Ya mean the very bestest a-double plus grander opening? Kid talks like a new chinese restaurant.

#649 4 years ago

I give the kid credit. He has a decent foundation to build from. Wasn't there some computer company that started in a garage? I think they ended up OK.

#650 4 years ago
    Quoted from Chippewa-Pin:

I give the kid credit. He has a decent foundation to build from. Wasn't there some computer company that started in a garage? I think they ended up OK.

I can't say I'd compare the gathering of old games to the inventing and creating that happened in that garage.

There are 3,944 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 79.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gameseum-gaming-gala-sept-15/page/13?hl=ericc123 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.