Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,944 posts
  • 215 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by robin
  • Topic is favorited by 55 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“When do you expect Gameseum to open for business?”

• Thanksgiving 2018 2 votes
      2%
    • Beginning of 2019 0 votes
    • March 2019 1 vote
      1%
    • April 2019 2 votes
      2%
    • "Summer" 2019 16 votes
      16%
    • It won't, but surely all donated money and machines will be returned. 80 votes
      79%

(101 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

download (resized).png
    Cyberbullying (resized).jpg
    06937ec6de46e466341c1b9b8e283cebbcdf51fc.png.jpg (resized).png
    6c4f86ab8711c7a3f71270bba621c1c51e279831.png.jpg (resized).png
    e87f011d764ae7b096ba18f74f10cc733a16412b.png.jpg (resized).png
    8E28E40B-E58A-4638-B4A0-6A4614B22CAA (resized).jpeg
    0FD16E5B-57B9-4296-9DE7-9CFAC564067C (resized).jpeg
    B46DA714-CFA6-4780-871A-16917769D91C (resized).jpeg
    0F07A909-BD47-42BA-A82F-74FE65890521 (resized).jpeg
    03F1224B-CCEF-44E0-8F49-9A47491F9049 (resized).jpeg
    Colson (resized).jpeg
    B4F28AA5-7D73-4FF3-9A7A-9AB65282D6E2 (resized).jpeg
    CC92318E-53CA-4CD8-B9A2-1E2F73A4E3D0 (resized).jpeg
    307046CF-33FB-4727-AD75-FDA55BA3DF76 (resized).jpeg
    AB72D8C3-B930-409A-89C0-8033C092E7F2 (resized).jpeg
    75E7F39D-2FCE-4D01-8DBE-4CCB47249F4F (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 3,944 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 79.
    #551 4 years ago

Wow, Levi really loves this kid...

Does he remind you of someone perhaps?

The emphatic frustration gives the impression of you time-traveling to your past self, yelling sage advice! LOL...

#552 4 years ago
    Quoted from VectorGamer:

That's great if you're local. Not so much if you travel over an hour to visit for the day.

Exactly. I also haven't had the best experience with the owner when I was interested in buying a machine he had for sale...but that's another thread.

If you are in central PA looking to drive a little for pinball and want to go somewhere with some great machines, alcohol and great food...I highly recommend Holy Frijoles in Baltimore.

#553 4 years ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

Fuck that, everything should be included in the admission!!

Quoted from VectorGamer:

That's great if you're local. Not so much if you travel over an hour to visit for the day.

I'm not defending it by any means. I'm just saying that it is an option that they offer.

#554 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

This kid has to learn the art of NOT typing.
    The word salads he keeps unleashing on his customers and potential customers say nothing with an incredibly large volume of words. This is NOT what people need to be reading, it comes off as a confused mosaic of excuses and non-sequiturs that will only serve to lose him business. The entire hodgepodge he crapped out could have simply been boiled down to "Our team is working to ensure our pinball machines are in top condition. Please bear with us as we make this a reality!" or something.
    You are never going to convince people who are annoyed that your shitty collection of bargain basement, free, and dumpster find pinball machines are not working that they are not annoyed. It doesn't work that way. Tell them what you are doing about the problem and when they can expect it to be fixed. Don't talk down to your customers and tell them they are idiots for thinking a bunch of machines you promised they could play should be working, and that hey, we have a Galaga you can play instead.
    The proprietor acted like a dipshit in various online arcade forums from Day 1, and that's great, he's entitled to do that and has taken advantage of that right just like many before him. But he's in customer service now, and simply can't behave the same way. Customers and potential customers are less likely than ever to respond well to that treatment, and since the only way most humans interact these days is through customer reviews, that's incredibly bad news for his new business venture.
    Stop treating your customers like they are idiots.
    Q: "Why don't you have the full size blue and pink Ms. Pac Man I remember?"
    A: "You are a moron, the ugly, smaller cabaret version is way more awesome!"
    Q: "Why are half of your pinball machines broken?"
    A: "You are in idiot. It's more like 46 percent are broken, and also you moron don't you know that pinball machines are always broken that's just how it is, despite the fact that I told everybody I'm a pinball machine repair pro when I was begging for their money. STFU and come play Super Mario Bros!!!"
    I'm just suggesting a lighter, more direct, and less bullshit infused approach.

When you're 21 you know everything, and everyone else is an idiot. As an assistant golf professional when I was 22 through 25 years old, there wasn't anything you could tell me. My first job as a head professional, same thing. I look back on that now and just shake my head. Fortunately people liked me, a couple of successful business people and long-time golf professionals spent some time with me, and they were a big help. Fortunately I was smart enough to listen.

The same thing with happen with Steven. Hopefully he'll connect with someone that he respects, he'll realize that he has two ears and one mouth for a reason, and he'll look back on all of this and (possibly) wish he'd gone about things a little differently. He may or may not realize the opportunity that was knocking at his door with this great group of guys with all of this knowledge on Pinside.

#555 4 years ago
    s4f1k (resized).jpgs4f1k (resized).jpg
    #556 4 years ago
    Quoted from HighVoltage:

Wow, Levi really loves this kid...
    Does he remind you of someone perhaps?
    The emphatic frustration gives the impression of you time-traveling to your past self, yelling sage advice! LOL...

I admire his love and dedication to old pinball machines, and I also admire his balls, if not the fact that you are likely to see them if you go to the Gameseum thanks to his almost pathological dependence on sweatshorts. I just don't like the looks of what I'm seeing so far - he doesn't seem to realize that while he can act like a clown online as a rep of his new business he needs to be more of a pro. I hope he figures that out soon!

#557 4 years ago

I just noticed FB post from other day that said something about Area51 arcade being worked on....I guess now both pinballers and vid players can share the Galaga

#558 4 years ago
    Quoted from pacmanretro:

I just noticed FB post from other day that said something about Area51 arcade being worked on....I guess now both pinballers and vid players can share the Galaga

Play Galaga! No waiting ... well some waiting ... check that ... no waiting on Galaga !!

#559 4 years ago
    Quoted from starfighter:

Play Galaga! No waiting ... well some waiting ... check that ... no waiting on Galaga !!

Nah...I'm guessing for 10/Hr, people will be lined up to play NES version of Duck Hunt on an lcd screen

#560 4 years ago

Found this video of a walkthrough:

#561 4 years ago

Umm....excuse me steven. I was around in the eighties. I went to arcades in the eighties. They all had great games, and they all worked. If they didnt, they went out of business, fast. Tell me again about your personal experience in the eighties....

#562 4 years ago

I was just thinking the same thing, kid born in '98 telling me what was in the arcades in the 80's? And whose "A++" list is this? And why doesn't your A++ Mortal Kombat have a working marquee light?

Oh you'll never see one of these... Unless you drive 20 minutes south to Decades, that is.

#563 4 years ago

Hey he's got one of the newer pinball machines F-14. It's also very expensive - Ha!

#564 4 years ago
    Quoted from emkay:

I was just thinking the same thing, kid born in '98 telling me what was in the arcades in the 80's? And whose "A++" list is this? And why doesn't your A++ Mortal Kombat have a working marquee light?
    Oh you'll never see one of these... Unless you drive 20 minutes south to Decades, that is.

Or 30 minutes south to timeline?

This guy is such a clown shoe

#565 4 years ago

He had definitely smoked his share of dope!!!!!!

#566 4 years ago
    Quoted from MiamiRedSkin:

Wow.
    Listening to the 1st minute of the video tells you everything you need to know about this dude.

#567 4 years ago

Can he go more than 30 seconds without mentioning how great he is?
    Has he never been to a decent arcade?
    No, your collection of games is not exceptional, unusual, or better than any other arcade, current or previous.

#568 4 years ago

He needs to wash his hair. Maybe get it cut or styled too. Otherwise he will scare away the few customers he gets.

#569 4 years ago

Ok, so I’ll admit that I piled on this kid several times in this thread and have no regrets doing it after seeing how he treated others on here. BUT, I’ll also man up and admit that after seeing that video, I have to give him kudos for his gumption to try and make this arcade a success. Don’t get me wrong, he’s doing stupid shit left and right but I respect the fact that he really believes he’s got something going. And even if his shit isn’t as rare or mint as he says it is, he’s still promoting it that way which I can’t really blame him about. When your in business, you promote yourself as being the best, otherwise you fail because if you don’t believe in yourself, nobody else will either. Now, after saying that, he is still too young to know that he doesn’t know shit. And that will be his downfall.
    I’ll still be giving him shit though as he seems to warrant it on a daily basis. Just wanted to admit that I gained a little bit of respect for him. Just a little though.

#570 4 years ago
    Quoted from Phat_Jay:

Umm....excuse me steven. I was around in the eighties. I went to arcades in the eighties. They all had great games, and they all worked. If they didnt, they went out of business, fast. Tell me again about your personal experience in the eighties....

What I wouldnt give to be in an 80s arcade again! This kid has no clue what it was like. He does nothing but shit on the era and the people of the era that he's trying to recapture.

#571 4 years ago

I get hes trying to promote his business, but the amount of bs he spews is just insulting. Hes gonna learn quick that his customers aren't as stupid as he makes them out to be

#572 4 years ago

I also like the unlocked and open coindoor on a powered up em game. I seriously doubt he does, but I hope he has insurance. One kid touches the coindoor lockout coil and lawsuit!

#573 4 years ago

I love the deep cuts.

#574 4 years ago

Definitely more of a video arcade, hope he succeeds!

#575 4 years ago

Sweet collection of rare mint games dude. Really like how you capture the 80’s and made it even better

#576 4 years ago

I remember the 80’s arcades very well. They were very bland and you’d walk around around staring at the worn out EM games from the 60’s and 70’s. SS pins were non-existence and super rare.

#577 4 years ago

Nevermind.

#578 4 years ago

I think this means that my ratty collection is more rare and valuable than I thought!

#579 4 years ago

I must admit, that video is a head scratcher...his "recollection" of the 80's arcade scene is far different than my own...

#580 4 years ago

OMG 45 seconds in to this video I'm calling his bullshit. My mall arcade had over 100 machines BITD. This was well before this guy was born. And today we have Galloping Ghost, Funspot and Pinball PA to name a few. He's flat out lying to get people to think that Gameseum is "the place" to play arcade games as if they can't be played anywhere else.

#581 4 years ago

the thing that really does it for me, if you are going to have long hair, either male or female you really need to look after it.

#582 4 years ago
    Quoted from illawarra92:

the thing that really does it for me, if you are going to have long hair, either male or female you really need to look after it.

Yeah. I mean, I am VERY "to each their own" type person with styles etc.

I used to love being me when I was young, but you begin to learn early on that hanging out with friends/doing your own thing is not the same game as being professional or running a business.

Not making a personal comment but in general, scraggly hair and sweatpants doesn't scream "professional" or "come have your event here"... just the truth, not being mean saying that.

#583 4 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

He needs to wash his hair. Maybe get it cut or styled too. Otherwise he will scare away the few customers he gets.

Maybe in a normal town, but we're talking about a tiny little middle class ghetto with a drug problem so bad they sent Artie Lange there for rehab. Last time I went to their annual fair I felt like I should be passing out free condoms and toothbrushes.

#584 4 years ago
    Quoted from rocketman:

I'll be working in Ephrata tomorrow and will stop by the Gameseum
    I will report back what I see

Hitting F5 on this thread waiting for this...

#585 4 years ago

That video was great. Steven cracks me up.

#586 4 years ago

It was entertaining to watch. How everything is so rare and so fun and how everything they do is the best, etc etc. I mean I get it, you need to up sell your business. But knowing what he really has it’s just fun to watch him up sell it all. Pretty funny

#587 4 years ago

Think I’ll wait until I’ve had a few beers to finish viewing. The first minute was funny. Hope he keeps ‘em coming.

#588 4 years ago
    Quoted from VectorGamer:

Hitting F5 on this thread waiting for this...

I was there yesterday and need to report more of my visit later today when I'm not at work and can write more. Briefly, the location is excellent in the downtown part of town in an old railroad freight building with plenty of parking and a beautiful railroad mural on the building outside and good size Gameseum sign. I didn't really know where the location was and drove by it while working. Yes, there are games that are not 100% working but I was kept busy playing for an hour. F-14 and Gorgar played excellent. The EMs are hit and miss. I talked to Steven and have to admit I wish him the best of luck and I know he is doing things his way and unconventional but he is doing this and hopefully the town of Ephrata will support him ....

#589 4 years ago
    Quoted from VectorGamer:

OMG 45 seconds in to this video I'm calling his bullshit. My mall arcade had over 100 machines BITD. This was well before this guy was born. And today we have Galloping Ghost, Funspot and Pinball PA to name a few. He's flat out lying to get people to think that Gameseum is "the place" to play arcade games as if they can't be played anywhere else.

Not defending this kid at all. However, 'lying' is a pretty harsh description. 'Fluffing' might be a better term, and every single business does it.

#590 4 years ago

He needs a Hercules.. Ultra-Rare, but he has one [under restoration of course]. The Pinball is a Cue Ball!!!!!

#591 4 years ago
    Quoted from Dooskie:

'lying' is a pretty harsh description. 'Fluffing' might be a better term, and every single business does it.

You're probably right. Feeling hypomanic today.

#592 4 years ago

He's got to be kidding. Look at Aladdin's Castle or Space Ports?????

#593 4 years ago
    Quoted from Phat_Jay:

This is so far off base. F14 is new to him. It was made in the 80s. I think he has some nice games but his history lesson is way off base. I don't think he even believes what he is saying.

#594 4 years ago
    Quoted from VectorGamer:

Absolutely 100% correct. Someone came to one of my sites where we have 50 pinball machines and said that he was told by the owner that our place is crap. The customer said he didn't know what to expect when coming to my site. He was blown away and said that the owner is misleading people that want to play coin op games. Sad but I still wish him the best as I am not malicious in that way. There are enough games and customers for all of us. GL!!

#595 4 years ago

Anyone please correct me if I’m wrong but here’s what I counted in the video walk thru:
    1) A++ video games (9)
    2) pins (14)
    3) cocktail video games (2)
    4) upright video games (11)

“Currently being restored” or “went down the other day”
    1) pins (4)
    2) video games (10)

“Mostly everything working”seems like a stretch as they account for almost 1/3 of the total count currently on site.

This reminds me of a tv show I saw about Rolls Royce motor cars. The company would say that “their vehicles Did Not break down, they simply failed to proceed!”

#596 4 years ago
    Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

Absolutely 100% correct. Someone came to one of my sites where we have 50 pinball machines and said that he was told by the owner that our place is crap. The customer said he didn't know what to expect when coming to my site. He was blown away and said that the owner is misleading people that want to play coin op games. Sad but I still wish him the best as I am not malicious in that way. There are enough games and customers for all of us. GL!!

Even if you were near his location (looks like you are 3-4 hours away!!!)that’s a really lame thing to do/say. I checked out your website and your place looks amazing!
    If I’m ever in the area I’ll definately check it out!

#597 4 years ago

My favorite part of the video is when he shows the broken down skee ball..

"It's not working but you can still throw the balls and keep your own score!"

#598 4 years ago

Apparently he hasn't heard 32 inch screens aren't that big anymore...

Screenshot_20190717-225211_Facebook (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190717-225211_Facebook (resized).jpg
    #599 4 years ago
    Quoted from brucipher:

Apparently he hasn't heard 32 inch screens aren't that big anymore...[quoted image]

Maybe he should have gone for some 32"+ CRTs....probably find them almost free if you, say had plans on opening a gameroom and decided to keep an eye out over a year ago.

#600 4 years ago
    Quoted from pinlink:

My favorite part of the video is when he shows the broken down skee ball..
    "It's not working but you can still throw the balls and keep your own score!"

Gee that’s F’d up . What's Next ? Here’s a pinball where the score reels don’t turn just grab a GayMuseum pad & pencil . SMFH

There are 3,944 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 79.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gameseum-gaming-gala-sept-15/page/12?hl=cabuford and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.