Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,944 posts
  • 215 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by robin
  • Topic is favorited by 55 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“When do you expect Gameseum to open for business?”

• Thanksgiving 2018 2 votes
      2%
    • Beginning of 2019 0 votes
    • March 2019 1 vote
      1%
    • April 2019 2 votes
      2%
    • "Summer" 2019 16 votes
      16%
    • It won't, but surely all donated money and machines will be returned. 80 votes
      79%

(101 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

download (resized).png
    Cyberbullying (resized).jpg
    06937ec6de46e466341c1b9b8e283cebbcdf51fc.png.jpg (resized).png
    6c4f86ab8711c7a3f71270bba621c1c51e279831.png.jpg (resized).png
    e87f011d764ae7b096ba18f74f10cc733a16412b.png.jpg (resized).png
    8E28E40B-E58A-4638-B4A0-6A4614B22CAA (resized).jpeg
    0FD16E5B-57B9-4296-9DE7-9CFAC564067C (resized).jpeg
    B46DA714-CFA6-4780-871A-16917769D91C (resized).jpeg
    0F07A909-BD47-42BA-A82F-74FE65890521 (resized).jpeg
    03F1224B-CCEF-44E0-8F49-9A47491F9049 (resized).jpeg
    Colson (resized).jpeg
    B4F28AA5-7D73-4FF3-9A7A-9AB65282D6E2 (resized).jpeg
    CC92318E-53CA-4CD8-B9A2-1E2F73A4E3D0 (resized).jpeg
    307046CF-33FB-4727-AD75-FDA55BA3DF76 (resized).jpeg
    AB72D8C3-B930-409A-89C0-8033C092E7F2 (resized).jpeg
    75E7F39D-2FCE-4D01-8DBE-4CCB47249F4F (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 3,944 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 79.
    #451 4 years ago
    Quoted from vicjw66:

Worst pizza ever.

For an extra $1.00, try their "Extra, Mostest, Bestest" pizza. After all, it's only a dollar......

#452 4 years ago
    Quoted from JayDee:

Is there an oven on premises? And if there is, does it work?

I would guess oven is the only thing that works there....

#453 4 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

For an extra $1.00, try their "Extra, Mostest, Bestest" pizza. After all, it's only a dollar......

If I’m going to eat food that’s bad for me, it’s going to be of high quality. At some point, you stop going to buffets, you don’t eat crappy store brand ice cream, and you don’t eat pizza from papa johns, Pizza Hut or little caesars.

#454 4 years ago
    Quoted from vicjw66:

If I’m going to eat food that’s bad for me, it’s going to be of high quality. At some point, you stop going to buffets, you don’t eat crappy store brand ice cream, and you don’t eat pizza from papa johns, Pizza Hut or little caesars.

I don't know man. When you have young kids and you're on the go, you find yourself eating some random ass shit.
    I had a friend over one time working on pins and I asked him if I could get hime anything (food, drink etc)
    He replied, "could you make me a hot pocket".
    I replied, "how did you know we had hot pockets".
    His reply, "dude, you have kids".

#455 4 years ago
    Quoted from Coindork:

I don't know man. When you have young kids and you're on the go, you find yourself eating some random ass shit.
    I had a friend over one time working on pins and I asked him if I could get hime anything (food, drink etc)
    He replied, "could you make me a hot pocket".
    I replied, "how did you know we had hot pockets".
    His reply, "dude, you have kids".

Hot Pockets are dangerous. Slightly warm on the outside, molten Lava on the inside. How many roofs of our mouths have to be victimized by this evil food.

I have a young child too, and I suppose as he gets older I might have to take him to McDonalds for a special treat if he really wants it. (I haven't eaten at McDonalds since the great food poisoning incident of 1992.

But I personally will not be eating McDonalds. Having said all that, Smuckers makes a frozen PB and J sandwich that looks like a hot pocket that my kid loves. I thaw it naturally, as microwaving to thaw it is a dangerous proposition.

Wait, what's this thread about again?

44BF81EB-C45C-43E4-998D-F327115AAA7F (resized).jpeg44BF81EB-C45C-43E4-998D-F327115AAA7F (resized).jpeg
    #456 4 years ago
    Quoted from vicjw66:

Hot Pockets are dangerous. Slightly warm on the outside, molten Lava on the inside. How many roofs of our mouths have to be victimized by this evil food.
    I have a young child too, and I suppose as he gets older I might have to take him to McDonalds for a special treat if he really wants it. (I haven't eaten at McDonalds since the great food poisoning incident of 1992.
    But I personally will not be eating McDonalds. Having said all that, Smuckers makes a frozen PB and J sandwich that looks like a hot pocket that my kid loves. I thaw it naturally, as microwaving to thaw it is a dangerous proposition.
    Wait, what's this thread about again?[quoted image]

Fuck that looks tasty

#457 4 years ago

I definitely follow the "I usually pick quality these days" mentality, but there is still definitely room for cheap, trashy food.

I've been known to grab an uncrustable from the freezer late at night, and I still love the occasional totino's pizza rolls.

As for the Gameseum... The kid has made it clear he doesn't want help, so I am very content to sit back and watch. I sincerely hope he is successful and hope he matures through the process. Either way, life + time have a way of teaching you things.

#458 4 years ago
    Quoted from EricHadley:

Fuck that looks tasty

Plus unhealthy as hell too!!

#459 4 years ago

The greatest pizza in your grocer's freezer section is, in fact, Stouffer's French Bread Pizza. Everything else is grossly overpriced for what it is.

My pizza offer still stands.

#460 4 years ago

At this point there should be some kind of prize for the first pinsider to go to the Gameseum and report back.

#461 4 years ago

I’ll buy them a Dominos pizza

#462 4 years ago

Quite a few decent local pizza restaurants in Ephrata. Makes me want to go!
    535DE272-D941-439F-8AB7-AF044043839A (resized).png535DE272-D941-439F-8AB7-AF044043839A (resized).png8BF6C9C1-07F1-4CB2-9821-4F88ADCDD7B8 (resized).png8BF6C9C1-07F1-4CB2-9821-4F88ADCDD7B8 (resized).png

45148C6D-A148-4430-8140-774E6AAF6508 (resized).png45148C6D-A148-4430-8140-774E6AAF6508 (resized).png
    #463 4 years ago
    Quoted from vicjw66:

Thats no joke, hot pockets will burn the hell out the roof of your mouth up.
    An experienced hot pocketer becomes skilled in knowing the precise amount of time it should be in the microwave.
    10 seconds too short and its still frozen in the middle, 10 second too long and you just burnt off all your taste buds.
    It's an acquired skill.

#464 4 years ago

Wow...not sure how I missed this thread all this time! Just found it today.

So my buddy and I went to Gameseum on Saturday. Boy was it depressing! There were games all over the place that had "restoration in process" signs on them, a lot of the arcade games didn't have credits on them with signs stating "ask to have credits added", and the quality of the majority of the games was poor (as others have mentioned, trash games). I didn't know there was such a history with the owner and honestly had not been paying too much attention to any of the news articles or videos. Just wanted to check out the new local arcade.

My buddy is obsessed with Donkey Kong, and was looking forward to playing it based on a photo he had seen. The game was not there. When my buddy asked the owner where it was, he said it was down and made some comment about how finicky the game is (or something like that). My buddy owns a Donkey Kong and I could tell he thought that was odd.

The owner was pretty much just sitting around doing nothing, and I thought "shouldn't he be using his time restoring all of these machines?!".

We spent close to one hour there, and it was such a LONG hour! I was so bored. We were so disappointed we hopped in the car and drove to Pinball Gallery (which I embarrassingly had never been too) and had an AWESOME time! I will definitely be going back there again!

Sorry, didn't take any pictures, and I doubt I will ever go back

#465 4 years ago

Great post.

Unfortunately, he’s not going to believe it’s real and use it as proof pinside is against him. The whole thing is a depressing train wreck in the making. I’m finding it hard to even stay offended by his previous behavior. It’s just sad. I predict he doesn’t make it to his opening gala.

#466 4 years ago
    Quoted from jahbarron:

I’ll buy them a Dominos pizza

Domino's Sucks!! Pa. has plenty of NY Style pizzaria's around that are good!!

#467 4 years ago
    Quoted from brucipher:

The owner was pretty much just sitting around doing nothing, and I thought "shouldn't he be using his time restoring all of these machines?!".

Or at the very least adding credits to the machines.

#468 4 years ago
    Quoted from brucipher:

Well, if he can’t figure out how to fix a binding flipper, I don’t see him having much luck restoring them all.

We’re there any other customers there?

#469 4 years ago
    Quoted from VectorGamer:

Or at the very least adding credits to the machines.

Can't do that when you're busy scrubbing google reviews.

#470 4 years ago
    Quoted from brucipher:

So my buddy and I went to Gameseum on Saturday. Boy was it depressing!

What about the layout of the games? Judging by the pics I've seen on Facebook it looks pretty bad.

#471 4 years ago

I wish for him to succeed, but after following it up with Pinball Gallery (which is cheaper and in a whole other league) I don't think he has much of a chance as-is. At least most of the arcade games that were turned on were working (with only one or two that I tried to play having issues) - but I honestly didn't play a bunch of the games because I didn't feel like asking for credits. Since I am not a real big EM guy, I only played a handful of the EM pins. The one had a flipper that had no strength. Of the only two working non-EM games: F14 TomCat played well, and Comet was meh. Most of the games were cosmetically not good.

The layout was decent, but could be better. Again, there is a lot of unused space, and space being taken up by games "currently being restored".

#472 4 years ago

I just read his facebook post on a game that is unique to his aracde... Buzzy Bee! LMAO Its laughable that he thinks he pioneered the idea of having that game out for play. A 2.5 year old arcade here in Bellingham has had one since its been open and I remember playing it at CEC when I was a kid. This guy is something else!

Buzzybee1 (resized).PNGBuzzybee1 (resized).PNGBuzzybee2 (resized).PNGBuzzybee2 (resized).PNG
    #473 4 years ago

:|Glad I live in NY after seeing those options.

#474 4 years ago

Looks like someone named Mallorey is co-owner, hopefully has deep pockets!

#475 4 years ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

Looks like someone named Mallorey is co-owner, hopefully has deep pockets!

Thats his Fiancee

#476 4 years ago

Buzzy Bee working on Gameseum propaganda, not on the machines. Grand Opening is July 20th.

#477 4 years ago

Someone has to be curious enough to go on the 20th, eh?

#478 4 years ago
    Quoted from Ronnie1114:

I just read his facebook post on a game that is unique to his aracde... Buzzy Bee! LMAO Its laughable that he thinks he pioneered the idea of having that game out for play. A 2.5 year old arcade here in Bellingham has had one since its been open and I remember playing it at CEC when I was a kid. This guy is something else![quoted image][quoted image]

The first comment on the post is from someone who has a Buzzy Bee in their local Chuck E Cheese, lol. Although I guess since CeC isn't a retro-arcade he is still the only retro-arcade in the world who has one out in the public.

#479 4 years ago
    Quoted from Matesamo:

The first comment on the post is from someone who has a Buzzy Bee in their local Chuck E Cheese, lol. Although I guess since CeC isn't a retro-arcade he is still the only retro-arcade in the world who has one out in the public.

Don't worry.....a comment like that about someone else having one probably won't make it long

#480 4 years ago
    Quoted from pinlink:

Someone has to be curious enough to go on the 20th, eh?

#481 4 years ago

Whoops, I accidentally marked the photo above as nsfw while I was carrying me iPad. Any way to take that off? Sorry, pacmanretro

#482 4 years ago

As a former Ephrata resident... You have tons of pizza choice, but 90% of them are crap. I recommend Two Cousins in Reamstown, above all.

So you have to ask to out credits on the machine? Is he afraid of his machines getting too much use? Ummmm? Instead of sitting there and doing nothing, he could be walking around and maxing his credits out.

#483 4 years ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

As a former Ephrata resident... You have tons of pizza choice, but 90% of them are crap. I recommend Two Cousins in Reamstown, above all.
    So you have to ask to out credits on the machine? Is he afraid of his machines getting too much use? Ummmm? Instead of sitting there and doing nothing, he could be walking around and maxing his credits out.

How many pieces of commercial equipment in this business are not in any way capable of being able to handle a free play setup???

Should be VERY few, I would think....

#484 4 years ago
    Quoted from pacmanretro:

How many pieces of commercial equipment in this business are not in any way capable of being able to handle a free play setup???

Rigging up a small push button through the coin door isnt going to rob any value from a moldy $100 machine.

#485 4 years ago
    Quoted from pacmanretro:

It's not uncommon at all to not have free play settings in 80s (or older) gear. It's why credit switch hacks exist...

#486 4 years ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

It's not uncommon at all to not have free play settings in 80s (or older) gear. It's why credit switch hacks exist...

Just didn't think that would be too many of the machines there....

#487 4 years ago

If nothing else you could get some of those token eliminating/chute things and have a bucket of slugs sitting around OR use coin mechanisms set up and have some tokens made.

#488 4 years ago
    Quoted from brucipher:

So my buddy and I went to Gameseum on Saturday. Boy was it depressing! There were games all over the place that had "restoration in process" signs on them, a lot of the arcade games didn't have credits on them with signs stating "ask to have credits added", and the quality of the majority of the games was poor (as others have mentioned, trash games). I didn't know there was such a history with the owner and honestly had not been paying too much attention to any of the news articles or videos. Just wanted to check out the new local arcade.
    My buddy is obsessed with Donkey Kong, and was looking forward to playing it based on a photo he had seen. The game was not there. When my buddy asked the owner where it was, he said it was down and made some comment about how finicky the game is (or something like that). My buddy owns a Donkey Kong and I could tell he thought that was odd.
    We spent close to one hour there, and it was such a LONG hour! I was so bored. We were so disappointed we hopped in the car and drove to Pinball Gallery (which I embarrassingly had never been too) and had an AWESOME time! I will definitely be going back there again!

How was the museum setup portion?

How about all the home game systems????

The party room area(s)?

I havent seen a single pic or post about these and am curious.

#489 4 years ago

There are some pics on the Gameseum Facebook page, along with a video asking for reviews.

#490 4 years ago

Just watched as many of them as I could take....didn't see any of the stuff I was asking about above....just white room with bunch of games off, and talk of how rare this and that is and how stuff is on freeplay.

#491 4 years ago

I did notice, in video asking for reviews, 2 things:

1) He asked for people to leave good reviews.

2) He mentioned Yelp as a third review place but asked to use other two.....could that be because Yelp ones can't be deleted at will?

#492 4 years ago
    Quoted from pacmanretro:

2) He mentioned Yelp as a third review place but asked to use other two.....could that be because Yelp ones can't be deleted at will?

Yep, ask o-din.

#493 4 years ago
    Quoted from Matesamo:

I get that this is a joke, but there is a retro-arcade down the street from me thats had a Buzzy for 2+ years lmao

#494 4 years ago
    Quoted from Travish:

Yep, ask o-din.

Well, we would if we could......

#495 4 years ago

You can suppress bad reviews on Yelp as a business owner if you pay their ransom. I'm guessing he isn't willing to pay. I'm not aware of this being possible on Google?

#496 4 years ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

That said, if you run wires from the credit switch to the start button it effectively bypasses having a free play option in the dip switch settings.
    This will work on most vintage arcade games basically turning the start button into a credit button as well as a start button.

#497 4 years ago
    Quoted from brucipher:

Hey Bru, you should've texted me . . . I would've gone along for a laugh. You guys need to stop up soon. I have a Batman 66 on the way for Missy.

#498 4 years ago

None of those pizzas places have Pizza Tracker

#499 4 years ago

Found this review on the Facebook page:

"I so wanted to love gameseum. Concept, building and location are perfect. Good news - the video games that are working are really cool originals that will bring back memories for many. Space invaders, galaxy, Mario brothers, track and field and many more - if you like these you may like the place more than I do. I wanted pinball and that is the bad news with more than 50% of them broken. Even the ones that were working are rough with weak flippers and broken mechanics. In fact the only game in good shape was F-14...if all of the games played like that one I would be back."

#500 4 years ago
    Quoted from vicjw66:

Soft white bread.

Quoted from Electrocute:

Quite a few decent local pizza restaurants in Ephrata. Makes me want to go!
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Chris's had the best pizza on that list. Unfortunately their big moneymaker was not on the menu; DEA shut them down.

Quoted from brucipher:

a lot of the arcade games didn't have credits on them with signs stating "ask to have credits added"

Wait, THAT'S the "proprietary free play system" he's been going on and on about?!

There are 3,944 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 79.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gameseum-gaming-gala-sept-15/page/10?hl=bork and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.