Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,944 posts
  • 215 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by robin
  • Topic is favorited by 55 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“When do you expect Gameseum to open for business?”

• Thanksgiving 2018 2 votes
      2%
    • Beginning of 2019 0 votes
    • March 2019 1 vote
      1%
    • April 2019 2 votes
      2%
    • "Summer" 2019 16 votes
      16%
    • It won't, but surely all donated money and machines will be returned. 80 votes
      79%

(101 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

download (resized).png
    Cyberbullying (resized).jpg
    06937ec6de46e466341c1b9b8e283cebbcdf51fc.png.jpg (resized).png
    6c4f86ab8711c7a3f71270bba621c1c51e279831.png.jpg (resized).png
    e87f011d764ae7b096ba18f74f10cc733a16412b.png.jpg (resized).png
    8E28E40B-E58A-4638-B4A0-6A4614B22CAA (resized).jpeg
    0FD16E5B-57B9-4296-9DE7-9CFAC564067C (resized).jpeg
    B46DA714-CFA6-4780-871A-16917769D91C (resized).jpeg
    0F07A909-BD47-42BA-A82F-74FE65890521 (resized).jpeg
    03F1224B-CCEF-44E0-8F49-9A47491F9049 (resized).jpeg
    Colson (resized).jpeg
    B4F28AA5-7D73-4FF3-9A7A-9AB65282D6E2 (resized).jpeg
    CC92318E-53CA-4CD8-B9A2-1E2F73A4E3D0 (resized).jpeg
    307046CF-33FB-4727-AD75-FDA55BA3DF76 (resized).jpeg
    AB72D8C3-B930-409A-89C0-8033C092E7F2 (resized).jpeg
    75E7F39D-2FCE-4D01-8DBE-4CCB47249F4F (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1374 The truth about beelzeboob's escalera from beelzeboob himself Posted by beelzeboob (4 years ago)

Post #3337 List of donations received Posted by LTG (3 years ago)

Post #3472 The four different screen names of Steven. Posted by PismoArcade (3 years ago)

Post #3476 Beelzeboob’s status update. Posted by beelzeboob (3 years ago)

Post #3807 They also have air hockey. Posted by Electrocute (3 years ago)

Post #3868 The Pinside Escalera Posted by beelzeboob (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

This topic is closed.

There are 3,944 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 79.
    #1 5 years ago

Get your tickets before they sell out!

1043BABF-167D-4808-B882-5540DFB3F2E4 (resized).jpeg1043BABF-167D-4808-B882-5540DFB3F2E4 (resized).jpeg
    #2 5 years ago

The gofundme has raised $290 out of the $6,000 goal so I'm thinking this will make up the difference easily.

Every Gamesum page has a favorite line, for me the gofundme page's undisputed champ was "This money will only go for ALL OF THE BEST expenses."

For this one I'll go with:

"Enjoy free appetizers, snacks, and drinks while supplies last! First come, first serve - so you might want to get here early if you're hungry!"

#3 5 years ago

Maybe he should get a job?

#4 5 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

For this one I'll go with:
    "Enjoy free appetizers, snacks, and drinks while supplies last! First come, first serve - so you might want to get here early if you're hungry!"

Yeah the ‘while supplies last’ line made me laugh to! I’m thinking it will consist of a two liter bottle of generic soda and a box of Oreos...which have already been opened.

#5 5 years ago
    Quoted from pinlink:

Dude is only 20 years old, has 80+ machines and is proficient in repairing them. He has taken those skills and is trying to start a business. Sounds like he is trying to make his own job.

More power to him if you ask me!

Location pinball is the best pinball. Sign me up!

@emkay, you know how many games re going to be at the event? Enough pins to run a little tournament or contest?

#6 5 years ago

He really kept that name??

#7 5 years ago

He's definitely hell bent on getting donations. He's no longer a pinsider, right?

#8 5 years ago
    Quoted from MattG:

emkay, you know how many games re going to be at the event? Enough pins to run a little tournament or contest?

I got the impression it was a couple arcades and a couple pins. I’d ask him but he quit speaking to me after something I posted on FB (unrelated to pinball, politics, etc.). He probably doesn’t even realize it was me who talked his venture up to the owner (and friend for almost 30 years) of the record shop that’s helping promote him.

Doubt you’d be able to livestream from there, the Reinholds Fire Hall is way out in the sticks. Tuna and I went to see our friend’s band play there on our first or second date, many years ago.

#9 5 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

He really kept that name??

I know right that’s a big Lmao

#10 5 years ago

I mean, I have quite a few gay friends; they're great peoples. As I'm sure you prob do too. No big deal. But. That. Name. Oof.
    There's probably already one in Key West; next will be a legal team go-fund me.

1 week later
    #12 5 years ago
    Quoted from BudManPinFan:

Yeah the ‘while supplies last’ line made me laugh to! I’m thinking it will consist of a two liter bottle of generic soda and a box of Oreos...which have already been opened.

Cupcakes too... and brownies!

#13 5 years ago

"The term and name "Gameseum" is a registered trademark of Gameseum, LLC."
    And...
    "Copyright (C)2018 Gameseum. The name and term "Gameseum" in all forms is a federally-registered trademark."
    Keep this in mind if any of you might think to use this clever moniker in the future!

#14 5 years ago
    Quoted from jrpinball:

"The term and name "Gameseum" is a registered trademark of Gameseum, LLC."
    And...
    "Copyright (C)2018 Gameseum. The name and term "Gameseum" in all forms is a federally-registered trademark."
    Keep this in mind if any of you might think to use this clever moniker in the future!

I don't think there's anything to worry about. Noone wants to use it.

#15 5 years ago

sounds like a party!

download (resized).jpgdownload (resized).jpg

#16 5 years ago

$25 donation. What's the charity?

#17 5 years ago
    Quoted from Deez:

I don't think there's anything to worry about. Noone wants to use it.

Obviously!

#18 5 years ago
    Quoted from pinlink:

He is providing a service for a small fee! He is making his own job. Millions of times better than go fund me. Makes me ponder the idea of buying a ticket. I bet he puts out 15 ish pins and 15ish arcades since he has 80. Providing a service like that for money is a job. Cheers and good luck to Otaku!

#19 5 years ago

I am just kinda taken back a bit that The Record Connection and Complete In Box would risk their reputations on this poorly thought out venture. The guy is too sick to have a job, but somehow can manage to move a bunch of machines in and out of a firehall in one day?

1 month later
    #20 5 years ago

No idea how well-attended the Gala was but there hasn't been any mention of it on their FB. They did post a picture of the float they intended to enter in the local fair's parade, but that was a bust:

https://lancasteronline.com/news/local/ephrata-fair-parade-canceled-due-to-chance-of-severe-thunderstorms/article_7747ab08-c105-11e8-9d37-1700bbdf510e.html

97DB1087-C501-42C3-B6E6-A218C09C4E18 (resized).jpeg97DB1087-C501-42C3-B6E6-A218C09C4E18 (resized).jpeg

#21 5 years ago

Looks like he is begging for money again - this time for surgery for his dog. I love pets but after his basement thing a couple years ago I would be afraid any money sent might go for his next pinball or arcade machine purchase. Very interesting lifestyle - "can't work" so is likely collecting disability then every time he needs a little extra money he just begs for it. But better yet is trying to open an arcade with no money?

#22 5 years ago
    Quoted from emkay:

No idea how well-attended the Gala was but there hasn't been any mention of it on their FB.

I guess nobody from Pinside went either? That was the day of our local Deadpool launch party anyway...

#23 5 years ago

Grifters gonna grift I guess. Would never sell any games or anything to keep his dog “alive”, or sell the nice wheels or body kit off his car, but damn sure will beg for money. I’m suuuure this is the last time...

https://m.facebook.com/nt/screen/?params=%7B%22fundraiser_campaign_id%22%3A768125430185860%2C%22source%22%3A%22feed%22%7D&path=%2Ffundraiser%2F&_rdr

#24 5 years ago

Wow this guy is the worst
    Sell a game to save your dog's life not ask for others money when you clearly have assets

#25 5 years ago

What a tool. It's soon time for him to come back to Pinside and tell us he's leaving Pinside again. It's been a month or two.

#26 5 years ago

At this point id even question if the dog is really sick or not. Sounds cold, but that's the reality.

If he really cared for the dog as much as he says he does, he would sell games to fund it. He has found begging to be easier unfortunately.

#27 5 years ago

No mention of the gala event on his sight or google that it ever happened. Did it? Looks like he closed his dog thread. He raised $108. I wonder how the dog is? Did he sell games for the difference? Find the extra cash in the cushions? Faith heal the dog? Maybe just see what happens?
    If he doesn’t do the surgery, what will happen to the cash people sent him? Will he?????
    A) send it back with a thank you note stating he could not meet his goal
    B) buy a pocket knife and do the surgery himself
    C) buy a bunch of Cheetos and soda
    D) buy another game for the museum

*gofundme is mostly just digital pan handling*

#28 5 years ago

Going back to the picture, what the hell does “uniquest” mean, particularly in this context?

#29 5 years ago
    Quoted from DBLM:

Going back to the picture, what the hell does “uniquest” mean, particularly in this context?

That one I think I can answer. He means "most unique", but can't get the grammar correct. I don't think he means "uni-quest".
    No answer about the repeated begging for money, except I'm out on that.

#30 5 years ago

I also have things happen in my life, i own a dog and dont want to work. (although i do) can people please send me their hard earned money so i can make my life easier.... im not begging just looking for donations. If it makes it easier to send me money i can tell you my dog is sick if that helps.

#31 5 years ago

Most men will never know the hardship of the uni quest.
    M206_B206_BLK (resized).jpgM206_B206_BLK (resized).jpg

#32 5 years ago

There must be something in the water around these parts. Lancaster, PA has 3 different retro arcades in various states of "we are going to open at some point!" right now.

#33 5 years ago
    Quoted from RCA1:

That one I think I can answer. He means "most unique", but can't get the grammar correct. I don't think he means "uni-quest".
    No answer about the repeated begging for money, except I'm out on that.

Thanks for clarifying. I think going on a uni-quest to the Gameseum could be...interesting?

#34 5 years ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

There must be something in the water around these parts. Lancaster, PA has 3 different retro arcades in various states of "we are going to open at some point!" right now.

I thought Timeline Arcade was supposed to open over the summer?

And then there was Arcade Lancaster that only lasted a few months.

Are those the ones you're referring to?

#35 5 years ago
    Quoted from VectorGamer:

I haven't kept up on Timeline but I keep hearing they're opening a Lancaster location. Arcade Lancaster was pretty low-effort and died a quick death. Their pins were from a local operator and are still around - I was trying to snag that Sharkey's from them. Decades is supposed to be opening in the old Stahr Armory building just north of the Belvedere on Queen.

There are two VR arcades supposedly opening also, one out at Rockvale and one in the old Keppel building, which would make it less than a block away from Decades. I'd love to see what all is going on in the Keppel, we used to attend a New Years Eve-Eve (Dec 30) party there every year that eventually took over most of two floors and drew musicians from 3-4 states. Jam sessions lasting until dawn... fond memories.

#36 5 years ago
    Quoted from VectorGamer:

Timeline Arcade Lancaster seems to be some kind of running joke. I have asked numerous times on their FB posts, and they won't even acknowledge that they are doing a Lancaster location now. Decades is coming...I hear it is owned by current or former Clipper magazine owners? The owners of the Barnstormers are the former owners of Clipper. At least one of them is a big pin fan, hence why they have the pinball suite at the stadium. Unfortunately, it seems really hard to get tickets for the few games a year they actually let the public in there. The dates averaged one a month the last 3-4 months of the season this year. I tried to get tickets day of game once this year, and was denied because they claim that since the ticket includes free alcohol, there is some PLCB law that states they cannot sell tickets less than 24 hours before the event. I don't know if I believe this....there was zero mention of any of that on their web site, and the marketing manager for the team had no clue about it either. I eventually got frustrated and gave up trying. If the Decades people are the same people, maybe those games will wind up in that location instead. Hopefully these new locations will spurn some new games on location in the area.

#37 5 years ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

Decades is coming...I hear it is owned by current or former Clipper magazine owners? The owners of the Barnstormers are the former owners of Clipper. At least one of them is a big pin fan, hence why they have the pinball suite at the stadium.

Yes, that's Steve Z. you're referring to. I've spoken to him about the possibility of renting out that suite for a Pinsider gathering, he was open to it but then I haven't had time to follow up.

#38 5 years ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

Timeline Arcade Lancaster seems to be some kind of running joke.

Well I'm not impressed anyway. I was at the York location about a month ago and he had the same machines there from my last visit about a year and a half prior. He still insists on having those overhead lights above the pins which causes an awful glare. The only pin in the lineup that was in decent condition was Ghostbusters although he never fixed the problem of the ball ejaculating out of the scoop SDTM.

#39 5 years ago
    Quoted from VectorGamer:

he never fixed the problem of the ball ejaculating out of the scoop SDTM.

#40 5 years ago

It does it every single time...and it's an LE!

1 week later
    #41 5 years ago

Hey folks! We ended up cancelling the event as we were contracted to do a huge convention out of state and earned a hell of a lot more by doing that than the tickets we sold, as we ran into some issues with providing a smooth process to purchase them which tended to stunt sales and due to the bad weather people pretty much unanimously agreed it would be more convenient for them for us to reschedule anyways, so voila! All tickets were fully refunded including fees, and we hope to hold a similar event later on.

We paid for my dog's surgery out of pocket in addition to the kind donations and she is doing FANTASTIC! Everything helped!

We have also signed a lease in an updated and better location (in the same area) since it fits our needs much more and will throw literal tons of traffic towards us, and will see you soon! We have been receiving a lot of donations of many free games and money off of the GoFundMe site and we super appreciate that. Also lots of Pinsiders reaching out to have work done on their games which has also helped the fund.

We are currently moving in and working on our building to get it up to snuff to be the best arcade museum in Eastern PA! We've been given a ton of free time and then some to get everything perfect before we open so we're taking it - will give an updated projection in the future once we figure out an exact date. It is easy to think when you do not see us open yet that we are stuck but it is very much the opposite, more time = more renevations. If you'd watch our social media, you'd know we're working hard every day!

We frequently post updates big and small on our Facebook page, which we're celebrating 500 & 600 likes on the last two weeks, we're an absolute hit in town and all around (especially amongst fellow businesses and organizations): www.facebook.com/Gameseum

See you there, if you don't like me I would encourage you to be man enough to at least come out and see it for yourself first and actually take the time to meet me and shake my hand - you will be surprised when both things are much better than your expectations and the entirely false rumors other have created - I like to think I'm a pretty simple man. Things are not always as they appear, unfortunately some ate the candy corn. Nobody who actually took the time to meet me (unlike most complainers here) hasn't had any complaints else I wouldn't be getting so many donations of games and offers for work! Lots of good friends amongst Pinside who tend to be quiet to not get caught up in the drama, but they are very much here, I promise you that.

I have seen all of the lovely things many of you have had to say about me and to that I don't get mad or even offended... I'll just say "watch and see". Magic!

Catch ya when we open!

Steven

#42 5 years ago
    Quoted from Otaku:

money off of the GoFundMe site

Shows $290.00?

#43 5 years ago

And for extra Otaku content, check out my recent appearance on yet another episode of TNT Amusements where we talk yet again about Gameseum: Mega-Arcade & Museum!

Thank you for all the support for those who have commented positively! You are on the correct side of arcade history!

2 months later
    #44 5 years ago

Shocker...he is not opening in 2018 now. Also, he banned me from the Gameseum FB page because I responded to another persons question about having newer pinball machines on site. My comment of "he's all EM's" (which was current the last time he posted about his pin makeup) to the person was deemed derogatory and a ban was issued. You can't make this stuff up!

#45 5 years ago

LOL, you were probably shitting on him again!! Have you read any of your posts?

#46 5 years ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

LOL, you were probably shitting on him again!! Have you read any of your posts?

The guy asked if he had modern pins, and I responded that "He's all EM's". How is that shitting on him? That is the first and only interaction with him on his FB page.

#47 5 years ago

Read over your posts in this thread...

#48 5 years ago

This thread has nothing to do with the comment on his page. He said he banned me specifically for that comment. It's the same old mental midget Oktau.

#49 5 years ago

Hey whatever, you posted it on this thread, didn't you? I'm out, got a KoD to finish restoring!!

#50 5 years ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

Hey whatever, you posted it on this thread, didn't you? I'm out, got a KoD to finish restoring!!

Awesome! Do you have a thread going on it?

There are 3,944 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 79.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gameseum-gaming-gala-sept-15 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.