Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 88 posts
  • 56 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by tron1969
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

flav.jpg
    Photo01191714_1.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jonnyo.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#47 12 years ago

Lord of the Rings for me. I might get into it if I owned it. The music bores me, the modes are so uninteresting I can't be bothered to learn what to do.

One time a league guy got to some mode. It's the one where Gandalf is blocking the Balrog and he shouts YOU SHALL NOT PASS and I said that's what I shout when I'm really constipated. Totally made him laugh so hard he lost the ball.

#71 12 years ago
    Quoted from StevenP:

Hey, next visit we can spend some time on it with a bit of tutorial coaching! I can see how it may seem all over the place and unfun, but once you get to know the rules, the modes do become more interesting, with stacking possibilities and building towards higher goals and rewards. It's definitely a game that grows on you if you own it, and I agree it is not one for a quick play or 2, but one to fire up when you want to go on an 'adventure.'

I dunno, Steven. A few have tried. For what it's worth, my main criticism of the books and movies is that they're overcrowded with underdeveloped characters and gap-filling subplots. Son of Boromir, son of gloin, son of blah blah blah. I guess what I'm saying is Stern really did the theme justice.

I have done 180s on games before, though. I never got the appeal of Scared Stiff until recently. I don't love it but I enjoy playing it. And it took me a long time to get into Addams Family.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jonnyo.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/games-you-want-to-get-into-but-just-cant?tu=jonnyo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.