(Topic ID: 5601)

Games you Regret NOT Buying

By davewtf

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 12 years ago

I coulda bought a very nice Big Guns for $650 last week and i passed. I'm regretting it now. The only issue I noted was the bottom half of the display was out. Oops!

#2 12 years ago

TAF for 2.5K about 3 months ago

#3 12 years ago

Two years ago I had a chance to buy MM in great shape for about 5500, and STTNG for 1700 from a guy that sold me his Stern Indy for 1900. About three weeks ago i spoke to a guy that was selling FG and TSPP, i was gonna get FG but some other Pinhead bought them both for 6K! That really hurt!

#4 12 years ago

addams family for $2000, yesterday

#5 12 years ago

Funhouse for $1500 a few weeks ago

#6 12 years ago

Nothing - I buy them all and let god sort 'em out.

#7 12 years ago

SM- NIB from Amazon, $3699 shipped...
    BBB- reissue...
    F-14- $450...
    HUO WH20 $1700...
    TOTAN- $2200...
    BK- $250...
    *sigh*
    I need a drink...

#9 12 years ago

Whirlwind $600
    Heavy Metal Meltdown $400
    Grand Lizard $400
    High Speed $600
    Taxi $500

#10 12 years ago

Data East Star Wars like a month ago. I've been playing it at the arcade and like it... Plus it's Star Wars!

#11 12 years ago

JD at $500. Got stolen out from under me. Guy turned right around and sold it as is for $1000.

#12 12 years ago

AFM for a £1000. I heard about it and didn't have much cash at the time so told a friend about it. When I saw it later it was like new!

#13 12 years ago

Gtb. Sky Jump & Surfer
    went fast like the same day posted

#14 12 years ago

Johnny Mnemonic, I could get it for about 270$!! even tho it needed some caring and cleaning and the hand didn't work (might be any easy fix), it was so worth it but I didn't have a place for it at the time so I waited 'till it was sold

#15 12 years ago
    Quoted from DarkSlim:

nny Mnemonic, I could get it for about 270$!! even tho it needed some caring and cleaning and the hand didn't work (might be any easy fix), it was so worth it but I didn't have a place for it at the time so I waited 'till it was sold

Shame, for that price you could have turned the hand off in the options and had a very nice game to play until you got it sorted. I love that game but the hand can be problematic to fix once broken!

#16 12 years ago

A huo IJ(w) for 3k ...last spring

#17 12 years ago
    Quoted from donjagra:

Whirlwind $600
    Heavy Metal Meltdown $400
    Grand Lizard $400
    High Speed $600
    Taxi $500

I would buy all these at twice the price! oops, shouldn't have said that. now i'm known as the chump who'll overpay.

#18 12 years ago
    Quoted from davewtf:

I coulda bought a very nice Big Guns for $650 last week and i passed.

Are you over that BK now?

I should have bought a TAF years ago when you could still get good ones for less than 3 grand.

#19 12 years ago

Whoa, I'd be on that!

#20 12 years ago
    Quoted from davewtf:

I would buy all these at twice the price! oops, shouldn't have said that. now I'm known as the chump who'll overpay ...

I've got a Swords of Fury with your name on it. Only two grand!

#21 12 years ago

SM for 3400. WH2O for $1100.

#22 12 years ago

the hs2 i picked up for gonefishinlvmsg. i'll let him tell you what it cost as i don't want to give that info out.

#23 12 years ago

A MA for $400 a couple of years ago.

#24 12 years ago
    Quoted from davewtf:

the hs2 i picked up for gonefishinlvmsg. i'll let him tell you what it cost as i don't want to give that info out.

Wasn't that great of a deal IMO. A good fixer-upper, but probably not what you'd be looking for.

#26 12 years ago

Missed a wh20 for $1200 last month.

#27 12 years ago
    Quoted from Staythirsty:

Missed a wh20 for $1200 last month.

Ouch... That stings. For whatever reason the price for those have skyrocketed lately. Would have been a steal at that price.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/games-you-regret-not-buying and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.