Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 125 posts
  • 109 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by lpeters82
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

6BEE5A6E-3730-4D00-A0DF-1958A19AC33C (resized).jpeg
    TBL (resized).jpg
    Quick Draw (resized).jpg
    There are 125 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
    #51 6 years ago

WW will come inside after pf swap. IM may join it.
    A system 11 Ive not grown tired of and pin addiction from two eras.

#52 6 years ago

I've gotten tired of every game I've owned at some point. Then it's just time to play something else.

If the theme or gameplay resonates with me, it stays. Otherwise it's sold. Rinse repeat.

#53 6 years ago

Of all the games I've owned, I'd say STLE. That warp ramp never gets old.

#54 6 years ago

Flash Gordon

#55 6 years ago

I'll just say I like all my games. That's why I have the ones I do. Lately it's been SM tho.

#56 6 years ago

Quick Draw ...

Quick Draw (resized).jpgQuick Draw (resized).jpg

... and The Big Lebowski
    TBL (resized).jpgTBL (resized).jpg

#57 6 years ago

High Speed and Sinbad.

#58 6 years ago

TAF, going on ten years with it and still love it every time I play. I don't own a jackbot but that is probably one of the funnest games I've played recently. It's on the list to scoop up eventually.

I saw somebody said Paragon, the might be the most frustrating, love it but man that game can be cheap. That double flipper is diabolical.

#59 6 years ago
    Quoted from DaveH:

Iron Man. For a very good reason. It's simple, yet difficult. Iron Man has a deadly simple rule set. That's why I completely ignored it when it came out. "One ball game". But then I picked up a VE after they were out for a bit, and I considered it cheap. So I bought it on a whim figuring I'd get most of my money back out 3 months later when I sold it. And I was just blown away by the game. It's extraordinary.
    I own a bunch of games, so a game has to have something special to latch into my collection. Sometimes they are here for a short time, and once in a while one just hits. IM was worthy of calling a keeper. I call it simple because the rules are so easy to understand. But I keep mine set up just a speck outside my skill level. That way I get that classic pinball perfection of easy to understand, but difficult to master. On the very rare occasion I get Do Or Die Hurryup, I feel like a pinball God. But then I'll play 50 games and not get close.
    Oh, and fast games. 10 minutes will give me 3 games played. Good stuff, because if I want longer games, I move to a different title.

Agree, I really am considering getting IM or TRON. Which one would you guys go with? This or that?

#60 6 years ago
    Quoted from Darth_Chuckles:

TAF, going on ten years with it and still love it every time I play. I don't own a jackbot but that is probably one of the funnest games I've played recently. It's on the list to scoop up eventually.
    I saw somebody said Paragon, the might be the most frustrating, love it but man that game can be cheap. That double flipper is diabolical.

TWDLE all the way! The only machine that comes close for us is TAF and ACDC Luci. Lets see how many of them survive the next 5 years at our place.

#61 6 years ago

Both of my Elvira's, and Robotron

#62 6 years ago
    Quoted from Reality_Studio:

Both of my Elvira's, and Robotron

Heh, I almost put Missile Command as my number one

#63 6 years ago

If not only pinball I would say chess

#64 6 years ago
    Quoted from Goronic:

Agree, I really am considering getting IM or TRON. Which one would you guys go with? This or that?

I own both, so shockingly, that makes me useless in helping decide which is better. They are both very satisfying games. IM has quicker games, but Tron has that flow that is awesome.

#65 6 years ago

This game of LIFE!

ALSO
    MMRLE
    SWLE
    DILE

#66 6 years ago

Quicksilver

#67 6 years ago

Come on easily GoT

#68 6 years ago

Tales Frome The Crypt is pretty cool. Doesn't get enough credit.
    Alien is bad ass.

#69 6 years ago

Since every game I own is a project? I never get tired of which ever game works that day.

#70 6 years ago

After 14 years I still go to one game first and last before shutting down.

#72 6 years ago

Lately in our house it is warlock and andromeda. Mean machines that make you wnat to play them more.

On route is for sure TNA. I sneak away on lunch breaks from work to go play.

#73 6 years ago

Met pro. Sparky taunting is great and electrifying him is fun.
    -Mike

#74 6 years ago

The Shadow. Yes, The Shadow is one that never gets old, so many ways to play that game.

#75 6 years ago

operation thunder, bsd, potc

#76 6 years ago

DMD: The Shadow
    Alpha numeric: TX-Sector and Banzai Run
    Numeric: Black Hole
    Electromechanical: Four Million BC

I've owned these for quite a while. The Shadow for 15+ years. For different reasons, they all withstand the test of time with flying colors. 4MBC is the only one of the bunch that I had to let go at some point, and I still miss it.

But, as others have said: variation is definitely essential to keep things fresh. Which is the main reason why I don't stick to one manufacturer or time frame for the games in my collection.

#77 6 years ago

Fire Power, Black Out, Eight Ball Deluxe, Fireball II, Twilight Zone, Metallica.

#78 6 years ago

#79 6 years ago
    Quoted from Grizlyrig:

Met pro. Sparky taunting is great and electrifying him is fun.
    -Mike

Why just the Pro and not the Premium.

#80 6 years ago

TRON. 6 years of playing it nearly everyday and it never gets old.

#81 6 years ago

Alien Poker/Laser Cue

#83 6 years ago
    Quoted from Goronic:

Tron for the win not close

#84 6 years ago

I have over 30 games. I call myself a williams / bally guy but my two favorites are made by Stern. Elvis and Austin Powers.

Ill get shelled for saying this. I think stern had a 5 year run where they manufactured some of the best games in pinball, 2001 to 2005. They built high quality machines with outstanding (deep) rules, toys and a few unique things on games that had not been done. Today's standard, those machines would all be considered LE/Premiums. Just my opinion.
    I like this thread. I'm going to give a couple games another chance after seeing them on this thread.

#85 6 years ago

PInball Magic, Airborne, Whitewater, BoP 2.0, Game of Thrones and classic Sterns. That’s it for me.

#86 6 years ago

Twilight Zone. I've had it since 1997 and it is still my favorite by far.

#87 6 years ago

One of the games I have listed as owned today, but will be gone next year.

Honestly though, as of today I would say Met. Check back in 365 days.

#88 6 years ago

I used to own a virtual pin with 175 games installed. I ended up just playing AFM, TSPP, LOTR, BK2K, and no fear. If I see stern ST on location I love playing it. At home I’ve played over 2000 games on GoT and it hasn’t got repetitive yet.

#90 6 years ago

Hey you with the face.... CYCLONE!

#91 6 years ago

Getaway High Speed II & Dirty Harry both have that it factor when it comes to pinball that keep me coming back for one more game.

#92 6 years ago

Agreed that any game played every day or often enough gets old. That said, Congo and TZ and games I always enjoy hitting the start button over and over. Really enjoy playing out modes, making shots, and just looking at the playfield on those games.

#93 6 years ago

They've been mentioned multiple times for a reason.... IM & Flash Gordon. They are the very definition of "keepers".

Only legitimate reason to ever sell them is doctor's orders.....Gameplay raises your blood pressure due to constant frustration.

#94 6 years ago

I'm tired of all of mine right now, but the one that I walk by and always turn on for a quick game or two is NGG.
    I'm surprised of a the MM replies. I tired of that game pretty quick.

#95 6 years ago

The Getaway for me. Simple but yet never seems to get old.

#96 6 years ago

GORGAR !!! Me gorgar .... me hurt ..... you beat me !!

#97 6 years ago

Guns N' Roses is my go to at home when I only have time for a game or two.

#98 6 years ago
    Quoted from gliebig:

I'm tired of all of mine right now, but the one that I walk by and always turn on for a quick game or two is NGG.
    I'm surprised of a the MM replies. I tired of that game pretty quick.

I love seeing MM at pinball shows. It usually draws a huge crowd and leaves the games I'm interested in available.

#99 6 years ago

Whirlwind and World Cup Soccer

#100 6 years ago

What I'm liking about this thread is how many games I see on it that I could have listed. Sure, I see some I don't care for (different strokes for different folks), but overall, some great games.

There are 125 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/games-you-never-get-tired-of/page/2?hl=joker2415 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.