Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 months ago by boagman
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 6 months ago

Hi all, sorry if this is in the wrong area but I'm new to the site and a novice with real machines also. I've played Pinball Arcade and Pinball FX for years and by far my favorite virtual machine I've played is Creature. I'd love to own one as my first machine when I have the money. I was curious of other games that have ramps which are only used during certain game modes, like the movie multiball in creature? Thanks!

#2 6 months ago

No good gofers, road kings, jokerz! and Bram stoker's Dracula are the ones that popped up in my head.

#4 6 months ago

misread the post.

#5 6 months ago
Quoted from Staffan:

No good gofers, road kings, jokerz! and Bram stoker's Dracula are the ones that popped up in my head.

I fail to see how *any* of these machines have ramps that are completely dedicated to use exclusively to multiball. Can you flesh that out for me a bit? Thanks.

#6 6 months ago

I've owned my creature for over two years. Even if it isn't the game that gets played the most it's definitely a keeper, it has something special to it.
No good gofers, road kings and Bram stoker's Dracula kind of has the opposite of what your asking for, they have ramps that come up and you shoot under.

#7 6 months ago

Oktoberfest, ramp comes down to lock balls, jackpots for multiball and for a mode

#8 6 months ago
Quoted from boagman:

I fail to see how *any* of these machines have ramps that are completely dedicated to use exclusively to multiball. Can you flesh that out for me a bit? Thanks.

Correct, they are not. I read it like the OP was asking for "ramps which are only used during certain game modes" not just in multiball.

#9 6 months ago
Quoted from Staffan:

Correct, they are not. I read it like the OP was asking for "ramps which are only used during certain game modes" not just in multiball.

Fair enough. I was just confused, as I know all three of these games quite well, and while CFTBL qualifies for its multiplier/Creature Feature bowl spin ramp, I couldn't think of anything in any one of those games that was multiball-exclusive. Thanks for letting me off the hook.

#10 6 months ago

MB fit what you are asking?

#11 6 months ago
Quoted from titanpenguin:

MB fit what you are asking?

I would think that Frank's ramp would qualify, yes. But I'm not the OP.

#12 6 months ago

Mars God of War the ramp is only accessible to start multiball or for a combo shot. not quite a mode, but it's an older game...

Addams Family the ramp only diverts to the thing flipper during Seance and, again, during an inlane combo shot.

#13 6 months ago

Sort of reverse of what the OP is looking for, Checkpoint blocks the ramp for the jackpot qualification.

#14 6 months ago

Mustang has an amazing 3-position ramp that changes state depending on the mode, feature, or shot requirement at any given time. It can either open up a full orbit, be a quick return to the left flipper, or a longer path around the back of the playfield to the "bowl" and right flipper.

The new Mandalorian premium and LE will have a scoop ramp that only activates at certain times. The same shot will go to a simple turn-around area when the ramp is up.

Black Knight: Sword of Rage has its ramp blocked or open by the position of the flail. Sometimes the flail is even spinning to either bash the ball back at you or help send the ball up the ramp depending on what is going on in the game at the time.

Wheel of Fortune has a series of inline drop targets blocking a ramp.

Maybe not exactly what you are asking for, but cool to think about the different ways ramps can change availability or path during a game.

#15 6 months ago

Gilligan Island, the island is only fully used during 1 mode?

#16 6 months ago
Quoted from DNO:

Gilligan Island, the island is only fully used during 1 mode?

Gilligan only really has 1 mode.

#17 6 months ago
Quoted from RatShack:

Gilligan only really has 1 mode.

Kind of true, but some people refer to multiball as a "mode" (which I don't, and frankly cannot *stand*), and multiball is different from the end of the collection of the items on Gilligan's Island.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside