Topic Stats

• 122 posts
  • 79 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by shacklersrevenge
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

images (1) (resized).jpg
100_0194 (resized).JPG

There are 122 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 2 years ago

I love playing my Fireball Classic, although most folks seem to give it a bad rap.

#102 2 years ago

NBA Fastbreak, partly due to the fact that most pinheads are nerdy geeks and never played before AND WPT, super deep, tough long shots, drop heaven and again, most pinheads don't play poker, plus its ugly.

#103 2 years ago

Truly thought KISS was a good game. Lots of people say otherwise. I would not own it because of the theme. Not a big music pin guy but still fun to play.

#104 2 years ago
Quoted from patrickvc:

Trudeau games as of late

Ha ! Just use plenty of hand sanitizer after playing...

#105 2 years ago

I think Gilligan's Island is a lot of fun.

#106 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Stern Rolling Stones. Yes, it's cheap and plasticy....but it's pretty much the same type of gameplay as Iron Man & Tron - fast, simple, fun. Mick on a stick is the butt of jokes, but a really nicely programmed moving target that randomizes the game greatly as the ball's always bouncing off the front and back. Music is fun and fits pinball action well.

+1

Yep - people got hung up on Mick on a Stick as if it was a bad thing , but as you say its a very well used moving target. His position changes according to different modes - once you get a handle on this it makes for very interesting play.

Challenging game - tough to reach the Encore Multiball Wizard mode. Code is complete - which makes a nice change these days.

The music can also be easily changed via Pinball Browser - so you throw in your fave Stones tracks.

I think it also suffered as Tron came shortly afterwards and the fanboys went into overdrive on that (imo) rather dull game.

#107 2 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

Popeye. Many people just jump on the hate bandwagon without ever even playing one. It's not perfect, but once you figure it out, it's a pretty fun and definitely challenging game.

Agreed !

My epic breakdown of why Popeye doesn't suck is here ....

http://papa.org/2017/02/09/popeye-pinball-rule-sheet/

#108 2 years ago
Quoted from Ive:

Yep - people got hung up on Mick on a Stick as if it was a bad thing , but as you say its a very well used moving target. His position changes according to different modes - once you get a handle on this it makes for very interesting play.

Mick is a great moving toy, far superior to Slimer on GB. Sure Slimer looks better, but hitting Slimer isn't that satisfying since he's so floppy, and his positioning is irrelevant to gameplay, making his side-to-side movement a total waste on the Prem/LE. Mick's positions actually matter and correspond to inserts.

#111 2 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

Transformers gets scolded by many but is a great game. I owned a Pro and now own the LE.

Pro > LE

#112 2 years ago

Since I just posted this in the "one more game..." thread- The Hobbit! very divisive game around these parts, but for me, still a lot of fun.

#113 2 years ago

Just like Popeye, I like to make things a little unclear

2 months later
#114 2 years ago

NASCAR!!!
Fast and fun beep not easy not hard just fun
,very good pin! Find a good one and play play play.
All pins have something to offer! The not so good ones, just drink a little.

#115 2 years ago

The Hobbit and the Wizard of Oz are arguably two of the best places ever made, as in easily in the top 10 of all time. While both are rated high, neither is rated nearly high enough.

As others have stated, Popeye is much better than you think it is.

#116 2 years ago

Hurricane. I like the circus under glass.

#117 2 years ago

Nothing on Raven yet? Weak flippers with a side of cheese? And the cheap plastic helicopter with a 1 1/16 steel ball flying around it, no no possible problems there. Could have been so much more with some real effort. Actually I guess it is a deserved bad rep.

#118 2 years ago

SWLE
Game is very Fun & Fast. Hyperloop gets me every time. I dare you to not have fun when you have 4 balls flying by you in the loop music pumping. Lots of fun everyone needs to stop hating so much

#119 2 years ago
Quoted from ASOA:

SWLE
Game is very Fun & Fast. Hyperloop gets me every time. I dare you to not have fun when you have 4 balls flying by you in the loop music pumping. Lots of fun everyone needs to stop hating so much

The game gets more praise than it deserves, typically fueled by owners. It's going to be Stern's Hobbit. We'll see them for sale all over the place next year. The pro is better than the LE, by the way.

Quoted from Phat_Jay:

Nothing on Raven yet? Weak flippers with a side of cheese? And the cheap plastic helicopter with a 1 1/16 steel ball flying around it, no no possible problems there. Could have been so much more with some real effort. Actually I guess it is a deserved bad rep.

Raven is pretty underrated, honestly.

#120 2 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

The game gets more praise than it deserves, typically fueled by owners.

I don't need a storm trooper mask to tell me that isn't just a SW thing; it's every new machine released. eXpecially a Prem+ level.

Quoted from jar155:

The pro is better than the LE, by the way.

That's my usual thoughts on Sterns.

#121 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

That's my usual thoughts on Sterns.

Lately, I think I would agree...

Guardians of the Galaxy - Unknown so far
Star Wars - Pro
Aerosmith - Pro
Batman '66 -
Ghostbusters - Premium/LE
Game of Thrones - Pro in a runaway
KISS - Premium/LE is better, but not worth the better
Wrestlemania - Premium/LE, but nobody cares anyway
The Walking Dead - Pro
Mustang - Premium/LE, but not by a ton
Star Trek - Pro (on value)
Metallica - Pro

Yeah, the pro usually wins in gameplay or at least in value.

#122 2 years ago

I'll say Sega/Stern Harley Davidson,

Played one back when they were new and thought it was good fun, got one in a trade recently and then read the reviews, they absolute hate on it.
Borg game, double orbits that whip-with a spinner between the pops, nice ramp action, drop targets that mean something (especially as you progress and need a ton of miles to collect a patch, instead, hitting the drop targets like a sniper is key)

Multiball Jackpot call outs are a ton of fun, they're loud and constant, similar to the way Monster Bash delivers their call outs.
Lifting motorcycle is a cool toy. Translight is very well done, cabinet art is sweet, and I don't even ride street motorcycles but like the whole package overall.

Very decent scoring, fairly balanced with the exception of the later completions of video mode. Bonus x is also very well laid out and deep.
Not a perfect pin, but a lot of fun to jam out on. Beginner friendly and seasoned players will have a hard time getting the wizard mode as well.
Having owned and played a ton of both, I think T2 and the Getaway are good pins, but they're rated a lot higher than HD, have very limited rule sets with low capped balls end bonus.
HD is a lot more fun imo.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
3,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Delton, MI
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
There are 122 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside