Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

images (1) (resized).jpg
100_0194 (resized).JPG
There are 122 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 6 years ago

The Gottlieb street level games. Hoops, Deadly Weapon, Vegas, Silver Slugger and Car Hop are all fun pins. Never cared for Title Fight though.

#52 6 years ago

WWE...NASCAR...AVATAR....fun pins....

#53 6 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

Street fighter 2. Oh wait, that one actually does suck!

THANK YOU

WOF would be my vote

#54 6 years ago

Another for WOF. Excellent & unique layout. Excellent & unique rules.

The theme is awful for some. The complaints about unfinished code is really just two things: unbalanced scoring between some of the modes, and no wizard, or mini-wizard mode.

#55 6 years ago

Data East - Star Wars

With the new code it is a fun game which is not dominated by the ramp/loop.

#56 6 years ago

Friends and I were debating this last weekend. Of the games that got a bad rap that later became great games WPT never got its sentence overturned.

WPT - First SAM had a system/code problem making it unplayable sometimes that took a while to figure out.
POTC - No flow blah blah blah
SM - Awesome layout, Misspelled graphics that they didn't fix , Code that does nothing.
IM- too bare and cheap-out by Stern.
Tron - could have done so much more with the theme..sound familiar
etc etc

#57 6 years ago

Darling/Jubilee, Gulfstream, Spanish Eyes, Granada and WoF.

#58 6 years ago

X-files, very hard to master the shots. Most people play it once and walk because it is challenging. But the bang for the buck is awesome. Also Sega Star Wars Trilogy, imo the best Star Wars themed game made.

#59 6 years ago

Stern Star Wars. Fast, good flow, great LCD clips and a fantastic sound package. The Pinside hate fest has reached unnecessarily high levels.

#60 6 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Hardbody currently sits a few spots from the bottom in the Pinside rankings. I find it hard to believe that those low are rankings are coming from people that have spent time playing one.

I don't like to add LEDs to my older games, but they look awesome in Hardbody, my only game to have LEDs. The inline drop targets are my favorite with upper flipper right hand shot and a backhanded left hand shot. A bank of four drop targets on the upper playfield gives the player another feature to shoot for. A loop/horseshoe hides behind the four drop targets - a wonderful use of playfield space. My only complaint about Hardbody is that I wish the stand-up targets on the lower playfield were drop targets and that the lower playfield is somewhat lacking. There are the two stand-up targets on the bottom playfield to keep it a little more interesting. One allows for double scoring and the other returns the scoring to normal. The movable Flex Save ball guides are an innovative feature and that return the ball to the flipper inlanes - so nice to get another chance from certain death. You have to be quick because this is a fast game.

Hardbody gets a bad reputation because of the theme and the photographic translite, no insult intended to Rachel McLish. The translite might get a little more appreciation if it was more widely known that Rachel McLish was the first winner of the Ms. Olympia title. Embrace the cheese and you will enjoy Hardbody. It is a really fun and fast game to play.

#61 6 years ago

#South Park

Most people think it is sh!t, but it makes me smile every time I play it. I don't know if it is when I kill Kenny, or when Mr Hankey pops out of the toilet, but I have always had fun when I play it...that being said I have always had two or three schooners at least when playing, so maybe I've been wearing beer goggles.

#62 6 years ago

WWF Royal Rumble. So many can't stand wrestling because it is fake, yet love themes involving aliens, space travel, wizards, etc? Talk about fantasy land!

#63 6 years ago
Quoted from lancestorm:

WWF Royal Rumble. So many can't stand wrestling because it is fake, yet love themes involving aliens, space travel, wizards, etc? Talk about fantasy land!

NICE username! how is the actual gameplay? I've never had a chance to play one. My kid is getting big time into WWE and I've always considered it, but we don't have space for any more games, so something would have to go

#64 6 years ago

Hey you, with the face! Cyclone is great player. I think the theme and the lack of multiball hurts it. If you could look past its shortcomings, you will see a pin that is just a blast to play.

#65 6 years ago
Quoted from ryanwanger:

Another for WOF. Excellent & unique layout. Excellent & unique rules.
The theme is awful for some. The complaints about unfinished code is really just two things: unbalanced scoring between some of the modes, and no wizard, or mini-wizard mode.

One more for WOF. Gets a bad rep for theme and unfinished code but it is one of my favorite Stern games because of the challenging and unique gameplay. Its one of those "just one more game" titles for me (because of the short ball times) and it never gets old.

#66 6 years ago
Quoted from lancestorm:

Some of us have no interest in sweaty muscle bound men screaming at each other and getting physically aggressive with each other. World would be a much better place without those traits.

#67 6 years ago
Quoted from lancestorm:

I can't stand wrestling because of all the talking, the actual wrestling part I find to be fairly entertaining and funny but I can't sit through all the bullchit yapping.

#68 6 years ago

Cactus Canyon. That boring piece of garbage is unfairly held up as a great game. Blah. Even with CCC it's still lame. Without it, it's a walk away during ball 2 sort of game.

Most of the Gottlieb street level games are far more fun than people believe. Once you start playing them, lots of neat stuff starts to stick out.

#69 6 years ago

Rescue 911
Big Hurt
Gilligan's island
Roadshow (i know people who hate this one)
Bad Cats

#70 6 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

I can't stand wrestling because of all the talking, the actual wrestling part I find to be fairly entertaining and funny but I can't sit through all the bullchit yapping.

You should watch SmackDown; that is the "wrestling" show. It sounds like you are describing Raw, which, honestly I don't know what they're doing with that. But it's not a wrestling show.

#71 6 years ago

I have had a few earlier newer sterns that are great fun games but nowhere near the top 100. These would be monopoly, nascar, 24 and wpt.

#72 6 years ago

Trudeau games as of late

#73 6 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Some of us have no interest in sweaty muscle bound men screaming at each other and getting physically aggressive with each other. World would be a much better place without those traits.

I can see you haven't watched the current product in a long time. In addition, I suppose UFC frightens you away as well. It's OK, not everyone has to like it. They entertain me with the (generally) poor acting but excellent athletic ability.

#74 6 years ago
Quoted from lancestorm:

I suppose UFC frightens you away as well.

Indeed it does. The older I get the less excited I get at watching people injure each other. But that's just me...

#75 6 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Indeed it does. The older I get the less excited I get at watching people injure each other. But that's just me...

Lucille....

images (1) (resized).jpgimages (1) (resized).jpg

#76 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

NICE username! how is the actual gameplay? I've never had a chance to play one. My kid is getting big time into WWE and I've always considered it, but we don't have space for any more games, so something would have to go

Haha, glad you got my username. One of my favorite wrestlers of all time.

Gameplay is pretty decent. There are quite a lot of modes to shoot for. Actually winning the Royal Rumble is pretty challenging as you have to go 3 times to the left ramp, 3 times to the center ramp, and 3 times up the right hand side (in a flashing/random order) ALL THE WHILE trying to keep multiball going. Very difficult.

I will say the voice callouts can get grating, particularly Macho Man's "Yeah, Yeah, Ooooh Yeah" after every ball lost. You can always earn multiball on the 3rd ball (DE way). But the theme for me is awesome, it is what I grew up with! There are fast games, plenty to shoot for, and for any fan of wrestling it is a lot of fun. This is definitely fun for those a fan of the theme , kids, and average to below average pinballers.

#77 6 years ago

Mistaken repost.

#78 6 years ago

Busted, lol. To be fair, I watched that scene through my fingers.

#79 6 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Busted, lol. To be fair, I watched that scene through my fingers.

best show on TV for me and I don't like horror movies or zombies. I can't wait for the new season to start October 22.

#80 6 years ago

Stern Rolling Stones. Yes, it's cheap and plasticy....but it's pretty much the same type of gameplay as Iron Man & Tron - fast, simple, fun. Mick on a stick is the butt of jokes, but a really nicely programmed moving target that randomizes the game greatly as the ball's always bouncing off the front and back. Music is fun and fits pinball action well.

#81 6 years ago

Another for RS. I think it it has good flow. The left ramp to right ramp to blast zone is a satisfing/fun shot. I'm not a country music fan, but it's never bothered me...

#82 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Stern Rolling Stones. Yes, it's cheap and plasticy....but it's pretty much the same type of gameplay as Iron Man & Tron - fast, simple, fun. Mick on a stick is the butt of jokes, but a really nicely programmed moving target that randomizes the game greatly as the ball's always bouncing off the front and back. Music is fun and fits pinball action well.

I know there's like a pro and a Le on this one? Is the gameplay the same on both and the differences just cosmetic?

#83 6 years ago
Quoted from tslayer71:

I know there's like a pro and a Le on this one? Is the gameplay the same on both and the differences just cosmetic?

LE has a powerball

Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

how is the actual gameplay? I've never had a chance to play one.

It's 10 lbs of shit in a 5lbs bag

#84 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

LE has a powerball

Like a TZ Powerball?

#85 6 years ago
Quoted from tslayer71:

Like a TZ Powerball?

Yeah I thnk so...never played it myself though

#86 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Yeah I thnk so...never played it myself though

Cool - thanks! If it ever came up locally I'd consider it. I love the Stones....

#87 6 years ago
Quoted from mittens:

I think Ghostbusters has been unfairly labelled as a fun game and really, it isn't.

LOL. I had exactly the opposite thought GB is my favorite game at the moment, but I'm thinking of the Premium. Not sure it would be quite as much fun without the magna-slings, subway, motorized slimer, etc.

#88 6 years ago
Quoted from Paul_from_Gilroy:

Not sure it would be quite as much fun without the magna-slings, subway, motorized slimer, etc.

Subway & Slimer don;t make a real diff'rence. The slings & the actual ramp make a big diff'rence. Slows the game down a lot & more enjoyable to play.

#89 6 years ago
Quoted from tslayer71:

Cool - thanks! If it ever came up locally I'd consider it. I love the Stones....

Differences between Stones Pro & LE:

-Chrome trim
-Mirrored backglass
-Shaker
-Silver outlines/highlights on playfield
-Extra buttons to control "U.K. Style" ball save posts.
-White ball for random 2x scoring
-Hidden magnets that make things wacky during Multiball (like Addams "The Power")
-Extra song not on Pro

#90 6 years ago

Rolling Stones gets a bad rap, one of most played machines at my house when we have guests.

Hard to achieve final encore and the LE with the magnet action gets overlooked.

#91 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

-Chrome trim
-Mirrored backglass
-Shaker
-Extra song not on Pro

I wish pinside would split the rankings Le vs pro for this machine like all the others.

The LE is the one to buy, it a nice looking machine and with the additional features you mentioned very very under rated.

In the 300's? You have to be f'ing kidding me, there are at least 30 games in the pinside 100 that aren't anywhere near this.

Totally bad reputation!

#92 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

-Chrome trim
-Mirrored backglass
-Shaker
-Extra song not on Pro

Magnets that come into play during two multiball modes get crazy ball action.

#93 6 years ago

Funny how so many are strern and gottliebs. That should tell you something. I Wonder how many of those who say a game get a bad rap are noobs who paid to much for a turd game. Now they try to sell it with blinding LEDs, mods and mirror blades for $500 more than they paid but nobody will buy it.

I'm not a purist but the mod squad has destroyed some good games, made turds a polished turd. Good luck passing your turds from one noob to another noob.

Chris Kruger

#94 6 years ago

Let's just go back to hating these games... if not we're only going to drive up the prices!

#95 6 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

what's you mean sucker! Don't make me reach through your phone and suplex you!

#96 6 years ago
Quoted from Brazy:

Let's just go back to hating these games... if not we're only going to drive up the prices!

How bout we start hating some more games and drive prices down!

#97 6 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Magnets that come into play during two multiball modes get crazy ball action.

Oh yeah, forgot about that!

#98 6 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

How bout we start hating some more games and drive prices down!

Lol.. right! But we must close down this forum so people don't hike up the"bad"pin prices

#99 6 years ago

Royal Rumble has straight forward objectives and a great integrated shaker. I find it fun. I also feel that LW3 is overlooked. Lots to do great double corkscrew habitrail and having to fire the gun during game play. It also has great call outs and video with cool flashers and beacon on top.

#100 6 years ago

Bigguns

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Danbury, WI
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Machine - For Sale
Elkhart, IN
$ 0.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 17.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

5,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milan, IL
$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Just 3D Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Machine - For Sale
Hackensack, NJ
$ 11,300.00
Pinball Machine
Yellow River Pinball

Boards
Slap Save Creations

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 122 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/games-with-unfair-reputations/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.