(Topic ID: 223218)

Games with the hardest default Grand Champion score to beat?

By LesManley

8 months ago

Topic Stats

• 23 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 months ago by dsuperbee
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 8 months ago

I think Hook in particular is pretty high at 400 million. When it comes to Stern games, Ripley's and WOF are no casual walk in the park at 75 million each.

Back in the day it seemed most Bally/Williams 90's games had defaults set pretty low to allow people to get high scores quickly. Data East and Sega liked to make people work a little more. Stern used the 75 million benchmark for awhile over a few games rather generically. Other manufacturers are all over the board depending on games. What specific games do you think had the hardest default GC to beat?

#2 8 months ago

For me, it's NGG. I haven't (nor anyone else) ever got the top score on my game, but have had it easily on all my other games at one point or another.

#4 8 months ago
Quoted from tamoore:

For me, it's NGG. I haven't (nor anyone else) ever got the top score on my game, but have had it easily on all my other games at one point or another.

Another vote for NGG. Haven't come anywhere near the top.

#5 8 months ago
Quoted from djblouw:

Another vote for NGG. Haven't come anywhere near the top.

What is the default high score on NGG? I got 138 million on it once on route, but I remember that game taking forever and I don't remember ever really even breaking 100 million besides that game.

#6 8 months ago
Quoted from LesManley:

What is the default high score on NGG? I got 138 million on it once on route, but I remember that game taking forever and I don't remember ever really even breaking 100 million besides that game.

Default high score is 60,000,000.
Highest I've ever got was 46,000,000.

My high score on White Water is 1.5 billion, so it's not as if I can't play......

#7 8 months ago

Dirty Harry arrests was it for me....think you have to get 4?

#8 8 months ago

Stern's Iron Man --> 75 million is really hard to get with the current code.

#9 8 months ago

After over a year on location, I think I only saw one guy beat the default GC score on Tommy, 1 billion points is a tough score to beat.

#10 8 months ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Dirty Harry arrests was it for me....think you have to get 4?

Right, default is 3 I believe, but you have to beat it and get 4. That is not easy for sure.

#11 8 months ago
Quoted from BrianBannon:

After over a year on location, I think I only saw one guy beat the default GC score on Tommy, 1 billion points is a tough score to beat.

Tommy, Last Action Hero, Hook and I am sure there are others...Data Easts. They really liked to make you work for it.

#12 8 months ago
Quoted from LesManley:

Tommy, Last Action Hero, Hook and I am sure there are others...Data Easts. They really liked to make you work for it.

Rocky and Bullwinkle. I’ve owned mine for 4 or 5 years, and I’ve never put my initials in much less GC.

#13 8 months ago

Before I even opened this topic, Hook came to mind and you covered that first thing. Never got close to that score on original code.

#14 8 months ago
Quoted from tamoore:

I broke 100mill once. Tough game but that's why I always come back for one more game. Jackpots always get the blood pumping.

#15 8 months ago

I could make me believe, that there was not put too much thought into these in some of the cases. If not a lot of cases. There were other concerns regarding getting a game ready and going out the door. Pity about the ones that are just too far out to reach. Especially when there is not that much way to rape a low default one for free games.

#16 8 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Good luck getting 1.75 billion on Last Action Hero.

well, only Slater can do that !

#17 8 months ago

Bk2k @ 5.5 million is tough.

#18 8 months ago

IIRC 75 million on Big Buck Hunter is pretty tough

#19 8 months ago
Quoted from tilted81:

Bk2k @ 5.5 million is tough.

"no way" (lol)...
btw, are you serious ? because 5.5 is just nothing special on BK2000

https://pinside.com/pinball/machine/black-knight-2000/scores

#20 8 months ago

LW3 was in the neighborhood of 400 million. That is pretty damn hard. But I give another nod to hook. That’s a hell of a grind that I don’t think anyone wants to go through.

#21 8 months ago

has been in our league for a few weeks now and I don't think anyone has broken the top 3 scores.

#22 8 months ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

"no way" (lol)...
btw, are you serious ? because 5.5 is just nothing special on BK2000
https://pinside.com/pinball/machine/black-knight-2000/scores

Yeh lol, I’ve had it a couple years and still haven’t topped it.

#23 8 months ago
Quoted from BrianBannon:

Was just about to mention Tommy. I haven't come close to the high score, let alone even cracking the bottom of the default list.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Highland Park, IL
$ 299.00
Boards
PinSound
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 26.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
3,000 (OBO)
Sale Pending!
Royal Oak, MI
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Sale Pending!
Royal Oak, MI
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 275.00
$ 50.00
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside