aiq2 (resized).jpg
aiq1 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
deliverance (resized).jpg
IMG_20210723_004709 (resized).jpg
709A2F14-5978-4790-8035-2EE551CE1241 (resized).jpeg
Jennika (resized).png
Venus (resized).png
There are 68 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 2 years ago
Quoted from Tuukka:

Xenon and The Machine Bride of Pinbot

while the characters are women, I don't think it fits the spirit of the child's request. Xenon and BoP are sexy robots made to be alluring to a hetereosexual male audience, and I think that's fairly obvious. They were the Woah Nellie of their day, going for that teenage boy titillation.

#52 2 years ago

Lord of the Rings has Eowyn, "I am no man".

Arwen, "If you want him, come and claim him":

#53 2 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

while the characters are women, I don't think it fits the spirit of the child's request. Xenon and BoP are sexy robots made to be alluring to a hetereosexual male audience, and I think that's fairly obvious. They were the Woah Nellie of their day, going for that teenage boy titillation.

Agree, that's the conundrum here. I really like BoP as a game, but she's not really an empowering character. For one, she's the "bride" of Pinbot. I get it's a Bride of Frankenstein reference, but it's like calling Catwoman "Batman's girlfriend". Second, you are shooting balls into a sex robot's mouth, so....

#54 2 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Avengers has multiple lead female heroes and villains.

I second the recommendation for Avengers. It has a number of female heroes and a property that is current and that all kids will know.

#55 2 years ago

Tron has Quorra and Gem.

#56 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Pinball Magic

Magna Matra is indeed a powerful female character; only thing is in this game she's the villain, not a good character, and you eventually kill her off rather brutally at the end.

#57 2 years ago

Jurassic Park….Remember what doctor Wu said, all the dinosaurs are female…
Kidding aside as a father of 2 girls 4 and 8 I am mindful what games go in my basement. My 8 year old plays a lot of pinball, her favorites of mine are Jurassic Park, Comet, The Simpsons and Hook, she doesn’t really play Lethal Weapon 3 at all but when I play she likes to be in charge of pulling the trigger during the shootout and cut scenes.
On location she loves Guardians of the Galaxy which might be our next game. I would like her to play Avatar and see what she thinks as she likes the movie and the Avatar themed land in Animal Kingdom.

#59 2 years ago

Not already mentioned in this thread (I think):
Raven
The Rosie the Riveter-type woman from Dialed In whose name escapes me if I ever knew it
Eleven from Stranger Things
Wizard of Oz
GotG
Judge Anderson from Judge Dredd
Many playable women in JJP PotC
Quicksilver
Lexy Lightspeed
Heist
Mata Hari

EMs:
Buccaneer
Volley

and who could forget... the king of all feminist pinballs, Woman-Lib

dialed in (resized).pngdialed in (resized).pngwoman lib (resized).pngwoman lib (resized).png
#60 2 years ago
Quoted from oldbaby:

and who could forget... the king of all feminist pinballs, Woman-Lib[quoted image][quoted image]

Haha. Never seen that game. That's awesome and unexpected!

Quoted from Parkshow30:

Jurassic Park….Remember what doctor Wu said, all the dinosaurs are female…

YES! Genius!

#61 2 years ago

WPT and TOTAN are decent examples.

#62 2 years ago

Dorothy in WOZ is a murderer and druggy.

house (resized).jpghouse (resized).jpgpopp (resized).jpgpopp (resized).jpg
#63 2 years ago

Wow lots of bad answers in here

Anyhow, my wife had me put our Dolly Parton and Fire Queen in our living room. She loves those games and the art on them.

When I've wheeled it into tournaments, I've heard women squeal in joy at the sight of Dolly. I can't bring myself to point out Dave Christensen's cheeky joke in the art on Dolly. (Look closely at the pink flames on top of her head)

Fire Queen is gorgeous and it strikes the right balance of a power and sexuality in my opinion.

I have a Catwoman version of Batman 66 that does well on location. The art is sorta whatever, but it's what the location wanted and the female bartenders love it.

TNA or Lexi Lightspeed are probably the best answers though

#64 2 years ago

The clairvoyant means business..

87835C01-7035-4E0B-B6E7-00E5846AFB86 (resized).jpeg87835C01-7035-4E0B-B6E7-00E5846AFB86 (resized).jpeg

#66 2 years ago
Quoted from ReadyPO:

Here are some that come to mind
Charlie's Angels
Dolly Parton
Bride of Pinbot
Black Rose
Wizard of Oz
Stranger Things
Elvira (already mentioned, but times 3)
And if you want to read a thread where this question was recently posed (and not without a little pinside controversy of course):
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/real-talk-female-oriented-themes-in-pinball

Add that to the list of links I wish I never clicked on lol...

To the topic at hand, I haven't played the variety of pins yet most other posters here have, but my vote would be for Stranger Things. It seems to hit a lot of your points. Strong, (and young) female protagonist; not over-sexualized and all around pretty family friendly; and as an additional bonus it's fairly highly rated pin that you can currently add to your collection pretty easily.

I also may be biased because I love STh, to the point I went to a Halloween party as Eleven when the show first came out. The wife was NOT happy to come home and find that I had shaved my entire head and beard off for the true effect lol.

#67 2 years ago
Quoted from Aeolus7:

Haha. Never seen that game. That's awesome and unexpected!

YES! Genius!

Sega of Japan used to make pins for the Japanese market in the 70s. They're rare in Japan and even rarer outside of Japan. Very interesting games, check them out on ipdb
https://ipdb.org/search.pl?searchtype=advanced&mfgid=279

#68 2 years ago

Really appreciate all the thoughtful responses in this thread. My takeaway: there are a lot more options than I thought! Bravo to those who companies who have chosen/highlighted more inclusive themes & characters.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 7,999.00
$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

6,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gainesville, FL
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ballston Spa, NY
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 16.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
Jacksonville, FL
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Reflex Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 3.49
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 68 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/games-with-strong-female-characters/page/2?hl=oldbaby and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.