• Latest reply 8 years ago by SUPERBEE
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSCN1384.jpg
DSC07713.jpg
There are 93 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#52 9 years ago

Whirlwind can have some short times, although it can also have some long ball times when you get going.

#53 9 years ago

Flash Gordon

#54 9 years ago

Mar's Trek . Maybe the toughest 3" flipper EM out there.

#56 9 years ago

TWD hands down. Low scores too.

#57 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Big Daddy. "Say by by to that little steel ball"

You EM guys.... I need to get over to silverball museum again soon.

#58 9 years ago

This TAF I just picked up is sure kicking my a$$

#59 9 years ago
Quoted from thedefog:

Sad to think we don't really see hit games with crazy ass trippy themes anymore like qbert and dig dug. Everything is so serious for the most part. They went from creativity due to the limiting factors of the hardware all the way to the opposite of doing something just because they can.
The last game I can think of that I thought was an amazing idea and ridiculously trippy fun theme that also did well was Katamari Damacy. Freaking love that game.

Yes....I used to roll that ball around all day.....really cool game..............Joey

#60 9 years ago
Quoted from thedefog:

You EM guys.... I need to get over to silverball museum again soon.

You asked for short ball times.

Now a game like Williams Grand Prix I can keep it going and get a substantial score. But some of those kick your ass short flipper games of the early 60s were designed to drain. In a hurry. If you can keep one of those going for a while you have accomplished something.

#61 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Oh, they get mentioned. But sometimes they get ignored. What was your longest ball time on Big Daddy, Rob? We count those in micro-seconds.

Big Daddy would be the first on this list!

#62 9 years ago

It is the one I choose when I don't have a lot of time.

#63 9 years ago

Another vote for BSD- although it has a ball save- where is Whirlwind kick your butt- sometime right off the plunge- no ball save- drives me crazy!

#64 9 years ago

In my current collection:

Iron Man
Bram Stoker's Dracula
Flash Gordon

Rob Bell
Robsgameroom.com

#65 9 years ago
Quoted from thedefog:

I think BSD would be a much different animal with normal flippers on it. The funniest part of Pinbot is that it has the center rebound pin between the flippers solely as a tease because you're never going to drain a ball anywhere but the outlanes.

Actually it's worse.I tried them.I think the lightnings were put on for that reason.And yes another vote for BSD had a few 2 minute games tonight

#66 9 years ago

My Bally Playboy can kick my ass pretty damn fast but I still come back for one more.

#67 9 years ago
Quoted from Slugmeister:

Actually it's worse.I tried them.I think the lightnings were put on for that reason.And yes another vote for BSD had a few 2 minute games tonight

Dang that's twice as long as my average game

#68 9 years ago

A majority of Stern games it seems. Iron Man and Tron, but in my last tournament it was Transformers and Scared Stiff, go figure.

#69 9 years ago

The Genco Hits and Runs I repaired. Never had 5 balls drain that fast.

#70 9 years ago

These type of games are my FAVOURITES! I hate long games, except RBION
GI, BBH and Surf Champ are insanely quick, makes it so much more special when you have a half decent game.
FT with silicone play field rubber and fresh wax is firkin awesome too !

#71 9 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Not sure if yours does this, but mine at least 50% of the time goes sdtm after hitting the 8 ball drop.

I've never played a game that has more shots that are designed to drain the ball after hitting it like EBD. Makes you want to play "just one more" again and again and again. My 8 ball shot is the same, a fast hit is required for it to travel back with enough speed to land on your left flipper, brilliant!

#72 9 years ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

I hate long games, except RBION
GI, BBH and Surf Champ are insanely quick, makes it so much more special when you have a half decent game.

So you're a huge LotR fan then?

#73 9 years ago

Avengers ...... damn those games are quick

#74 9 years ago

All the one i'm playing...

#75 9 years ago

IM, TWD, BSD, FT, HSII, TS

#76 9 years ago

Dot Star trek, metallica, ac/dc, taf, twd

all EM

lotr

#77 9 years ago

EBD all day

#78 9 years ago

Just read the whole thread and the worst wasn't even mentioned.

Interflip Dragon !!!!!!
I own one and I love it but I've also played 5 balls where your lucky to hit the flipper 5 times.

#79 9 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Just read the whole thread and the worst wasn't even mentioned.
Interflip Dragon !!!!!!
I own one and I love it but I've also played 5 balls where your lucky to hit the flipper 5 times.

That is definitely the bigger quarter eater I'v ever seen.

#80 9 years ago

I have a F14, but that has much longer ball times than the Sorcerer and Lightning I have. Flash Gordon is the quickest ball times of anything I have ever played. Killer outlanes and the ball comes out of the pops SDTM. All good games with a group of people - your ball drains and your beer is back in hand still ice cold.

#81 9 years ago

Any game I'm playing where my wife walks in and tells me to stop screwing around because I've got shit to do.

#82 9 years ago
Quoted from joey316g:

This TAF I just picked up is sure kicking my a$$

Let me know if your tired of the butt kicking and want to let her go!

#83 9 years ago

Black RoseDSC07713.jpgDSC07713.jpg

#84 9 years ago

BSD and sometimes High Speed (if you miss a couple shots and have bad luck the game can be over fast)

#85 9 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Any game I'm playing where my wife walks in and tells me to stop screwing around because I've got shit to do.

Seriously. My 2 year old called me out the other day. I legitimately had to do something down in the basement, and stopped for 2 minutes to grab a game of Comet (before it leaves) and I come back up and the wife says he said "Daddy's not cleaning, he's playing!". Touche! Or more like "Et Tu, Brute?"

#86 9 years ago

Cirqus Coltaire can be a ball drainer too.

2 months later
#87 8 years ago

Both the tables I own will throw you to the dogs within seconds on some balls with some mean tease single scoring crap of 500 or 1000 points off some area on the thing so you don't get the ball save -- Gold Ball and PinBot. The first one is open like an EM and is very fast, seems happy to often throw the thing down the right side, center too if you try and get frisky spelling Goldball in the center. Pinbot, that one has no explanation why, it just is a mean tease flopping stuff down the sides like it was a magnetic loving attraction and many are aware of its cruelty.

Yesterday I put up my best game ever around the 6M mark, the games before it I was lucky to get 1M on a 5 ball game because of shenanigans.

1 week later
#89 8 years ago

Ball time usually depends on how you play the machine. Are you going for the "risky" (bottom playfield) shots or are you trying to his some upper playfield targets or ramps.
It also depends on the width of the outlane exits. There are some machines with no mercy there.
And if you try to play those fast, statistically you're about to drain relatively quickly.
Especially if the tilt plumb bob is high. Then you have even less chance to react on those returns.
It's interesting how all of you mentioned so many different machines. To answer the question myself, it's hard to say which one has the shortest ball time for me, but I can tell Fish Tales doesn't like me a lot

#90 8 years ago

We have a new winner, WNBJM.
DSCN1384.JPGDSCN1384.JPGMan this thing is insane. Set at 6.5 deg on the crate, it is an absolute ball tearer or money maker if you are an operator.
It is just too much fun and incredible dynamics for a machine with out ramps or orbits. Future classic for sure.

#91 8 years ago

4 Square. My stubby flipper bitch.

#92 8 years ago

Flash Gordon is my votes. I have entire games that last less than minute.

#93 8 years ago

My F14 is in pristine shape. Plays super fast and I don't usually have quick ball times on it. I honestly don't find it nearly the ball drainer that my Getaway is.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 22.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 859.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

4,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Kingston, OK
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 16.00
$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

11,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Homer Glen, IL
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
Machine - For Sale
Surfside Beach, SC
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

£ 195.00
$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 93 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/games-with-shortest-ball-time/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.