Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 13 years ago by donjagra
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 13 years ago

It has taken me a while but games that I find myself most engrossed in have great music and sound i.e AF, LOTR, MB, TAF, SS, MM whilst other games that I really enjoy i.e FT and WH20 do not give me the same experience due to the music and speech. I am thinking of buying WH20 but the sound/speech package has given me doubts.

What other games have really good immersive speech and sounds? I want to be drawn into a game in the way the Aliens do in AFM, so what have I missed?

#2 13 years ago

If you like horror,BSD and TFTC are pretty immersive in terms of the sound package.

thats actually why I really like Indy 500, the sound is awesome and makes you feel like you are at a track...too bad its so hard to find.

#3 13 years ago

ST TNG is very good with voice calls from the tv show characters,Spider-man is great fun with the sounds especially with the shaker motor and sub woofer.
    I am sure there are several others!

#4 13 years ago

I have never fully understood the dislike for WH20's sound. As you advance in the game the sounds get better and more intense. I guess I'm in the minority but I like it.

I really like this one to. Check it out. Pretty intense.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Japz80#p/u/1/E-m38VKMPz4

#5 13 years ago

Of all the games I have played, I find RFM to be the most impressive sound wise. I liken it to AFM on smack!

#6 13 years ago

Thanks. What about TOMMY and GNR - never played them but does the rock music enhance these games?

#7 13 years ago

I'd still like a game themed like Sexy Girl with certain sounds .. only lb45 has been able to find one and if I was rich I would have gotten one of the two he found across the big pond.

http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=2106&picno=4842

(The playfield picture is just linked for the you know what reason)

#8 13 years ago

SM and IJ both have great sound and qoutes.
    I like that the quotes on SM are kinda randomized. I am still hearing ones I've never noticed before. And the music just jams.
    Because there are so many modes in IJ the quotes don't get seem repetitive. And each mode has it's own music.
    TSPP also has a lot of quotes. Don't remember the music much.
    LOTR has great sound but the quotes are the same every time which gets kinda annoying.

#9 13 years ago

Haven't played Tommy but Yes, GnR has some good tunes and sounds.

#10 13 years ago

Gweempose the sounds in RFM are humerus,Love those quotes!!

#11 13 years ago

I've altered sounds at times just for fun in some of my machines. It takes a bit of work on the sound eproms. But if you want you can with some effort and a compiler/decompiler. The biggest problem is making the new sound fit in the memory "space" of the old sound on the chip.

I am SOOOOOO looking forward to the WOZ machine being open source. That will be so much fun to tinker with and also see what others come up with.

#12 13 years ago

My favourites are
    BSD is outstanding, especially if you switch on the dual volume setting, that way the game gets louder on occasions and really rocks.
    Laser War is another amazing game as the sounds builds up if you hit the shots several times.
    Xenon is also cool in the way it builds up together with a great backglass light display.
    Sterns Lightning has nice sounds and Big Game has an amazing bonus count at the end.

#13 13 years ago

Family guy has great sounds and makes you laugh every time. you always hear something new. the theme in the backround is nice too. Revenge from Mars and LOTR both have great sounds and quotes as well.

#14 13 years ago

I always thought TZ was awesome "Don't Touch The Door"!

#15 13 years ago

Tommy does indeed play some great tunes!

#17 13 years ago

I agree... BOP

#18 13 years ago

Yeah BOP is the only game that had everyone running from all around the house to see "whats happening".

#19 13 years ago

Champion Pub has over 300 different speech calls for the 10 different boxers, plus others. And they are Crystal Clear. Very well done IMHO

#20 13 years ago

I love the Sonic Boom and the screaming Daleks on DW.

"WHERE IS THE DOCTOR?"
    "THE DOCTOR HAS ESCAPED!"

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/games-with-most-immersive-speechsounds-etc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.