Topic Stats

• 25 posts
  • 18 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by h_flex
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

I know of two games that have more than one target for an extra ball. JD has two targets, and NGG will award an extra ball at the kickout/left outlane and the green scoop. What other games have more than one place to earn an extra ball?

#2 3 years ago

Police force has 5.

#3 3 years ago

Tons of games in this category. STTNG can award an extra ball for reaching Warp 8, for reaching 10x multiplier, there is one hidden in the video mode, and I believe you can light extra ball with a certain number of shuttle ramp shots.

#4 3 years ago

I'm talking specifically about targets, not modes.

#5 3 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

Tons of games in this category.

Reeeeeead the post

#6 3 years ago

Black Hole has an extra ball shot on the upper playfield (lit by dropping the lower playfield 3-bank twice), and another extra ball shot on the lower playfield, although I'm not 100% sure how you light that (it tends to light up for me during what are already good games though).

#7 3 years ago
Quoted from Dewey68:

I'm talking specifically about targets, not modes.

Not really sure I understand the distinction. I mean it's not like you collect those extra balls on STTNG in the same place.

#8 3 years ago

Doesnt jack*bot have it in all 4 lanes?

Quoted from pezpunk:

Not really sure I understand the distinction. I mean it's not like you collect those extra balls on STTNG in the same place.

Do you really not understand the diff'rence betwixed a target and a mode?

#9 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Doesnt jack*bot have it in all 4 lanes?

BOP too, and pinbot I think.

#10 3 years ago

Congo.
One on the left and one on the volcano. I tried so f'ing hard to get the volcano one yesterday and never could make the shot.

#11 3 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

Not really sure I understand the distinction.

Most games only have one target, rollover, whatever, which you hit when extra ball is lit. Some have more than one. I guess you could throw in TSPP, but I don't really count that as you can move the lit lane around by hitting the flippers, unless it's the crazy extra ball that changes the lit lane randomly. I'm curious what games have more than one target to get an extra ball when they are lit.

#12 3 years ago

Bally Circus, Big Show, Champ, Flicker, Boomerang.

#13 3 years ago

Gottlieb's Spring Break. Once EB is lit, it is collected from one of two targets (rollunders). The lit rollunder alternates with every pop bumper or slingshot hit.

Gottlieb's Genie too. Target at upper left lit from completing ABCD lanes, target on upper right lit by completing white drop targets. (Thanks Pinball Arcade!)

#14 3 years ago

Gottlieb Gold Wings has two. Both 360 loops in the center of the playfield offers extra ball once lit.

#15 3 years ago

Mata Hari has two different ways of getting an extra ball. One is getting in the saucer and the other is hitting the A-B lanes.

#16 3 years ago

Catacomb (1981) -- EB is lit on the inlanes (alternating) by one method, and on the spinner lane by getting to 4x multiplier.

Like Genie or STTNG, these are in some sense different 'modes' that reward an EB. Same with TOM and some other games which have a Video Mode EB that's not on the same shot as the EB shot. (AFM doesn't count: it's the scoop for both.)

Note that 'crazy' EB on Simpsons PP doesn't move randomly, but instead 'evilly': to the lane least likely given the current switch hits.

#17 3 years ago

I figured there would be quite a few EM's that had them. Good info!

#18 3 years ago

Big game - spell big game and EB is lit behind the G A targets. If you get four corners on two bingo cards, the right outlane is lit for EB. The interesting this about these EBs is that if you light both on the same ball and collect one, the other goes away, but if you light one and collect it on one ball, then light the other on your next ball and collect that, you can collect two EBs in one game.

EBD - the left loop lights EB if you hit it enough. The game awards EB for collecting a lit 8 ball for the second time. It also awards an EB if you complete the deluxe targets when lit.

#19 3 years ago

Gottlieb Haunted House has 2. One on the lower playfield and one on the main level.
Gottlieb Super mario bros has 2. One is after 4 cave shots and its on a timer and one is on a certain castle shot.

#20 3 years ago
#21 3 years ago

Black Knight, and to an extent, BSD if you count getting an EB through the 2nd video mode (essentially the 2nd target being the right lane when the mode is ready the 2nd time).

#22 3 years ago

Robo-War has 4 EB lights, one above each top lane. You can light all 4, but there's no need -- you can only get one per ball.

#23 3 years ago

Banzai Run, one on the lower pf captive ball, one on the upper pf captive ball.

#24 3 years ago

The Amazing Spider-Man (Gottlieb 1980) has extra ball on both drop target banks.

#25 3 years ago

Breakshot, there's a captive ball, and during 9 ball you can earn an extra ball by hitting the center holes at the right time.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 129.00
Lighting - Led
LED OCD
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Phoenix, AZ
$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
Bright Lights Pinball
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Jacksonville, FL
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 150.00
Playfield - Protection
Republic Of Pinball
$ 89.99
Machine - For Sale
London, ON
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Louisville, KY
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
€ 3.70
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 45.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 47.00
$ 28.00
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside