• Latest reply 9 years ago by tilted81
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Collector.jpg
#1 9 years ago

How does this happen? I just picked up an Iron Man VE on Friday and checked the audits when it arrived and it was at 102 and then checked the audits last night and it was at 210. I didn't have a party nor have anyone else over. I just don't get how a person gets a machine and puts almost no plays on it. Why even buy a machine

#2 9 years ago

It's slightly more understandable with a longer-playing game, but equally unforgivable in my book

#3 9 years ago

Maybe average ball time is 1 hour, and the owner played 1 game a night for 102 nights?

#4 9 years ago

A very large collection...... someone picks up a few games in a package to add to a bigger collection. They play it here and there, then decide they don't like it, need the money, want something new, and BOOM.....out the door it goes with 100 plays.

#5 9 years ago

It takes me a long time to get to 100 when I open new titles. I have sold many with less than 100....wolverine, hulk, stle to name a few

#6 9 years ago

My games don't really even get played now that I have a kid. Last year, before he arrived, I put 1500 plays on my TRON. now I'm lucky if I will put 1 play a week in on it.

#7 9 years ago

I put 900 on my IMVE in two months. Still no DodMB...

#8 9 years ago

It's either a) they lie and purposely reset the plays, b) they reset them while changing back to factory presets or c) they aren't pinheads. In 3.5 years we have put 5200 plays on our nib Avatar. I like how newer sterns have earnings audits that CANNOT be reset! No more "it's HUO! Really!"

#9 9 years ago
Quoted from edwinpblue:

In 3.5 years we have put 5200 plays on our nib Avatar.

Wow, since Oct 2010 when mine was delivered, I only have 1100 plays on it. And thats still one of the most played games. 5200 is a lot for home use (though it is a great game)

#10 9 years ago
Quoted from edwinpblue:

It's either a) they lie and purposely reset the plays, b) they reset them while changing back to factory presets or c) they aren't pinheads. In 3.5 years we have put 5200 plays on our nib Avatar. I like how newer sterns have earnings audits that CANNOT be reset! No more "it's HUO! Really!"

what do you mean? If you install a new code isn't everything reset?

#11 9 years ago
Quoted from Max_Badazz:

A very large collection

This. I used to play the hell out of every game when it showed up, but now as the collection grows, each new game gets played less when it arrives. Just the double edged sword of having more and more pins.

#12 9 years ago
Quoted from Max_Badazz:

Wow, since Oct 2010 when mine was delivered, I only have 1100 plays on it. And thats still one of the most played games. 5200 is a lot for home use (though it is a great game)

and you have 3X as many games as him.

#13 9 years ago
Quoted from rai:

what do you mean? If you install a new code isn't everything reset?

Nope! You cannot reset earnings in new sterns! Resetting, new code and factory spec restore all have no impact on the earnings since new.

#14 9 years ago

I know the answer to your question. 102 plays is a lot for Chris.

#15 9 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

This. I used to play the hell out of every game when it showed up, but now as the collection grows, each new game gets played less when it arrives. Just the double edged sword of having more and more pins.

But choices are good! Having pins for whatever mood I am in is a huge benefit of having enough pins. If anyone audited all my games from month to month they would think I was schizophrenic. Some months they would think all I play are fast games that abuse me. Other months they would think I was old because I only play slower calm games.

Except Demo Man. No matter what month that bitch still gets played and played. No explanation for it, DM just still gets it right. No deep thought, just play.

#16 9 years ago

I hear ya guy. I try to put at least 5-10 games on my Addams every night. When I had my 3 pin set up I would play 2-3 on each every night. My BOP got over 250 plays at MGC in 1.5 days.

#17 9 years ago

I can give you a ton of reasons this happens. For me personally I at one time had too many games. This left some games not even being played once a week. After scaling back to half what I had they get played more but still sometimes I can go days without playing. A laundry list of reasons from work, family and dogs. I still consider myself a pinhead but not as hardcore as most.

X-men, LOTR, WH20,TSPP,Family Guy all came and went with less then a 100 plays, no resets, new code ECT. Just played as much as time allowed and wish I could have gotten more of my monies worth.

With that said I just broke a whopping 300 plays on Ac/Dc after two years, and Tron has close to the same amount of play.

Happy to have cool pinsiders over to increase these numbers so it's not as if I am hoarding "my precious".

#18 9 years ago
Quoted from BowlingJim:

I know the answer to your question. 102 plays is a lot for Chris.

I wasn't just referring to him. I was just thinking in general. I feel like I see tons of for sale posts that have low play numbers listed. Even on games that are a few years old. I do see that if you had a large collection that the plays would get spread out. My thing is that when I get a new game. I play the piss out of it. Sometimes I get tired of it, sometimes I don't. Iron Man is probably a bad example because sometimes the games are 30 seconds long. LOTR might be a better example. They probably have lower plays due to epically long ball times.

#19 9 years ago

Big collection = fewer games played per title . I play what my mood of the moment dictates . I rarely play more than one game on any title before I move on to another title for my second game . Games always seem fresh when I go back to play previous title again on another day . Downside I am not likely going to set any record for high scores since you don't get the shots , rule set or flow down . Big big big collection even fewer plays since you have all the work keeping the games running . Plus with me farm work makes pinball is a rainy day hobby . Enjoy your day . Shane

#20 9 years ago
Quoted from starbase:

With that said I just broke a whopping 300 plays on Ac/Dc after two years, and Tron has close to the same amount of play.

Happy to have cool pinsiders over to increase these numbers so it's not as if I am hoarding "my precious".

I'll come over and gladly help you double those plays on your tron and AC/DC.

#21 9 years ago

I bought a MM new in 1997. I have 1780 plays on it in 17 years.

As someone said, more games = fewer plays per game

#22 9 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

How does this happen? I just picked up an Iron Man VE on Friday and checked the audits when it arrived and it was at 102 and then checked the audits last night and it was at 210. I didn't have a party nor have anyone else over. I just don't get how a person gets a machine and puts almost no plays on it. Why even buy a machine

I am convinced people simply reset the audits and then claim to have a low play game, or they are collectors and not players.

#23 9 years ago
Quoted from edwinpblue:

Nope! You cannot reset earnings in new sterns! Resetting, new code and factory spec restore all have no impact on the earnings since new.

this is good news, when did this start? I re-flashed my STLE but forgot to check the audits, so I'd like to see how many games I've played total.

#24 9 years ago

I don't think I play all that often, but I still put on more games than the OP mentioned. I put 500 on AC/DC in a year. I put the same amount on Metallica in 2 months. Now in the 3rd month of owning Metallica, I am still playing it way more than AC/DC. Other pins that I own/have owned get played quite a bit less than these two.

I am still a terrible player, so the game times are pretty short.

#25 9 years ago
Quoted from rai:

this is good news, when did this start? I re-flashed my STLE but forgot to check the audits, so I'd like to see how many games I've played total.

Total plays do reset; it's the games paid for (revenue) that doesn't. If a less than give year old stern has been routed it will show up in the earnings audit.

#26 9 years ago

This subject has been discussed in the past. I'm guilty of having very few plays on my games due to everything else in life. A couple games played here and there for me is great. Don't get to play every day, week or month. Also add in my enjoyment of restoring or fixing games and time is the key!-Joe

#27 9 years ago

Collector.jpgCollector.jpg

#28 9 years ago

Hello Pinside-I'm a collector! (great movie)

#29 9 years ago

Lol, I just checked the audits on my first game which is Tron. Had it for about 29 months and I have put 8100 plays on it and I still suck at it : )

I understand having more games results in less overall play for each game but I have no clue how IM could be that low with it's crazy short game times. My least played is ST PRO, got it in May and it have 397 plays.

2 months later
#30 9 years ago
Quoted from Solder_Splash:

Collector.jpg 35 KB

Put the novis in the basket.

#31 9 years ago

I put over 3000 plays on bk2k in the first year I had it. I played that game a lot.

#32 9 years ago

I've had WoZ since July and have personally put about 40 games on it if I had to guess and most of those were in the first week or two. It was used in a tournament so it has a total of 213 plays. When I go in to the gameroom, it is just not the game I want to play. I have probably played 100+ games on most of my EMs since July and at least 250 games on STLE.

#33 9 years ago
Quoted from donjagra:

I put over 3000 plays on bk2k in the first year I had it. I played that game a lot.

The way I play that game, 3000 games will take about 15 min (I am horrible at BK2K)

#34 9 years ago

Meh, it's sad but my games only get a few plays a month.. Just to busy with other shit. When I get time everybody's sleeping and I can't jam so I don't bother

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 46.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/games-with-less-than-100-plays-on-them and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.