6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 38 posts
  • 28 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by hb1981
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 6 years ago

I have type Same probleem as a lot of me vers of huis site. I of ten Get tired of games after a couple of months

What games are known tot getting type least boring?

#2 6 years ago

RBION is a tuffy and keeps you interested.

#3 6 years ago

After I've had a game for a couple weeks I pretty much stop playing it. Maybe one or two plays a month. The only game I've ever considered a long term keeper is LOTR. Different strokes for different folks though, so it may not be for you.

#4 6 years ago

Star Trek , the Next Generation , Best game ever!

#5 6 years ago

White water keeps me interested

#6 6 years ago

Depends on your taste. I get sick of most newer Stern games in 5 minutes but I'm more about theme and creativity than achieving goals and complex rules. Most '90s Williams games, I think, have the highest replay value, and you'll tend to see these at the top 20 of the top 100 list. Particularly, TZ, AFM, IJ, Whitewater and (if you can stomach the theme) Shadow. Best bag for buck games IMO are later alphanumerics like Whirlwind and Earthshaker, as both can be had for under $2K but are a ton of fun.

#7 6 years ago

any games with a "one more time" feel. hs, tz, and bsd come to mind. or any game you overpaid for and feel like you're going to take a major loss so you keep it. or ones that were so cheap you'd be crazy to sell because you'll never find it at that price again.

#8 6 years ago

I links games like tz hand taf where you have many game modes hand complete a mansion or door are there stern machines links that?

Lotr seems links a keeper tot me

#9 6 years ago
    Quoted from trilogybeer:

Star Trek , the Next Generation , Best game ever!

Now there's a man who knows his games! .....and beer.

#10 6 years ago

TRON, IRON MAN, BSD, AC/DC PREMIUM, TSPP

Games that are very hard I tend to like more as they keep me coming back for more

#11 6 years ago
    Quoted from Tommi_Gunn:

any games with a "one more time" feel. hs, tz, and bsd come to mind.

HS for sure. I've 9'ed the board all the way out and still want to play it right again.

#12 6 years ago

Games with generally short ball times, but once in a while you get that one epic break-out game. FT and DW were the first two pins I owned and will likely be the last to leave.

#13 6 years ago

How about potc, MB and sm?

#14 6 years ago

Those are good , best is that group is SM But its still no Next Gen.

#15 6 years ago

What machine is a next gen keeper

#16 6 years ago

Of those i have had SM takes the crown. It just has it all. IM is probably my second...which continues to amaze me

#17 6 years ago
    Quoted from hb1981:

What machine is a next gen keeper

think he's referring to star trek the next generation

if you mean next gen as technology. i'd still consider sm, im, and tron in that league. all of them are solid keepers imo.

#18 6 years ago

FT for me but each to there own I guess

#19 6 years ago

I only buy games that I consider 'keepers' for the most part. It helps that as of right now I am out of space, so buying games to fix up and sell just isn't gonna happen right now.

Everyone's tastes as to what is a keeper or a seller differs of course, and what I like someone else may hate it.

#20 6 years ago
    Quoted from Tommi_Gunn:

think he's referring to Star Trek The Next Generation
    if you mean next gen as technology. i'd still consider sm, im, and tron in that league. all of them are solid keepers imo.

Thats stupid of me haha. But i think i Am in minority but i really dont links sttng. I find it a little boring but thats juist my pers on al opinion

#21 6 years ago
    Quoted from hb1981:

Thats stupid of me haha. But i think i Am in minority but i really dont links sttng. I find it a little boring but thats juist my pers on al opinion

you're not the only one. i think it's a downright awful game. ugly horrendous artwork, big sluggish boat, awful music, bad animation, absolute drain monster, and it's nightmare to work on. steaming turd. I have no idea why people like it. it's got to coincide with star trek fans. we'll see what happenes with the rumored stern release.

#22 6 years ago

To me, any machine can get boring after a while but when I go back to them after a while everything seems new again.

#23 6 years ago

The pins I own are keepers.

#24 6 years ago

BSD or a game without a wizard mode. I liked TZ and WH2O but the play becomes formulaic once you really learn the nuances of the pin. I considered AFM a keeper but with the prices going up selling "keepers" to add more variety is very tempting.

#25 6 years ago
    Quoted from Tommi_Gunn:

you're not the only one. i think it's a downright awful game. ugly horrendous artwork, big sluggish boat, awful music, bad animation, absolute drain monster, and it's nightmare to work on. steaming turd. I have no idea why people like it. it's got to coincide with Star Trek fans. we'll see what happenes with the rumored stern release.

I am a star trek fan. But that's not why I like the game. You said you have no idea why people like it so I'll give you my reasons.

- the flow is just awesome. Three ramps, three flippers, wide open pf. It really flows well.
    - the theme is integrated perfectly. Probably best integration of a theme in pinball. Every original actor was hired to give unique call outs that are specific to the game. Little nuances like the "thank you mr data" bonus. Of course you need to be quite familiar with the theme, specifically next generation to appreciate this.
    - the game kicks my ass most the time. It's tough. But when I do well it's extremely satisfying
    - I like the modes. They're actually fun and have some variety.
    - the software is really well written. You are heavily rewarded for your success such as warp 9 extra ball, the huge crystal collection bonuses on final frontier, etc.

I agree the artwork is not very appealing. But with proper LEDs, black mirror blades, the game looks pretty decent. I also agree that the outlanes can be ridiculous and the game can be hard to keep running. But I like it for the reasons I stated above, anyway.

#26 6 years ago

sttng is a decent game. that said i play it the least out of my machines, along with woz

i have to be in the right mood to play it, and then i really enjoy it. it's heavy and chronically prone to minor breakdowns.

it would be the first machine out the door for me.

#27 6 years ago

high keepability = MM

I my opinion, keepability usually goes hand in hand with the things that make a pin popular to begin with:
    Fun
    Funny and timeless theme
    Challenging for a player
    Easy enough to put a smile on a non-players face
    Ball times are usually pretty short but can also have bust out games that last 30min
    Many tasks to complete or shoot for (i.e. just blow up castles, load all madness before going to merlin, high score, defeat KOP, etc...)

#28 6 years ago

AFM is my staple followed closely by MM

#29 6 years ago

BSD is my keeper game so far, and Fishtales as well. I'd sell FT before BSD though...I may never sell BSD unless someone gives me 5k for it. Mine is REALLY nice, unfaded..

#30 6 years ago

A game that I can play over and over is The Getaway, not super deep, but there is something about the flow of the game and out running the cops. Cool light shows too, the beacon is sweet.

#31 6 years ago
    Quoted from tomdotcom:

BSD is my keeper game so far, and Fishtales as well. I'd sell FT before BSD though...I may never sell BSD unless someone gives me 5k for it. Mine is REALLY nice, unfaded..

darn, i was just going to offer you 4.75k , oh well i can dream can't i

#32 6 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

high keepability = MM
    I my opinion, keepability usually goes hand in hand with the things that make a pin popular to begin with:FunFunny and timeless themeChallenging for a playerEasy enough to put a smile on a non-players faceBall times are usually pretty short but can also have bust out games that last 30minMany tasks to complete or shoot for (i.e. just blow up castles, load all madness before going to merlin, high score, defeat KOP, etc...)

MM for sure is a keeper.
    So much so,I have two.
    One being restored,one to play while I wait for the other

#33 6 years ago

TFTC and SM for me. I will find another keeper. It's a personal choice.

#34 6 years ago

does tomcat have high replay value?

#35 6 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

I am a Star Trek fan. But that's not why I like the game. You said you have no idea why people like it so I'll give you my reasons.
    - the flow is just awesome. Three ramps, three flippers, wide open pf. It really flows well.
    - the theme is integrated perfectly. Probably best integration of a theme in pinball. Every original actor was hired to give unique call outs that are specific to the game. Little nuances like the "thank you mr data" bonus. Of course you need to be quite familiar with the theme, specifically next generation to appreciate this.
    - the game kicks my ass most the time. It's tough. But when I do well it's extremely satisfying
    - I like the modes. They're actually fun and have some variety.
    - the software is really well written. You are heavily rewarded for your success such as warp 9 extra ball, the huge crystal collection bonuses on final frontier, etc.
    I agree the artwork is not very appealing. But with proper LEDs, black mirror blades, the game looks pretty decent. I also agree that the outlanes can be ridiculous and the game can be hard to keep running. But I like it for the reasons I stated above, anyway.

You keep making me want to get a STTNG sooner rather than later.

#36 6 years ago

I dislike any Star Trek show, but STTNG the pin is awesome. You don't have to be a trekkie to appreciate it.

#37 6 years ago
    Quoted from EvanBingham:

does tomcat have high replay value?

I may be strange but I find myself powering up my F-14 more than the others by a long shot. Something about it's simplicity and brutal speed maybe.

#38 6 years ago
    Quoted from ThePostmaster:

TFTC and SM for me. I will find another keeper. It's a personal choice.

i just sold my tftc last week

i currently own taf and am looking for 2 extra machines (only have space for 3)

i have someone looking for a TZ and a LOTR at the moment. and hope those are keepers

but was trying to get suggestions for alternatives. The TZ i have already owned once and that one is for sure coming back in my collection. the LOTR i only played very briefly once. so i am not really sure about it

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pinball Haus
    $ 3.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 5.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 1.95
    Various Novelties
    Pinball Wheezer
    $ 999.00
    $ 7,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 25.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Flashinstinct
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 7,500.00
    $ 15.00
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Protection
    Pin Mods
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Medisinyl Mods
    $ 62.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 269.00
    Lighting - Led
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 119.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 30.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 175.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 11.95
    $ 6.95
    $ 19.95
    Apparel - Women
    Pinball Wheezer
    $ 12.99
    $ 69.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Id Rather Play Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside