(Topic ID: 154551)

Games to Re-Theme

By achtungboyy

8 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 8 years ago

I really want to re-theme a game. I would like to pick a Bally-Williams game from 1991 and on. Any suggestions on a title that would be a candidate for this project?

#2 8 years ago

Personally, I would only consider a re-theme if a game was totally roached and needed to be repainted, re-stenciled, and restored anyway.

Otherwise, there are too few of them left to re-theme a nice machine just for the heck of it. Not to mention, few re-themes are worth much to anyone beyond the person who re-themed it. So, game would essentially be ruined in most cases.

A Williams Flash would probably be a good candidate to re-theme. There are more than anyone knows what to do with, and the game itself isn't too desirable.

#3 8 years ago

I wouldn't get a nice machine and re-theme. I would look for one that was pretty far gone. I really want to do one with a DMD

#4 8 years ago

Theater of Magic re-themed as Hellraiser would be awesome.

#5 8 years ago

That would be

#6 8 years ago
    Quoted from achtungboyy:

I wouldn't get a nice machine and re-theme. I would look for one that was pretty far gone. I really want to do one with a DMD

realistically since you'll be redoing it anyways, you can make any game a dmd game.

#7 8 years ago

Change up a roached T2. There were a ton of them made (over 15k), so one less wouldn't be a crime....

Later,
    EV

#8 8 years ago

That's a great suggestion

#10 8 years ago

Personally, I think RCT is begging for a re-theme. It's a great layout with lots of shots, but could be much better as a different theme, rules, and with the troll doll replaced by something else.

#11 8 years ago

I suggest you find a King Kong and retheme it into a Rolling Stones.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/games-to-re-theme and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.