received_339143694324989 (resized).jpeg
received_184363330144675 (resized).jpeg
ACA96A98-281F-497A-BF67-5EB6D76F9BE2 (resized).jpeg
goodfellas-henry-hill.gif
demo (resized).JPG
Circus (resized).png
20190927_111521 (resized).jpg
game blouses.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Deaconblooze.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#34 5 years ago

Of newer games, XM. That game has all the depth and shots that anyone could ever want. It also has great art. It took a big hit early because of code issues, and never fully recovered. I think people are catching on to its greatness though.

#40 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Don't know of its' "greatness," but yeah that early code buried that thing. I know I have no desire to ever play it again...and I don't think anyone I know owns it because of it.

It was probably the worst release I can remember. It was right when people started to speculatively buy LEs as an investment. The code was bad for a good long time, like 2 years? It was a disaster. I get why people stayed away. Anyone that bought the LE lost their ass (if they sold).

I owned the game after all of that. I got a decent deal on a Pro, and it fit what I was looking for in my collection at the time. It has 3 flippers, 2 magnets, some good modes (Hero modes can be stacked or not, your preference in the settings), and 4(+?) multiballs.

I feel bad for those that got burned as early adopters. It's probably the best bang/buck in my collection. The game is game is just packed with shots.

#56 5 years ago
Quoted from dondon4720:

Wheel of Fortune doesn't get the love it deserves, one of the last sterns that don't have a color DMD and it would be awesome with one, there is one fairly cloe to me on location and I keep wanting to save up the money and make they guy an offer since I enjoy the machine so much

It's gained a reputation for being incomplete. I never noticed. I think it's one of the coolest games of the generation because of the unique bottom alone, and the quirky theme just adds to it.

7 months later
#128 4 years ago
Quoted from OldSchoolBlood:

Indianapolis 500 - awesome game with great sound, toys, rules. IMO it is the forgotten gem of the 90's. Being a Bally game and fairly low production numbers this game is very undervalued in today's market.

Yep, really fun game. I sold mine a couple of years ago and I do miss it from time to time. The colors wore on me... just so many warm tones.

Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Avatar and Johnny Mnemonic. Awesome games that get a lot of shit for whatever reasons.

JM is a favorite of mine.. I've been watching for one for quite a while.

I owned an Avatar for about 4 years. It's a really good game that gets overlooked often. The ampsuit shot is still one of my favorites.

Quoted from FatPanda:

Laser Cue. A sharpshooter's dream with the 5 drop target bank the punishes you when you hit it out of order. Largely never talked about. The artwork weighs more on the machine than the gameplay, which is too bad because beyond the artwork, you've got a game that requires good ball control skills. Gotta remove the guide behind the second right flipper though.

Shhhhh!

#134 4 years ago

XM is one of my favorites. I get why some dudes really hate it - they got burned on early code, and many lost their ass on LEs just after all of the previous LEs sold for BIG money.

My basement flooded over the summer and I had to put all of my pins up on end and loan some out. Of all of my games, I'm looking forward to playing XM the most.

Also, shout out to FatPanda for improving the sounds in that game. The originals were fun in a hokey way, but I really like the updated sound pack.

3 months later
#154 4 years ago
Quoted from grantopia:

I really want to love WPT but I have a hard time getting past the upper playfield. I don't really love them in general and this one seems to kill the flow of the game so much for me.

Yeah, I owned one of those. I really liked certain shots, but agree the upper PF just sort of took me out of it. Really cool game otherwise.

I do definitely agree with BBH. That game is fun, and very much feels like Avatar/IM as described. I owned both of those other games for a while, they're really fun to bash around without too much deep thinking. WCS was another one I never really felt too 'drained' to play.

DM is great. I think it gets respect, but it's pretty underrated. It's super fun, except I'm the only person on the planet that hates those handles... so I give up some significant bonus every time.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

2,856 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Erie, PA
$ 24.98
Hardware
Gameroom Mods

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Calgary, AB
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 14.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 85.00
$ 24.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.00
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 249.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

4,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Robbinsville, NJ
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Deaconblooze.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/games-tht-really-are-awesome-but-get-little-respect?tu=Deaconblooze and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.