received_339143694324989 (resized).jpeg
received_184363330144675 (resized).jpeg
ACA96A98-281F-497A-BF67-5EB6D76F9BE2 (resized).jpeg
goodfellas-henry-hill.gif
demo (resized).JPG
Circus (resized).png
20190927_111521 (resized).jpg
game blouses.gif

There are 229 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.
#1 5 years ago

What’s a great game in your opinion but gets no love here.i recently bought an nba fast break and think it’s sooo under rated especially in a big collection.such a diff machine play and score wise and if you actually read the rules the game is on point theme wise. Always something going on back box play included. Nbafb Seems way cheap for what u get thts for sure.as a collector for 18+ years have lots of cool games but the Game play on this lil sleeper is killer and like all late Bally’s this things extremely pretty.definetly pick one up if your sick of the same old pinball just my opinion so What games you guys dig but the masses reject?

#2 5 years ago

The games you seek no longer exist.

All games get respect. All games get love. Segas and Data East games people used to laugh at are worth the same as many 90s williams games.

All games are worth 2X-3X what they used to be.

You missed the boat.

The final frontier are Premier/Gottlieb 90s games but those are truly awful. Still, a rising tide lifts all boats. Even garbage barges.

#3 5 years ago

Popeye, The Avengers 2 that come to mind very fast . Both I enjoy . the Avengers more so due to pinbrowser and the Customizable call outs sound and music . So many Satisfying shots . I can make the Black widow shot 5 times in a row is my record so far ,.

#4 5 years ago

Most Sega’s

#5 5 years ago

I love Water World. Its one of my favorite machines. I would rather play that then RFM, TOM, BSD, etc. I can not see myself ever selling it.

#6 5 years ago

Have to agree with Levi. No such thing as amazing game that nobody knows about. All dmd games are pretty well sought after and prices going up on all. Most games are pretty fun once you give them a chance - except for the truly awful stuff. I like NBAFB but rather have a lot of other games. Prices kind of reflect that is the same with a lot of people.

#7 5 years ago

I like some of that Gottlieb stuff Levi hates. Surf N Safari, Class of 1812, Big Hurt, and Stargate are a lot of fun.

#8 5 years ago

I like the off-center designs, like Gold Wings and Spy Hunter, which get reflexive hate pretty much universally. Something different and rewards careful nudging. Team NAFL!

#9 5 years ago

Hollywood Heat ..... everyone laughs at me for liking that game, then they play mine and it changes their mind. While the backglass (translite) is super corny with those fake Miami Vice actors posing, the game and layout is quite fun. Jackbot also doesn't seem to get much love and that's still my favorite game

#10 5 years ago

Everyone seems to only focus on DMD (and to a lesser extent, alphanumeric) games these days, which is fine; but the real games that are awesome, but still get little respect are EMs. For the cost of 1 BSD, you can fill your whole house to the brim with a TON of classics. Back then, those designers weren't afraid to experiment, so you'll also get some of the most creative playfield layouts and art packages you'll ever find in pinball.

#11 5 years ago

Didn’t miss the boat I get it.but everyone gets pissed when u say prices are rising so I didn’t. I think alll b titles depending on the game will be getting pricier and pricier and rightfully so when it comes to sleepers like this no price pumping I’m jst glad I got one before it’s 4500 plus!!and no it’s not and won’t be for sale either strait to the pin vault lol it’s huo and minty!

#12 5 years ago

Dirty Harry is a often overlooked pinball machine but it's a great playing pinball machine with some tough shots and brutal outlanes.

#13 5 years ago

Dirty Harry also comes to mind as an amazing and well priced game

#14 5 years ago

Hoops is one for certain. Zero respect for that game.

Torpedo Alley is one.

On the DMD games, Twister is a good Sega one. I do like Sharkey's Shootout but the people that own one are on here and know it's a good game... Breakshot is a great game that gets no love.

On the EM front... Faces is a great game. Argosy is a great game.

#15 5 years ago

I bought a Liberty Bell a little over a month ago and have been playing the crap out of that machine. Love it!

#16 5 years ago
Quoted from VectorGamer:

I bought a Liberty Bell a little over a month ago and have been playing the crap out of that machine. Love it!

Hell yeah. I was thinking of that game just after I posted this, thinking of other EM games that get no love.

#17 5 years ago

No Fear

#18 5 years ago

I think a lot of these games have the once you understand factor.sometimes you jst gotta read the rules lol

#19 5 years ago

Street Figher kicks ass
Who Dunnit is another hidden gem

#20 5 years ago

Independance Day. Love the criss cross ramps and metal wireforms. Third flipper is a treat with a couple tight shots. I had it for awhile and really liked it. Easy , but still fun. My friends ragged on me for holding on to my Data East and Sega games....regrets.

#21 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The final frontier are Premier/Gottlieb 90s games but those are truly awful. Still, a rising tide lifts all boats. Even garbage barges.

No way man we are going to redo the software and people will be clamouring for Street Fighter 2 2.0 and Hollywood Heat 2.0

#22 5 years ago

Bally Supersonic

#23 5 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

Hoops is one for certain. Zero respect for that game.

For good reason!

#24 5 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

Street Figher kicks ass
Who Dunnit is another hidden gem

Street fighter is a good game u can def buy it cheaper now prob not later and who dunnit is another amazing later Bally that would be 8000 in today’s market if new cuz it’s got le style toys.

#25 5 years ago

#NBA Fastbreak -- Theme integrates well, "passing the ball" and "shooting" mechanics are innovative, and when you go into wizard mode; it's nerve racking as hell, but incredibly rewarding when you collect a NBA Finals ring.

Extremely fun game, but is shallow once you master it.

#26 5 years ago

Nbafb has midnight madness too I tried it last night. If you have never seen this mode set the clk to 1158 and give it a try really fkn cool shallow what ever it’s basket ball have you ever seen a game this things on point lol
And yes I’m in love with my new pin but I have a big collection of deep games sometimes simple yet rewarding rules the day

#27 5 years ago
Quoted from Snowyetti:

Nbafb has midnight madness too I tried it last night.

I totally forgot about Midnight Madness! That is an extremely fun mode.

The first time it happened, I thought I tilted the game and muttered "What the f%@#?" Then it was pure joy once I realized what was happening.

#28 5 years ago

eight ball deluxe LE is criminally underrated. It is the EXACT SAME GAME as EBD but with a different cabinet. So you are telling me that a consensus top 100 game and an all-time favorite is that cheap?? Come on!

Who dunnit is another underrated game. Super unique style and gameplay.

Most Sega and data east games are still undervalued.

EMs fit the bill as well.

#29 5 years ago
Quoted from Snowyetti:

Street fighter is a good game u can def buy it cheaper now prob not later and who dunnit is another amazing later Bally that would be 8000 in today’s market if new cuz it’s got le style toys.

This.

#30 5 years ago
Quoted from AFM95:

I totally forgot about Midnight Madness! That is an extremely fun mode.
The first time it happened, I thought I tilted the game and muttered "What the f%@#?" Then it was pure joy once I realized what was happening.

Cool stuff Man U would def not know wtf is going on double joy would then insu when it fixes itself and you found a hidden multiball mode late Bally’s are killer.

#31 5 years ago

Special Force, Blackwater 100, Who dunnit?, Apollo 13, James Bond, Cueball Wizard, Champion Pub, Iron (classic Stern) Maiden, Orbitor 1, Nip It, Four Million BC., Spectrum, Big Guns, Monopoly, Judge Dredd, Superman, Hercules, DE Batman, Elvis, No Good Gophers, Fireball Classic, Wizard.

John

#32 5 years ago

ROBOCOP

#33 5 years ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

Special Force, Blackwater 100, Who dunnit?, Apollo 13, James Bond, Cueball Wizard, Champion Pub, Iron (classic Stern) Maiden, Orbitor 1, Nip It, Four Million BC., Spectrum, Big Guns, Monopoly, Judge Dredd, Superman, Hercules, DE Batman, Elvis, No Good Gophers, Fireball Classic, Wizard.
John

Yes! Big Guns!!! Great game!

#34 5 years ago

Of newer games, XM. That game has all the depth and shots that anyone could ever want. It also has great art. It took a big hit early because of code issues, and never fully recovered. I think people are catching on to its greatness though.

#35 5 years ago

Most Zizzle titles...

said no one ever...

#36 5 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

It took a big hit early because of code issues, and never fully recovered. I think people are catching on to its greatness though.

Don't know of its' "greatness," but yeah that early code buried that thing. I know I have no desire to ever play it again...and I don't think anyone I know owns it because of it.

#37 5 years ago

SW, GOT, and Mustang are the first 3 pins that come to my mind. Mustang, however, is a pinball browser must though as the factory music for the most part is not good for pinball.

#38 5 years ago

Starship Troopers, "kill'm all"

#39 5 years ago

X Files. Maybe not the best game, but a great theme.

#40 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Don't know of its' "greatness," but yeah that early code buried that thing. I know I have no desire to ever play it again...and I don't think anyone I know owns it because of it.

It was probably the worst release I can remember. It was right when people started to speculatively buy LEs as an investment. The code was bad for a good long time, like 2 years? It was a disaster. I get why people stayed away. Anyone that bought the LE lost their ass (if they sold).

I owned the game after all of that. I got a decent deal on a Pro, and it fit what I was looking for in my collection at the time. It has 3 flippers, 2 magnets, some good modes (Hero modes can be stacked or not, your preference in the settings), and 4(+?) multiballs.

I feel bad for those that got burned as early adopters. It's probably the best bang/buck in my collection. The game is game is just packed with shots.

#41 5 years ago

True X files music gotta love it lol

#42 5 years ago

I dunno maybe a baywatch sans legs...even better if it’s in a driveway.

#43 5 years ago

mustang!

#44 5 years ago
Quoted from Phat_Jay:

I dunno maybe a baywatch sans legs...even better if it’s in a driveway.

And only 600 plays in the last 12 years.

#45 5 years ago

I actual enjoy Waterworld. I'd be tempted to pick one of these up at some point.

#46 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

And only 600 plays in the last 12 years.

I guess you didn't get the memo. 605 plays now!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-twilight-zone-x970000-prototype/page/12#post-4817196

#47 5 years ago

Have to agree with the OP on NBA Fastbreak.

My wife and I first saw / played the game at PHOF in Vegas and really liked it. We spent some time trying to find one, and two years later picked up a very nice example. The game definitely has a lot of unique qualities and offers a lot of value for the money. It's really been a nice addition to our collection.

Another cool feature for this one is the ability to link two games together for competition. The guy we purchased it from had two nice examples linked for a number of years. He recently sold both, happy we were able to get one of them

#48 5 years ago

Transformers LE.

The amount of toys you get in that game at used prices is insane. Can you imagine what that would cost NOW NIB?

Pretty darn deep code too. Beating both the Autobots and Decepticons is definitely a Half Marathon in a world of 5K-10K-Half Marathon-Full Marathons (not a cargument!!!!!!).

I'm sure there are some that have done it, but man, it's a decently tall order.

#49 5 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Transformers LE.
The amount of toys you get in that game at that price is insane. Can you imagine what that would cost NOW?

You mean the actual action figures in the game? Does it have anything special other than the worst upper PF in history?
Drop target, captive ball....upper PF....? Wouldn't be surprised if I'm missing something EDIT: Oh lifting ramp?

#50 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

You mean the actual action figures in the game? Does it have anything special other than the worst upper PF in history?
Drop target, captive ball....upper PF....? Wouldn't be surprised if I'm missing something EDIT: Oh lifting ramp?

Let's not forget the metal plate under Optimus that turns your pinball into a soccer ball after about 100 plays. I wonder if I still have pictures of that

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Boards
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
6,450 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monrovia, MD
$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
Boards
PinSound
Boards
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
1,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Miller Place, NY
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
$ 24.98
Hardware
Gameroom Mods
Hardware
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus
Toys/Add-ons
$ 249.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek
Toys/Add-ons
$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound
Other
$ 40.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
Electronics
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 229 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/games-tht-really-are-awesome-but-get-little-respect?hl=scrimmbo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.