received_339143694324989 (resized).jpeg
received_184363330144675 (resized).jpeg
ACA96A98-281F-497A-BF67-5EB6D76F9BE2 (resized).jpeg
goodfellas-henry-hill.gif
demo (resized).JPG
Circus (resized).png
20190927_111521 (resized).jpg
game blouses.gif
There are 229 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.
#201 2 years ago

Led Zeppelin Premium - game is awesome - Very happy I bought it.

#202 2 years ago

Flintstones, Go for the Strike!
It gets alot fo play at my house and LZ and Cactus Canyon are next to it and it's fairly easy so even a novice can play for a while.
I've been palying pinball since the 70's and sold them in the 80's and 90's and alot of pins that are extremly desirable today were poo pooed orignally Circus Voltaire porbably being the main culprit.
Funny to read page one of this thread from 2 years ago and people complaining about prices, the good old days of pricing but who knew what was to come!

#203 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Led Zeppelin Premium - game is awesome - Very happy I bought it.

Will 2nd this! LZ has been hammered for a lack of features (especially the pro), been guilty of doing that myself, but is a lot of fun. When you actually play the game you see all of the metal ramps, rails, the large pop up spinner / ball lock mech, and drops and realize there's a decent amount in it. I still wish the Zeppelin was a physical ball lock but the game is a lot of fun to play. If I had more room for pins I would be happy to own one.

#204 2 years ago

Same here on LZ .The shots on it rival or best any pin Ove played .

#205 2 years ago

Disclaimer, I didnt read the entire thread.

But I think Hardbody is a hidden gem. Pharaoh aswell, however I might be abit bias here since it was my first game.

#Street Fighter 2 can be really fun outside compos. Someone should make a patch for that progressive jackpot.

And probably many many more..

#206 2 years ago

I will agree Led Zep isn't bad for an EM.....

#207 2 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Its funny, I never stopped in on this thread before. Post 2, from Levi, mentioning 2 years ago, that the boat was missed
2 years ago for cheap prices, is ironic today! We would all love pricing now from 2 years ago!
I wanted to share my Passion for Blackwater 100. Yes the theme is motor cross, the music sucks, but becomes invisible when you play long enough, but the game in some ways reminds me of Dracula meets Whitewater.
The objective with a 3 ball launch, is to lock the 3 balls. I have only done this once.
There are targets on Side ramps, that many never notice, the flipper on the Apron with targets, is a blast, and the whole game is a unique challenge that doesnt exist elsewhere.
The World under glass, as a preview from Greg and Dennis, is a sight in itself.
Production Numbers have been debated, with either the number being off, or many that went overseas.
Usually still found at a good price, but almost zero playfield replacement pieces.
Around 2K, its an Amazing game, and a hidden challenge, many overlook.

I've never seen a Blackwater 100 in person. At 2k I would probably jump at one. Looks like it would be a fun addition to the game room.

#208 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Will 2nd this! LZ has been hammered for a lack of features (especially the pro), been guilty of doing that myself, but is a lot of fun. When you actually play the game you see all of the metal ramps, rails, the large pop up spinner / ball lock mech, and drops and realize there's a decent amount in it. I still wish the Zeppelin was a physical ball lock but the game is a lot of fun to play. If I had more room for pins I would be happy to own one.

I tried LZ Pro and it didn't do it for me. All the shots are way at the back of the playfield. It feels like you are only getting half a game. I like the music, but it isn't enough to carry the game IMO.

#209 2 years ago

I will never understand how someone can look at a game with FOUR(!) ramps, a completely unique disappearing spinner/magnet/lock mechanism, crazy custom stadium RGB lighting, two large custom molded decorative toys (one that moves), two spinners, and a third flipper as being stripped down or like an EM. Just boggles my mind. Not to mention is shoots like a million bucks.

#210 2 years ago

It's not a game a lot of people have played (not sure it even has enough votes to be ranked), but Full Throttle from Heighway is quite good, I'd put it somewhere in the middle of the pack among modern LCD games. It's fast for a widebody, nice layout with a lot of different types of shots, and fun rules.

Sure, it doesn't have much in the A/V department, but that's not a deal breaker for me.

#211 2 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

I will never understand how someone can look at a game with FOUR(!) ramps, a completely unique disappearing spinner/magnet/lock mechanism, crazy custom stadium RGB lighting, two large custom molded decorative toys (one that moves), two spinners, and a third flipper as being stripped down or like an EM. Just boggles my mind. Not to mention is shoots like a million bucks.

The pro doesn't have the spinner mechanism. It's all just dead space. It's tough when you compare to a pro with a ton of toys like a Dead Pool or TMNT that are more interesting and play great.

#212 2 years ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

The pro doesn't have the spinner mechanism. It's all just dead space.

I understand that, but they get lumped together often. Even at that, 3 flippers, a drop target bank, 2 saucers, a spinner, and 3 ramps on the pro isn't all that stripped out compared to many other machines. It's just an odd reputation that LZ has gotten.

#213 2 years ago

All Bally OK Bingo pinballs!!

#214 2 years ago
Quoted from VALIS666:

It's not a game a lot of people have played (not sure it even has enough votes to be ranked), but Full Throttle from Heighway is quite good, I'd put it somewhere in the middle of the pack among modern LCD games. It's fast for a widebody, nice layout with a lot of different types of shots, and fun rules.

Sure, it doesn't have much in the A/V department, but that's not a deal breaker for me.

I think this game gets all the respect it deserves.

#215 2 years ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

I think this game gets all the respect it deserves.

goodfellas-henry-hill.gifgoodfellas-henry-hill.gif
1 week later
#216 2 years ago

Maverick. It's difficult. It has tons of things to aim for. It has a nice orbit and ramp. Wire forms. Huge dot matrix display. Has some fun modes. 4-ball and 3-ball multi-ball. Get to play black jack on the DMD to re-light the kicker/ball save. The more I play it, the more I enjoy it. Great value. So much going on for the price. I played only a few hundred more than what I would have paid for a basic classic Stern solid state.

#217 2 years ago

Striker Xtreme. Is it overall as good as World Cup Soccer? I would say no, but the goal scoring is much better implemented. The 4 bank drop target in front that act as “defenders” and get progressively harder as you beat countries is great. Reminds me of a more advanced visor from pinbot as there will sometimes be a strobing light that you can hit and drop all the defenders at once. You can also earn penelty kicks where the defenders will all drop and the goalie will move to the side. The goalie himself is also better, instead of a flat piece of plastic you get a molded goalie with a magnet that can actually grab the ball and drop it.
The game also has at least 3 different 4 ball multiballs, Stadium, Xtreme and Celebration, and according to a rule sheet by Kieth Elwin there is a 4th called Fan Riot but I have not gotten to that one.
For around 2 grand you get a 3 flipper game with 2 magnets, 3 ramps, a spinner, drop targets, moving goalie, 2 VUKs an auto plunger and a subway, not a bad deal.
The biggest downside to this game is the art, it looks like a trapper keeper from the 90s, but luckily you don’t play the art.
Like I’ve read from other reviews of both this game and World Cup, casual pinball players love scoring goals and enjoy not having to learn a bunch of rules to make progress, yet there is a lot of other stuff going on to keep a more serious or better player interested.

#218 2 years ago

This!

ACA96A98-281F-497A-BF67-5EB6D76F9BE2 (resized).jpegACA96A98-281F-497A-BF67-5EB6D76F9BE2 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#219 2 years ago
Quoted from girloveswaffles:

Volcano seems to be hard to find anywhere. I haven't seen one since it was new, and I've only seen one! Also a long time since I've played a Mars.

This is why companies need to feast on Gottlieb licenses.

3 weeks later
#220 2 years ago
Quoted from MoSeS_1592:

I don't think it was mentioned but I always thought Blackout was cool. Simple but fun to play, 50' space sci-fi theme is just awesome, and sounds/ speech are perfect for this theme and era .

Also one of the best "Orbit" shots.

#221 2 years ago

I think there were one or two mentions in the thread, but I'll reiterate Avatar. Really fun game imo, with a lot of stacking and add-a-ball opportunities that make it pretty unique imo. The instruction card even describes a few different multiball modes that didn't make it into the code, to replace some of the second and third tier Link MBs. That would have made it even better, sad that it wasn't even finished... I had mine for a year or two, very underappreciated imo. The callouts are among the best as well, with Stephen Lang.

Transformers is another - a bit wood-choppy in places, but I'd still like to eventually own one. I think some led lighting mods would go a long way with TF too.

#222 2 years ago

Stern playboy

#223 2 years ago
received_184363330144675 (resized).jpegreceived_184363330144675 (resized).jpegreceived_339143694324989 (resized).jpegreceived_339143694324989 (resized).jpeg
2 months later
#224 2 years ago
Quoted from PinKopf:

I think there were one or two mentions in the thread, but I'll reiterate Avatar. Really fun game imo, with a lot of stacking and add-a-ball opportunities that make it pretty unique imo. The instruction card even describes a few different multiball modes that didn't make it into the code, to replace some of the second and third tier Link MBs. That would have made it even better, sad that it wasn't even finished... I had mine for a year or two, very underappreciated imo. The callouts are among the best as well, with Stephen Lang.
Transformers is another - a bit wood-choppy in places, but I'd still like to eventually own one. I think some led lighting mods would go a long way with TF too.

Sterns Rolling Stones from the same time shares similar rule features as Avatar - lots of stacking, add a ball , multiple multi ball modes. When you get yr head into the rule set there is a lot to enjoy. I love some Mick On A Stick

#225 2 years ago
Quoted from Spagano314:

I like Popeye, but no one else seems to.

Huge Popeye fan here. So much so a few years ago I wrote an epic guide to it ….
https://www.pinballinfo.com/community/threads/grizzs-ultimate-guide-to-popeye-the-good-the-bad-and-the-spinach.34036/

Should never have sold my lovely one, but know where it is ! It will be mine again one day oh yes.

#226 2 years ago

Road kings.

More I play it, the better it gets.

#227 2 years ago

Bla

#228 2 years ago

No that game actually is really crappy.

#229 2 years ago

I would like to say Stern Kiss, it's already been mentioned.
Also Baby Pacman

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 12.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

2,856 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Erie, PA
13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Calgary, AB
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.95
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

2,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Marietta, GA
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Maverick Reproductions

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Hookedonpinball.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 229 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/games-tht-really-are-awesome-but-get-little-respect/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.