received_339143694324989 (resized).jpeg
received_184363330144675 (resized).jpeg
ACA96A98-281F-497A-BF67-5EB6D76F9BE2 (resized).jpeg
goodfellas-henry-hill.gif
demo (resized).JPG
Circus (resized).png
20190927_111521 (resized).jpg
game blouses.gif
There are 229 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 5.
#151 4 years ago
Quoted from taylor34:

I think it suffers from the same problem that WPT did. Mainly that people saw the theme and hated on it, bashed it as the worst game ever, and then it never recovered. People forget that Iron Man was hated as well on release, it wasn't until a few years later that people actually figured out it was a great game. Big Buck Hunter never recovered though as the production numbers were just too low.

I really want to love WPT but I have a hard time getting past the upper playfield. I don't really love them in general and this one seems to kill the flow of the game so much for me.

1 week later
#153 4 years ago

Half of my collection is what people usually WTFs. JM, JD, SG, DW, SWEP1, TF, TX and soon Stranger Things.

#154 4 years ago
Quoted from grantopia:

I really want to love WPT but I have a hard time getting past the upper playfield. I don't really love them in general and this one seems to kill the flow of the game so much for me.

Yeah, I owned one of those. I really liked certain shots, but agree the upper PF just sort of took me out of it. Really cool game otherwise.

I do definitely agree with BBH. That game is fun, and very much feels like Avatar/IM as described. I owned both of those other games for a while, they're really fun to bash around without too much deep thinking. WCS was another one I never really felt too 'drained' to play.

DM is great. I think it gets respect, but it's pretty underrated. It's super fun, except I'm the only person on the planet that hates those handles... so I give up some significant bonus every time.

#155 4 years ago

Genesis

Airborne

Lights, Camera, Action

Elektra

#156 4 years ago

I was just speaking to some friends about Cleopatra SS. The game is fast a furious, incredibly fun, looks nice, but has one of the lowest valuations, and ranks quite low.

Next I'd say T3, the game is amazing when you get to know it and have it set up well, but again, really low rank, and a really poor valuation for a 2k3 stern.

#157 4 years ago
Quoted from Redfive05:

Gottlieb's Volcano.
It seems to get out shadowed by its older brother Mars God of War, and it's younger brothers Black Hole and Haunted House.

Volcano seems to be hard to find anywhere. I haven't seen one since it was new, and I've only seen one! Also a long time since I've played a Mars.

#158 4 years ago

Johnny Mnemonic

#159 4 years ago

I would go with Avengers LE. This is really a great game once all the bugs are worked out, and it definitely doesn't get the love it deserves.

#160 4 years ago
Quoted from mmuglia:

I would go with Avengers LE.

HULK edition is one of the prettiest Sterns in recent memory. I've yet to play one where all the "issues" have been addressed. A turd through and through so far.

#161 4 years ago

Williams Darling, when in good working order, it is actually a fairly fun table. Also, Maverick. I bought that one to flip... But I am having so much fun playing it, I can't bare to list it right now!

#162 4 years ago
Quoted from koji:

Next I'd say T3, the game is amazing when you get to know it and have it set up well, but again, really low rank, and a really poor valuation for a 2k3 stern.

I would agree, T3 is a super, fast, fun pin and a great theme...needed Stern to update and finish the software and I believe it would have ranked much higher.

#163 4 years ago
Quoted from Angel:

...need Stern to update and finish the software and I believe it would have ranked much higher.

This could be said about almost all of their recent machines.

#164 4 years ago
Quoted from dri:

HULK edition is one of the prettiest Sterns in recent memory. I've yet to play one where all the "issues" have been addressed. A turd through and through so far.

You need to come play the one I sold this week. Perfect and smooth!

#165 4 years ago
Quoted from koji:

I was just speaking to some friends about Cleopatra SS. The game is fast a furious, incredibly fun, looks nice, but has one of the lowest valuations, and ranks quite low.

I got to work on one about a year ago. I thought the playfield looked like the layout was boring. Tried it after I fixed it and found it was a fun and challenging game! The EM and Pyramid (two player EM version) are equally fun.

#166 4 years ago

Bally Hotdoggin. Wide body with some great shots

#167 4 years ago
Quoted from Snowyetti:

Games that get little respect.

What about the Rodney Dangerfield pin. I tell ya, it gets no respect at all - no respect!

What? They never made a Rodney Dangerfield pin? Well that proves it gets no respect.

#168 4 years ago

World Cup Soccer 94.
Theme is not the best, but the game is a blast.

#169 4 years ago

Breakshot, Torpedo Alley

#170 4 years ago

Another vote for Breakshot. It's hard to find a sub $2k DMD that's as fun as breakshot is.

2 weeks later
#171 4 years ago

I don't think it was mentioned but I always thought Blackout was cool. Simple but fun to play, 50' space sci-fi theme is just awesome, and sounds/ speech are perfect for this theme and era .

#172 4 years ago

I got lots of weird and wonderfuls that everyone hates. I like machines with a point of difference.

My latest is Street Fighter 2 and i'm enjoying it immensley.

I have a lead on an Orbiter 1 that should be my next buy and i'm on the lookout for a Bally Space Invaders.

#173 4 years ago

Sega Baywatch

I was sceptic too but man this is areal nice game!

#174 4 years ago
Quoted from jorro:

Sega Baywatch
I was sceptic too but man this is areal nice game!

I'm glad the theme keeps people away so the price stays down. Loaded game with a great rule set (with the aftermarket code) and great layout. Love mine.

#175 4 years ago
Quoted from grantopia:

I'm glad the theme keeps people away so the price stays down. Loaded game with a great rule set (with the aftermarket code) and great layout. Love mine.

I thought i would fix mine up and then sell or trade it.
Just can't seem to part with her!
Love it

#176 4 years ago
Quoted from jorro:

I thought i would fix mine up and then sell or trade it.
Just can't seem to part with her!
Love it

Me too ! And just about to install colour screen so it's gonna be even harder to let go

#177 4 years ago

SHAQ!!

#178 4 years ago

Pinball Magic. TOM always gets all the love and praise, and I'll admit its a prettier game to look at (not that PM is ugly at all) but PM is way way cooler. Some of the best, if not THE best toys in all of pinball, even today and it blows the dumb trunk in TOM out of the water.

#179 4 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

PM is way way cooler.

Agree. PM is a great game, but it didn't last long in my collection simply due to it's repetitive nature. The game would be a 10/10 if every shot wasn't the same for every game. People LOVED that floating ball stage. They all thought it was a magnet. I'll admit, it even had me fooled for a bit of time.

#180 4 years ago
Quoted from Ive:

Me too ! And just about to install colour screen so it's gonna be even harder to let go

Your doomed!
Bolted!

#181 4 years ago

I don't play my pinball magic as much as the Houdini that's next to it because of the rules.

#182 4 years ago

I just picked up a super nice dungeons and dragons and it’s a lot of fun. Challenging enough to keep you coming back for more and it’s very innovative for 1987. I honestly think the bad reviews are from people who have spent a very limited amount of time on it. Once you get the hang of magic saves you can really play some long, fun games.

#183 4 years ago
Quoted from WolfManCat:

I'm a sucker for Wipeout.

I can play wipeout for hours, such a fun game, can't wait to get one!

1 month later
#184 4 years ago

Pocket pool....amirite?!

#185 4 years ago

Doctor Who. The hitting of the ramps to keep your playfield multiplier up, spelling "who" with those three shots, and multiball are so simple and addicting. Perfect example of shallow games being super "one more game" addictive.

#186 4 years ago

DE SW

Stern Kiss

1 year later
#187 2 years ago
Quoted from paddlepaw:

I'll add Gottlieb victory. Love the sega genesis-like music. It makes use of the entire playfield and has a good challenge.

I agree 100% I didn't like Victory the first time I played it either, but after I was taught to shoot the checkpoints I was hooked. I finally found one after a couple years of looking around. Definitely one of my favorites in my small row.

#188 2 years ago

Lately, Demolition man. Great game for the price. It's crazy.

#189 2 years ago

Mr. Ms. Pac-Man gets no respect. No one understands it just playing it a few times. The playfield and score cards are almost completely useless in helping to understand how to play it.

It has so many unique rules, I honestly love it for that very reason. Don’t tilt ball 3!

#190 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Lately, Demolition man. Great game for the price. It's crazy.

Right, but it’s held in high regard as a great tournament game and a fun machine to casually play…. It gets lots of respect in my pinball circles. Only bad thing about it is the hideous translite and cabinet artwork.

#191 2 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

Right, but it’s held in high regard as a great tournament game and a fun machine to casually play…. It gets lots of respect in my pinball circles. Only bad thing about it is the hideous translite and cabinet artwork.

A Williams widebody should not be selling for 3300 in this market. lol

demo (resized).JPGdemo (resized).JPG
#192 2 years ago

I almost didn't pick up my Transformers LE recently because of all the hate. We've had it for about 6 months now and it's still one of the ones I can't wait to play. I'm not even a real fan of the movies, but man, it's a really fun game to play, and between an external sub and shaker it really gets your blood pumping!

#193 2 years ago

Virtual pinball gets no respect, and yet it's playing a vital role in generating new interest in the hobby. Most of the planet is working pay check to pay check, so it's important not to dismiss those who love pinball, but don't have the money to buy real machines.

#194 2 years ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

Virtual pinball gets no respect, and yet it's playing a vital role in generating new interest in the hobby. Most of the planet is working pay check to pay check, so it's important not to dismiss those who love pinball, but don't have the money to buy real machines.

Yuk.

#195 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

A Williams widebody should not be selling for 3300 in this market. lol[quoted image]

“In this market”. I don’t even know what that means. The market is whatever it is. “Game respect” and the market price a game is selling at don’t have much in common. 3300 seems about right for that game to me. Are you suggesting somehow that it should sell for the price of a new Stern? Demo man has always been a good game for the money, even back when it was 1200-1500 and AFM was 3500.

I’ve been patient and have always been able to find exactly what I wanted for either fair market price or below. Not sure why everyone is always so uptight about finding what they want for a fair price. The hobby changes, prices change, and the desire for certain games changes. The only thing that is certain is that these things will always change and you can’t do anything about it.

#196 2 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

“In this market”. I don’t even know what that means. The market is whatever it is. “Game respect” and the market price a game is selling at don’t have much in common. 3300 seems about right for that game to me. Are you suggesting somehow that it should sell for the price of a new Stern? Demo man has always been a good game for the money, even back when it was 1200-1500 and AFM was 3500.
I’ve been patient and have always been able to find exactly what I wanted for either fair market price or below. Not sure why everyone is always so uptight about finding what they want for a fair price. The hobby changes, prices change, and the desire for certain games changes. The only thing that is certain is that these things will always change and you can’t do anything about it.

Ya, prices are really going down..lol Order a new Stern today....

#197 2 years ago

There are a lot of low-rated games that I've played once or twice and liked. But maybe I would start to hate them if I played them more.
Escape from the Lost World
Stern Playboy
WWE
Wheel of Fortune
Big Hurt

2 weeks later
#198 2 years ago

Two games come to mind for me. They aren’t as underrated as some of the games being mentioned, but are overshadowed by other Bally/Williams games of the time. Those games are No Fear, and Dirty Harry.

No Fear keeps me coming back with the speed and the addicting jump shot. Idk why more people don’t talk about this shot, it may just be one of the best in pinball. Also the triple wizard mode at the end is pretty cool.

Dirty Harry is just a super solid game overall that seems to take a backseat to other very similar games. The side ramp on this game is super smooth and satisfying, and the modes are engaging enough. Fun multiball mode too.

#199 2 years ago

Judge dredd and fastbreak

#200 2 years ago

Its funny, I never stopped in on this thread before. Post 2, from Levi, mentioning 2 years ago, that the boat was missed
2 years ago for cheap prices, is ironic today! We would all love pricing now from 2 years ago!

I wanted to share my Passion for Blackwater 100. Yes the theme is motor cross, the music sucks, but becomes invisible when you play long enough, but the game in some ways reminds me of Dracula meets Whitewater.
The objective with a 3 ball launch, is to lock the 3 balls. I have only done this once.
There are targets on Side ramps, that many never notice, the flipper on the Apron with targets, is a blast, and the whole game is a unique challenge that doesnt exist elsewhere.
The World under glass, as a preview from Greg and Dennis, is a sight in itself.

Production Numbers have been debated, with either the number being off, or many that went overseas.
Usually still found at a good price, but almost zero playfield replacement pieces.
Around 2K, its an Amazing game, and a hidden challenge, many overlook.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 24.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 14.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 85.00
2,856 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Erie, PA
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.95
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Horror Mods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

2,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Marietta, GA
$ 259.00
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 24.98
Hardware
Gameroom Mods

$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Maverick Reproductions

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

3,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richmond, VA
$ 249.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 229 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/games-tht-really-are-awesome-but-get-little-respect/page/4?hl=grantopia and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.