Topic Stats

• 186 posts
  • 123 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by jorge5240
  • Topic is favorited by 11 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Circus (resized).png
20190927_111521 (resized).jpg
game blouses.gif

There are 186 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
#151 79 days ago
Quoted from taylor34:

I think it suffers from the same problem that WPT did. Mainly that people saw the theme and hated on it, bashed it as the worst game ever, and then it never recovered. People forget that Iron Man was hated as well on release, it wasn't until a few years later that people actually figured out it was a great game. Big Buck Hunter never recovered though as the production numbers were just too low.

I really want to love WPT but I have a hard time getting past the upper playfield. I don't really love them in general and this one seems to kill the flow of the game so much for me.

1 week later
#153 67 days ago

Half of my collection is what people usually WTFs. JM, JD, SG, DW, SWEP1, TF, TX and soon Stranger Things.

#154 67 days ago
Quoted from grantopia:

I really want to love WPT but I have a hard time getting past the upper playfield. I don't really love them in general and this one seems to kill the flow of the game so much for me.

Yeah, I owned one of those. I really liked certain shots, but agree the upper PF just sort of took me out of it. Really cool game otherwise.

I do definitely agree with BBH. That game is fun, and very much feels like Avatar/IM as described. I owned both of those other games for a while, they're really fun to bash around without too much deep thinking. WCS was another one I never really felt too 'drained' to play.

DM is great. I think it gets respect, but it's pretty underrated. It's super fun, except I'm the only person on the planet that hates those handles... so I give up some significant bonus every time.

#155 67 days ago

Genesis

Airborne

Lights, Camera, Action

Elektra

#156 67 days ago

I was just speaking to some friends about Cleopatra SS. The game is fast a furious, incredibly fun, looks nice, but has one of the lowest valuations, and ranks quite low.

Next I'd say T3, the game is amazing when you get to know it and have it set up well, but again, really low rank, and a really poor valuation for a 2k3 stern.

#157 67 days ago
Quoted from Redfive05:

Gottlieb's Volcano.
It seems to get out shadowed by its older brother Mars God of War, and it's younger brothers Black Hole and Haunted House.

Volcano seems to be hard to find anywhere. I haven't seen one since it was new, and I've only seen one! Also a long time since I've played a Mars.

#159 66 days ago

I would go with Avengers LE. This is really a great game once all the bugs are worked out, and it definitely doesn't get the love it deserves.

#160 66 days ago
Quoted from mmuglia:

I would go with Avengers LE.

HULK edition is one of the prettiest Sterns in recent memory. I've yet to play one where all the "issues" have been addressed. A turd through and through so far.

#161 65 days ago

Williams Darling, when in good working order, it is actually a fairly fun table. Also, Maverick. I bought that one to flip... But I am having so much fun playing it, I can't bare to list it right now!

#162 65 days ago
Quoted from koji:

Next I'd say T3, the game is amazing when you get to know it and have it set up well, but again, really low rank, and a really poor valuation for a 2k3 stern.

I would agree, T3 is a super, fast, fun pin and a great theme...needed Stern to update and finish the software and I believe it would have ranked much higher.

#163 65 days ago
Quoted from Angel:

...need Stern to update and finish the software and I believe it would have ranked much higher.

This could be said about almost all of their recent machines.

#164 65 days ago
Quoted from dri:

HULK edition is one of the prettiest Sterns in recent memory. I've yet to play one where all the "issues" have been addressed. A turd through and through so far.

You need to come play the one I sold this week. Perfect and smooth!

#165 65 days ago
Quoted from koji:

I was just speaking to some friends about Cleopatra SS. The game is fast a furious, incredibly fun, looks nice, but has one of the lowest valuations, and ranks quite low.

I got to work on one about a year ago. I thought the playfield looked like the layout was boring. Tried it after I fixed it and found it was a fun and challenging game! The EM and Pyramid (two player EM version) are equally fun.

#166 65 days ago

Bally Hotdoggin. Wide body with some great shots

#167 65 days ago
Quoted from Snowyetti:

Games that get little respect.

What about the Rodney Dangerfield pin. I tell ya, it gets no respect at all - no respect!

What? They never made a Rodney Dangerfield pin? Well that proves it gets no respect.

#168 65 days ago

World Cup Soccer 94.
Theme is not the best, but the game is a blast.

#169 65 days ago

Breakshot, Torpedo Alley

#170 64 days ago

Another vote for Breakshot. It's hard to find a sub $2k DMD that's as fun as breakshot is.

2 weeks later
#171 45 days ago

I don't think it was mentioned but I always thought Blackout was cool. Simple but fun to play, 50' space sci-fi theme is just awesome, and sounds/ speech are perfect for this theme and era .

#172 43 days ago

I got lots of weird and wonderfuls that everyone hates. I like machines with a point of difference.

My latest is Street Fighter 2 and i'm enjoying it immensley.

I have a lead on an Orbiter 1 that should be my next buy and i'm on the lookout for a Bally Space Invaders.

#173 43 days ago

Sega Baywatch

I was sceptic too but man this is areal nice game!

#174 43 days ago
Quoted from jorro:

Sega Baywatch
I was sceptic too but man this is areal nice game!

I'm glad the theme keeps people away so the price stays down. Loaded game with a great rule set (with the aftermarket code) and great layout. Love mine.

#175 43 days ago
Quoted from grantopia:

I'm glad the theme keeps people away so the price stays down. Loaded game with a great rule set (with the aftermarket code) and great layout. Love mine.

I thought i would fix mine up and then sell or trade it.
Just can't seem to part with her!
Love it

#176 40 days ago
Quoted from jorro:

I thought i would fix mine up and then sell or trade it.
Just can't seem to part with her!
Love it

Me too ! And just about to install colour screen so it's gonna be even harder to let go

#177 40 days ago

SHAQ!!

#178 39 days ago

Pinball Magic. TOM always gets all the love and praise, and I'll admit its a prettier game to look at (not that PM is ugly at all) but PM is way way cooler. Some of the best, if not THE best toys in all of pinball, even today and it blows the dumb trunk in TOM out of the water.

#179 39 days ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

PM is way way cooler.

Agree. PM is a great game, but it didn't last long in my collection simply due to it's repetitive nature. The game would be a 10/10 if every shot wasn't the same for every game. People LOVED that floating ball stage. They all thought it was a magnet. I'll admit, it even had me fooled for a bit of time.

#180 39 days ago
Quoted from Ive:

Me too ! And just about to install colour screen so it's gonna be even harder to let go

Your doomed!
Bolted!

#181 39 days ago

I don't play my pinball magic as much as the Houdini that's next to it because of the rules.

#182 39 days ago

I just picked up a super nice dungeons and dragons and it’s a lot of fun. Challenging enough to keep you coming back for more and it’s very innovative for 1987. I honestly think the bad reviews are from people who have spent a very limited amount of time on it. Once you get the hang of magic saves you can really play some long, fun games.

#183 37 days ago
Quoted from WolfManCat:

I'm a sucker for Wipeout.

I can play wipeout for hours, such a fun game, can't wait to get one!

1 month later
#184 5 days ago

Pocket pool....amirite?!

#185 4 days ago

Doctor Who. The hitting of the ramps to keep your playfield multiplier up, spelling "who" with those three shots, and multiball are so simple and addicting. Perfect example of shallow games being super "one more game" addictive.

#186 4 days ago

DE SW

Stern Kiss

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 179.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Id Rather Play Pinball
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Winchester, VA
There are 186 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside