Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 67 posts
  • 38 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Hawkeyepin
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sosage.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 11 years ago

CV and AF are the only one on your list that I don't think is worthy of the hype. I've played CV a ton and I just don't see it. I'm not trying to act all, "I could wizard it, easy, chumps!" but it's pretty short. In the last 6 months or so of playing it at league, I haven't discovered anything in the gameplay that makes me look forward to playing it.

AF is still good (def like it better than CV). Gets the same hype as TZ, but TZ blows it out of the water IMO. TZ just has so much interesting stuff going on, where AF can get repetitive even when going for Mansion.

MM suffers from $$$ hype. Good game on its own, but $$$ always becomes a topic of conversation with this one...and I (at least before the pinball bubble) could name 2-3 other games I'd rather own for the same price that were as good or better than MM. AFM use to be one of those 2-3...but someone finally listened and made AFM expensive.

#33 11 years ago
    Quoted from RawleyD:

sosage said:AF is still good (def like it better than CV). Gets the same hype as TZ, but TZ blows it out of the water IMO. TZ just has so much interesting stuff going on, where AF can get repetitive even when going for Mansion.
    Except TAF won Pin machine of the year, like 5 times in a row, out-earned TZ by miles, and is still on route earning money today for operators (20 years later).
    Best selling pin ever made, for a reason.

Justin Bieber also outsells stadiums and debuts albums at #1 on the Billboard Charts...so I guess Bieber must be the greatest musician ever?

#46 11 years ago
    Quoted from beatmaster:

The Shadow... never understood why?

The Shadow actually doesn't get hyped THAT much. It's one of the 90's B-titles that seems really "80's" in its physical gameplay design (which for me is a good thing, since I dig that era). The physical design and very basic objectives are challenging as hell, but fair. The sort of game that makes me want to physically play better...if yah know what I mean.

...I will say if the game isn't tweaked, however, it can be too hard (a complaint I hear a lot about this one). Have two buddies that own Shadows. One is set up in that sweet spot where missed shots are dangerous, but skill/finesse will gain you control most of the time. Ball times are still short the majority of the time, but good play seems rewarded. The other you MUST make your shot or it is 99% going to be a side drain. The owner of the latter thought the game was a POS until he played the former's.

Upper loop score is slightly boosheet though.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sosage.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/games-the-live-up-to-hypegames-that-dont?tu=sosage and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.