Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 67 posts
  • 38 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Hawkeyepin
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ickinitwit.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#31 11 years ago

It's easy to get bad impressions of games I think. I thought AFM and MM were dull games until I learned them and played them enough to learn good strategies for them.

I think MM is a little over-hyped. They have similar strategies in stacking multiballs with gates/saucers, but I like the way total annihilation works more than royal madness; can't really lose out like you can on MM with a bad bounce into the madness hole before all the madnesses are lit. And the addition of the martian multiball provides more stackability and lets you save the 3-lock multiballs. Maybe those things make it easier, but it's more fun to play since it gives you more options.

I've had trouble understanding the appeal of TAF, mostly because I haven't played it much. The thing that turns me off of it though is that when I have played it, I feel like I'm working with half a playfield. It just feels really cramped to me, like everything is in the upper right corner, and just doesn't feel fun to play.

I've always liked CV and have played a fair amount of it. It never feels very difficult to wizard and beat, but I'm still figuring out the best way to get really good scores on it. I can have what I feel like is a great game and end with a meh score. The fact that you can almost stack everything with everything else opens up a lot of options.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ickinitwit.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/games-the-live-up-to-hypegames-that-dont?tu=ickinitwit and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.