Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 67 posts
  • 38 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Hawkeyepin
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider goatdan.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 11 years ago
    Quoted from Slaymetender:

Anybody else want to add to the hype/no hype list?

Honestly, I think it's difficult to really decide if the hype / no hype train is right after a game or two. For these, I think these are more like your first impressions -- not bad at all to do, but I don't know if it's really possible to decide if you love a game after just a few plays on it.

And... it's really all personal taste. My top games that I own are Viper freaking Night Drivin' and Jurassic Park. I had and sold a TZ and just can't get into it. I own very few of the so called A titles, not from lack of availability or money, but instead due to lack of interest by me. The only more expensive game I would have liked to have added was MM, but I had chances to buy them a few years ago for under $5k (and in one case, under $4k) and I never did because I don't like MM *more* than other, cheaper titles.

I guess I'll toss in some anyway though

- I like Tommy a lot less than I thought that I would. I keep flirting with the idea of selling it, but I don't think I will, at least not just yet.
    - I like the Rolling Stones more than just about everyone else online, and I don't get what people don't like about it. And I'm not a Stones fan at all.
    - I like Williams Indiana Jones less than Stern Indiana Jones, which goes against a lot of people. The Williams one looks great, but has WAY too many video modes. The Stern one on route is like a magnet to me, and I'll play it seemingly above anything else, even though I generally like the other games more.
    - If Viper Night Drivin' has any hype, it's because of me, and I'm the only guy who thinks it lives up to it

#60 11 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

No, I love this title too for some stupid reason. Remember playing it at theaters, love the glowing ceramic balls, the car racing theme, the little roadkill guys, plus I'm a sucker for SEGA/data east pins

Aha! YOU'RE the other person who likes it!

Quoted from Pinballdad:

If you seel your Tommy let me know please. After my friend played my Tommy he is bound and determined to find his own

I don't know if I will or not. It's sort of on the line for me, and I've honestly had at least a half dozen people tell me that if I sell it to offer it to them, but I haven't done it yet. We'll see, I know that I'll never get one for what I paid for this one again

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider goatdan.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/games-the-live-up-to-hypegames-that-dont?tu=goatdan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.