Hey folks I just got back from pin a go go, and thought I'd share my experience there. I only just recently got into the hobby, so most of my knowledge was based on what I read online or talked to people about.
After going to the show and playing games I only read about here's what I found out.
1. AFM is worthy of the hype, it's just goofy fun, ast game and mass appeal.
2. MM is fun and deeper the more you play. Worthy of hype, yes.
3. Cirque Voltare, as fun if not better than MM. It helped that the CV there was CQ, fast worked perfectly. It's super bright and colorful, and hence not as mass appeal as AFM, or MM, but game play is equal.
4. TZ really is amazingly well thought out, deep, and fun. Deserves the hype. People quoted that ame more often tan anything there.
5. King Pin is super fun, I'd add that to my house any time. Too bad it was never mass released.
6. AF, although fun, doesn't even hold a candle to TZ. Not worth the hype, IMO.
7. Acdc bib, I wanted to hate this game, but actually liked it, was fun, gameplay, fairly deep too. The sound was great, construction, still a light stern. The cannon had issues and every stern that has a similar device had similar issues in my experience.
8. Guns n Roses. Good game play, fun, well thought out, but the sound was terrible when compared to acdc. I'm sure it was good when it came out, but I prefer an obvious computer version of a song like in TZ, to one that isnt cd quality.
9. TSPP, fun, but not worthy of the hype.
10. Tron, pretty, but only mild fun. I have no idea why it's rated #1 right now, not worthy of the hype.
11. Cactus Canyon, so so, wouldn't ever buy one myself, but it is fun.
12. Dr dude, dumb game, was bored. If has hype, take it away.
13. STTNG, good game, well thought out, but afraid of cannon issues in the future. Worthy of hype though.
14. Williams IJ, worthy of hype. I could barely hear it, but gameplay was great and hard, good difficult pin.
I'm sure I played about 60 other pins, but these were my strongest memories. There were a couple standouts like king pins post game mini games, mm troll mode, CV use of magnets that I really liked.
Anybody else want to add to the hype/no hype list?