(Topic ID: 141805)

Games that would complement TFLE and WWFRR in a small collection?

By skywelker

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 22 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by skywelker
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20151108_172413.jpg
453180.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider skywelker.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

In the next month or so I plan on doing a major shakeup to my lineup. I'm planning to sell or trade the games I own that I don't consider keepers. The only 2 I plan on keeping are TFLE and WWFRR. I'm looking to add a game or 2 to my collection in hopes that they become keepers as well, a 3 or 4 pin setup is ideal for my space.

Most of my games I have owned in the past were because they were either cheap, close to me, or offered in a trade. It worked out well at the time but now I am starting to look for games that may become permanent. A few times I have done some research and actually sought out specific games and it seems to have worked well. Location play is not great around here (although it's getting better) so I usually have to own a game before I realize how much I'll really like it.

Realistically I'd like to add one mid range B/W and one modern Stern game. Here are some games I was considering seeking out as I think they might fit with TFLE and WWFRR.

Metallica Pro (pros-sweet game, like the theme, available NIB; cons-fan layout too similar to TFLE?)

Star Trek Pro (pros-love the warp ramp, 3 flipper games are great, available NIB; cons-I have one on location nearby that usually works decently)

WOZ (pros-awesome game; cons-price, widebody not ideal for my space)

Fish Tales (pros-short ball times would complement other games; cons-never played one in real life, only virtual)

Banzai Run (pros-unique theme, fun game; cons-depth to last in a small collection?)

Spider Man (pros-depth, layout; cons-artwork-I'd probably really only want if the rumored SMVE was announced, long ball times-already have TFLE for that)

Whitewater (pros-great game, unique upper playfield; cons-lot of them are rough when I see them at decent prices)

I'm open to others, anyone have any thoughts?

#4 8 years ago

Thanks for the advice guys!

Swamp-I admit I had to google compliment vs complement, no idea they were spelled differently, I'll have to fix that. Does your family in town have any machines? I usually know of a few for sale in town at any given time, there aren't that many pinheads here it seems.

NorCal-I hope you're right about SMVE, I think that could be sweet!

#6 8 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

No pins yet. My great uncle is totally fixated on owning KISS; he's about 65. I've been trying to find him one. I do think he'd like SpeakEasy, so when you get around to selling that let me know. Thanks!

I'll keep an eye out for a KISS around here as well. Speakeasy is actually on hold for someone, they are supposed to be picking it up later this month but if it falls through you'll be the first to know. It is such a beautiful game!

#9 8 years ago

I apprecaite the advice nosro. I like that WOZ is stop and go, nothing really like that in my collection. I think you are right it would be a nice addition with FT. I realize WOZ would fit, but since it has to wedge between a jukebox and WWFRR (replacing JP) the spacing would not be ideal if both games were being played at the same time. It's already pretty tight as is, but I could always get creative.

453180.jpg453180.jpg

#11 8 years ago

Great suggestion, I didn't even think to stagger them, that would probably work for me. And I agree with your comments about WOZ and TZ. I wanted a TZ before I played WOZ, now I think I'd rather have the WOZ.

#15 8 years ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

Ha, add T2 and you could have my collection!!
Crazy that we have the same two pins...I love RR, enjoy the most out of my collection.
I'll tell you, I would recommend a fast pin, something with flow; a Steve Ritchie pin; having T2 complements TFLE and WWFRR very well IMO.
Maybe go for STLE?
I wouldn't go for WOZ, too much stop and go; I know it's blasphemy, but I like WWFRR better as a widebody with a lot of varied shots over WOZ.
Good luck and have fun with the purchase.
Dave

Thanks Dave! I have considered a T2 in the past but a friend of mine here has one that will hopefully eventually be really nice so I past so far. Does seem like a good fit though, maybe I will look for a budget SR game. Do you have the combo TFLE as well?

#16 8 years ago
Quoted from Guzz4851:

Buy a Metallica, you will not be disappointed! I have WWFRR and Metallica is a nice compliment. One of the best pins IMHO. Good luck!

Thanks for the advice, I am actually leaning that way. The fact that no one wants to sell their Metallica has to be a good sign!

#18 8 years ago

Alright, after taking everyone's opinions into account, watching all sorts of videos, and reading tons of reviews I'm officially on the look out for Metallica and Fish Tales. Already have a line on Metallica so I should be good there, Fish Tales may be a little harder. Sold my PZ and have sales pending on Speakeasy, Elvis, and BBBB. Just posted a FS/FT ad on JP as well. Time to shake things up!

Thanks for all the feedback everyone!

1 week later
#19 8 years ago

Well I guess I could officially change the title to 'Games that would complement TFLE, WWFRR, and MET in a small collection' as this game isn't going anywhere! Love love love it so far!

Now just trying to pick one more game. So many options now, FT, WH2O, F14, FH, BR, HH, seems like every machine I see for sale could be a good fit, haha!

20151108_172413.jpg20151108_172413.jpg

#22 8 years ago

Thanks guys! I was actually worried about TFLE and MET being too similar because of their layouts (orbit shot, 2 ramps, bash toy in the center, Megatron/snake scoop) but the rules are so unique that each games plays completely different.

TSPP is a game I need to play more to find out if I really like it. We have one on route here but the controlled lights were out for over a year. They finally fixed that and cleaned the playfield but now the flippers are so weak that you can barely make a ramp shot. I need someone near me to buy one so I can really learn the rules

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 99.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 28.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 35.00
Hardware
Filament Printing

$ 18.95
$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

$ 26.50
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider skywelker.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/games-that-would-compliment-tfle-and-wwfrr-in-a-small-collection?tu=skywelker and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.