7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 70 posts
  • 58 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by vcloverjr
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

There are 70 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 7 years ago

This is a little different of a topic, but I'll start it

I don't miss my SWE1 (HUO Kit).
    The game was perfect - every switch registered, the ramps looked like they just came from the factory, inserts were beautiful. I just didn't like the game.

I also don't miss WPT
    It was a great machine - the only imperfection was the mini playfield was "cloudy".

I also don't miss TS.
    It just plain and simply kicked my @$$. I didn't like the short ball play time that I got outta it. I did get to the wizard mode, but only by holding the ball during each mode 'til the counter ended.

Is it crazy to miss an older (less valuable) game like F-14 more than a newer (more valuable) game like WPT?

#2 7 years ago

It is not crazy. I miss all games I have sold in part. Probably because I buy the title only for self interest not restoring or flipping.

Some I miss less more than others and some I would not buy again but still think man I wish I could play a couple games of that game I used to own.

#3 7 years ago

Future Spa. Don't miss that one at all. Couldn't wait to get rid of that thing.

#4 7 years ago

There's been a few games that I really wanted, but once I got them..... well let's just say they didn't last and they aren't missed>

Guns N Roses, possibly the biggest disappointment, was very happy to move it on.

High Hand, I like most Gottlieb Wedgeheads but bored of this one real quick

TSPP, Never got into this one the way I thought I would

Getaway, Sorry SR, possibly my least favorite of your games,

Dale

#5 7 years ago

Bought a scared stiff once. I was amused for about ten games or so then couldnt bring myself to turn it on after certain aspects of the game really bored me. It got on my nerves so badly, it went after just a few weeks of ownership.

Wont miss STTNG either. It was my first ever pin and i really enjoyed owning it, but playing the game is like watching the same star trek movie over and over so eventually it had to go too.

#6 7 years ago

TSPP - Gameplay was great but the theme and voices on there got old really quick. Good for now but not for good.

#7 7 years ago

NF. Oddly enough, it really wasn't the gameplay that I didn't like, it was the artwork and the whole theme in general that I hated. I bought it as part of a package deal and couldn't get rid of it fast enough.

#8 7 years ago

SF2, needed so much work!
    LW3, needed work and got to a friend!

#9 7 years ago

I don't miss any games that I sold.

#10 7 years ago

Don't miss my Wipe Out one bit.

#11 7 years ago

I sure a hell don't miss Monte Carlo. After having a really good game on some machines I'm done with them too. Killed roller games one night and sold it a month later. If I see it somewhere i'd play it but don't miss it.

#13 7 years ago

I don't miss any of the games I sold, but that doesn't mean they aren't great pins. Anything will get stale after a few years.

#14 7 years ago

Tee'd off.

#16 7 years ago

For me:

Twister (don't tell my wife -- she loved that game)... EVERYBODY Underground NOW!
    Spirit of 76... I don't know how anyone keeps EMs going. Touchy little buggers.

#17 7 years ago

I owned TZ for a while, got rid of it, and haven't wished I had it back not even once.

#18 7 years ago
    Quoted from jorant:

I owned TZ for a while, got rid of it, and haven't wished I had it back not even once.

I just sold mine. I think I'll feel the same about it.

#19 7 years ago

TSPP is my #1......

#20 7 years ago

I had a TSPP, and DID miss it, so I got another. It's overwhelming, which is one main reason I sold it to begin with. You pretty much got to go into this game knowing that you simply will never beat it. Once you get that into your head, and know the final wizard mode simply is beyond anyone's reach, you will enjoy it more.

#21 7 years ago

RFM, that's the only one I ever bought just to flip...

#22 7 years ago

Call me crazy but I bought an AFM earlier this year primarily to restore, possibly to keep.
    Hadn't played that title in years. The game was being stored in my company's LV warehouse waiting to shipped and it was taking way too long to find "free" transport. In the meantime I got to play another AFM a lot. Decided it wasn't for me with MM in the lineup and off it went to a good home.
    It got me a new TRON pro, all the upgrades and plenty of money still in my pocket. No regrets.

#23 7 years ago

Hey,

Had a Black Knight. Aside from a small scratch on the cabinet, it was pretty much perfect. Couldn't get into it at all. I sold it about three months after getting it to a guy who had been looking for one for five years. All's well that ends well, I guess. But aside from speed and the Magnasave, the game doesn't have much going for it.

Luke

#24 7 years ago

+1 TSPP the only game I've sold/traded and I don't miss it. It's a good game but its just a question of your taste in pins. One thing I got really tired of was the randomness of the return out of the pops. It sucks to make a mode Krusty shot only to have it bounce around in the pops for a second and head STDM.

#25 7 years ago
    Quoted from bluetex:

Rick471 said:CFTBL
    Blasphemy!

Lol! Sorry, just my lil ole opinion

#26 7 years ago

POTC, good riddance. Got rid of it a year ago and since then I've worked on a couple and each time it reaffirmed my decision to dump it.

#27 7 years ago

RCT worst call outs ever lasted a week Hs2 runner up

#28 7 years ago

RK, LW and Secret Service....Part of a package deal I bought from an OP to get a HS...Kept the HS and the other three quickly went out the door and most days I don't even remember I had them

#29 7 years ago

Funhouse. Looked for a nice one for awhile. Got it. Sold it to finance something else and thought I would miss it. Never gave it a second thought.

#30 7 years ago

TS - I traded it blind for my TSPP. Absolutely hated everything about the game.
    Gone within 2 months - and good riddance to it too!

I picked up a non-working Vector last year. Fixed it up, and found it totally lacking. Gone too, as it was just taking up space in my garage.

#31 7 years ago

I got so hyped up over my phantom of the opera, got it in and fixed a few issues, played for a few months and was not amused. Maybe just the feel of data east pins, sold it with a haunted house and space invaders i had to upgrade to attack from mars and theater of magic. Feel much better!

#32 7 years ago

I have never played WPT but it sounds like a crappy game..... how can it be any good?

#33 7 years ago

Bad Cats! The first pin I owned and got tired of it fast as it is a 1 shot game!

1 week later
    #34 7 years ago

Whatsamatter huh? Is that a range ball you're usin'? But I agree. I'm about to trade mine away this weekend and I thought at first I'd miss it despite how easy and repetitive it is. I do like some goofy titles. But now that I've got it loaded in the truck I know I won't.

#35 7 years ago

Traded for an IJ4 and a week later I traded it for a FGY.

#36 7 years ago

Out of the 50 that I have owned in the past 20+ years, Roadshow, F-14 Tomcat, Space Riders and Rock are the few that did nothing for me. All were in perfect condition playwise, just not for me.
    Bob

#37 7 years ago
    Quoted from mickthepin:

I have never played WPT but it sounds like a crappy game..... how can it be any good?

How can you never miss a game you have never owned let alone played?

#38 7 years ago

I miss my first BSD but not my second. Had one that played great, always said I wouldn't sell it. Had the opportunity to get a BSD in almost perfect condition, not faded, .. so bought that and sold my first one. Second one had black rubber rings and just played totally different. Almost never played it and sold it 3 years later, no regrets anymore of missing BSD..

I agree on SS. Boring game after a while, same shots over and over all the time.

RS never interested me. Earthshaker too, never got into that.
    Whirlwind and Funhouse I'd buy back but don't really miss them.

Don't miss any of the older or rare games like Orbitor, Black Hole, Haunted House, QBerts Quest, Little Pro Golf. They were different to play but not that spectacular good to keep.

Don't miss any of the 3 Fireballs I've had - always make the same mistake, want it because of the great backglass and then I start to play and don't like it. NipIt was boring too.
    Williams Jackpot/GoldRush was fun.

#39 7 years ago

I miss all that I sold.

#40 7 years ago

The only one I miss and would consider buying again would be I500. I guess I would buy another TZ too, but it'd have to be a really good deal. One I definitely DON'T miss is AFM. Most overrated pin ever.

#41 7 years ago

I don't think I'd miss TFTC, but it serves a purpose right now.
    I miss my No Fear! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

#42 7 years ago
    Quoted from aeneas:

RS never interested me. Earthshaker too, never got into that.
    Whirlwind and Funhouse I'd buy back but don't really miss them.

We can never be friends. RS and ES are 2 of my all time favorites. Then you go and disparage FH. I'm afraid I'm going to have to ask you to step outside sir!!!

I never owned it, but I really am not upset about passing on a well priced T2. Had the cash in pocket ready to buy, but I couldn't get a feel for the gameplay at all. I have since played on other machines and I get the exact same experience. Great theme and I like the look, but not my cup of tea I guess.

#43 7 years ago
    Quoted from lonnkor:

Whatsamatter huh? Is that a range ball you're usin'? But I agree. I'm about to trade mine away this weekend and I thought at first I'd miss it despite how easy and repetitive it is. I do like some goofy titles. But now that I've got it loaded in the truck I know I won't.

You of all people know I couldn't get rid of Tee'd Off fast enough.
    I figured you would say Gorgar.

#44 7 years ago

For EM's, I won't miss Jubilee/Darling, Magnotron/Duotron or any Chicago Coin pinball prior to 1976. For SS games, I can't think of any real stinkers I've owned, sold and wouldn't buy again for the right price.

#45 7 years ago

For me , man I had to think about this one for a while. I've enjoyed all the pins I've bought and sold. However some I don't think I would buy again for the right price however others I would. That being said the ones I wouldn't buy again are: Aztec (1976 Williams EM) Time Zone (1972 Bally EM) and the only Solid state game I've owned that I haven't missed at all is Stern Galaxy (1980). The others had something that was cool that would could and is missed at times. But to buy new games , others got to go sometimes.

#46 7 years ago

Games that I don't miss: JD, TZ, POTC, BF
    Games I shopped for other people that convinced me never to own those titles: TOTAN, TAF, GNR

#48 7 years ago

Many may disagree but MB and STTNG for me

#49 7 years ago

Congo - the ape on the translite was the letdown (too reminiscent of The Shadow's Alec Baldwin- yecch!)

#50 7 years ago

Most of what i have sold. RCT,SG,HS2,especially But one that is hot now that lasted 2 weeks with me was RBION. The call outs got old fast and that big left ramp was a waste of space.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 229.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 5,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    € 18.95
    $ 109.99
    $ 249.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Tilttopper
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 9,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 85.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    CzTV Mods
    $ 90.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 18.99
    $ 39.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 39.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 24.00
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 17.00
    There are 70 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside