Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 39 posts
  • 19 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by bimm25i
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pinball (resized).jpg
    pinball (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bimm25i.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

I am insane, and considering making a pin. I was thinking it would be cool to have a flywheel spin the ball like crazy before kicking it out of a captive hole on the game and sending it to something like a rubber enclosed zone with rollover switches where it would take weird trajectories because of the spin momentum.

Anyone know of games that purposely add a decent amount of spin to the ball?

#8 4 years ago

I want something that spins the ball up like a top, not a spinning disc on the playfield. Think beyblade...

#15 4 years ago

Yeah like the flywheels on automatic nerf guns or the old ninja turtles pizza shooter

#17 4 years ago

No, I don't want the floor to spin I want the ball to spin!

pinball (resized).jpg

pinball (resized).jpg

#21 4 years ago

Thanks midget alley is definitely the right idea! I wish there was some mechanism already out there that was pinball sized though

#34 4 years ago
    Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

I am sure people realize the reason designers do not normally use this aspect of fly or friction wheels on pinball machines, correct?
    This type of ball breaks playfield components, as the ball ejected is hard to reliably control for planning purposes.
    Rubber is simply not strong enough to absorb hits, and Orbitor 1 was a special case with a special design.
    The ball can be wild, but not so far out of concept that it is completely uncontrollable.
    BTW, if you ever look at a pinball closely while in play (particularly a ball that has a design etched onto it), the ball actually is spinning motion constantly.
    It directly spins on its own vertical axis.
    This is more prevalent and easier to see when a game's playfield is highly waxed.
    Do a slow motion video catch, and you can see in action.

Even if the ball is spinning on a horizontal axis like a top? I don't want to add speed to the ball with the spin I want to add sideways rotation

#38 4 years ago
    Quoted from zacaj:

Apparently Hot Shots has some spinners like this to accelerate the ball

Lets see what Todd Tuckey has to say about this.

#39 4 years ago

The Acelerator, a feature that "sometimes doesn't work" (but why Todd?) Either way that's like the exact mechanism I'm looking for thanks man!!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bimm25i.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside