Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 63 posts
  • 56 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Pinbub
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider valis666.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#35 3 years ago

TMNT (Stern) and GB.

The ball often has a heavy spin in Turtles presumably thanks to the spinning disc, so some of the typical caroms that happen in other pins happen differently in here. The worst section is the top of the left sling. Ball will come out of the left orbit fast or slow, it doesn't matter, and hit the top post on that sling. Instead of bouncing up/out at a slight angle like you'd expect, it rockets 90 degrees over to the outlane almost every time. I find it very difficult to defend against since it's counterintuitive to want to nudge a ball that is already in a safe area, but that's the only way to deal with this, nudge when it's about to hit that post to try and dampen the spin and keep the ball in the playfield. It's annoying as hell since it's an issue you're gonna have to deal with multiple times per game. Or maybe my level is off by a bit which is amplifying the ball spin, who knows. I'd try to fine tune the lane guide on the orbit if the game was mine, but it's a rental.

GB's frustrations have been gone over many times before. The flipper gap isn't great, but it's not a deal breaker. The magna slings though, woof. While it's cool to watch your ball get frozen in "mid-air" and then thrown in an unforeseen direction, it's not a lot of fun when that unforeseen direction is straight down the middle. Which happens a lot. There's pinball randomness and then there's just being obnoxious.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider valis666.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/games-that-leave-you-angry?tu=valis666 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.