Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 25 posts
  • 20 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 months ago by TheLaw
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 11 months ago

I enjoyed reading the thread about games that are good but not fun. There are a number of games that aren't necessarily good, but are fun. These games ofthen fall below 50 in the rankings.

For me Champion Pub is one that I have fun every time I play it. Starting with the callouts, to the working your way through boxers, to the jump rope and speed bag, to the being able to wager points. It's just fun. It may be repetitive, but like Billy D said in the Colt 45 promo "works every time".

Share yours.

#2 11 months ago

Ghostbusters. It shoots like crap, but I'll be damned if the theme immersion and sound package doesn't draw you back in. It's fun in that it scratches the nostalgia itch but also makes me want to flip it over.

#3 11 months ago

CSI... On paper, the game rocks, and lives up to the vibe in gameplay... Toys galore, and interesting toys too! And designed by the GOAT himself... Shoots great, tons of fun! BUT, the game is not good... it's a bad theme for pinball, the photoshop art of the era sucks, and it wasnt that great of a show anyway... seriously, watch it today--its BAD.

All the toys give the feeling of numerous mini games, not a single integretated theme. SUPER fun--but not a "good" game. Still, if one came up at a good price... This game is the ultimate "Butter Face." Love to play it, just dont want my friends to know...

#4 11 months ago

Cosmic Carnival fits this bill. Nice fast game, decent shots, great art, but the code lacks so much its just not good.

#6 11 months ago
    Quoted from BallLocks:

CSI... On paper, the game rocks, and lives up to the vibe in gameplay... Toys galore, and interesting toys too! And designed by the GOAT himself... Shoots great, tons of fun! BUT, the game is not good... it's a bad theme for pinball, the photoshop art of the era sucks, and it wasnt that great of a show anyway... seriously, watch it today--its BAD.

CSI is a wonderful layout with fabulous toys. It’s only issue is poor and unfinished code. It would be around a 0.60 by today’s standards from what it was then envisioned to be. I give you the artwork is not good.

#7 11 months ago

Sega Godzilla. It was the machine that got me into pinball because it was so much fun. Going back and playing now I realize it just has some inexplicably bad mechanics, like the magnet grab and drop from the top, the weird bounce-through down the center rubbers, the Godzilla head that obscures half the damn playfield, the GUN IT GUN IT GO GO GUN IT callout that gets really old… but it’s fun. I can play it on location for an hour straight because free games are so easy to get… but I enjoy the hour.

#8 11 months ago

I freaking love 2012 avengers. Not a good game though.

#9 11 months ago

Ah, this describes the Waterworld and Hollywood Heat I recently picked up pretty well.

#10 11 months ago

Oh, and TMNT is beyond fun to shoot but the unbalanced scoring made it leave eventually.

#11 11 months ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

CSI is a wonderful layout with fabulous toys. It’s only issue is poor and unfinished code. It would be around a 0.60 by today’s standards from what it was then envisioned to be. I give you the artwork is not good.

See? FUN GAME... just not quite "good"!

#12 11 months ago

Millionaire

#13 11 months ago
    Quoted from BallLocks:

See? FUN GAME... just not quite "good"!

Ha! Yea, I’ll give that to you. I agree with your assessment. Shame they didn’t finish the code on that game. Even the light shows are bad.

#14 11 months ago

Tron- super overrated
    Elvira house of horrors
    Lord of the rings (path of dead os dreadful)
    Creature from the black lagoon

#15 11 months ago

NASCAR. Most underrated game of all time South Park, easy shots, classic

#16 11 months ago

Hardbody 1000%

Ridiculous game, very fun.

#17 11 months ago

Flipper Football is outrageous fun with friends. Terrible game.

#18 11 months ago

Party Animal

I’d buy one too.

#19 11 months ago

Dr. Dude. Not an all time great but the humor gets me. Also has nostalgia factor for me.

#20 11 months ago

SWE1. JPOP’s layout is somewhat similar to STH, but the ramps are ridiculously easy to hit. My chimp-flipping wife did a 4-ramp combo on her first ball. The magnet is fun, and using the side buttons to shoot lasers is fun. The 13 modes are all fun, but some are very similar to each other. What keeps it from being “good”? The rules are shallow due to it being B/W’s last game, and the lack of an auto-plunger is a big oversight. I’m hoping both can be remedied some day with attention from the pinball community.

I will always pick “Jar Jar Juggling” as my first mode. “Nothing happened!”

#21 11 months ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

SWE1. JPOP’s layout is somewhat similar to STH, but the ramps are ridiculously easy to hit. My chimp-flipping wife did a 4-ramp combo on her first ball. The magnet is fun, and using the side buttons to shoot lasers is fun. The 13 modes are all fun, but some are very similar to each other. What keeps it from being “good”? The rules are shallow due to it being B/W’s last game, and the lack of an auto-plunger is a big oversight. I’m hoping both can be remedied some day with attention from the pinball community.
    I will always pick “Jar Jar Juggling” as my first mode. “Nothing happened!”

Lack of auto plunger is probably my fave part of that game. You gotta manage your multiball and plunge purposefully.

#22 11 months ago

South Park

#23 11 months ago
    Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Ah, this describes the Waterworld and Hollywood Heat I recently picked up pretty well.

I miss my Waterworld. The one game I wish I could get back. Just not willing to pay 4 to 6k for it since I had it for 1k.

#25 11 months ago

NGG. Might be the most perfect playing game with Jack shit rules

Heavy Metal Meltdown

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/games-that-are-fun-but-not-good?hl=onemilemore and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.