New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 148719)

"Games on the Go transportation/delivery service

By Blackbeard

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 51 posts
  • 21 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by andrewket
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

There are 51 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 4 years ago

Fellas (and gals): There are a few pins I am looking at that are frankly too far for me to drive, but too far for me to want to use NAVL or the like to ship.

I see this "games on the move" and was wondering what your thoughts are about them? Anyone have any feedback? It makes me a tad nervous to just let some guy go pick up my already paid for pin and hope he delivers it to me in one piece AND punctually.

Anyone have feedback or used them?

Thanks!

#2 4 years ago

Hmm.. The lack of results here scares me..

Anyone?

#3 4 years ago

I had never heard of this till a day or 2 ago so I don't think there are a ton of costumers to review it?

#4 4 years ago

I was going to use him around time of expo but it was going to take over a month to get delivered.

#6 4 years ago

Pinballs on the move is Dons company. Great guy and great service. This is a buddy of his who's trying to do more on the east coast. Good people.

-Jim

#7 4 years ago

I've used Don twice and would do so again. If you are off his normal route, you may have to wait a bit. Other than that, very good customer service.

#8 4 years ago
    Quoted from woody76:

I was going to use him around time of expo but it was going to take over a month to get delivered.

After it was picked up?!!

#9 4 years ago

I've shipped a pin to Missouri with him. Nice guy as was his son. fellow pinsider received pin and was happy. We weren't in a rush, but the dates he gave us for pickup and delivery were quite accurate.

1 week later
    #11 4 years ago

Don is a great guy delivered a pin from Kentucky to Pa. I would highly recommend him. Just don't be in a hurry. That's what he does moves pins and vids. My pin was blanketed and strapped down safety

#12 4 years ago

Don moved a shadow from Georgia to my house. It took a month but it arrived safe and sound.

#13 4 years ago

Don Bosworth is great, we knew him as 'Pinballs on the Move". He moved an STTNG for me from Dallas to Coastal Alabama following the TPF show a couple years ago. The seller wasn't completely honest about where the pin was stored (stairs involved). Don was a total professional. Wrapped it in Marco Pinball Armor and got it to us safely.

The only downside is, you have to work it around his schedule or routes but if you are lucky enough to be along one of those routes at the right time, use him with confidence, he's a great guy and does it right.

#14 4 years ago

What about Ray who currently has my Mousin Around? ???????????????????????????????????????????????????

#15 4 years ago
    Quoted from mjm697:

What about Ray who currently has my Mousin Around? ???????????????????????????????????????????????????

My bad, ray is the guy I used in statement above.

#16 4 years ago

Ray Starego from Games on the Go was a pleasure to work with. Great time talking pinball and showing his son my collection. He's based out of Brick NJ and his# is 732-920-2789. His email is rutgersray@comcast.net

An excellent alternative to navl. It might not be next day pick up due to coordinating but rather than have your pin just strapped to the side of the truck she rides in style in the back of his vehicle. Blackbeard send me a pm if you need any other input.

#17 4 years ago
    Quoted from Crispin:

Ray Starego from Games on the Go was a pleasure to work with. Great time talking pinball and showing his son my collection. He's based out of Brick NJ and his# is 732-920-2789. His email is rutgersray@comcast.net
    An excellent alternative to navl." It might not be next day pick up "due to coordinating but rather than have your pin just strapped to the side of the truck she rides in style in the back of his vehicle. Blackbeard send me a pm if you need any other input.

"It might not be next day pickup" but what about the delivery?

#18 4 years ago

I have used Ray when I bought a machine from Crispin. It did not take long at all. he was very professional and was very careful with my new machine. I would not hesitate to use his services again. Blackbeard you can send me a PM also if you need other input.

#19 4 years ago
    Quoted from visi0n:

Don Bosworth is great, we knew him as 'Pinballs on the Move". He moved an STTNG for me from Dallas to Coastal Alabama following the TPF show a couple years ago. The seller wasn't completely honest about where the pin was stored (stairs involved). Don was a total professional. Wrapped it in Marco Pinball Armor and got it to us safely.
    The only downside is, you have to work it around his schedule or routes but if you are lucky enough to be along one of those routes at the right time, use him with confidence, he's a great guy and does it right.

This!! ^^^^^^^^

I want to add that he is running a special right now. For $100 you can get your game shipped if you are on his route. All money will be donated to project Pinball.

#20 4 years ago
    Quoted from robotronjohn:

This!! ^^^^^^^^
    I want to add that he is running a special right now. For $100 you can get your game shipped if you are on his route. All money will be donated to project Pinball.

Hell I'm in!!! He's only had my pin since mid December.

#21 4 years ago
    Quoted from robotronjohn:

This!! ^^^^^^^^

do you have his contact info. that is a lot better than 300 bucks!

#22 4 years ago

Don picked up a Harlem Globetrotters I fully restored and took it to a fellow Pinsider in Florida. The timing was a little off and the entire process did take over a month for Joe to finally receive the game, but it did get there safe and sound. I'm not sure I would've trusted NAVL/STI or another big commercial outfit to transport a fully-restored mint game I just got done putting over 80 hours into.

If you don't need or want the game you are buying immediately and have time to spare, I would definitely recommend him. Coordinating with him is a little tedious as others have said, especially if you are off his route. But he is a pinhead himself, and definitely handles the games with care. Anybody in this hobby can appreciate that.

#23 4 years ago

So this begs the question: Ray has the pin for quite awhile in his possession. What happens if/when purchaser finally gets his pin and there is an issue with it? Who is to blame? Seller? Ray? How would a buyer have any recourse at all?

#24 4 years ago

http://www.pinballsonthemove.com

I know of the special because he has games in my local barcade. He told me personally that he is running the special through June

#25 4 years ago
    Quoted from mjm697:

Hell I'm in!!! He's only had my pin since mid December.

Has he given you a delivery date?

See, this is what I'd be scared of. Delivery guy has my pin and who knows when he'll actually drop it off!!?

#26 4 years ago

I got my game in about a week.

#27 4 years ago
    Quoted from Blackbeard:

Has he given you a delivery date?
    See, this is what I'd be scared of. Delivery guy has my pin and who knows when he'll actually drop it off!!?

Last much delayed response from him was the week of "feb 8th" nothing more nothing less? If it's that week, it will be 2 months since I bought pin from seller.

#28 4 years ago
    Quoted from mjm697:

Last much delayed response from him was the week of "feb 8th" nothing more nothing less? If it's that week, it will be 2 months since I bought pin from seller.

Did he originally give you a drop off date? Like an approximation?

Or did you know it would be almost 2 months?

#29 4 years ago
    Quoted from mcclad:

I got my game in about a week.

That was due to Ray coordinating 2 pins in one trip. I had McClads pin all week until the day Ray picked her up and delivered her. In other words he only had the game while transporting it that day.

#30 4 years ago
    Quoted from Blackbeard:

Did he originally give you a drop off date? Like an approximation?
    Or did you know it would be almost 2 months?

In all honesty no, I assumed within a couple weeks from our previous conversations, he also knew this pin was slated for a resto from tom and needed to go to cleveland,which I have missed big time!! But I'm not totally pissed due to giving Tom my elvira next weekend, but I never would have gone this route if I knew I would not have a clue when I would get pin.(shame on me I guess) I'm just disappointed, and rays communication is poor, I do not wish to slam anyone at this point, i just want my pin, this to me has been a big let down, and I'm totally at the mercy of the person holding my pin, i feel helpless and frustration.

Peace to all.

#31 4 years ago

Damn sorry to hear that mjm697. I have his cell # if you don't already. I had no problem communicating with him and was willing to wait the extra time for McClad.

#32 4 years ago
    Quoted from Crispin:

That was due to Ray coordinating 2 pins in one trip. I had McClads pin all week until the day Ray picked her up and delivered her. In other words he only had the game while transporting it that day.

Thats right. I was looking at our PMs to get a timeline. I was trying to state that I got the machine in a very short amount of time. I have waited longer for a pin that was shipped by a much larger company. I can state with complete honesty that I was more than satisfied with Ray. Unless the next machine that I buy is across the country, I can't see myself using anyone else.

#33 4 years ago

I'm in buffalo,pin was picked up from Illinois which is about 9 hours from zip code to zip code.

Just want my pin.

#34 4 years ago
    Quoted from mjm697:

In all honesty no, I assumed within a couple weeks from our previous conversations, he also knew this pin was slated for a resto from tom and needed to go to cleveland,which I have missed big time!! But I'm not totally pissed due to giving Tom my elvira next weekend, but I never would have gone this route if I knew I would not have a clue when I would get pin.(shame on me I guess) I'm just disappointed, and rays communication is poor, I do not wish to slam anyone at this point, i just want my pin, this to me has been a big let down, and I'm totally at the mercy of the person holding my pin, i feel helpless and frustration.
    Peace to all.

Who's this tom guy? Does he do good work?

#35 4 years ago
    Quoted from tdiddy:

I had him to my Taxi playfield. Looks like he fingerpainted it.

#36 4 years ago
    Quoted from mjm697:

I'm in buffalo,pin was picked up from Illinois which is about 9 hours from zip code to zip code.
    Just want my pin.

My personal feelings are if he doesn't have other deliveries your way, he should suck it up and run it out to you. The time frame that he's had it for is becoming unreasonable. Reputation is important.

I know if I was in his spot, I'd wanna get that pin out to you in order to not have any bad feedback from the experience. You shouldn't be held hostage due to the fact he doesn't have deliveries your way.

You waiting over a month now seems to me to be very patient. But at what point does this become ridiculous, if not already?

#37 4 years ago
    Quoted from Blackbeard:

I had him to my Taxi playfield. Looks like he fingerpainted it.

Dude your taxi looked like you were using stones for balls......I have pictures lol

#38 4 years ago

Wow if he's holding the pin for that long to coordinate another run that's unacceptable. In my case he gave me a date and stuck to it. I'd be freaking out if I were mjm! So sorry you had to go through this experience. Seems to me you've been patient enough. I'll keep my fingers crossed and you keep calling him. Hopefully he resolves this quickly, good luck.

#39 4 years ago
    Quoted from Crispin:

Wow if he's holding the pin for that long to coordinate another run that's unacceptable. In my case he gave me a date and stuck to it. I'd be freaking out if I were mjm! So sorry you had to go through this experience. Seems to me you've been patient enough. I'll keep my fingers crossed and you keep calling him. Hopefully he resolves this quickly, good luck.

How can I freak out when he has my pin, i consider myself a fairly reasonable person,I do hate being ignored and put on the pay me no mind list believe that, I think the week of February the 8th is still unreasonable! And Still no date set? at this point I'm just frustrated, I'm finding this very difficult not to go crazy but that will solve nothing and I still won't have my pin. There's no point in me calling him as he will not answer, but he answered every time pre pickup deal, there's more to this story but like I said,I consider myself a reasonable person ,I'm not looking to hurt anyone's reputation, but this is indeed getting ridiculous,

OK I admit I'm pissed.but again that solves nothing, which honestly is also quite disturbing.

#40 4 years ago
    Quoted from tdiddy:

Dude your taxi looked like you were using stones for balls......I have pictures lol

I have since replaced all balls AND added protection via Cliffy's slot protectors.

(protection... slot protectors.. haha)

#41 4 years ago
    Quoted from tdiddy:

Does touchups and pf clearcoats,Yes he does great work, I have his number if you want it.

#42 4 years ago

After seeing this thread for a few days now I thought I'd weigh in on and clear up a few items discussed in this thread.

Let's start with what I do. My company is "Games on the Go." I am an associate of Don Bosworth at Pinballs on the Move. Don helped me get into the transport arena with advise on delivery routes, trailer specifications, game transport safety. etc. My game transport is run with routes. After I get a few requests for transport in a certain geographic ( say New England area) I announce via this outlet and direct email an upcoming transport route. As an example I just finished in late Decembar a 15 state 10 day transport including about 20 games beginning in NJ going through and including states such as New England, NY, Illinois, Wisconsin, Iowa, Indiana, Missouri, Kentucky WVA, Virginia. In many cases such as this particular trip I can fairly accurately predict a pick up date and or delivery date. As you can see I have had many happy customers who have weighed in in this thread. In some cases I cannot predict a delivery or pick up date. As another person pointed out in this thread he was considering using me but it was going to be a month long process. The customer asked me how long it will take and my estimate was longer than he was comfortable with. No problem. IN GENERAL, if you need it quick I'm probably not your guy. Like my associate Don, routes are run several times per year. We are both collectors who do this transport to make a few bucks and to provide a much needed quality and most importantly a secure and safe service for the arcade collecting community. I am totally honest regarding costs, and pickup or delivery information.

Let me talk about my lone detractor on this thread, Blackbeard in Buffalo NY. I picked up his game in Buffalo which was removed from a steep basement and was a bear to remove. Luckily he helped me and my son remove it so many thanks for that. Regarding his delivery. We discussed how I run routes and the fact that it doesn't make sense from a business prospective spending 15 hours round trip to deliver a single game. As he admits we did not discuss at all any specific or approximate delivery date. He said in latter discussions with me he said he assumed I was going to be back in the area "soon". As of this writing I texted him in a text thread his delivery date would be the week of February 8th pending weather (you know Buffalo NY.) To say I don't communicate is a total fabrication. I wont take you through our entire text thread but it began with back and forth texts beginning with his text to me on December 20th while I was still on my midwest 10 day trip. I picked up his game just a few short days earlier and already he wants to know when it's coming. I immediately texted him back "I have no timetable". Texts went back and forth beginning January 7th with me communication with him on 5 occasions culminating with a text from me on January 12th scheduling a route which will include a trip to him the week of February 8th. The bottom line here is this. He never asked about delivery date and I'm clearly not living up to what he "thought" was happening. He is pissed because he "expected" it much sooner. Some people want their game in a week, some a month, and others don't really care as long as the price is right and it gets there safe. All he had to do was ask. As an example, I booked a transport in early September to be picked up in Western Virginia and delivered it to Massachusetts in early January and my customer was perfectly happy with our dealings. Everyone's needs and wants are different. In todays world you can have tons of satisfied customers but only one unhappy person can sink a business. I respect and value this hobby and all of you who keep pinball going. I hope this clears up the situation from my prospective. Thanks for your continued buisiness. BTW, anything needing to be picked or delivered to Pennsylvania, NY, NJ, Ohio etc I will be routing in these areas the week of February 8th. Thanks again.

#43 4 years ago

Uh I've never met you.

You're confused.

#44 4 years ago
    Quoted from Blackbeard:

Uh I've never met you.
    You're confused.

Lmao.......classic!

#45 4 years ago

How much does this service costtypically?

#46 4 years ago

Sorry Blackbeard I was referring to mjm697. Sorry about that. The cost for delivery "Whysnow" is $300 door to door

#47 4 years ago
    Quoted from rutgersray:

Sorry Blackbeard I was referring to mjm697. Sorry about that. The cost for delivery "Whysnow" is $300 door to door

No problem.

Sounds like some miscommunication from the get go with the buyer.

I'm sure once delivered all will be good.

2 weeks later
    #48 4 years ago
    Quoted from Blackbeard:

No problem.
    Sounds like some miscommunication from the get go with the buyer.
    I'm sure once delivered all will be good.

Right you are! A little miscommunication but we all good! Ray honored our last delivery date of wed, actually got it early (today ) no issues from ray, will use again. Thanks.

#49 4 years ago
    Quoted from mjm697:

Right you are! A little miscommunication but we all good! Ray honored our last delivery date of wed, actually got it early (today ) no issues from ray, will use again. Thanks.

Great to hear. I would gladly use Ray again. I am more concerned with the safety of the game then speed. The shipping horror stories on pinside are terrifying, so safety is my number 1 priority and I think Ray meets that.

#50 4 years ago
    Quoted from mjm697:

Great to hear! Everyone loves a happy ending.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 15.00
    Electronics
    Third Coast Pinball
    $ 129.25
    $ 19.95
    $ 28.00
    Lighting - Led
    Arcade Upkeep
    $ 64.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 62.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 209.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 7,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball Shop
    $ 53.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 29.99
    $ 20.00
    Various Novelties
    GC Pinball
    $ 84.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 25.00
    Playfield - Protection
    Pinball Mod Co.
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball Shop
    $ 339.00
    $ 29.50
    Playfield - Plastics
    Pinball Haus
    $ 69.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    $ 79.00
    Playfield - Other
    Pixels Arcade Games
    $ 60.00
    $ 9,500.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball Shop
    Cabinet - Other
    Filament Printing
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 40.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pinfarmer Mods
    $ 24.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lee's Parts
    There are 51 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside