Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 215 posts
  • 145 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Astropin
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

White water 3 (resized).png
    il_fullxfull.956560896_pfng (resized).jpg
    124 (resized).jpg
    123 (resized).jpg
    Untitled (resized).png
    ve4fu (resized).jpg
    There are 215 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 5.
    #151 6 years ago

Metallica - woodchoppers deligbt
    Tspp - just a terrible shooter

#152 6 years ago

Hobbit, but the game had small Flippers. I'm not sure if all Hobbit machines have small Flippers or not. Come to think of it, I hate any game with small flippers

#153 6 years ago
    Quoted from Da-Shaker:

Hobbit, but the game had small Flippers. I'm not sure if all Hobbit machines have small Flippers or not. Come to think of it, I hate any game with small flippers

Hobbit is definitely one I don't get either. I like the theme, even though I was never that big on the LOTR movies. We bought a Smaug LE NIB for my store, and we played the shit out of it for quite a few months. Just could never get into it.

There are a ton of modes and a deep rule set, but we also bought a Ruby Red WOZ NIB, and I found myself gravitating back to that after playing the Hobbit many times. I definitely prefer the art package on TH, but to go from something with a layout and ton of ramps/shots like WOZ to something like TH with just the crossover ramp up top and some Orcs that pop out of the playfield is not all that exciting IMO.

If the layout of WOZ was joined with the Hobbit theme, now that would be a friggin game.

#154 6 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

Hardbody...oh wait, nobody loves that game. Where the hell is Levi with some SF2 love?

Hey, I love Hardbody!

#155 6 years ago

There's some games that I hated until I started playing virtual versions of them. MM and RBION are two examples. Once I understood the rules of these two games better, I fell in love with them. But I still hate FT and STTNG.

#156 6 years ago

Surprised at all the hate for Met. I played it today at a friends house and really enjoyed the game. So much fun.

My wife dislikes Addams Family.

I'll play anything. Don't hate much!

#157 6 years ago
    Quoted from arcademojo:

PS, I'm going to drink a beer and play some SMBMW. Yeah I know most people hate it but it's simple and fun.

After you said that I had to go look at your collection and see if you actually own one.

#158 6 years ago
    Quoted from Rondogg:

"Paragon. Also the wimpy, dated sounds do not fit the expectations set by the badass artwork. If the artwork wasn't among the best of all time, it'd be firewood to most, I think."
    Badass artwork? You mean the woman turning around to see a midget riding a flying lion attacking her with a sword? She looks likes someone just told her the pool bar will be closing in 10 minutes. And something about that midgets arms just don't make sense. No, it's horrible art...

Somebody get this man some depth perception.

#159 6 years ago
    Quoted from dontfeed:

Not sure what that has to do with the fact that I didn't get the attraction of Black Knight then or now?

Really? The first multi-level game and magna-save didn't blow you away back then?

#160 6 years ago

Wow the Adams is getting destroyed in this thread. Some of the sounds in that game are dope even if the rules get old. "Who says you can't take it with you!!!"

#161 6 years ago

I'm enjoying the thread so far. Games that cost so much getting bagged on makes me wonder way the prices are what they are? If these games brought up suck that much 1 they should be cheaper, 2 tons of them for sale. I hold no punches when bagging on stern games i see many of them as just over priced parts boxes with some poor art work.

A game i have to S*+& on is X-Men (Pro). You have a great theme and good art yet We have half of an oversize doll missing an arm (an action figure is something you want to play with) in the middle of the Playfield blocking the game play maybe someone can mod this game to make it worthy of the title. Will take Star Gazer or Big Game over many of the current sterns any day. And yes I do own a new stern Ghostbusters (Premium)-le love it but do agree it is not perfect music needs work,a final full code and can be frustrating as hell sometimes.

#162 6 years ago

HMM...Won't say hate, how 'bout STRONGLY!! dislike...TZ, TAF, TS, ES, NGG, WCS, IJ, JD, JM, CP, DW, FH, RS, STTNG, CV, FG, TSPP, WOZ, TH, DI....

Phoebe

#163 6 years ago
    Quoted from Butterflygirl24:

HMM...Won't say hate, how 'bout STRONGLY!! dislike...TZ, TAF, TS, ES, NGG, WCS, IJ, JD, JM, CP, DW, FH, RS, STTNG, CV, FG, TSPP, WOZ, TH, DI....
    Phoebe

Haha not much of a fan of Pat Lawlor or JJP huh?

#164 6 years ago

Phoebe

Thats quite a list, so much hate

#165 6 years ago

STTNG - I actually like the theme too but that game is just way too floaty and slow. It is the prime example of a game that would have been better and more effective as a standard body. The cannons are boring not to mention a pain to maintain, already done on T2. I play STTNG every time I see it just to give it another chance but I walk away every time with the same impression...no thanks!

#167 6 years ago
    Quoted from EricHadley:

...and yet she still has 50 machines.

#168 6 years ago

Monster Bash. After owning about 3 months, I could not finish a 3 ball game with out quitting and turning the game off

#169 6 years ago

I can't stand F14, the art is lazy and crap and incorrect, it's attract mode is obnoxious, ("you're gonna die!" - who wants to hear this all the time!?! Bleh!) I can't stand the gameplay.

Sometimes I sleepwalk... I mistook it for an outhouse one night, took the glass off and lifted the playfield and everything, too bad my wife caught me just before I climbed on top of it... What a masterpiece of crap!

#170 6 years ago

MM, CC, SS, EATPM, TSPP

MM and CC are repetitive games that follow the late 90s WPC "Rule of Threes." Fan layout, hit every shot 3 times, then something cool happens. So are AFM and MB, but those are the two I pick and it's stupid to have 4 of the same effing game with different themes. MM's ramps are also clunky, IMO. The angles at which their flow is optimized are just plain weird. CC is a western theme, which kind of makes me sick in an "I hate rednecks" sort of way. CCC was a great improvement, but the point at which I sold it was way too buggy and the on/off with the pin and the computer was iffy. SS and EATPM featured a fan favorite for whom I have no love. Sexy old lady? Um.....no.

Finally, TSPP was great programming with a shitty PF design. T
    he weak-ass upper right flipper was the last straw for me.

#171 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinlawyer:

MM, CC, SS, EATPM, TSPP
    MM and CC are repetitive games that follow the late 90s WPC "Rule of Threes." Fan layout, hit every shot 3 times, then something cool happens. So are AFM and MB, but those are the two I pick and it's stupid to have 4 of the same effing game with different themes. MM's ramps are also clunky, IMO. The angles at which their flow is optimized are just plain weird. CC is a western theme, which kind of makes me sick in an "I hate rednecks" sort of way. CCC was a great improvement, but the point at which I sold it was way too buggy and the on/off with the pin and the computer was iffy. SS and EATPM featured a fan favorite for whom I have no love. Sexy old lady? Um.....no.
    Finally, TSPP was great programming with a shitty PF design. T
    he weak-ass upper right flipper was the last straw for me.

While I love to play a few games on any of those machines when I get the chance, I can't disagree with most of your points...

#172 6 years ago

This thread deserves a poll with all the machines mentioned in this thread!

#173 6 years ago

I get that this thread is opinions and I've stated a few of mine, but I do enjoy MET and SS whenever I can. Hoping to get both of those in the lineup within the next few months. Even if you are not that big on Elvira, SS has a great flowing layout, nice art, an interactive backglass and some of the best callouts. It definitely doesn't fit everyone's taste, and it's interesting to hear what people have to say about some of these games.

I've played MB a ton over the years, and we've also had 3 or 4 of them come through the shop to refurb. For me, it's not a game worth the price point though, given what it offers. Fun enough and great theme for $3 - $4k, but not enough to warrant $7-$10k IMO.

#174 6 years ago

Never hated a game but these one lasted only a few weeks, AC/DC, Tron, SS, AF, MB more.

#175 6 years ago

TAF, bought it twice and will never get it again.
    STTNG
    IM
    STLE Stern
    AC/DC
    GB, was fun for 2 weeks but it made me cringe to turn it on afterwards.
    T2
    NGG
    MSF (Geneva! cringe cringe cringe!).
    HH

#176 6 years ago

Paragon--has everything I love, from my favorite period of games and my favorite manufacturer, and with great art. And I hate it. I find it absolutely boring.

CV--hate it. I always play one game and walk away. I like nothing about it, from the art to the rules to the game play.

To each their own.

#177 6 years ago
    Quoted from dothedoo:

Really? The first multi-level game

#178 6 years ago

I think he meant the first split playfield

#179 6 years ago

Never been a big fan of TZ or The Walking Dead modern-wise as much as I love the show. I know its a Borg game and he tends to make great ones, but just couldn't get into it as hard as I tried. I think the shots are way too tight on it.

#180 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballlew:

I think he meant the first split playfield

Ah, I see FG had an earlier date even though it was released later...weird.

#181 6 years ago

I don't care for TWD or GOT but still enjoy playing them. Gets old only playing only a few pins. Only games I really don't like are older games that don't have real audio and digital scores. They look cool and I keep thinking I will like them someday. As soon as I plunged the ball I immediately want to quit playing. I also hate playing any pin that is poorly maintained and does not flip well. Even a great game will seem like a dud. Vice versa a so so game will be fun if it actually works well.

#182 6 years ago
    Quoted from lpeters82:

F-14 was probably the game I've owned that I wanted gone the fastest. I don't hate it. It might not even be bad, but it just doesn't live up to the sum of it's parts. I'm frustrated that the awesome chrome wireforms all lead to ball locks. While I'm a fan of physical ball locks, the two in the center just takes up a lot of real estate.

#183 6 years ago

Technically correct....I should have said 'first SS multi-level game.'

From Mr. Pinball:
    "'Black Knight' was the first solid state game with a multi-level playfield. Examples of earlier games with multi-level playfields are Fisher & Coe Manufacturing Company's 1933 'Grand Central' and Chicago Vending Company's 1934 'Three Point'."

#184 6 years ago

Years ago swapped a TZ and cash for a HUO LoTR ... after 10 games and the "path of death" I smoked a cigarette or made myself a coffee while the ball is on this miniplayfield. Boooooring .... so the pin left after just 4 weeks and I was pissed that I could not get my perfect TZ back. Some month later we got an other nice TZ , this is for years still at home and a "keeper".
    Other boring game ... BK2K if you now how to shoot on the upper playfield.
    White Water ... just noise ... boring play ...out
    CFTBL .. great sound but horrible to paly ... out

#185 6 years ago

I've owned and played nearly all the Solid State pinball machines at great length and there are very few imho that are just not good machines/fun to play.

Off the top of my head, Gilligans Island comes to mind. The entire games scores peanuts for points. Shoot the rope for 250k, coconuts, 300k, etc. Until... ''Mix Seltza?'' Stuff Kona for 50 million. One of the most unbalanced scoring games in pinball.

RollerCoaster Tycoon is another. Great shots, terrible sounds, dumb scoring, a true blue doozer.

And flame this, but I don't know what all the fuss is about with T-X Sector. Save yourself a couple grand and just buy the soundtrack.

#186 6 years ago

Funhouse and Gorgar. I just don't get the fascination with Funhouse, the shots are not great and the callouts are boring. Gorgar is just a slow, and the gameplay has zero flow to it. I know each to his own, aware everyone loves them but they are just not for me.

#187 6 years ago

Ghostbusters too.

#188 6 years ago

I would not use the word 'Hate' and pinball in the same sentence. The OP should change the title to dislike instead of hate.

Anyway I have a few games that I cant seem to get into that other people love....

TWD
    AC/DC
    Hobbit
    WOZ
    MB
    JM
    Games with mini upper playfields with flippers
    SW E1
    Spiderman home version
    Virtual Pinball
    EM's

The only time I hate a pinball machine is when I am on location and the operator is a slouch and does not properly maintain their machines. Nothing worse than plucking a couple of bucks into a machine only to realize it barely plays because of lack of maintenance from weak soft flippers to broken switches, etc. I hate lazy operators!

BTW-Ghostbusters is Awesome!

#189 6 years ago

For me, SWE1. It couldn't leave my game room quick enough.

#190 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinmister:

The only time I hate a pinball machine is when I am on location and the operator is a slouch and does not properly maintain their machines. Nothing worse than plucking a couple of bucks into a machine only to realize it barely plays because of lack of maintenance from weak soft flippers to broken switches, etc. I hate lazy operators!

Then you should definitely stop by the Pinball Hall of Fame in Vegas sometime.

Quoted from waltrr:

Somebody LOVES that game?

#191 6 years ago
    Quoted from EricHadley:

...I didn't say hate...just strongly dislike or maybe I should've said could never get into...

Quoted from John_I:

Haha not much of a fan of Pat Lawlor or JJP huh?

To be fair, I didn't realize till several years into the hobby that most of the games I don't care for are PLD...I just don't care for the game play. Sad really cause I loved watching TAF and TZ when I was a kid. Just WAY too much crap on the PF and you never know where the ball is coming from... and people complain about the hammer on MET blocking the PF and yet they rave about TZ? Most of the others I could just never get into...I play them and think really why are these so popular...FH, RS and CV the heads are just creepy! Have never gotten into the P2K games either I'm in the camp where if I wanna play a video game I'll play a vid but when I'm playing pinball I don't want the ball to disappear and a video screen be there then the ball is there and you have no clue where it's coming from. So I guess I should add video pinball to my list. SC and CP just never caught my attention either, they just don't seem like pinball. WOZ is a great theme love the movie, as a pinball not so much...talk about too much crap on the PF + they made it a widebody so they could add more!

Phoebe

#192 6 years ago

I also hate too many toys you have to play with on the playfield. One of the reasons I don't like The Shadow is because I always called it playing trains with the diverters. Also the movie stunk and the mini playfield is not pinball.

I also don't like Congo, TSPP, TRON, Family Guy (Stewie Pinball bites), Tx Sector or Pinball 2000.

Quoted from waltrr:

You missed the title of the thread. I don't know anyone who loves that game. Everyone who owns a PB2K and has both playfields only have RFM installed.

#193 6 years ago
    Quoted from Taxman:

don't like Congo,

I upvoted your post cause I agree with everything except ^^!! Amy wants green drop drink and she loves ColorDMD!!

Phoebe

#194 6 years ago

I upvoted your post cause I agree with everything except ^^!! Amy wants green drop drink and she loves ColorDMD!!
    Phoebe

I know. I want to like Congo but the movie is just so darn bad and the lower playfield toy the worst. Also in league play there always seem to be one person who gets the win by getting so many points from the caves.

#195 6 years ago

Guns N Roses - love the music and playfield art but can't get into the game
    Spiderman - it's just like Star Trek but I don't go near it
    WOZ - Pretty but not into it

#196 6 years ago
    Quoted from TomDK:

Years ago swapped a TZ and cash for a HUO LoTR ... after 10 games and the "path of death" I smoked a cigarette or made myself a coffee while the ball is on this miniplayfield. Boooooring .... so the pin left after just 4 weeks and I was pissed that I could not get my perfect TZ back.

How were you able to collect enough souls to start Return of the King multiball without nudging the lit lanes on the path of the dead?

#197 6 years ago

Man, some of the games listed in here are confusing to me. TRON, MB.... uh what?

They sound to me like 'I don't like free money" or "I have way too much sex". Confusing as hell. ( and I hate the fucking Eagles )

#198 6 years ago

TAF and TSPP. I used to own TSPP and was glad to get rid of it. Homer's voice was getting on my nerves.

#199 6 years ago
    Quoted from Puffdanny:

I totally hate TAF And GB I know there grail pins for so many people but I don't even want to play them for free.I'd rather pay to play something else and before you flame me I totally respect both games I just don't like playing them.if you look at my rating for GB it's a high rating as it is a beautiful machine with a theme I love but with the difficulty and short ball times it just doesn't suit my tastes.what game do you hate that everyone else loves?

Agree.
    TAF
    GB
    WOZ

I respect the work that went into them, but really not my preference.

#200 6 years ago
    Quoted from trunchbull:

Hey, I love Hardbody!

ME TOO

There are 215 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/games-everyone-loves-but-you-hate/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.