Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 215 posts
  • 145 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Astropin
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

White water 3 (resized).png
    il_fullxfull.956560896_pfng (resized).jpg
    124 (resized).jpg
    123 (resized).jpg
    Untitled (resized).png
    ve4fu (resized).jpg
    There are 215 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.
    #101 6 years ago

Don;t think that counts here

#102 6 years ago

Well...you got me. I saw this, and actually scrolled to the bottom of the page to look for the footnote you referenced with the asterisk.

#103 6 years ago

Paragon. So much playfield, so few shots. Also, screw that double flipper layout. Also the wimpy, dated sounds do not fit the expectations set by the badass artwork (to be fair, it came out two years too early to have the good Bally sound system). If the artwork wasn't among the best of all time, it'd be firewood to most, I think. Getting stuck playing it in seemingly every tournament has only strengthened my hatred for it.

Metallica. Love the art, it's a good layout, and I'm a fan of the music, but I hate the grindy ruleset. Hit the four things over and over again just to start a mode where you'll accidentally hit a pick target and drain before you can do anything with it. Multiballs are nothing more than ways to grind toward crank-it-up. Then there's Sparky, who his annoying voice and tendency to throw the ball SDTM or down an outlane. This is another game that I'm seemingly stuck playing in every tournament.

Terminator 2. Quite possibly the best example of a great theme gone to waste. With a complete rules re-write that either eliminates the gun completely or at least cuts it down to AC/DC or STTNG levels plus a pinsound board to restore the proper music and dark tone that befits the theme, it could be salvaged. As it is, the load the gun, shoot the gun, rinse and repeat rules make it barely even qualify as playing pinball.

#104 6 years ago
    Quoted from neurokinetik:

Terminator 2. Quite possibly the best example of a great theme gone to waste. With a complete rules re-write that either eliminates the gun completely or at least cuts it down to AC/DC or STTNG levels plus a pinsound board to restore the proper music and dark tone that befits the theme, it could be salvaged. As it is, the load the gun, shoot the gun, rinse and repeat rules make it barely even qualify as playing pinball.

Completely valid all the way around. I just cannot get enough of the thrill of getting a super JP. Man, it's so great.

#105 6 years ago

Sterns Star Trek, flows like butter but I hate it!!!! CV totally hate it!!! TZ and TSPP don't know what all the fuss is about there just not fun, an I own TSPP. Adams family doesn't do much for me either.

#106 6 years ago

For me GB is a recent game that should be a blast but was ruined by lack of refinement and the sw. Nobody wants to play the same modes over and over or have their ball jump over the outlane guide half the time.

There seems to be two camps on STTNG, either you love it, or you're shitty at pinball.

#107 6 years ago
    Quoted from wtatumjr:

most disappointing to me was Hobbit

is it really that bad?

#108 6 years ago

I hate Funhouse. Hate it so much I refer to it as Shithouse.

Also don't like CFTBL. Want to like it. Just don't.

For Sterns it's TSPP. Hate that game. Would rather play Avengers with magnetized balls and a broken flipper than TSPP.

#109 6 years ago
    Quoted from LOTR_breath:

I hate Funhouse. Hate it so much I refer to it as Shithouse.

We are no longer friends. Haha

#110 6 years ago

Easy: IJ, Tron, and AC/DC. I don't HATE them, but gawd they are insanely overrated.

#111 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pimp77:

Easy: IJ, Tron, and AC/DC. I don't HATE them, but gawd they are insanely overrated.

So are you. But you don't see me ripping on you.

Untitled (resized).pngUntitled (resized).png

#112 6 years ago

I think if we did a thread for games you totally love, pretty much all the games on this thread would be there.
    I didn't like TAF at first but it grew on me. It has so many good shots. The ramps, the thing hand, the chair hole, the swamp, the thing flips auto flip, the train, cousin it, the magnets, the bookcase shot is really cool. Three subway shots, I mean c'mon! If you don't like this game then how can you say you like Pinball? Also many, many, of the other games mentioned are great! Oh well, to each his own, but I just don't get it. I pretty much like any pinball machine, even the simplest EM you can find, I'll find something interesting to do or angle to make the play interesting and fun...

#113 6 years ago

Maybe I've never played a good example, but when I look at the ratings of White Water, I just don't understand. Every time I play that game it feels like a turd.

#114 6 years ago

Can't believe anyone would list MET & TWD as pins they hate. Both are absolute gems IMHO & should be held high on the pedestal of "pin respect"

#115 6 years ago

I can't think of any pins that I "hate," but if I had to pick the two most overrated games, for me, it would be CV and TOTAN.

#116 6 years ago

What I've learned over the years is that there's no game that everyone likes, but every game is someone's favorite.

#117 6 years ago

I'm sure not everybody loves the games I hate. Just as I know not many have even played some of the games I do love.

And on the same note it cracks me up how offended some get when you mention you are not thrilled with what they think is a great theme or game.

#118 6 years ago

DE WWF... OOOOOH YEAAAAAH

Most of the 6ball multiball DEs are pretty good value for money, JP, TFTC, even LAH to an extent, but WWF just has a great layout, rules and adorably goofy theme/art/sound that just clicks for me, even though I'm not a fan of wrestling.

Oh and Space Jam. Dunno why, I just like Space Jam.

EDIT: Oops, misunderstood thread title. Ok, erm, Iron Man, dunno why everybody rates it so much. Oh and TOM, such a boring game and seems to be shilled into the top 10 ratings by people wanting to move theirs along.

#119 6 years ago

WOW!!!! So many people that hate so many of the top rated games. TAF, TZ, MM, MET, GB and so on.
    SO is it you hate the game or you hate the hype others feel for the game?
    For me, I would say I hate any game with floating balls from not having steep enough pitch and any game with wide flipper gap.
    PS, I'm going to drink a beer and play some SMBMW. Yeah I know most people hate it but it's simple and fun.

#120 6 years ago
    Quoted from arcademojo:

SO is it you hate the game or you hate the hype others feel for the game?

Straight up hate for those that pump sucky, overhyped top pinside games.

#121 6 years ago

Black Knight. I just don't get it.

#122 6 years ago

BK is what it is, an older game that has some fun innovations but a really restrictive ruleset. Really enjoyed playing mine, but not for any length of time.

#123 6 years ago
    Quoted from dontfeed:

If you were there when BK showed up on location in 1980, you might get it.

#124 6 years ago
    Quoted from dontfeed:

Quoted from o-din:

BK2K...never got into that one either.

#125 6 years ago
    Quoted from Sonny_Jim:

DE WWF... OOOOOH YEAAAAAH
    Most of the 6ball multiball DEs are pretty good value for money, JP, TFTC, even LAH to an extent, but WWF just has a great layout, rules and adorably goofy theme/art/sound that just clicks for me, even though I'm not a fan of wrestling.

Now that's a different topic entirely - great game/awful theme.

I got to play a DE WWF recently and was surprised at how much fun it was, even though I don't care for wrestling. Same with NASCAR and Baywatch.

#126 6 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

BK2K...never got into that one either.

If you were there in 1989 when BK2K first showed up on location with all the hotties hanging out around it, you might get it.

#127 6 years ago
    Quoted from Spitfiren8:

TSPP ... how many modes are running? Who knows, keep the ball alive and score all the points!?!

Christ how true. Add the same Simpsons theme blared at you over and over and over makes you not want to press play again.

#128 6 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

If you were there in 1989 when BK2K first showed up on location with all the hotties hanging out around it, you might get it.

I was; that's why I included your quote.

EDIT: Some games are like that some not. I can;t stand T2 now but of course it was a monster when it came out and loved it.

#129 6 years ago

I enjoy and love every pin but I don't see the fascination with late 90s pins. Medieval Madness and Attack From Mars are like the same game to me. Very innovative! Just not my type of pin and pretty overrated.

#130 6 years ago

Of the games I've owned, could never, no matter how hard I tried, could ever get into SM.

#131 6 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Some games are like that some not. I can;t stand T2 now but of course it was a monster when it came out and loved it.

T-2 was in a local dive bar when it was new, so I sort of remember playing it.

#132 6 years ago

"Paragon. Also the wimpy, dated sounds do not fit the expectations set by the badass artwork. If the artwork wasn't among the best of all time, it'd be firewood to most, I think."

Badass artwork? You mean the woman turning around to see a midget riding a flying lion attacking her with a sword? She looks likes someone just told her the pool bar will be closing in 10 minutes. And something about that midgets arms just don't make sense. No, it's horrible art...

123 (resized).jpg123 (resized).jpg

124 (resized).jpg124 (resized).jpg

#133 6 years ago

Repairing Sega (showcase series) pins is a pain in the ass, fun games but a mess internally.

#134 6 years ago
    Quoted from TopMoose:

Same with NASCAR and Baywatch.

Hah, weird. I too also quite like NASCAR, wouldn't say it's amazing but I don't think it's as bad as people make out. Baywatch I couldn't really comment, haven't played it that much. You should give Space Jam a try, see if that clicks for you.

Quoted from Pinball-DOOD:

Repairing Sega (showcase series) pins is a pain in the ass

You mean you don't like that super amazing open outwards headbox, I'm shocked. Shocked I tell you.

#135 6 years ago
    Quoted from Sonny_Jim:

Hah, weird. I too also quite like NASCAR, wouldn't say it's amazing but I don't think it's as bad as people make out. Baywatch I couldn't really comment, haven't played it that much. You should give Space Jam a try, see if that clicks for you.

You mean you don't like that super amazing open outwards headbox, I'm shocked. Shocked I tell you.

Hahah! Looks like a toy

#136 6 years ago
    Quoted from Spitfiren8:

TSPP ... how many modes are running? Who knows, keep the ball alive and score all the points!?!

Couldn't agree with you more .

#137 6 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Yeah, 1980, I was nine with a pocket full of quarters. What did I know, right?

#138 6 years ago
    Quoted from Rondogg:

"Paragon. Also the wimpy, dated sounds do not fit the expectations set by the badass artwork. If the artwork wasn't among the best of all time, it'd be firewood to most, I think."
    Badass artwork? You mean the woman turning around to see a midget riding a flying lion attacking her with a sword? She looks likes someone just told her the pool bar will be closing in 10 minutes. And something about that midgets arms just don't make sense. No, it's horrible art...

Nobody's looking at the midget's arms...

#139 6 years ago
    Quoted from dontfeed:

Yeah, 1980, I was nine with a pocket full of quarters. What did I know, right?

Let me guess. You were one of those kids that was stuffing those quarters into video games.

#140 6 years ago

White Water, owned it 4x and each and every time I disliked it a little more.

#141 6 years ago

Tron & TWD for me, I've tried hard to like them both, I just don't even though I've got deep into both of them

#142 6 years ago
    Quoted from mufcmufc:

Tron & TWD for me, I've tried hard to like them both, I just don't even though I've got deep into both of them

You...monster!

#143 6 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Let me guess. You were one of those kids that was stuffing those quarters into video games.

Yes I was, as well as pinball, pop machines, gallery shooters, unbreakable comb dispensers and those dispensers with the funny balloons in the men's room.

Not sure what that has to do with the fact that I didn't get the attraction of Black Knight then or now?

#144 6 years ago
    Quoted from DeathHimself:

White Water, owned it 4x and each and every time I disliked it a little more.

Slow learner?

#145 6 years ago
    Quoted from dontfeed:

unbreakable comb dispensers

il_fullxfull.956560896_pfng (resized).jpgil_fullxfull.956560896_pfng (resized).jpg

#146 6 years ago

I would list WOZ, but I rarely meet people who do love it. So that would be a game that "few love and I hate." I think basically every game Date East made also falls into this category.

People seem to love CV, TOM and TOTAN though. CV was just ok until I made the Circus a half dozen times. The others totally suck.

People also seem to love the Pinball 2000 platform despite the fact that STE1 sucked and RFM was only OK. I personally am glad P2K failed and there were no more games. Not to mention how heavy those effin things were. Sheesh.

#147 6 years ago

I pretty much dislike every recent game that has an outdated licensed theme.

Seems a lot of people do like them though or pinball itself might go out of business. Wouldn't bother me one bit if it continues like this.

#148 6 years ago

For me, its definitely game of thrones. Almost every shot throws the ball somewhere you can't see, the rules are bizarre, and it's generally unexciting.

#149 6 years ago
    Quoted from ZeldaOoT:

For me, its definitely game of thrones. Almost every shot throws the ball somewhere you can't see, the rules are bizarre, and it's generally unexciting.

Pinsider set to ignore.

#150 6 years ago

Hardbody...oh wait, nobody loves that game. Where the hell is Levi with some SF2 love?

There are 215 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/games-everyone-loves-but-you-hate/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.