(Topic ID: 213014)

Gameroom Sound System

By pinballinreno

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20180325_210241 (resized).jpg
    20180325_210245 (resized).jpg
    Onyx4 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider merccat.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 6 years ago

My choice would be an NSM wall mount CD jukebox and speakers recessed in the ceilings plus a sub. They have an aux-in that automatically plays through the jukebox amp when a cd is not playing. This allows you to hide a streaming device inside and keep that playing then once someone picks a song it automatically overrides then goes back to the stream.

I also did the same setup with a RockOla hideaway so that only a wall mount console was visible but the hideaway cabinet was still too big for my taste

#10 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinballinreno:

Ill look into this it sounds good! Any links to this?

Hunting for Jukeboxes is kind of like hunting pins... there is always flea-bay (price probably equally inflated as what you see for pins):
    One example:
    ebay.com link: NSM wall mount Victorian C D Jukebox JB058

Things to watch out for:
    - make sure the wall mount is included
    - shipping can be hard as these things are suprisingly heavy for their size.
    - avoid anything converted to touch-tunes.

Of this particular brand I like models with their ES-5 or ES-5.1 cpu. 5 is nice because it has the auxin as rca jacks on board but 5.1 is nice because it works with the last generation phillips cdpro players and their fastest disk changing mech.

For the streaming in what I did is plug an airport express into the jukes switched service outlet so whenever I turn it on it joins the home network and I names the express jukebox airplay so anyone can recognize it. However now that bluetooth streaming devices are so common there’s probably something more generic you could go with thats just a simple bluetooth reciever with RCA lines out.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider merccat.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gameroom-sound-system?tu=merccat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.