(Topic ID: 123944)

GameRoom Magazine - who's in (em hangout)?

By hoov

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by hoov
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

gm postcard 015.JPG
    gm postcard 006.JPG
    #1 9 years ago

Just got my postcard today. I was owed some back issues from Kevin but that's water under the bridge now. We did get digital access to old issues. I'll give Nic Parks a try - give him credit for starting it back up.

I'm in - sending my postcard tomorrow.

gm postcard 006.JPGgm postcard 006.JPG gm postcard 015.JPGgm postcard 015.JPG
    #3 9 years ago

I was owed magazines but never got the digital ones.

Anyone want to hook a brother up?

To answer your question yes I subscribed to the new one. Well, whatever that was. More like requested to be invoiced someday.

Can't wait

#4 9 years ago

hoov, I'm not familiar with the publication. Good EM content?

#5 9 years ago
    Quoted from goldenboy232:

I'm likewise Dave

#7 9 years ago

Ok went through that thread but none the wiser on the question 'Good EM content?'

#8 9 years ago
    Quoted from goldenboy232:

Quoted from wayner:

I'm likewise Dave

This was published up until about 5 years ago. I thought it had pretty good em content with articles featuring em pinball, jukes, arcades, etc. - anything you would find in a gameroom. I especially liked the feature when they described someone's gameroom - they would go to their house and interview them and take pics and publish them - something like going to Vic Camps gameroom for instance. Enjoyable reading.

EDIT: It looks like the new GR magazine will be published quarterly with 4 issues per year. So, I would suggest trying it out for a year and see if it's worth it for you.

We also need to support these folks providing these services to us hobbyists.

#9 9 years ago
    Quoted from PW79:

To answer your question yes I subscribed to the new one. Well, whatever that was. More like requested to be invoiced someday.
    Can't wait

Here's a thread from the main forum from the new publisher with a poll on starting back up:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gameroom-magazine-former-subscriber-information

#10 9 years ago

This is from the new publisher:

GameRoom focuses on pinball machines, classic arcade equipment and
    vintage jukeboxes, providing information and tips on coin-op equipment
    from all eras. It had been an information resource for the maintenance
    and restoration of classic coin-operated machines. According to the new
    owners, the revived publication will continue to publish features such
    as "Game Room of the Month."

#11 9 years ago
    Quoted from PW79:

Can't wait

I'll mail you a flashdrive with the content.

#12 9 years ago
    Quoted from PW79:

Can't wait

It looks like if you send your postcard in he'll put you in a new subscriber database and probably send you his subscription information w/billing and then give you free issue(s) as described below.

For those of you who are former subscribers like me, I have worked up a free issue schedule. I purchased the rights to the magazine and related information and would like to compensate those of you would had paid subscriptions as of 10/2010. I have the spreadsheet on hand and everyone whose subscription had not expired will get a free issue regardless if you re-subscribe or not. Certainly if I did not take on this crazy adventure, none of the former subscribers would receive anything, but I want to do what I can you help earn your subscription for the new magazine. Here is the schedule:

Owed 1 issue or more: 1 free issue regardless (1429 individuals)
    Owed 6-11 issues: 2 free issues for re-subscribers (478 individuals)
    Owed 12-17 issues: 4 free issues for re-subscribers (172 individuals)
    Owed 18+ issues: 6 free issues for re-subscribers (128 individuals)

Please do not contact us to find out how many issues you were owed. If you re-subscribe, you will be credited the appropriate number of issues and sent an email to notify you how many free issues you will be getting. Thanks for all the support so far!

New website in development. For now, subscribe here: http://www.thepinballcompany.com/subscribe.aspx

Nic Parks
    Publisher
    (The New) GameRoom Magazine

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gameroom-magazine-whos-in-em-hangout and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.