Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 92 posts
  • 47 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by hoov
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

GRmag2016 006 (resized).JPG
    GRmag2016 005 (resized).JPG
    GRmag2016 004 (resized).JPG
    GRmag2016 002 (resized).JPG
    GRmag2016 001 (resized).JPG
    Gameroom.png
    image.jpeg
    Capture.png
    image.jpg
    GRM.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jazman.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#17 9 years ago

Here's what I see... Judging by the postcard, the use of the name, and the artwork, Nic and Brooke bought the rights, art and mailing list from Kevin. I can only assume that means that Kevin got paid for this.

If Nic and Brooke wanted to start a magazine about gamerooms, they could have done that. By buying the name and rights they obviously wanted some sort of recognition and history. Well, along with that comes the bad part of that history of what happened to a *LOT* of subscribers when we got left hanging.

So, while I get where John is coming from, it was "water under the bridge" until this happened. Just because it's new owners, they don't get a pass. They knew the situation in which it ended and had to know there were a ton of people that were left hanging. If they didn't want to deal with it, they should have started a new magazine from scratch.

I was left with about a year left. There are some very realistic things they could do to fix it. If they don't do something like "Subscribe to a year and we'll add your remaining time to your subscription", I suspect most of us won't subscribe. I'm realistic enough to understand that they can't just restart and say "hey, 90% of our subscribe base is now free". But, they need to be realistic enough to understand that they bought history (good and bad).

Jaz

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jazman.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gameroom-magazine-is-back-i-just-got-the-postcard?tu=jazman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.