4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 89 posts
  • 46 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Matesamo
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 10 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

GRmag2016 006 (resized).JPG
    GRmag2016 005 (resized).JPG
    GRmag2016 004 (resized).JPG
    GRmag2016 002 (resized).JPG
    GRmag2016 001 (resized).JPG
    Gameroom.png
    image.jpeg
    Capture.png
    image.jpg
    GRM.jpg

There are 89 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 3 years ago

Hey! I got it today also. And I didn't even sign up or ask for lost issues

#52 3 years ago

Waiting on a full review from someone. I'm just hoping they went back there roots and dont have any of that gaming crap in it like before.....which is what killed the magazine in the first place. Come on already...I'm waiting!!

John P. Dayhuff
    Battle Creek, Mi.
    269-979-3836

#53 3 years ago

Got mine in the mail today also. Looks to be a high quality print job and will hold up very well. Sorry John you'll just have to wait.

#54 3 years ago
    Quoted from Dayhuff:

Waiting on a full review from someone. I'm just hoping they went back there roots and dont have any of that gaming crap in it like before.....which is what killed the magazine in the first place. Come on already...I'm waiting!!
    John P. Dayhuff
    Battle Creek, Mi.
    269-979-3836

Define, "Gaming crap"

#56 3 years ago
    Quoted from Dayhuff:

John P. Dayhuff
    Battle Creek, Mi.
    269-979-3836

Did you get your complimentary copy in the mail like I did today? You'll like it as there were no slot machine or home video game console articles in this copy. Maybe a slot machine or Bingo article will be coming soon.

#57 3 years ago

LOL...I got one in the mail today and didn't know why until I saw this thread. Haven't opened it yet.

#58 3 years ago

From the magazine info related to "former subscribers"

Capture.png

#59 3 years ago

does any one know if there will be copies for sale at expo?????????

#60 3 years ago

It was a good read, I liked it. I liked the bigger type size too, very easy to read.

#61 3 years ago

Got mine yesterday. It was actually pretty well done! I'll probably give them another chance and re-subscribe.

#62 3 years ago

I was surprised to get mine in the mail the other day because I have barely had time to look at Pinside much less do much of anything lately, but flipping through it, I have to say it looks very nice. It was a good thing they decided to "pay out" some of the remaining people because I can all but guarantee I would not have subscribed otherwise, and now I'm thinking that I might... That being said...

Quoted from Dayhuff:

I'm just hoping they went back there roots and dont have any of that gaming crap in it like before.....which is what killed the magazine in the first place.

I don't think this had anything to do with GR going away when it did. When GR died, we were in a totally different time. Stern was making very few machines and was dwindling in size (NBA, BBH, IM, all from this time). The arcade video world was cratering and games like Ms. Pac-Man that always held their value in the past could be had for like $300. There wasn't tons of content to be had that was brand "new", and while repair and history articles are great, there is only so big of a market for that.

Kevin attempted to expand the market by including other gameroom-related things like slot machines and home consoles. I personally could not care less about any slot related articles, but I found the home console stuff interesting as for me it crossed over.

As a whole though, the hobby was at a rough time, and it went under.

Now, GameRoom Magazine can be whatever it wants to be - it's not like Stern is pumping out less than 3000 machines a year, pinball has gained SO much more traction. Arcade video games, while not having taken off in price have stabilized, and there is becoming a market for making restoration parts for those. There is SO much more to talk about in the "home gameroom" world than there was.

I need to actually read through this one to see what I think about renewing, but if there is a time for a physical GameRoom type magazine to return, now is that time and I wish them all the luck in the world.

#63 3 years ago

So glad and surprised to get mine a few days ago. I thing for a first revival issue it's well done and has some good articles. Glad it's back!

3 months later
    #64 3 years ago

Just curious if an issue #2 has hit the streets yet. Or has anyone heard anything?

If they state 4/year one would 'think' that is one every 3 months, so Aug/Sept/Oct and Nov would be #2?

#65 3 years ago

Got mine yesterday, haven't opened it yet. Picture of Santa on the cover.

#66 3 years ago

I received it today and thumbed through is all haven't read it yet.

#67 3 years ago

Awesome! Looking forward to it.

#68 3 years ago

Here is a pic of the coverimage.jpeg

#69 3 years ago

I'd love to subscribe again but holy s...t, the price for an international subscription!Gameroom.png

Maybe they could offer a downloadable pdf?

#70 3 years ago

If anyone gets a chance to read the new issue can you tell me if there's any em articles in the mag.. TIA

#71 3 years ago

I haven't had time to read through but I didn't see an article on a EM pinball but there was an article on " A Mills Vest Pocket Gets An Upgrade", basically restoration of an old EM slot machine.

It's 82 pages and looks very nice.

#72 3 years ago

I know they say not to contact them to find out how many issues you have left on your account...
    BUT
    I subscribed, and never got the email telling me how many issues I would be getting, did anyone get an email?

Is there someway to put an issues remaining number, or date subscription ends on the mailing label of each magazine?
    Perhaps better yet would be a login site to check your account status.

I've received both issues so far an they are great, subscribed for an additional year on top of the unknown number of "free" issues I have coming.

#73 3 years ago

Got mine today! Hope to have time to read it later tonight.

#74 3 years ago

Whoops, forgot to order.... And figures, I just picked up a Mills Vest Pocket last week. Wonder if I pay tonight I can get this issue, or will I start with the next?

Paid.... So we shall see

7 months later
    #75 2 years ago

Has anyone heard anything about the new GameRoom magazine lately? I thought issue #1 (August 2015) was a great read, but I haven't seen or heard anything about it since. From this thread, there may have been an issue #2 but I never received it as a subscriber. Is it still in business? Has anyone gotten any issues lately? Thanks.

#76 2 years ago

I'm not sure what issue there up to but I'm guessing #3 or #4 ? I should know since I got one just the other day but didn't pay any attention to the numbers, just happy to see it in the mailbox was all I cared about.

John P. Dayhuff
    Battle Creek, MI.
    269-979-3836

#77 2 years ago

Issue #4, June 2016 arrived a couple of weeks ago. I'm glad that Gameroom is back!

Jim

#78 2 years ago

I got all 4 of my issues and an invoice for the next issues years run.

#79 2 years ago

Thanks for the confirmation guys, I did some searching and reached out to Nic at The Pinball Company who is going to look into it for me. I thought it was strange I hadn't received one this year, but wanted to check if I was the only one or if they might have gone out of business again.

11 months later
    #80 1 year ago

How/Who do we contact for address changes? gameroommagazine.net only lets you buy new issues.

#82 1 year ago

I dropped my subscription after the first year. (Of the current re-boot) Way too many ads. Is it any better now Vic?

#83 1 year ago

Did they stop all the goofy articles on home gaming consoles, gameroom construction, etc? Its supposed to be a magazine on coin operated machines. I dropped it when it started catering to "gamers", whoever the heck they are!

#84 1 year ago

The ads were obnoxious so I dumped it after a year.

#85 1 year ago
    Quoted from DennisDodel:

I dropped my subscription after the first year. (Of the current re-boot) Way too many ads. Is it any better now Vic?

Gameroom Magazine always been good and even better now. You can always find a well written EM pinball article and more. Talented staff makes it a winner! I hope the support of the pinball and coin op community keeps Gameroom Magazine around for a long time. Thumbs up for me....

GRmag2016 001 (resized).JPG

GRmag2016 002 (resized).JPG

GRmag2016 004 (resized).JPG

GRmag2016 005 (resized).JPG

GRmag2016 006 (resized).JPG

#86 1 year ago

I'm hoping they'll have some for sale this weekend at CAX.

#87 1 year ago

I agree with Vic
    I liked the old magazine and now
    I feel their doing a great job with
    The new. As far as ads, they have to have
    Some way to offset the cost and keep the
    Subscription cost where it's at.
    My two cents worth
    Jim

#88 1 year ago
    Quoted from Liftserv:

I agree with Vic
    I liked the old magazine and now
    I feel their doing a great job with
    The new. As far as ads, they have to have
    Some way to offset the cost and keep the
    Subscription cost where it's at.
    My two cents worth
    Jim

Exactly. I wonder why some people just don't get it. The publisher isn't making millions of dollars on this.

#89 1 year ago
    Quoted from sbmania:

Did they stop all the goofy articles on home gaming consoles, gameroom construction, etc? Its supposed to be a magazine on coin operated machines. I dropped it when it started catering to "gamers", whoever the heck they are!

To be fair, it is called Gameroom Magazine.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 5,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 209.99
    $ 64.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Lermods
    $ 6.00
    Electronics
    German-Pinball-Modular
    $ 12.99
    Cabinet - Other
    Medisinyl Mods
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 1,400.00
    Electronics
    Third Coast Pinball
    $ 7.00
    Electronics
    APB Enterprises
    $ 89.99
    $ 29.00
    $ 209.99
    £ 31.00
    Lighting - Led
    PinballToys
    $ 218.00
    $ 11.95
    $ 90.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 20.50
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 150.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Rock Custom Pinball
    £ 32.00
    $ 107.95
    Lighting - Other
    Hookedonpinball.com
    There are 89 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside